Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

Spoiler:
In post 4322, Infinity 324 wrote:Fypov obviously the no kill happened because of the lilith JK. But you ignored the possibility that mena was targeted by a night kill.
In post 3934, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:It probably doesn’t change anything though because unless there’s literally a hard guilty, I base my votes mainly on play.
This doesn't match up with your actions. I asked you multiple times to look at a key spot where mena was obvtowning but you either didn't do that or you ignored the fact that mena was obvtown by play. It wasn't a hard guilty. Hoopla gave some good reasons in for why mena could've been NKed.
In post 4319, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Why are you trying so hard to push me over fypov a slot that has the most odds of being redirector other than you?
I considered all of those things which is what took me so long to vote. You can shade me all you want, it doesn’t make scum because I was wrong.

I also base my reads on play, and s_s has played pretty towny imo. That doesn't change now that I know he's scum (I'm sure scum would've quickhammered by now).
In post 4319, Smoke and Mirrors wrote: And if you’re so convinced it has to be SS, then wtf is up with all of this scum neighbourizer thing you keep pushing?
In post 4301, Infinity 324 wrote:hoopla is the closest thing to a consensus townread we have. Since town has to vote together, I want to be voting with hoopla today. I may think the redirector gambit is a possibility, but I don’t think I’ll be able to convince hoopla to vote you, n_m, or bird today, so it’s better to vote s_s, who I know is scum if the gambit didn’t happen.

You can shade me all you want but being wrong on Mena doesn’t make me scum. This is what is seriously pinging me, why would you want to vote out me, n_m or BB over SS? Because Hoopla thinks that’s dumb or what? If you could convince her, would you prefer voting any of the 3 > SS? Is that what you’re saying?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I would’ve probably wanted to vote you, yeah. You make sense as scum in all my solves, and both you and lilith are scummy as hell.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

This should go without saying, but a no elim in ELo is not an option.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:38 pm

In post 4327, Infinity 324 wrote:I would’ve probably wanted to vote you, yeah. You make sense as scum in all my solves, and both you and lilith are scummy as hell.
In post 4328, Infinity 324 wrote:This should go without saying, but a no elim in ELo is not an option.
Why tf would you want a no elim?

And fyi. if this wasn’t exactly Elo, I’d probably already be voting you for excessively scummy play today. But I’m still paranoid on SS and don’t want to make a mistake.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah I’m just worried that people will flake out and we’ll get a no elim
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:21 pm

In post 4330, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah I’m just worried that people will flake out and we’ll get a no elim
Apathy is town’s greatest enemy.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 5.04

Something_Smart (1)
: Infintiy 324
Infinity 324 (1)
: Something_Smart

Not voting
: davesaz, Best Bird, Hoopla, Smoke and Mirrors, Not_Mafia

Deadline: (expired on 2020-12-05 14:00:00)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- quack
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Best Bird »

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:05 am

Post by the worst »

Prodding Hoopla.
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Best Bird »

alright whatever

VOTE: S_S
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

sorry friends. got unexpectedly smacked with work duties. i don't have a lot of time to commit to the game any further before deadline, so unfortunately i'm going to have to go all in on the analysis i invested in earlier in the game and hope it comes up trumps.

VOTE: SS

hope this isn't a game-losing vote, but if it is, well played scumbags, it's been an entertaining tussle.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Hoopla »

i'm scared the lurkfest is scum sitting back hoping to stall out a no-elim, so whoever is town, it's time to speak up and keep this game alive.

i need to sleep now, but will wake up and check in before deadline if need be, or perhaps, to just yell franticly into the void.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:48 am

Post by davesaz »

I think it's obvious at least one of them is scum, and have thought S_S might be scum the whole game.
I've had no confidence at all in anything but stuff that ended up being wrong. Might as well see if this is any better.
VOTE: Something_Smart
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Thank goodness.

