[2] clidd (Battle Mage, Trendall)
[2] LavarManos (ben dover123, clidd)
[2] Rockhopper (Chumbo, LavarManos)
[1] Battle Mage (LoneMarkhor)
[1] ben dover123 (Lunar Martian)
[1] Chumbo (Rockhopper)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-12-12 08:30:00)
beefycheese
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by clidd »

clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by clidd »

Trendall
Ben dover
LavarManos

LoneMarkhor

Battle Mage

Chumbo

Rockhopper
Lunar
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by clidd »

VOTE: Lunar Martian
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

Oh, what did I miss.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

Why is Rock scum again? What do you think about his "Just kill me" reaction?
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 991, Trendall wrote:
In post 990, clidd wrote:so how did he know "mafia goon"? and why specifically mafia goon and not just mafia, or even town?
Because he looked at all the role descriptions before the game because he needed to do so in order to identify how the setup works and therefore how to go about playing, and the phrase 'mafia goon' is in the role descriptions.
Wait, but then he would know that doctor can't self protect?
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 996, clidd wrote:Luna + Rock is my solve.
tbh mafia goon is just a regular role that is basically said in every game multiple times, I think Lone is just plain newbie town.

Lunar I can agree with but Rock? His defeatedness just doesn't add up.

Chumbo maybe, I need to do a ISO on him to see where he has gone.

Otherwise this leaves {Lunar, Chumbo, clidd} for me, with the fact that Pragdoid put a good impression on me, Lone is just plain newbie town, Trendall is basically confirmed town at this point, and BM has + townpoints as clidd pointed out.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by clidd »

I agree on Lone.

Rock can be maf because of Mars

Chumbo is third on PoE.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by clidd »

I'm pretty confident with a Lunar elimination.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 1006, ben dover123 wrote:Wait, but then he would know that doctor can't self protect?
I keep like, writing out a post and pressing 'submit' and then it just vanishes. Need to remind myself to write these on notepad or something and copy and paste them across so I don't lose them

I can envision a scenario in which somebody looks at the roles in enough detail to know the names and have a rough idea of what they do, but not have the final mechanical details committed to memory or whatever. I also forgot the information was available in the role description and referred to the wiki instead. So I don’t think his not knowing that doctor can’t self-protect despite knowing the name ‘mafia goon’ is really an indication of anything, because I did the exact same thing. I didn’t know for definite, I had to look it up, but obviously I know the name ‘mafia goon’.
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Rockhopper »

I feel better about where my vote is.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 1010, Trendall wrote:
In post 1006, ben dover123 wrote:Wait, but then he would know that doctor can't self protect?
I keep like, writing out a post and pressing 'submit' and then it just vanishes. Need to remind myself to write these on notepad or something and copy and paste them across so I don't lose them

I can envision a scenario in which somebody looks at the roles in enough detail to know the names and have a rough idea of what they do, but not have the final mechanical details committed to memory or whatever. I also forgot the information was available in the role description and referred to the wiki instead. So I don’t think his not knowing that doctor can’t self-protect despite knowing the name ‘mafia goon’ is really an indication of anything, because I did the exact same thing. I didn’t know for definite, I had to look it up, but obviously I know the name ‘mafia goon’.
Well, as I said mafia goon is like one of the most common terms ever in forum mafia, people are bound to hear it once in a while at least.
Rockhopper wrote:I feel better about where my vote is.
Yeah, s*** happened today.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

Hm. Now that I have a PoE set I should do some interaction reading.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

I think if we need a hang right away, we go for Lunar. Last possible second we could still get a conftown out of clidd and Chumbo is still a townlean for his macro read, but Lunar is the only one that doesn't add up in that group. However, that is like the last minute emergency hang, as long as we have time on our hands I'll keep on reading up on Chumbo and clidd to see if I could possibly get a solve today.

Also, I don't think BM would openly say "clidd is scum, take coming soon" if clidd is his partner, and also I don't think they would want to take the risk of putting the first vote on clidd that would end up getting him in hammer range. I just don't think BM/clidd adds up right. It's like BM is attacking clidd but clidd is trying to get him on his side.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 1009, clidd wrote:I'm pretty confident with a Lunar elimination.
And I'm pretty confident that you aren't all that smart.

I'm pretty confident that the following people are town:
me, trendall, clidd (you aren't half as smart as you think you are), ben dover (you are very overconfident and slip into confirmation bias very easily), Chumbo.
That leaves:
Lavar, Rockhopper, Lone, BM.

