Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 915, Brian Skies wrote:I believe Deacon suspects Hench Princesses so I may be interested in that as well. What are your thoughts on HP?
haven't given them much thought in the last 60 pages or so, but at threadlock time we picked up a few townvibes. do we need to have an opinion right now? I'm suffering after yesterday. and Bourbon won't be around for a few hours yet.
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 1759, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1758, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 1572, skitter30 wrote:A) why didnt i just let the annie edison wagon go through again? I dont get why any of you lot thinks i unvote there as scum, doing so literally defeats the purpose of what i'd have been doing because it deflated the entire wagon ... like i force an e-1 wagon and just drop it when i get it? I just let the tension drop when i imagine if i let it keep going i would have gotten that lolhammer? what i objectively did doesnt even match what you lot are saying i'm doing - the breathing space and deescalation happened at least in part because i unvoted, and that's why i did it .....; i was trying to make sure i got what i needed to be confident enuf to let the day end before *actually* letting it go to hammer
fwiw, i feel like scum would've probably let that go because i dont know where yall were ever going to get a 7th vote from. i looked. it didn't seem possible, so i wasn't that worried about any of those players lolhammering, barring the guy who was afk.

-ceph
? Isnt scum lolhammering the 7th vote
i think most of the players off that wagon were people who are conscientious players that couldn't get away with a lolhammer

-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

for instance, if ffery ever lolhammered someone, i would yeet her so fucking fast it'd be like, mach 2
-ceph
upside down sinkhole
upside down sinkhole
Goon
upside down sinkhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:06 am

Post by upside down sinkhole »

In post 1760, Dandelion Wine wrote:look i havent played with you before but can you not, like, do something that isn't omgusing people who suspect you? can you give me like, any read on anyone that isn't based on how they treat you?
Nearly everyone SRs me. I can't SR anyone without looking OMGUS-y so I really don't care if you have a problem with me having reads.
Show
Jacko: *sends role pm to Noraa*
Noraa: im confused
Jacko: What about
Noraa: what am I supposed to do now?
Jacko: *crickets*
~scene shift~
on jacko's birthday:
Noraa: Happy Birthday!!!
on jacko's scumday a few months later:
Noraa: It's ur birthday again? O_o
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1774, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1769, skitter30 wrote:Well kinda lighthearted but also as a way to acknowledge that i was right. The post that pinged you is like coming from the same place in my mind
But you don't yet know if you're right... the whole point of the "I told you so" was that it was contingent on you actually being right.
Yes, but i felt like i was right, that's what matters. I technically didnt know i was right abt lilith either
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1776, Dandelion Wine wrote:i think most of the players off that wagon were people who are conscientious players that couldn't get away with a lolhammer

-ceph
I think without a recent vc + thread dynamic at the time + unvotes mean it was possible
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 1778, upside down sinkhole wrote:
In post 1760, Dandelion Wine wrote:look i havent played with you before but can you not, like, do something that isn't omgusing people who suspect you? can you give me like, any read on anyone that isn't based on how they treat you?
Nearly everyone SRs me. I can't SR anyone without looking OMGUS-y so I really don't care if you have a problem with me having reads.
that isn't true.

you can suspect someone who scumreads you without it being omgus if the reasons you give are not "because they're trying to kill me."

hot tip, actually: the best thing you can do as any alignment to avoid being yeeted is scumhunt without talking about yourself.

-ceph
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 938, Hench Princesses wrote:That's pretty fair.

I guess I get nervous giving Tammy hoods because I know she's charismatic AF and LOVES pts as scum, so even though I'm leaning town on their slot atm I know they are a very dangerous player to give 'good conditions for pocketing' if I'm wrong

I guess I'm still struggling to think of best use of purple room as far as hoods go, I feel like there has to be some other mechanic for it (maybe purple roomed players can't be killed like in some of the MBOS variants?) and if we're using it as like a 'doc' more than a hood the I'd approach it differently

right now we're just assuming it's a publicly confirmed hood tho ye?

