PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2320, Dunnstral wrote:But you said that I wanted Skitter eliminated
you voted gypyx AFTER I called you out on your shady lukewarm take on skitter.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2321, Ydrasse wrote:eliminating gypyx feels like a policy vote but also like, not a bad one in the absence of strong leads which is kinda :/ but eh

maybe i'm getting fucked over by my own theory about what this game is supposed to be
I was hoping I’d have some kind of read on him today and I don’t want to not have a read on him D3 and I think everyone else has the potential to become more readable than him.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2324, Infinity 324 wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:so um if you're green here

sorry dunn! :>

btw infinity can you walk me through your isis read? why's she solid town for you?
She has way more conviction than when I've seen her as scum. We mindmelded on skitter, and generally her thought processes have made a lot of sense to me whereas a lot of times scum!isis feels like she's coming out of left field.
I agree with this. Maybe I’m just one of those players you have absolutely no clue how to read?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Maybe, I'm also less comfortable townbinning you since I haven't played with you before. The fact that everyone looks town is definitely complicating things as well.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2328, Infinity 324 wrote:Maybe, I'm also less comfortable townbinning you since I haven't played with you before. The fact that everyone looks town is definitely complicating things as well.
You spectated Death Curse.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Playing is different from spectating, also you were more obvtown there imo.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2326, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 2321, Ydrasse wrote:eliminating gypyx feels like a policy vote but also like, not a bad one in the absence of strong leads which is kinda :/ but eh

maybe i'm getting fucked over by my own theory about what this game is supposed to be
I was hoping I’d have some kind of read on him today and I don’t want to not have a read on him D3 and I think everyone else has the potential to become more readable than him.
yeah basically :/ i feel bad but it's like... what else is there to do fmpov
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2330, Infinity 324 wrote:Playing is different from spectating, also you were more obvtown there imo.
Hard disagree since it seems everyone but you can see it but there were many extremely scummy players in that game, most of them were actually scum.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2163, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 2064, Isis wrote:I share an emotional impulse to hop off Hopkirk but I don't think appeal to fear is a great reason on its own to falter on something.
Why did you hop on in the first place? Looking through your trajectory your post-flip behavior feels at odds with your reads beforehand. Especially the lack of follow up on the things you said you would want to follow up on - like Infinity's read on TGP that you said you absolutely wanted to look at post flip, but i don't think you've mentioned infinity. Then your view on the game in terms of reads has flipped at some point without a clear explination. What's your view of the gamestate right now?
I've been reading Infinity's posts with a critical eye and when he interacts with anyone who's not TGP everything he says makes sense to me.
More importantly, when I see a player townslip, and no one wants to talk about it or talk about why no one wants to talk about it, I.. do not want to eliminate that player. I didn't beat that drum harder and force people to engage with it because I thought I'd get more out of it not doing so. For example, this post you are currently making saying you "don't think I've mentioned Infinity" is scum indicative because that means it wasn't memorable for you because you didn't get it/already knew he was town, etc.

I hopped on in the first place because your snark about the town' productivity and activity pattern is really pinging me indignant scum, and when the wagon falls apart based only on that attitude, it only feels like playing into your hand.

I'll give more view of the gamestate when I'm done catching up, in case it changes, but as of this post I feel like we should be eliminating in the "doesn't really feel like they're here and is kind of scummy when they are here" group, which is you and Ydrasse.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2163, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 2064, Isis wrote:I share an emotional impulse to hop off Hopkirk but I don't think appeal to fear is a great reason on its own to falter on something.
Why did you hop on in the first place? Looking through your trajectory your post-flip behavior feels at odds with your reads beforehand. Especially the lack of follow up on the things you said you would want to follow up on - like Infinity's read on TGP that you said you absolutely wanted to look at post flip, but i don't think you've mentioned infinity. Then your view on the game in terms of reads has flipped at some point without a clear explination. What's your view of the gamestate right now?
I like this post itself a lot better than most of your posts in general though btwftr
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Isis »

Ok, I'm caught up.

->it's not my birthday for another 3 hours
->Flea townspewed like 9 more times and it's an aggravating aggregation of gravy at this point
->I don't wanna do Gypyx. Gypyx rolled scum in what I think is his first scumgame in mystyry box of silver: special isis idition, and in that game he was very lurky noncommital early on. Then it started to be a bad thing. Then he started playing more proactive and pushed someone after getting coached and everyone started townreading him and he won.
Being lurky and noncommital as scum matches as a personality/predisposition thing, but failing to do that-thing-that-worked-out-last-time here is pretty weird here. It could be a case of, in the words of the beloved Blake Belladonna, "Bitmap is scum this game. He is identifying the things he needs to do. Then he is not doing them." But the fact that that quote so dear to my heart is actually a case of town scumcasing town is the reason it's more of a second likeliest explanation.

