Mini Normal 2183 | Innocent Things | Game Over!

nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:24 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

In post 370, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 303, nopointinactingup wrote:I believed it then but no one else sees it so idk, they can’t all be scum
Real Scum slips in my experience are rare. Like obvious mistakes that truly reveal that you’re Scum just don’t happen all that often. Scum tend to be careful. If anything, what appear to be mistakes made by Scum can be simply differences in style or communication. We just came out of a game where a Town player was thought of being Scum for referring to themselves in the third person (and being coached into a post).

I think the evidence for a slip needs to be overwhelming, or the slip really obvious. Otherwise, it’s just not that.
Yeah that makes sense. I can kinda see now how that could be read as just stating a town-read.
In post 374, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 363, nopointinactingup wrote:unwnd is town, at least that's what I'm willing to bet on for now since with the spontaneous way he is speaking he will get found out soon if he was scum.

Johnny is looking worse so I'm going to have to take back that alliance request. I find the way johnny plays as scum is lurking and opportunism and I got a sense of it in his recent posts.

shelly is looking like she's trying to solve, but the way that she's doing it seems odd and commentary-ish. also, shelly I would like you to explain your Andres read.

I like fuzzy and vibing with a lot of what he's saying
Why are so happy to defend unwnd here? It can’t be that speaking in a spontaneous way is all you have to hang your hat on.
I've had a town-vibe on unwnd since his beginning posts and he sounds like he's engaged in figuring out the game. It's really hard to top-post as scum without posting fluff imo.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:25 am

@Andres, what do you think of my point against FL?
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:33 am

In post 368, unwnd wrote:It's MU speak, another site where mafia is played. I've done a few treks to other mafia sites and have quite the collection of knowledge. Wolf is basically Scum to them, as Village is Townie. When you're openwolfing you're doing things that are blatantly scum but you don't care because nobody will punish you for it or you've been caught
Who has FL played with in this thread? A premise for this strategy is that he needed to have played with most or all players on the thread. If he was openwolfing against a thread with people who don't know him then they are likely to lynch him anyway.
Justice will prevail
\m/
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:50 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 372, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 334, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also, Gera saying we wasted time when absolutely nobody was here is scummy.

I wish we had an active enough game where that was wasting time.
+1

It looks like trying to find an excuse to jump on your wagon if you ask me.
You've not played with me before? I will not be jumping onto any wagons.
And as people are still discussing them, I stand by my statement that a bunch of days have been wasted.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 369, Andresvmb wrote:@Flavor if you don’t intend to really play this game, then you shouldn’t be surprised that people want to see you out of it. However, I would prefer if you took some days off or something, and came back with some energy to try and solve this game. You are potentially giving cover for Scum to vote you and not face any consequences. And if you’re Scum, then sure keep acting this way and you will certainly be the target of an execution.
Day 1. I also have second most posts in this game, so I am playing this game, I’m just not gonna try hard it right now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Oh, wait. I have the most posts
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Dunn’s vote is the scummiest one on me.

Seems like he could be nervous because I called him out earlier, so wants to get rid of me while he thinks he has a chance. People started town reading me, so his vote effectively keeps momentum on me.

VOTE: Dunnstral

I’ll go here again, see what happens.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Parsley
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Titus »

Sorry. I'll try to be more productive later today.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I'll be productive after titus
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 376, nopointinactingup wrote:@Andres, what do you think of my point against FL?
Look I’ll give you my download, and you tell me what you think.

Could Flavor’s self-vote “plan” have been disingenuous - an obvious attempt at making themselves look Scummy so that they can explain away their survival later in the game, without attracting too many votes? Yes, maybe. Flavor doesn’t seem that keen on giving out reads or establishing themselves in this game, so that’s not a positive sign. It’s also a marked departure from how they’ve played Scum the last few times we’ve faced each other though, and that in a way also makes sense (it would be easy for me or others to spot I think).

Where I’m struggling is when I try to make sense of it from a strategic perspective. Flavor seems fine under pressure as Scum, but he knows that he needs allies, or Town players that are in a position to make errors. The easiest way to get significant errors is by pocketing players, or at least have others actually think you’re Town. He doesn’t seem particularly focused on even projecting Towniness here, openly admitting to not trying hard, and inviting votes. Not the most viable Scum strategy long-term is it? The other side of it is that he’s buying time, but Flavor doesn’t like to sit on the sidelines for too long. If he continues to drag his feet for too long execute him. Otherwise, I think there’s better places to look for now.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:49 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 363, nopointinactingup wrote:shelly is looking like she's trying to solve, but the way that she's doing it seems odd and commentary-ish. also, shelly I would like you to explain your Andres read.
in a skim of andres' scumgame, he seems to be passive

here the tone is more solvey and andres is putting in actual effort to do things which fits in with what I've seen of town!Him in the past
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 378, geraintm wrote:
In post 372, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 334, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also, Gera saying we wasted time when absolutely nobody was here is scummy.