Out of those four, I'd pick BM and Lone to be the most likely scum. BM is being far too quiet. Didn't someone say BM normally posts a lot more?

VOTE: BM
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Chumbo »

Back now, reading and I'll post what I think.
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 1014, ben dover123 wrote:I think if we need a hang right away, we go for Lunar. Last possible second we could still get a conftown out of clidd and Chumbo is still a townlean for his macro read, but Lunar is the only one that doesn't add up in that group. However, that is like the last minute emergency hang, as long as we have time on our hands I'll keep on reading up on Chumbo and clidd to see if I could possibly get a solve today.

Also, I don't think BM would openly say "clidd is scum, take coming soon" if clidd is his partner, and also I don't think they would want to take the risk of putting the first vote on clidd that would end up getting him in hammer range. I just don't think BM/clidd adds up right. It's like BM is attacking clidd but clidd is trying to get him on his side.
This is some pretty bad logic. There's still a third of the day left. Why are you in such a rush? And why are you using the fact that clidd is scum to say BM isn't scum? Because you don't seem to be considering BM as possible scum but I haven't seen you give reasons why BM isn't scum with someone else.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 1015, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1009, clidd wrote:I'm pretty confident with a Lunar elimination.
And I'm pretty confident that you aren't all that smart.

clidd (you aren't half as smart as you think you are)
Pfft.
Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1014, ben dover123 wrote:I think if we need a hang right away, we go for Lunar. Last possible second we could still get a conftown out of clidd and Chumbo is still a townlean for his macro read, but Lunar is the only one that doesn't add up in that group. However, that is like the last minute emergency hang, as long as we have time on our hands I'll keep on reading up on Chumbo and clidd to see if I could possibly get a solve today.

This is some pretty bad logic. There's still a third of the day left. Why are you in such a rush? And why are you using the fact that clidd is scum to say BM isn't scum? Because you don't seem to be considering BM as possible scum but I haven't seen you give reasons why BM isn't scum with someone else.
What is bad logic here? I'm telling everyone who my immediate GtH elimination is incase we have another massive wagon shift, and I even stated at the end that it was a "last minute emergency hang"
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

OK I agree we should go with LunarMartian.It was really difficult reading 15 pages took real long :mad:
I honestly don't think Clidd is mafia.Though he has been acting scummy.But he is almost confirmed town.So we should go with other scummy people.Most scummy is Lunar martian or at least thats what I think from his ISO.Also sorry Clidd for self protection post.I mean whats scummy in that.Newbie scum might have taken the bait and not targeted you.Right now PRs are as useful as vanilla townies.
UNVOTE: BattleMage
VOTE: LunarMartian
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

Lunar, you shouldn't be voting BM because they are "too quiet". BM is in a lot of games and made their post already why people shouldn't be voting him for being "quiet" or "inactive". I can bring it up if you want.

Also, I'd like an explanation on why Lone is your next suspect. I'm not getting these "Lone is scum" takes.

Pedit: Sigh...Lone you have a lot to learn. But this is something. I'd like some explanation with this take too.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 626, Battle Mage wrote:so I'm at like E-2 because apparently I'm not "taking the game seriously" and "going to coast and do nothing" despite being VLA for weekend and then coming back and posting lots of analysis and thoughts last night, with the promise of finishing the 2nd half of my read-through tonight? :facepalm:

either people with unrealistic activity standards or just not reading what I have posted and cruising on an outdated "BM is absent" read.

If I ain't dead, I'll be back tonight.
Although I question BM for the fact that he said "I'll be back tonight" when tonight has already happened. Ah well, maybe "tonight" is relative if BM lives in a different time zone with a different schedule.
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

I don't think clidd is scum so we should elim others who are most scummy.(Lunar,Rock)imo
LoneMarkhor
LoneMarkhor
Goon
LoneMarkhor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by LoneMarkhor »

also Lunar why do you think i am scum?
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 1019, LoneMarkhor wrote:OK I agree we should go with LunarMartian.It was really difficult reading 15 pages took real long :mad:
I honestly don't think Clidd is mafia.Though he has been acting scummy.But he is almost confirmed town.So we should go with other scummy people.Most scummy is Lunar martian or at least thats what I think from his ISO.Also sorry Clidd for self protection post.I mean whats scummy in that.Newbie scum might have taken the bait and not targeted you.Right now PRs are as useful as vanilla townies.
UNVOTE: BattleMage
VOTE: LunarMartian
OK, but what makes me scummy? This seems like a very opportunistic vote with little justification.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”