-E

That's pretty fair. I guess I get nervous giving Tammy hoods because I know she's charismatic AF and LOVES pts as scum, so even though I'm leaning town on their slot atm I know they are a very dangerous player to give 'good conditions for pocketing' if I'm wrong I guess I'm still struggling to think of best use of purple room as far as hoods go, I feel like there has to be some other mechanic for it (maybe purple roomed players can't be killed like in some of the MBOS variants?) and if we're using it as like a 'doc' more than a hood the I'd approach it differently right now we're just assuming it's a publicly confirmed hood tho ye? -E
Unless you're paranoid of the fferybork hydra AND the Tammycho hydra simultaneously, a PT is the best possible outcome for them to confirm each other by day (well, night talking) play. And even then they can't really fool me too.

~TDB
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:11 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Surely there is nothing wrong with thinking you are right.

But you can still care more about working with other people and solving, or you can care more about getting people to agree with your viewpoint because it's your viewpoint.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:12 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1783, Something_Smart wrote:Surely there is nothing wrong with thinking you are right.

But you can still care more about working with other people and solving, or you can care more about getting people to agree with your viewpoint because it's your viewpoint.
^wisdom
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:12 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1781, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 1778, upside down sinkhole wrote:
that isn't true.

you can suspect someone who scumreads you without it being omgus if the reasons you give are not "because they're trying to kill me."

hot tip, actually: the best thing you can do as any alignment to avoid being yeeted is scumhunt without talking about yourself.

-ceph
[snickering]
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:13 am

Post by skitter30 »

Or i was feeling annoyed that i'm often right (or think i'm right, whatever) and cant get people to listen to and felt vindicated when people actually do

That might not be *good* of me, but that's what i felt at the time, and i dont think that makes me scummy
Show
Hiatus once more.

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 1777, Dandelion Wine wrote:for instance, if ffery ever lolhammered someone, i would yeet her so fucking fast it'd be like, mach 2
-ceph
I've only ever lolhammered someone in pursuit of a scum dayvig. Morph hydra but me posting. Also, dayvig unlocked!

And months of therapy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:21 am

In post 1562, petapan wrote:i'm sorry but this is still really scummy from noraa
Bravado is scummy...?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:22 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1788, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1562, petapan wrote:i'm sorry but this is still really scummy from noraa
Bravado is scummy...?
from her, at that point in time, i perceived it as such, yes.
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:26 am

Why's that?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 1784, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1783, Something_Smart wrote:Surely there is nothing wrong with thinking you are right.

^wisdom
How are you feeling about the Gamma hydra?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:35 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1790, Something_Smart wrote:Why's that?
because the over-aggressiveness felt put-on, i did not find her confidence in annie being scum believable at all, but something she was doing to justify pushing there. in particular the way the switch seemed to flip for her from "you can't read me" to "you are scum" was a progression that happened concerningly quickly where i would've expected some hesitance. which is why i tried to badger her for her reasoning this morning. however my read since then has encountered complications
free crypto
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:41 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 1791, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 1784, superbowl9 wrote:

^wisdom
How are you feeling about the Gamma hydra?
Muy malo
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 943, unwnd wrote:Tommorow may turn into Tonight if you're still paying attention Cabd
It's okay, I'm at work anyway. I forgive you.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 1674, skitter30 wrote:If it's an option i would kinda like to be turnstyled
From a thread health standpoint I don't hate this though I'd prefer to send someone I have a strong townread on given the forward thread's plans.

unwnd, Imperium, Spiffeh, Brian, Bell, anyone else who wants to share an opinion:

I prefer to send Annie to you guys. If that's not possible due to the polarities over here, how would you feel about this?

Who would be your choice for Day 1 immigrant?

Somebody please transmit!
upside down sinkhole
upside down sinkhole
Goon
upside down sinkhole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:05 am

Post by upside down sinkhole »

Can we reverse it?
Like send scummy to them and towny to us?
I WANT IMPERIUM
Show
Jacko: *sends role pm to Noraa*
Noraa: im confused
Jacko: What about
Noraa: what am I supposed to do now?
Jacko: *crickets*
~scene shift~
on jacko's birthday:
Noraa: Happy Birthday!!!
on jacko's scumday a few months later:
Noraa: It's ur birthday again? O_o
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:05 am

In post 1634, upside down sinkhole wrote:basically all the people that were on notsci's wagon + all the lurkers/not talking peoples. Great sorting skills y'all have.
Am I a lurker to you??
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'd vote fire but thinking it thru i probably wouldn't turnstyle vote annie
Show
Hiatus once more.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 am

In post 1689, upside down sinkhole wrote:This game is filled with total hypocrites that don't try to understand why I do what I do.
I don't really see you doing that either...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”