Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

VOTE: Uncrowned
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 88, Mr Sandman wrote:I asked because it seemed strange for you to at once dismiss it as scummy (in which case, it's a pointless tool) and yet to answer it at the same time (which would imply you think it has some utility).

I think one useful thing it's given us so far is that Bell described himself as not being very strong as scumhunting in his answer to point 3, but he seems to have been surprisingly confident in the reads he's given out so far. Particularly, if his read on Dunnstral was not a joke that's a strong incongruence.
Pretty sure Ico was giving troll answers.
As for Bell’s scumhunting ability, scumhunting and townhunting are distinct skills.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Actually VOTE: Dunstral

This one is better!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 108, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 107, Dunnstral wrote:Is this supposed to be an accusation towards me? Might want to double check your work.
I'm just kicking dust.
In post 109, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I am accusing you Dunnstral!
In post 110, DrippingGoofball wrote:Dunnstral knows what he did... even if we don't!
:yawn:
Play better.
I have a light TR on Dunnstral rn btw
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why’d you do this unprompted? Seems a bit odd.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 119, Akarin wrote:I should say that I was basically having the same thoughts as Bell on that first page.

Bell's my top townread.
In post 120, Akarin wrote:That, and wikifying my lazy butt.
Bell gets worse page 2
And how is posting a Wikipedia article towny????
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m liking Gun’s contributions so far. Rose needs to step it up.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 130, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Suspecting me and DGB seems more playstyle based since we are relics of almost 15 years ago. It has no merit.
Was it common to vote like that, with minimal evidence, 15 years ago?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 135, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 125, Iconeum wrote:that moment someone townreads you and you don't think you've obvtowned at all yet
There is a name for a player that does that: scum.
Could also be town that just wants townreads.
In post 145, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 141, Akarin wrote:
In post 124, Uncrowned wrote:Picking weird stuff to talk about after returning to the game. Acknowledges that the game is out of RVS and thus implying that there’s been some content that’s probably worth talking about, but decides to talk about Roses claiming if they’re at E-1? Feels like a nothing question.
You make it sound like the claim thing is all I said. And I don't think it's nothing.

I think I disagree with ABR but I haven't played the setup before and I'm pretty sure he has and I want to know why.

ABR: what if there are two competing wagons and one is a Rose and one's a Gun.
Trust me we might have 2 roses and if we pressure them to claim they might be NK and we auto lose. If we pressure them and they don't claim and we change our votes we have a better chance to win. Keep scum off balance.
First post of the day says we have 6 roses. While your plan isn’t awful it’s not based in reality, it seems.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 146, Rosé wrote:It was funny, really. For a brief moment our roles were reversed, Gún strategizing and willing me forward with her words of encouragement, and I taking the sword, or trident in this case; plunging it true into the werewolf's heart. A loud hissing sound and burrows of smoke marked the monster's demise, as the gleaming silver vaporized it's flesh and it's heart abruptly gave out.

I looked over at Gún shimmering delightfully in the moonlight. The full moon may give these creatures strength, but it paled in comparison to the beautiful bond we shared underneath it.

After this rude intrusion, we made our way over to our destination; The City of
G
u
n
s
a
n
d
R
o
s
e
s
. Quite the assortment of events had unraveled in the early hours of the morning. A loud and rowdy chimney boy named Bell had been picking fights across multiple taverns. He was full of fight and vigor that one, and Gún and I both took an early liking to him. His temper may be short and his passion high, but his thoughts and intentions seemed pure at heart.

A strange tiptoer going around town caught our eye. His nametag displayed Albert B. Rampage. We debated for a while on whether Rampage was his real name or if he just thought it sounded cool, and eventually agreed that the B probably stood for Barricaded, as that's how he felt in the way he carefully maneuvered around the town, talking about nothing more than his opinions on guns and roses.

We also had the pleasure of talking with the King of the city. Uncrowned was a commanding yet humble ruler, and his presence calmed both of our fears, giving us hope for this city's future yet, despite all of the horrible rumors circling around. Uncrowned had a good list of people he could trust, and suspects he was keeping an eye on, and we promised we would assist him any way that we could.

