Mini Normal 2183 | Innocent Things | Game Over!

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m also inclined to think that nopointinactingup is likely Town based purely on the fact that nobody jumped to their defense really. Fuzzy piled on in to defend Dunnstral, and most others ignored the interaction for the most part. Flavor Leaf decided it was more important to make things about himself, so I don’t know what to make of that yet. Will keep reading.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Andre
Interesting theory

Kind of waiting JF to make an appearance and defend his 180 turn on Flvor and unto Andre.....

Except for that I have nothing to say at the moment,
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:39 pm

In post 143, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:
In post 136, nopointinactingup wrote:
In post 134, Dunnstral wrote:83 is an implied read, I'm not sure how you see it as a slip instead
There is a real fine line between making implied reads and subconsciously blurting out prior knowledge.

yeah last game I said someone was in town..... I meant to make it sound like a town read . I am not sure if that what happening here but I think it something I need to keep my eyes on

Dunnstral - why do you think that Shlly is town as you gave zero indication why you have that read

@ FL- how can you tell. Doing a little more of nothing still gets you nothing. Anways Not Mafia is giving all indication of his town game. He did this last game as town and in the other game I saw where he is town.

We should prob sort FL and Titus. Both are good players and can be dangerous if they are scum. Just my humble opinion
huh..how am I defending Dun...... I am confused as I did not attack or defend Dun but was trying clarify the motivation for their actions.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

The support for the flavor wagon disappeared (flavor was the support)
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 187, shellyc wrote:This feels like a town!andres game

I get an intentionally passive vibe from FL atm
I don’t know what to make of Flavor here yet, but I expect Flavor’s intensity and analysis to pick up later this game. For now I’m null on the slot, but I will say that Flavor admitting that certain posts are performative, and generally not committing to any read doesn’t strike me as Scum!Flavor. Just food for thought.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 250, Andresvmb wrote:I’m also inclined to think that nopointinactingup is likely Town based purely on the fact that nobody jumped to their defense really. Fuzzy piled on in to defend Dunnstral, and most others ignored the interaction for the most part. Flavor Leaf decided it was more important to make things about himself, so I don’t know what to make of that yet. Will keep reading.
This is a bad reason to townread them
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:42 pm

@Big John Farrar
so you jumped off the wagon because it lost momentum?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 255, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 250, Andresvmb wrote:I’m also inclined to think that nopointinactingup is likely Town based purely on the fact that nobody jumped to their defense really. Fuzzy piled on in to defend Dunnstral, and most others ignored the interaction for the most part. Flavor Leaf decided it was more important to make things about himself, so I don’t know what to make of that yet. Will keep reading.
I literally wrote that I have them as Null. Did you miss that?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 257, Andresvmb wrote:
Oops, I thought you were talking about my read of Flavor. Nvm, carry on.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:53 pm

In post 258, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 257, Andresvmb wrote:
Oops, I thought you were talking about my read of Flavor. Nvm, carry on.
hmmmm.....
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I should have clarified but yes, I meant nopointinactingup
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 249, Andresvmb wrote:but I’ve yet to be able to identify Scum D1 on this forum,

I understand your reasons extrapolated in the rest of your post but I'm not sure why you included this in your thought process
Stop
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 260, Dunnstral wrote:I should have clarified but yes, I meant nopointinactingup
To be honest, I didn’t express an actual read. I simply pointed to how I was perceiving the game state given my admittedly whacky theory about unwnd. There’s a few other things I caught about unwnd if you don’t mind - like their stance on Flavor’s self vote. In my head, the posts around it seem to have been put forth for the sake of appearing Town. Flavor had what, two votes including their own at the time? Three at most? I’ve made the same specific argument but to a player I was TR’ing who was about to get executed (actually, it was the Mod funny enough). But to a player this early in the game with only a few votes? Particularly since it was obviously some sort of attempt to make something happen? I just thought it was a bit superfluous. Does anybody really believe that Flavor needs to be told that self-voting is not the best way to identify Scum?

Anyway, I’m being nit-picky. Shellyc also posted that unwnd’s read on Dunn was a bit wishy washy. I agree. So maybe I’m not totally off-base?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:09 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 261, unwnd wrote:
In post 249, Andresvmb wrote:but I’ve yet to be able to identify Scum D1 on this forum,

I understand your reasons extrapolated in the rest of your post but I'm not sure why you included this in your thought process
It’s important that I say that because I want to be challenged on my reads. I am decent at figuring out what the Scum have been angling towards later in the game (I would argue it’s my greatest strength). But my ability to identify Scum early in the game is just not great. So take my views with a grain of salt.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

You're here and that's cool

Flavor knows better to self-vote, he's supposed to be experienced. If you want to argue if anyone was being superfluous it was Flavor, and frankly I'm not gonna sit and entertain and neither should you. Unfortunately, Flavor has a huge ego. I know you're not probably not aware of it but it is always bordering anti-town, and usually when I find myself in conversations with him they end up with me leaving them empty, at least in the aspect of how he treats the game. Right now Flavor has sat here and said 'i tried to get the game started' but like I predicted nobody nibbled and now I've been left with an empty thought on what it all meant, so feel free to give your perspective Anders
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 263, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 261, unwnd wrote:

