PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf (Game Over)

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2897, Double the Trouble wrote:Murder I think has the most experience with noraa and is scumreading them.
I'll be honest, I didn't count MURDERCAT as part of the town because, see also: scumreading MURDERCAT. :P
In post 2898, Double the Trouble wrote:How do oyu feel about his case on noraa?
I didn't even open the spoiler on it to so much as skim.
In post 2899, Double the Trouble wrote:While we're at it, how do you feel about noraa's posting today?
Neutral with a side of town; nothing has struck me as scummy in it, but it's not bleeding town, but does loosely feel town.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Double the Trouble »

In post 2900, mastina wrote:I didn't even open the spoiler on it to so much as skim.
bruh
Open Alisae/NorwegianboyEE hydra.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 pm

can you just pretend murdercat was confirmed town when reading his noraa case?
That would be a bit more helpful :good:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by mastina »

Okay read the case.
In post 2743, MURDERCAT wrote:I believe that Noraa's tone this game is fake and over the top.
This is not something I have any way of judging.
In post 2743, MURDERCAT wrote:Skim through posts 1-500 in each of those games. Notice how much more exaggerated Noraa is here?
This is not something I trust myself to judge as a secondhand meta thing where I have no true reference point.
In post 2743, MURDERCAT wrote:Now you might just look at those posts and think it is within Noraa's normal range, but look at page 2 in her iso.
viewtopic.php?p=12398736&user_select%5B ... #p12398736
Nothing in page 2 of the iso is anything like these first posts, suggesting to me that the tone is fake and she is having trouble keeping it up.
I feel like this is an unfair take though I don't have any way of explaining that thought.
In post 2743, MURDERCAT wrote:Noraa has trouble making up cases as scum. Look at these posts in death curse (links rather than quotes due to length):

Now compare to the case that Noraa has on me in this game:

For full context, the following posts are:

In both cases, there is no actual analysis happening. Noraa is linking a lot of quotes, providing a superficial description of the events, and claiming that I am scum off them without actually providing any reasoning behind her claims just as she did in my last scum game with her.
This one however I can definitely point out as being wrong. I actually did check out the links...but not just to the posts linked. To other posts not linked, surrounding the linked posts. In the links to Death Curse, Noraa's content surrounding the linked posts is defensive and does indeed lack scumhunting.

The Noraa posts surrounding the linked posts in this game
do
contain scumhunting. Not in the posts linked, but in posts on the very same page that were not linked. is a substantive, content-filled post on the same page as the linked ; near as I can tell, nothing resembling it existed in the Death Curse counterpart. is probably within Noraa's scumrange, but still contains depth that I did not see in the Death Curse link. Similar for . also has some depth to it.

So for this point, I can say I definitely disagree with MURDERCAT here and in fact, this looks cherry-picked. Something where he deliberately takes the parts most similar between games, while ignoring the surrounding areas that are different.
In post 2743, MURDERCAT wrote:However, given Gloria's lack of activity you would not expect her to 1. be particularly invested in the game and 2. have strong opinions about me.
These seem like bad assumptions to make. Being V/LA and lacking activity doesn't mean a lack of investment or inability to form a read, especially if your hydra partner is informing you of events in your hydra PT that you read even when you're not reading the thread.
In post 2743, MURDERCAT wrote: However, there are a number of instances that suggest to me that Gloria is in a scum PT and is aware of certain pushes that need to be made (currently, this refers to attacking me, in an attempt to reduce the influence that I am having on the game as I am correct about Noraa scum).
If Gloria were a solo player, this would be a valid push. (Heck, I made a similar point about Battle Mage.)
If.

The problem is, she isn't.

She is, explicitly, part of a hydra.

A hydra that has a private topic and maybe more to talk in.
In post 2743, MURDERCAT wrote:First, some evidence that Gloria shouldn't be very aware of the gamestate:
In post 1764, Polar Bear Express wrote:Pichu, Gloria isnt feeling well or something.
She's been talking to me a little bit about the game
but methinks she's either sick or sad.
Talking to Noraa a little bit about the game inherently implies that Gloria has at least some awareness of the gamestate imo.

SO.

For the case.

I can give no judgement on tone, but on the parts of the game that are actually things I can assess: this case feels very wrong, very narrow-minded, very manipulative, very specific, and not accurate at all.

Does that mean it's wrong? I'm not a Noraa guru, heck if I know.

But I can tell you as someone who doesn't know Noraa, that the case on her does look like it's not valid.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2903, mastina wrote:I actually did check out the links...but not just to the posts linked. To other posts not linked, surrounding the linked posts. In the links to Death Curse, Noraa's content surrounding the linked posts is defensive and does indeed lack scumhunting.

The Noraa posts surrounding the linked posts in this game
do
contain scumhunting. Not in the posts linked, but in posts on the very same page that were not linked. is a substantive, content-filled post on the same page as the linked ; near as I can tell, nothing resembling it existed in the Death Curse counterpart. is probably within Noraa's scumrange, but still contains depth that I did not see in the Death Curse link. Similar for . also has some depth to it.

So for this point, I can say I definitely disagree with MURDERCAT here and in fact, this looks cherry-picked. Something where he deliberately takes the parts most similar between games, while ignoring the surrounding areas that are different.
To go into this in more detail. On the page of Death Curse's 8962, there was defensiveness, more defensiveness, MORE defensiveness, yet MORE defensiveness, and then the empty quoted posts that MURDERCAT linked to. Nothing else.