Finally, we came across a man who was staring very intently off into the center of town, his eyes on the city.
In post 136, Tanner wrote:it took me... over 30 minutes to write this post. sigh.
"Hi there! I'm Rosé. I saw your transcript earlier and I like that you admitted this without shame, but could I ask why it took so long?"
This post is legitimately 10% content. This isn’t good on any level.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 148, Akarin wrote:I really like the effort Rosé is putting into having game relevant opinions in the story.
Where are you seeing that?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 160, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 143, Akarin wrote:Uncrowned, how much is POE factoring into your reads?
I wouldn't say I've "ruled out" the people in my town list but I did try to find some decent TRs before I started looking into who was scummy
Which townreads are you least confident in?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 179, Albert B. Rampage wrote:At this point the top 3 players I am ready to vote out are Dunstral, Uncrowned and Rose.
Still waiting on Dunnstral reasons, but don’t dislike this otherwise.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 185, Mr Sandman wrote:
In post 182, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scum are more likely to roleplay too. I love getting into character when I'm about to put a knife in someone's back.
Does the multi-quote feature not work across multiple pages?
Yeah
What I do in situation where I’m trying to multiquote across several pages is I cut+paste each portion as I go along, by quoting everything I want to respond to on X page, writing my responses, and then I (assuming I have existing work in the clipboard) paste in stuff from previous pages, and select all + cut the whole text.
<Embrace The Void>

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Bell »

In post 254, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Why’d you do this unprompted? Seems a bit odd.
27 minutes til interview now seems like a good time to answer this.

Are you scum for asking this pointless question.
Or are you scum for weighing in on the hiraki/Bel interaction and deciding that one of us looks better than the other, instead of whether either of us are scum.
Though yes, town reading me for Wikipedia linking is silly.
Akarin got -town points for that.

@Sandman, just because I have terrible reads and am terrible at this game doesn't mean I have no playstyle. This is a pretty typical opening for me.

Dun hasn't budged.

VOTE: Akarin
VOTE: Gamma
VOTE: Dunstral

Meh on the fluff/to content Rose-to-gun-ratio.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m not sure if Hiraki v. Bell is TvS, but if it is, I think you’re the scum. You get me?
As for the “pointless question”, I kinda feel like you doing that then felt like you were overeager to look helpful. But it wasn’t a strong vibe which was why I asked about it.
<Embrace The Void>

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Bell »

I get ya, ya scummy mummy.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You know there’s more ways to convey SRs than voting all of them at once right btw?
<Embrace The Void>

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Bell »

Nope, I just looked it up because I didn't know what cassandra was referring to and decided that I doubted anybody else did either so I made a link that took me 0.02 calories of effort to complete.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Rather bolded you to assume people wouldn’t be aware of a mythological reference like that, but okay. Motive is fine I guess.
<Embrace The Void>

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Bell »

In post 267, Gamma Emerald wrote:You know there’s more ways to convey SRs than voting all of them at once right btw?
Y....yes? You've played me before. You know I don't usually do this. So this question seems rhetorical but goes nowhere except trying to make me look silly I guess?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Bell »

played with me*
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yes and I’m aware of that too. The point is to poke at it with absurdity to get you to specify why you’re doing it in THIS game.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 190, Mr Sandman wrote:Generally:

I like hiraki’s posting so far. Seems like he’s trying his best to scumhunt and I think he came out of his conversation with Bell looking a lot better.

I’m really struggling to care enough to read Gún and Rosé because of their roleplaying. I tentatively agree with ABR that this could be a form of obfuscation. I hope the gimmick is not going to last all game.

I think Akarin is quite likely to be mafia and could be a partner for Bell. She entered the thread sussing me but wi try out saying why beyond “I don’t like his post about Bell”. But she didn’t actually explain what she didn’t like.

I think DGB is likely to be town, and the same for Tanner, for reasons provided above.

Uncrowned, could you explain more about what you’re seeing in iconeum’s posting?

Bell is still coming across as scummy to me, and I’d like to see more from both of Johnny and Dunnstral.
What’s challenging about Gun’s posting? His roleplay seems pretty benign at this point, it’s essentially just at the level of flavor text. It makes his posts interesting but still intelligible.
I agree Hiraki seems like town. I get about the same vibe I remember of him from 2fold 2d3.
I think both Akarin and Bell might be scum, but I don’t think both are simultaneously rn.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 226, Gún wrote:Now, sorry for bein' off for a day or so... had a hunt that went all out of sorts, but I'm back. And since you guys seem like genuine hunters, I'll invoke a certain ritual that we're told rarely to touch...

Spoiler:
I will try to make my persona/character more 'readable' though I think that it is already if people genuinely do not like it that much. However, I'll also say that (and I suppose this is because I came into this game knowing I was going to play this sort of character) I find the read of 'roleplay as obfuscation' a very weak line of thought and easy pickings for people to post about in lieu of doing actual scumhunting.
I agree with the spoiled text about “roleplay as obfuscation” being an easy reason for a scumread
As such I think while ABR and DGB are at least somewhat townreads, I’m more solid on ABR rn
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”