PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf (Game Over)

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1576, MURDERCAT wrote:How are you quoting posts without catching up? Are you reading and not posting?
Pretty damn self-evidently: yes.

He has been since the get-go, he's just been pretending otherwise.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1595, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 1552, Dr Easy Bake wrote:I don’t do that on D1, I’ll vote here.
VOTE: Ircher
This can die ASAP
Oh yeah I missed this.

Willing to say now that Spiffeh could indeed be town. :P
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1024, pichu wrote:what if this is a bastard game and flavor leaf is the town stump and pooky is actually a soul scum mason
anyway your turn to pick
(Honestly, with Pooky doubling-down on the lim pool of 4 when we still have a week left in Day 1, it sure feels like this is the case.)
In post 1039, pichu wrote:>hello everyone ^^
>i'm just gonna spam the thread and make it unreadable lolol
I can imagine this is actually a scum strategy this game. And to be quite honest, it is working well.
In post 1102, pichu wrote:record mentioning she dislikes playing scum a lot
so if Flavor Leaf did any research he's not picking her most of the time
This isn't in any way indicative of town!Ydrasse. It is the very essence of a WIFOM argument.

In post 1102, pichu wrote:there's a genuineness and SOULvibe to it which would be hard to fake as scum
also she fluffs less and it feels more stilted when she's scum
Noted, but I'm not convinced.
In post 1109, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1108, Not Known 15 wrote:This isn't a red flag?
No, but since nobody thinks they're town, let's get them out of here
Eh, I think Not Known 15 raises a good point. Scum are rather incentivized to attempt to protect their buddies, and while distancing might be common, there's generally at least one buddy who will help you out. A consensus scumread on a player is a sign that that player may actually be town.

In post 1116, Creature wrote:
In post 1107, Dunnstral wrote:it's harder to read/engage with because Ydrasse, Pichu, Double the Trouble, Polar Bear Express, and Pooky are all posting low quality content
I agree, especially Ydrasse, pichu and Polar Bear Express.
In post 1117, Creature wrote:Maybe FL told them to post cringey content to minimize everyone else's will to play?
Sadly, it's very unlikely all three of them are scum.

In post 1125, mastina wrote:This is an INCREDIBLY bad take from Creature and I am inclined to think that such a horrendously bad series of posts from Creature is strongly indicative of him being scum.
(In reference to .) How so? From my perspective, it's a pretty accurate assessment. They are 1) posting a lot 2) not posting stuff that helps drive the game forward and 3) generally making it difficult for people who are behind to catch up by the sheer volume of posts. Also, Creature didn't really assign an alignment to any of the named slots; he suggested it may be a possible scum strategy, but that's a fair assessment. Finally, you don't seem to take issue with Dunnstral's comment. What makes Creature's comment worse than the comment of Dunnstral's that Creature quoted in his post?
In post 1131, Polar Bear Express wrote:Pichu and Ydrasse have content. some dumb dumbs just can't see it -__-
Sure, they both have content, probably more so Pichu than Ydrasse, but it's buried under all the fluff. So, when people go read their posts, they have a tendency to skim past posts because of the fluff, and they miss the little amount of content that is intermixed with the fluff.

At bottom of page 46.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1612, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:@Those on the Ircher/Trouble/BM wagons: What's the best reason you want to elim the person you are voting for?
It's hard to be sure when it comes to BM as there's a multitude of reasons he is by far the best option in the pool of four, but perhaps the strongest overall would be:

Battle Mage is caught in a lie, for having made multiple claims that, with a little research, can be easily proven to be false.
In post 1612, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Who would you like to add to the POE-4 if we do a rotation? Who would you like to remove? State a reason(1 submission each)
Add: one of {MURDERCAT, Creature}, probably. (I know you said 1 submission, but I can't choose which of them is better).
Remove: one of {Dunnstral, Double the Trouble} (ditto; I know you said 1 submission but because my townreads are equal on both I can't choose which to remove since I'd prefer them both removed).

Creature's content more recently is better, but overall he looks like he's scum this game in attitude and approach.
MURDERCAT's an active lurker who is contributing almost nothing, something that makes them a suspect.