With S&M and n_m both seemingly leaning towards me, I don’t think scum would vote s_s in this situation. I think we actually found the scumteam.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: SS
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Spoiler: lilith's scumread on s_s
In post 482, lilith2013 wrote:okay so I have a super crazy wild theory that SS and skitter are scum together and the reason that skitter's scumreading me so early is because they know I can read SS really well
In post 471, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 464, skitter30 wrote:
In post 461, lilith2013 wrote:skitter, why do you think SS is towny?
Feels a bit more invested/involved than i think scum!him would be

I am really sad to say that i think you rolled scum this game :(
I don't have any townpings from SS from so far, which... based on my read meter for him, means he's probably scum.
In post 490, lilith2013 wrote:@SS if you're town, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but like, you calling out skitter on her response to JV's townread on her felt over the top and her reaction to me talking about you also felt partnery to me.
In post 864, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 546, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 501, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 495, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 490, lilith2013 wrote:@SS if you're town, I'm happy to be proven wrong, but like, you calling out skitter on her response to JV's townread on her felt over the top
Hmm? His response to that was along the lines of "This is interesting, I wonder what to think. Slightly scummy."
The fact that he called it out at all feels like not-SS to me. It also reminded me of this post:
In post 698, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 691, Bingle wrote:ngl, the speed is very unnerving.
Honestly, I think the number of people who immediately popped in to express their dislike for the wagon is much more notable.
in which he avoids interacting with the wagon, similarly to how he avoided commenting on the JV wagon here.
S_S said this is a general feature of his playstyle though (in regards to being hesitant with votes), has he done this as town as well?

In a vacuum I would say an unwillingness to get involved in wagons/voting is scummy but if it's a consistency across his play than I don't know how much I can take from it.
as I said earlier today, him not voting is NAI. unfortunately I don’t think I can articulate this any better :/ my method of reading SS is like, 95% gut. this doesn’t feel like town!SS to me. I can attempt to say which posts made me think that and why but most of the time it’s not going to make sense to anyone else.

This is the last time (!) lilith mentions s_s in a substantial way in her ISO. Notably, when she gives a list of scumreads later:
In post 2837, lilith2013 wrote:okay I’m probably not going to have enough brain energy for efforting before the day ends. tldr on scumreads:

infinity - I don’t think he really interacted with either elimination wagon, and was townreading TGP but as far as I can tell didn’t really try to divert that wagon away; if mena was the N1 kill, then I think infinity is one of the players with the most to gain from mena dying. He’s also spent a majority of the game harping on hoopla without it going anywhere, conveniently. I think it’s possible they’re bussing given the heat hoopla was receiving on D1 for the 4s thing, which is also the thing I think infinity has been most vocal about, which leads me to hoopla. the townreading-tgp-but-not-really-trying-to-stop-wagon is mostly what I was thinking about when I jked him, I think?
hoopla - I feel like the majority of her content has been mech-based which isn’t scummy necessarily, but it’s easy to hide behind so I don’t think it’s super town-indicative. potential for bussing with infinity - made some weird vague statements about him D1 without much follow-up. I don’t really have a strong read but it makes less un-sense to me than other people
jv - on D1 jumping on everyone for anything that could be remotely shaded, and their read on peta never evolved past “peta lied about draft picks.” From what I remember, town!NM usually shows at least some sign of solving and hasn’t shown that here. again not a super strong read but I don’t really know what else makes sense.

I don’t really think dunn is scum based on his claim - I think he picked what he said he picked. When I softed, it felt like he had a very similar reaction to you (mena) when you realized you had picked the JK/tracker slot and didn’t get it. Is your issue that he came to the same conclusion that you did but at a time when he shouldn’t have had enough information to do so? Or that he seemed to accept you as the killer too quickly when he should have known it wasn’t an unequivocal guilty? I was/am treating his reaction to my soft as town because it seemed natural for town!dunn to accept my soft right away.
s_s isn't in there, despite her apparently struggling to find scumreads. And she's supposed to be good at reading s_s.

PEdit: LOL
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 5.05

Something_Smart (4)
: Infintiy 324, Best Bird, Hoopla, davesaz
Infinity 324 (1)
: Something_Smart

Not voting
: Smoke and Mirrors, Not_Mafia

Deadline: (expired on 2020-12-05 14:00:00)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- quack
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by the worst »

Something_Smart has been eliminated.

He was a...
Spoiler:
Mafia 1-shot Redirector

It is now Night Five. This phase will end in (expired on 2020-12-07 10:15:00) or earlier if I receive unanimous approval for a fast night.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:14 am

Post by the worst »

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:16 am

Post by the worst »

You all wake up to discover that no one has died.
It is now Day Six. This phase will end in (expired on 2020-12-14 22:00:00), or sooner if a majority elimination is achieved.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:17 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 6.00

Not voting
: davesaz, Best Bird, Hoopla, Smoke and Mirrors, Infinity 324, Not_Mafia

Deadline: (expired on 2020-12-14 22:00:00)

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- quack
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I targetted Hoopla but my action failed
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Best Bird »

Why did you try to use your neighborize?

Return to “Completed Open Games”