It’s important that I say that because I want to be challenged on my reads. I am decent at figuring out what the Scum have been angling towards later in the game (I would argue it’s my greatest strength). But my ability to identify Scum early in the game is just not great. So take my views with a grain of salt.
I take anything posted here at face value until challenged otherwise, and I'm not exactly someone who believes you have to have pin-point accuracy in order to be a boon to town. So far, you've posted the most volume in terms of actual things I can latch onto, and there's a bit of dissonance I'm feeling because it seems like the way you interpret things by just throwing them out there feels similarly to how I do things
Stop
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 264, unwnd wrote:You're here and that's cool

Flavor knows better to self-vote, he's supposed to be experienced. If you want to argue if anyone was being superfluous it was Flavor, and frankly I'm not gonna sit and entertain and neither should you. Unfortunately, Flavor has a huge ego. I know you're not probably not aware of it but it is always bordering anti-town, and usually when I find myself in conversations with him they end up with me leaving them empty, at least in the aspect of how he treats the game. Right now Flavor has sat here and said 'i tried to get the game started' but like I predicted nobody nibbled and now I've been left with an empty thought on what it all meant, so feel free to give your perspective Anders
Oh I’ve played with Flavor enough times to have a sense for the player that he is. But you know, Flavor is a far better Scum player than he is Town. It’s why they have a Scum guide and not a Town guide on their signature. So in a way, him not putting much effort into this game doesn’t immediately make the alarms in my head go off. If I spot anything I’ll put it out there, but for now, I’m not seeing Flavor Scum. Of course, Flavor doesn’t deserve to be TR after mostly talking about themselves. I was just saying - I mostly ignored the self-vote as a vanity play and moved on. I think you should too.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by unwnd »

Giving players like Flavor no accountability allows to run amuck and do whatever the fuck he wants. I don't care if he's Don Corgi and I didn't care in the last game I played with him, his actions have to prove to me otherwise he's going to beneficial to town wincon
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

When it comes to nopoint, I'm not sure where you got that I was instigating an attack because Nopoint was the one who came at dunn in the first place

I'm not dunn's knight in shining armor though, I just felt the approach was baseless and I find if someone is heated about something it usually comes from one or two schools of thought

1) They are doing it intentionally in order to base a read on a player by means of reaction
2) They are replicating behavior they think is synonymous with town by seeming ilke they care a lot about this (thing)

In the instance of Nopoint, I leaned on the second and honestly I feel even stronger on that second point because he is simply not here and didn't seem to care enough in the first place lol
Stop
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 267, unwnd wrote:Giving players like Flavor no accountability allows to run amuck and do whatever the fuck he wants. I don't care if he's Don Corgi and I didn't care in the last game I played with him, his actions have to prove to me otherwise he's going to beneficial to town wincon
Yeah I agree Flavor needs to prove he’s Town. Of course. He has yet to do anything crazy though.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I mean, I appreciated it

Right now I think both nopoint and Flavor are suspicious, I was waiting to see what else nopoint had to say but they seem to have vacated the thread which looks kind of scummy here
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by unwnd »

Yes Flavor came back in and said 'welp I tried' even when I told him that no one would fall for

Whatever he was doing
Stop
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@unwnd, ah but my point was not that you were instigating an attack. I made a strategic observation about what you could be doing as Scum. IF (admittedly a decently big if, but I would lean positive on their aggressive attitudes) Dunn and nopoint are both Town, then what you did would make a lot of sense as Scum. You chose a side despite the fact that you don’t particularly TR one side of the argument (you claimed to have done it for a friend, but that just seems like a potential pocket attempt to me), which sets you well for the next few days. If the fight continues (say, because you believe Dunn is stubborn), and we end up in a situation where one of them flips, you get to hide behind the person actually driving the attack. It happens often enough around these parts that I simply had to point it out.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 272, Andresvmb wrote:@unwnd, ah but my point was not that you were instigating an attack. I made a strategic observation about what you could be doing as Scum. IF (admittedly a decently big if, but I would lean positive on their aggressive attitudes) Dunn and nopoint are both Town, then what you did would make a lot of sense as Scum. You chose a side despite the fact that you don’t particularly TR one side of the argument (you claimed to have done it for a friend, but that just seems like a potential pocket attempt to me), which sets you well for the next few days. If the fight continues (say, because you believe Dunn is stubborn), and we end up in a situation where one of them flips, you get to hide behind the person actually driving the attack. It happens often enough around these parts that I simply had to point it out.
I don't think that hard about engagements like that, when it comes to my scum game it's just a lot of hollow words that look nice on the thread but lead to nothing

Rest assured, this is not the case
Stop
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@Unwnd I didn’t think it took a whole lot of sophisticated thinking to jump in there though.

Would you describe yourself as an experienced player?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”