Dunnstral radiates an aura of towniness and is taking an approach I find hard to be from scum.
Norwegian and Alisae have both, individually, towntold pretty hard, demonstrating townness radiating from them.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1614, Double the Trouble wrote:Battle Mage - If he's softing a PR then I don't really care about poking this tree right now. I feel like I just feel like there are more productive things to do?
In post 1641, Double the Trouble wrote:I agree with all you say regarding Battle Mage. And i think that’s the better vote over Ircher because all of my meta experience with BM tells me something isn’t right. This is not their towngame.
VOTE: Battle Mage

- Norwee
:shifty:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

lim-3
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1625, Double the Trouble wrote:Like the biggest thing that both me and norwee agree on is that town!dunn has no agenda. But this dunnstral very clearly has an agenda and is trying to push it. ESPECIALLY when all I'm asking for them is to justify their read and they refuse to engage with me.
I am very strongly of the opinion that you-Dunn is town-town. :?
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Double the Trouble »

In post 1656, mastina wrote:
In post 1625, Double the Trouble wrote:Like the biggest thing that both me and norwee agree on is that town!dunn has no agenda. But this dunnstral very clearly has an agenda and is trying to push it. ESPECIALLY when all I'm asking for them is to justify their read and they refuse to engage with me.
let's talk about it, maybe you can ease me up to it
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1637, Spiffeh wrote:I just played a game with Dunnstral where he was town and had an agenda
I think you're being a little tunnelly and OMGUS-y here
(which makes me think you're more likely to be town btw)
I agree with this, and, overall, think it means Spiffeh is probably town here, albeit with a healthy dosage of paranoia.

PookyTheMagicalBear
Netflix and Chill
Dunnstral
Toogaloo
pichu
Double The Trouble

Bell
Ydrasse
Polar Bear Express

Solstice

Spiffeh

NotKnown15
MURDERCAT

Ircher
Dr Easy Bake

Creature

Battle Mage
Flavor Leaf

This is loosely where I am at.

Conftown, strong-town, weak-town, town-with-healthy-paranoia, possible-scum, lean-scum, scumread, confscum. (Yes, confscum; I am that sure Battle Mage is scum here.)
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:44 pm

i just got back from taking a huge hit i m ight be still kinda high but im sober enough to play LETS GOOOOOOO

btw mastina I really like your battle mage push, ur doing a good job of selling me on him.
It kinda just hit me when I saw his title that he probably would literally just soft some random PR as scum.
I think it requires a bit more of an, aggressive tough tho.
I endorse it regardless and I will show you my support
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:45 pm

In post 1654, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1614, Double the Trouble wrote:Battle Mage - If he's softing a PR then I don't really care about poking this tree right now. I feel like I just feel like there are more productive things to do?
In post 1641, Double the Trouble wrote:I agree with all you say regarding Battle Mage. And i think that’s the better vote over Ircher because all of my meta experience with BM tells me something isn’t right. This is not their towngame.

- Norwee
:shifty:
norwee has more experience then battle mage than I do.
It was foolish of me to not believe in him.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1652, Ircher wrote:
In post 1125, mastina wrote:This is an INCREDIBLY bad take from Creature and I am inclined to think that such a horrendously bad series of posts from Creature is strongly indicative of him being scum.
(In reference to .) How so? From my perspective, it's a pretty accurate assessment. They are 1) posting a lot 2) not posting stuff that helps drive the game forward and 3) generally making it difficult for people who are behind to catch up by the sheer volume of posts. Also, Creature didn't really assign an alignment to any of the named slots; he suggested it may be a possible scum strategy, but that's a fair assessment. Finally, you don't seem to take issue with Dunnstral's comment. What makes Creature's comment worse than the comment of Dunnstral's that Creature quoted in his post?
Both of these have much the same answer: different players with different playstyles.
I would expect Dunnstral to make the post he did and it not be a scum indicator for him.
I would expect Creature to be hard-disagreeing with Dunnstral if he were town especially given he himself is among the slots that were guilty of the thing Dunnstral was complaining about.
I said it was an incredibly bad take from
Creature
--not an incredibly bad take in general. An incredibly bad take specific to him, because Creature should be among the players who is fine with the fluff especially as he himself produces it.

Not complaining about it, especially when at least one of the slots he mentioned (pichu) made some incredibly good content that was impossible to make without the fluff, and the take was incredibly unfair towards him as he HAS been pretty damn content-filled in his posts beyond the fluffier Ydrasse engagement (which counts as sorting Ydrasse so is fluff with a purpose).