After reading the rest of the game I still want Hopkirk. The rest of the pages of the game are full of other people, townier than him, identifying players in the game they don't plan on voting ever or for a long, long time. Even skidder. Even Ydrasse. Hopkirk is playing this game with the flexibility to vote literally anyone and although Infinity also reconsiders and socratic methodifies people it's much more genuine.
"Well, I..."
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Happy Pre-Birthday btw

Can you explain how he’s playing differently here than in Death Curse? That would help me a lot.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Isis »

i didn't spectate past my rep-out in Death Curse. So to some extent I couldn't tell you. I was in the dead PT for the memes.

Comparing a midgame to an early game would be flawed.
"Well, I..."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

bleh ydrasse was actually kinda townie upon responding to that burgdeoning wagon
back to hopkirk we go

VOTE: hopkirk
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

If he’s scum, any idea who with?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

honestly this gamestate is so bizarre that my answer is: absolutely no idea
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2340, skitter30 wrote:honestly this gamestate is so bizarre that my answer is: absolutely no idea
I just ISO’d him and there was some odd associatives with MT but her ISO sounds townie so don’t know.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Spoiler:
In post 12, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 7, lendunistus wrote:
Votecount 1.0

[1] skitter30:
Isis

[12] Not Voting:
Flea The Magician, Ydrasse, Infinity 324, Gloria Cleary, Morning Tweet, TheGoldenParadox, PookyTheMagicalBear, skitter30, team rocket queen, Gypyx, Tayl0r Swift, Hopkirk

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-29 09:11:15).

screw you hectic these VC’s are all mine
That's a real Flavour Leaf of a George Bailey you've got going there.
In post 10, Morning Tweet wrote:hi Isis hi Ydrasse hi Golden hi skitts hi Tayl0r and hi again Hopkirk!

VOTE: Pooky

Pooookyyyyyyyyy ily
Wow if you were a newbie this would be incredibly scummy. Since you're not then I'll have to give you a solid 'Hi' and sheep you for it.

VOTE: Pooky
In post 15, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 13, Morning Tweet wrote:hectic and I have been over the greeting tell thing in the past. 2 cancel each other out and I committed...

ah! an even 6.
Ok... but if you greet anyone else then I'm going to stop sheeping you.
In post 14, team rocket queen wrote:hi morning tweet!

hello friends!

i am a vanilla town.
Woah, pretty passive agressive to greet MT separately to greeting 'friends'.
Howdy and hello. How's it feel to know Morning Tweet probably already has you as locktown at this point?
In post 21, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 17, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 15, Hopkirk wrote:Woah, pretty passive agressive to greet MT separately to greeting 'friends'.
Howdy and hello. How's it feel to know Morning Tweet probably already has you as locktown at this point?
hello. i am not sure if you would count my ever so brief appearance in matrix decipher as having met before. morning tweet and i have met before, however! and i was left off of the 'hi' list, so
Ooh, are you the person we never got a chance to play with? I heard and said a lot of good things about you.

@MT- You've got a read on TRQ at this point right?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Those sound kinda anti-associative to me tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2343, skitter30 wrote:Those sound kinda anti-associative to me tbh
Well her ISO sounds pretty townie. Idk
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I think we should concentrate on finding *a scum* before focusing on their partners imo
Show
Hiatus once more.

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2188, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2174, Hopkirk wrote:I don't really get that sense from your posting before this point? What's got you lost? I'm worried you're just lost to blend in, because it doesn't feel like you've got 'too many townreads' like a lot of people are concerned about. If there's doubts I don't get them from what you're posting.
The game is unfun when a significant portion of the game stop posting after 1 mis-elim. the energy feels very down and its not fun.

I have people I want to elim, but everyone's like "nah Pooky those people are town" so now I'm sitting here and they want to elim Skitter/Hopkirk and I do not like either of those elims and feel they are town. So I'm not sure what to do here.

If I was scum I'd just make up a reason to want to vote Hop or Skitter or w/e but I'm town and I think you're both town and it's not really a great place to be in.
Can you explain why you think Hopkirk is town?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:21 pm

part of it is a game-state read and the other part is that I am reading his frustration with the game as real.

His method of play is very similar to matrix decipher where we were both town and he basically just kept growing his townblock.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 2345, skitter30 wrote:I think we should concentrate on finding *a scum* before focusing on their partners imo
I liked his posting today but he sounds a bit stiffer than he did in DC especially earlier but idk. I want to understand Pooky’s confidence in Hopkirk town.

Definitely don’t want Ydrasse. I’ve had strong town gutpings on them.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:25 pm

I am not that confident.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”