I wish we had an active enough game where that was wasting time.
+1

It looks like trying to find an excuse to jump on your wagon if you ask me.
You've not played with me before? I will not be jumping onto any wagons.
And as people are still discussing them, I stand by my statement that a bunch of days have been wasted.
Maybe you won’t jump on any wagons, but I still expect you to highlight stuff you see. You put the spotlight on two Scum players last time we played on D1 and were executed for it - I went back and checked. So don’t try and pretend that you can’t make any contributions because that’s not true.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 281, Flavor Leaf wrote:When you get far past enough knowing not to self vote, you reach an area where it starts to be okay again.

Noting that I only have 2 completed games with Andres, and both of them I was scum, one off site, so that’s an interesting thing to comment on my town game that I’m slightly FoSing.
Just for fun I’ll make a comment about this. You know how I can tell that you’re a better Scum player than Town? Even if we haven’t played that much together? Because having bad reads in a game does not get you executed. People expect the performance and the arrogance. But they don’t seem to be waiting around for you to guide the Town (as Town). It’s why people remember you as a dangerous Scum player above anything else.

It doesn’t mean you’re bad Town btw. I just think it’s obvious where your strengths are.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@Johnny there’s a lot of suspicion being thrown your way. What do you make of it?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@Hank can you actually contribute instead of saying that you will?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 388, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 281, Flavor Leaf wrote:When you get far past enough knowing not to self vote, you reach an area where it starts to be okay again.

Noting that I only have 2 completed games with Andres, and both of them I was scum, one off site, so that’s an interesting thing to comment on my town game that I’m slightly FoSing.
Just for fun I’ll make a comment about this. You know how I can tell that you’re a better Scum player than Town? Even if we haven’t played that much together? Because having bad reads in a game does not get you executed. People expect the performance and the arrogance. But they don’t seem to be waiting around for you to guide the Town (as Town). It’s why people remember you as a dangerous Scum player above anything else.

It doesn’t mean you’re bad Town btw. I just think it’s obvious where your strengths are.
Eh, people used to say "if Flavor hasn't solved the game by Day 3, he's scum."

I have purposefully dumbed my early town game down so I can make it to later in the game. Few years back, I went through a phase where I got n1 killed like every single game I was in, and I hate that.

I'm just more obnoxious when I'm town, and I go after everyone, and flip reads a lot, so people don't like it.

But I will admit, my scum game, and knowledge of what scum should and shouldn't do, has stepped up over the past couple of years, so I will concede I am a better scum player than town player.

I still think I had Top 2 maybe Top 3 town year this year, I just don't have a popular town style right now.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I also went through multiple phases of rolling scum multiple times in a row and simultaneously, so I had more of an opportunity to show that side in the past few years.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think I have 6-7 strong town performances this year, where I have like 4 or 5 strong scum performances this year.

It's all about what have you done lately, though, and my scum game is being highlighted right now because of specific games that finished recently.

Hank is a newer player, Andres. Him and I joined the game after that last newbie, so it might be a bit overwhelming, or he might be busy, which is why I'm willing to give it a little bit, especially considering everyone is having issues with what to do this game.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I think I’m the obnoxious Town player type too - just not too abrasive. I tend to over complicate things though. And I have my moments but overall I know I have a lot of room for growth. But that’s for after game.

Talk to me about shellyc. I think solving shellyc really helps this game. Because I see her as Town, I do. A lot of early takes, and most eminently reasonable (and ones I largely agree with). However, I find myself worried about getting pocketed. What do you think?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 393, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think I have 6-7 strong town performances this year, where I have like 4 or 5 strong scum performances this year.

It's all about what have you done lately, though, and my scum game is being highlighted right now because of specific games that finished recently.

Hank is a newer player, Andres. Him and I joined the game after that last newbie, so it might be a bit overwhelming, or he might be busy, which is why I'm willing to give it a little bit, especially considering everyone is having issues with what to do this game.
Good to know about Hank, will keep in mind.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

She stated a town read on me when I was getting momentum, so she's town actually town reading me or scum trying to also pocket me.

I see both as possible scenarios, I'm happy to townblock her for now (i say townblock, but if you look at Ilicit Substances, I put 2 scum in my town block Day 1, then on Day 2, I called them both out as scum.)
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 384, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'll be productive after titus
You do realize this is straight up Scummy right?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I actually do think Dunnstral is the most likely to be scum right now

I called him out earlier, and I didn't like his response, and then he joined my wagon in what could have been a momentum swinging situation.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Why would scum say that just there? I'm curious. (I also haven't read since like page 10)
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”