2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Its basically a question of does t-bone win or not. If he does he will push fish out. If he does not, the playoffs teams won't change just the seeding order.

Its looking like I will have highest overall points this week in our league and I will get effectively nothing new out of it.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

If projections hold then it will be Joe vs rob with winner playing me. And Reck vs T-bone with winner playing Nero. Not sure who would win in Joe vs Rob. I think Reck would beat T-bone

If I were to bench my monday players now I would lose and it would be Joe vs t-bone with winner getting me. And Bellhops vs Reck with winner getting Nero. I kinda feel like t-bone has the weakest team in the playoffs so this should lead to Joe vs Me and Nero vs ? for round 2 of the playoffs.

I could throw at this point, but I don't think that gains me anything. Nero could still beat Joe since he has players that play tuesday. I think the only way I'd gain something would be if I played winner of Reck vs T-bone since I beat Reck twice during the year and feel t-bone has weakest team. Since I can't guarantee Rob and Joe are seeds 4 and 5, guess I will keep doing what I am already doing. More honorable not to throw anyway
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 576, PokerFace wrote:More honorable not to throw anyway
^
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

my Monday and Tuesday games are both very tough and I could see both Dallas and football team getting blown out. That might mean a positive game script for WRs but if that could also means that the pass game isn't working b/c they are getting blown out! :/ Hopefully Mahomes keeps passing it to Kelce and not Hill and the Broncos score a few more times. This game is about bragging rights.

#1seed
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

I, on the other hand, have far fewer compunctions and will not feel particularly bad if Allen and Diggs get knocked out early due to injuries :V
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 579, Kilgamayan wrote:I, on the other hand, have far fewer compunctions and will not feel particularly bad if Allen and Diggs get knocked out early due to injuries :V
You shut your mouth #billsmafia
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 578, Nero Cain wrote:my Monday and Tuesday games are both very tough and I could see both Dallas and football team getting blown out. That might mean a positive game script for WRs but if that could also means that the pass game isn't working b/c they are getting blown out! :/ Hopefully Mahomes keeps passing it to Kelce and not Hill and the Broncos score a few more times. This game is about bragging rights.

#1seed
That touchdown to Hill that wasn't called could prove to be very costly for me...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I started Hines over Harris because of Houston's defense. The 2 of them got virtually same points so no big deal here. I started Allen over Herbert because patriots got history of destroying rookie qbs. Seems I was right to avoid Herbert. I am not a bills fan, but figured Allen and Diggs would be good this year so am glad I drafted them and went for the double points when they hook up.

Jones and Davis both went off this week. Why couldn't they do that last week when I needed better wr play? I could have already won this week subbing in one of them for hopkins, but I should still win anyway
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 580, Groose Caboose wrote:
In post 579, Kilgamayan wrote:I, on the other hand, have far fewer compunctions and will not feel particularly bad if Allen and Diggs get knocked out early due to injuries :V
You shut your mouth #billsmafia
I would be totally okay if the Bills still won and the two of them returned next week!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think Bills beat 49ers without Allen.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If I beat Joe and Poker beats Rob that means Bone and Reck (since they are both winning) will be 3rd and 4th seeds and Rob and Joe will be 5th and 6th seeds @ 6-7.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 585, Nero Cain wrote:If I beat Joe and Poker beats Rob that means Bone and Reck (since they are both winning) will be 3rd and 4th seeds and Rob and Joe will be 5th and 6th seeds @ 6-7.
So reck would be 3, bone would be 4, joe would be 5 and rob would be 6...

That would mean you would play either Joe or bone and you beat both of them during the year.

And I would play Reck or Rob and I would have beaten them whenever I played them during the year.

This sounds pretty good to me. Let's win Nero! Let's do it!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

maybe I should tank so Joe will still be #3 and I'll face the winner of Rob vs. Bone/Reck instead of the winner of Rob/Joe.

joking....mostly

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Nero Cain wrote:maybe I should tank so Joe will still be #3 and I'll face the winner of Rob vs. Bone/Reck instead of the winner of Rob/Joe.

joking....mostly
You won't get rob or joe. You will get bone or joe as I outlined. And that would be good for you. And I would get Reck or rob. Also good!

Let's be the top seeds we should be and win, Nero. Let's get what benefits us both!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol Hill just CANNOT score.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am quite glad Locke was cleared to play. Den vs KC is actually being entertaining. I am okay with it being on my TV
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think you are wrong.

Nero
Poker
Reck
Bone
Joe
Rob

^
should be the standings after this week if we, bone and Reck win.

Reck and Bone would face each other and Joe and Rob would face each other.

You'd get the winner of Reck/Bone and I'd get the winner of Joe/Rob. Assuming Reck and Joe win I'd go on to face Joe and you'd face Reck.

IF
I lost this week then

Nero
Poker
Joe
Reck
Bone
Rob

Joe would face Reck and Bone would face Rob and you'd get the winner of Joe/Reck and I'd get the winner of Bone/Rob.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I prob face one of Joe/Rob in week 15 regardless but it's just a little scary facing Joe in case Cook/Hill go ham.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Huh? I thought 3 played 6 and 4 played 5. Yahoo doesn't reseed. So how does 3 play 4 and 5 play 6 as you suggest?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

You can turn on reseeding and I did b/c isn't that what we are supposed to do? I think you are right afterall.

Reck would play Rob

and Joe would play Bone.

You'd get the winner of Joe/Bone and I get the winner of Reck/Rob

ok...idk what i was thinking/doing earlier lol

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

or forget I said anything. FFS.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay if there is reseeding then I'd be locked into playing Reck if he wins or I'd play whoever was higher of who won. I am fine with playing Reck 3 times a year if it happens.

If there is reseeding you would be locked into playing the 6th seed if it won or you'd play lowest seed of those remaining.

Allowing reseeding makes it less likely we can try to use this week to effect who we play in week 15. If its on I am absolutely keeping doing what I am doing. And if its off, I am keeping doing what I am already doing too
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Which is more fair? to have to reseed or not?

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Not sure. I guess its more fair to have reseeding since that's how the nfl works.

I didn't know yahoo had a reseed feature. When did you turn it on? Has it always been on? You should do whatever is the default or whatever we did last time we had 6 in playoffs though I honestly don't remember if we did reseed or not last time.

If reseeding is enabled then all our talking about should we win or lose matters less than it did before. Reseeding means we have way less control over who we play so playing to best our ability is only way to go as its more fair and who really ever "wants" to lose?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i turned on reseeding last night. It just sounds like it would be the most fair thing and thats why I did it. But maybe it's more just like a personal choice and one isn't more fair than the other. idk.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”