Basically, Dunnstral complaining? Not remarkable, not scum-indicative.

Creature complaining?

He should, of ALL the players in the game, be the one LEAST likely to have done so as his own style is similar to the one pichu was showing.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1657, Double the Trouble wrote:
I feel like if you were outside of the two of you, it'd be more obvious as textbook townvtown and that if it were me vs Dunnstral, for instance, with Dunnstral doing to me what he's doing to you and me doing to Dunnstral what he's doing to you, you in particular Ali would be the first to call it TvT and be frustrated at how stubbornness, ego, tunneling, with a side of omgusing, caused a very loud large tvt fight.

Beyond that as a description.

All I can offer you up is that I feel Dunnstral looks town overall. His fight with you is bad, but that can also be said of your fight with him. He's shown himself to still be scumhunting elsewhere and to have solid thoughts and pushes, and with the amount of reasoning I'd expect from him.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Just won my 3rd scum game in a 2 week span, how confident you guys feeling here?

I'm on a roll, baby. 5 game win streak.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think I might have tied my scum record from 2019. I'll do a check for you all sometime in the next couple days. I'm exhausted from that last game.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:56 pm

In post 1658, mastina wrote:Solstice

Spiffeh
wha
whats going on here?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1663, Flavor Leaf wrote:Just won my 3rd scum game in a 2 week span, how confident you guys feeling here?
Speaking of which.

Hey, guess who reviewed that game? (That would be me.)

Guess who was reading that game with spectator access and spoilers? (That would be me.)

Guess which game, once it is officially announced as over (I've gotten chastised by listmods for linking to games that I know are over but the mod hasn't officially announced them being over), I can use to prove that Battle Mage this game is a fucking liar?
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:00 pm

In post 1662, mastina wrote:
In post 1657, Double the Trouble wrote:
I feel like if you were outside of the two of you, it'd be more obvious as textbook townvtown and that if it were me vs Dunnstral, for instance, with Dunnstral doing to me what he's doing to you and me doing to Dunnstral what he's doing to you, you in particular Ali would be the first to call it TvT and be frustrated at how stubbornness, ego, tunneling, with a side of omgusing, caused a very loud large tvt fight.

Beyond that as a description.

All I can offer you up is that I feel Dunnstral looks town overall. His fight with you is bad, but that can also be said of your fight with him. He's shown himself to still be scumhunting elsewhere and to have solid thoughts and pushes, and with the amount of reasoning I'd expect from him.
ok mastina
i'll trust you
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:01 pm

i guess i am argueing like a child
i tend to be wrong when that happens
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1665, Double the Trouble wrote:
In post 1658, mastina wrote:Solstice

Spiffeh
wha
whats going on here?
I think that Spiffeh's more recent content is in fact town-indicative for him overall. The pushes he's making are mostly good and have reasonable logic to them.

His earlier pushes, including on Solstice, were questionable, but I think he's shown a town mindset overall.

I happen to think his scumread on Solstice is wrong, because I think that, overall, this is probably Mistygirl's towngame and Morning Tweet has also produced some better content.

Both reads I admit are not infallible, but at least on D1 I feel like it's definitely fine to call them both conditionally-town.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:06 pm

mistygirl is what I called mistyx as a nickname.
I'm not sure that was clear but it should be cuz it feels awkward seeing you use the nickname i came up with for them.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:07 pm

mastina how do you feel about Pichu's read on Solstice? Pichu is good at reading them. Pooky already outed that Pichu is hectic
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:08 pm

In post 1668, Double the Trouble wrote:i guess i am argueing like a child
i tend to be wrong when that happens
though to be sure
@Pooky
- how do you feel about me v dunnstral?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1666, mastina wrote:
In post 1663, Flavor Leaf wrote:Just won my 3rd scum game in a 2 week span, how confident you guys feeling here?
Speaking of which.

Hey, guess who reviewed that game? (That would be me.)

Guess who was reading that game with spectator access and spoilers? (That would be me.)

Guess which game, once it is officially announced as over (I've gotten chastised by listmods for linking to games that I know are over but the mod hasn't officially announced them being over), I can use to prove that Battle Mage this game is a fucking liar?

I did zero links, and TGP was setting up a lock. I PM mods.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I want town to want this victory so bad

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”