On the page of Death's Curse's 9127, there was giving up on 'scumhunting', and nothing else.

On the page of Death's Curse's 9233, there was this not-really-content post, a weak observation that I can easily tell is faked just from a glance (the closest content Noraa has in that game to this one), a fluff post, some Bell posts (probably also close to this game vaguely but they feel different), more defensiveness, lack of content, and what amounts to another 'giving up on content' post.

The third link MURDERCAT gave is the closest to this game, but tonality-wise and content-wise, the Death's Curse links feel vastly different from this game.

Because as mentioned: on the page MURDERCAT took posts comparing this game to Death's Curse, there is an immediate presence of content that immediately radiates off different energy from the scum links.
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:39 pm

NK15 why did you do that?

Murdercats case in the beginning of the day seems very planned or scripted.
Bell’s reaction to it is bad. Just vote and then being like: "cus scum amirite?"
Even if someone makes a bad post doesn’t mean town acts like Bell here. Their defense looks chainsawy like Alisae said. And also fake.

VOTE: Bell
Would like to see some pressure here.

- Norwee
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:41 pm

Mastina is town for their push on BM regardless of the flip. Townie effort overall.

- Norwee
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:42 pm

I have a hard time reading both Solstice and Irchers posts. They are so annoyingly long. Solstice also is so waffly, just state your reads you god damn politician.

- Norwee
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:45 pm

I’d usually call players town for mucho texto, but Solstice feels like they are just blabbering and blabbering, but saying nothing of real importance.
Might be the type of scum player that just narrates the game and does a whole bunch of IIoA without actually solving. Either way, i’m not a big fan of them anymore.

- Norwee
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:05 pm

Post by mastina »

(Btw Ircher, example of thoughts I have that I sort out in my head but don't post:
To Norwee's spring of posts, I had the thought of "Norwee are you going to make me regret townreading your slot?", but then decided to not post it, and almost did nothing at all, letting that thought stir in my head until I could do something with it. But I decided that it'd make a good example of thoughts I have that normally don't make it into the thread because I haven't finished sorting them out, which thanks to being an example, I suppose I am putting forward even though I normally wouldn't.)
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Lol.
On the topic of Ircher, they seem town.

- Norwee
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Me: Mommy can we have Double the Trouble?
Mom: no, we already have Double the Trouble at home.
At home: Norwee head of Double the Trouble
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2834, Creature wrote:Can anyone read Morning Tweet here?
I think they look town in response to the pressure from day 1
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2863, Noraa wrote:I'm basically caught up.
My solve was wrong and BM town makes Murder look perhaps slightly better but I entirely bow down to gloria's reads here anyways. His push on us is bad.

I read the whole meta case and felt it was a huge waste of my time reading it.

There are too many reasons why it's wrong but I don't care enough to write up an entire case on why just to get discredited cuz sElF mEtA

Murder, I am more than capable of being cutesy for one entire game as scum. I am more than capable of producing huge ginormous reads as scum as well.

The reason I dropped the babytalk is cuz I've been feeling super moody lately. I made some alts with more serious personalities to help me have some sort of outlet for my anger/sadness from various things. I was having one hell of a time trying to be happy this game. Im not trying to guilt trip/AtE with this but I just wanted to say that you don't understand what's happening on my side of the screen and a bubbly online personality isn't easy to keep when you're not feeling that way. I won't mention this again but I do hope you take this into account if you actually are town.

Creature doesn't seem to justify any of his votes/reads which ... this may sound mean but is far less than what I expect from someone with a 2016 join date.

Ok short reads list for Ircher.

Ircher - promoted to TL
mastina - still think they are a strong TR, yesterdays entire play spewed town
Solstice - also think strong TR, yesterdays entire play also spewed town, especially the case on BM, felt extremely genuine
Pichu - demoted to TL
after these three there basically are only nulls/SRs
The most important ones imo are probably
Murder- strong SR
Double - SL
Creature- SL

Something like this?
The SRs is messy. I'm not really decided cuz I feel like a ton of people look really scummy if u sit down and think about it and there are places where Gloria didn't really agree so .. idk.

-noraa
Holy moly, if only you posted like this all game instead of whatever you were doing
Double the Trouble
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Double the Trouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:39 am

Alisae i don’t like the way you’ve been shading me. And fair warning that if this keeps up i might begin scumreading you.

- Norwee
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:45 am

Post by pichu »

YO
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:59 am

Post by pichu »

guys i can't solve if no one talks to me...
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:08 am

Post by Creature »

The game is boring
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:09 am

Post by Creature »

Can we not keep pushing the exact same people who we know will flip town just like BM did?
Sigh
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:20 am

Post by pichu »

i've been reading and i think i know who one of the scummers are
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by pichu »

it feels good to finally have a confident scumread in this game
i feel like i have PURPOSE
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:27 am

Post by Spiffeh »

hi pichu who are the scum
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Creature »

I'll hope it's not part of the same circlejerk.
Sigh
pichu
pichu
Goon
pichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:31 am

Post by pichu »

i want to make a grand case spiffeh
you'll have to wait a bit
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:31 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Creature who are the players in the "circlejerk"?
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”