Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 349, Toogeloo wrote:Why does everyone think my 232 is a naked vote when I was the FIRST vote on Horsewoman WITH A REASON?
You voted horse as we were bearly coming out of RVS on the basis of a forced joke in a particular post. I am assuming your reasons for voting her later on was somewhat more nuanced, so would be handy to have some context to go off.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 347, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 212, Guillotina wrote:Town: JacksonViggo, Nora

Null: Flea

Scum: Horsewoman, LlamaMama

For now
Confused why you would pick out Flea specifically as being null (as opposed to the other 9 players implicitly null by not being in your list)?
In post 222, Noraa wrote:
In post 198, Marky Mark wrote:shading me for actively trying to scumhunt.
Do I need to quote the posts where u run around and shade people? cuz I don't see much scum hunting.
Could you be a pal and do that for me please? Super happy to chat through any of the points I have raised if you think my logic is awry.
In post 224, Noraa wrote:
In post 203, Marky Mark wrote:I get NKed
uhhhhhhh lol I don't think that's gonna happen this game.
Even as I wrote that joke, I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist the LHF :lol:
At the time i had no impressions about others. Only those names.

Flea gave me mixed feelings then, so null.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 243, Guillotina wrote: Maybe i was wrong townreading you. This is not how town proceeds.

VOTE: Noraa
I mean I am biased in Noraa unvoting me, but this feels fine for a town progression - you poke at something that feels off, that player explains their motivations and then (if you agree with their POV) you update your view of the game. Surely scummier to tunnel on a read regardless of how they respond?
In post 262, Guillotina wrote:Ok. Horsewoman is definitely scum. She votes Toogeloo for a naked vote instead of me for tunneling her?
She is afraid to cast that vote on me because she knows im town and im right.
"Definitely scum" mid d1 is pretty strong IMO and is something that I rarely find myself thinking at this stage of the game.

I agree the "go easy on me" from Horsewoman is v sus, given that she clearly has experience and says as much, but I think "She is afraid to cast that vote on me because she knows im town and im right." is a real stretch of conjecture

Fwiw, I feel like DGB's reads are in a good place, although I am confused on the strong TR of horse, given that she was deliberatley misleading in her "Hi, I'm new" post. Perhaps you could explain to us how you still TR her despite that?
In post 308, Guillotina wrote:Did Noraa froze?
Horsewoman, Llama slot and Noraa is where I'll vote today.
JK, Mark. Whom you'd most likely vote to yeet here?
I feel like I'm confbiased here because I found your other posts sus, so take this with a pinch of salt, but this feels very consensus-y

--pedit @Guillo that makes sense. What did you think of Noraa's super secret tell on flea?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I am also quite frankly loving that Noraa went to the effort of making a wall out of my ISO. The Marky Mark entourage has another member methinks - perhaps we should start calling you lot the Funky Bunch? :P

For real though, 0-contex quoting my votes doesn't really help me understand why you think they are shading rather than SRing. I more than happy to chat through individual posts with you, if you want to actually articulate what it is about them that makes them shade, rather than scumhunting :)
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 348, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 229, Guillotina wrote:
In post 219, Momrangal wrote:Scum reads have to come from somewhere, and I'm not fond of people picking on low hanging fruit
Who is the LHF here?
+1

I've not quoted the follow up posts but its great to have guillotine on the same wavelength (
unless its a pocket
ofc :P)
In post 232, Toogeloo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Horsewoman
Cheeky naked vote on consensus SR. Have some scumpoints.
In post 234, Momrangal wrote:
In post 156, Marky Mark wrote:Pig and Nono's 0-context votes seem sus to me, especially when we are getting beyond RVS
Both of these two were V/LA at the time of his push
Yeah, nah. Try harder please. Both dropped a no-context vote
prior
to going V/LA, when the game was getting well beyond RVS. This is a behaviour that is scummy, so I called it out. Would it have been better to ignore it?

Btw lol, I'm loving JV and Guillotine taking Noraa to task on their push on me, before I've replied. Welcome to the
Marky Mark entourage guy
s :3
First bold, if it is a pocket, it’s a town pocket so do not worry. Unless you are wolf, then you should worry as town do pocket wolves too.

Second bold, i know what you are implying here and I love it because that thought process could only come from town.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 352, Marky Mark wrote:but this feels very consensus-y
Im liking you more and more
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 352, Marky Mark wrote:Hi, I'm new
I mean I'm pretty sure horse is new *to this site* but not new to mafia in general. isn't that misleading imo but I can see where the confusion comes from and why someone might misinterpret it as her trying to pull a newb card.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 353, Marky Mark wrote:I am also quite frankly loving that Noraa went to the effort of making a wall out of my ISO. The Marky Mark entourage has another member methinks - perhaps we should start calling you lot the Funky Bunch? :P

For real though, 0-contex quoting my votes doesn't really help me understand why you think they are shading rather than SRing. I more than happy to chat through individual posts with you, if you want to actually articulate what it is about them that makes them shade, rather than scumhunting :)
Guillo kept insisting I provide evidence when I've started TRing you long ago. It was ridiculous but I did it and I do think each of those posts is shady to some extent. It doesn't affect my current read on you tho.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 352, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 243, Guillotina wrote: Maybe i was wrong townreading you. This is not how town proceeds.

VOTE: Noraa
I mean I am biased in Noraa unvoting me, but this feels fine for a town progression - you poke at something that feels off, that player explains their motivations and then (if you agree with their POV) you update your view of the game. Surely scummier to tunnel on a read regardless of how they respond?
In post 262, Guillotina wrote:Ok. Horsewoman is definitely scum. She votes Toogeloo for a naked vote instead of me for tunneling her?
She is afraid to cast that vote on me because she knows im town and im right.
"Definitely scum" mid d1 is pretty strong IMO and is something that I rarely find myself thinking at this stage of the game.

I agree the "go easy on me" from Horsewoman is v sus, given that she clearly has experience and says as much, but I think "She is afraid to cast that vote on me because she knows im town and im right." is a real stretch of conjecture

Fwiw, I feel like DGB's reads are in a good place, although I am confused on the strong TR of horse, given that she was deliberatley misleading in her "Hi, I'm new" post. Perhaps you could explain to us how you still TR her despite that?
I feel like I'm confbiased here because I found your other posts sus, so take this with a pinch of salt, but this feels very consensus-y

--pedit @Guillo that makes sense. What did you think of Noraa's super secret tell on flea?
Horsewoman raised several red flags before i said “definitely scum”.

Do you suggest i pace myself down though?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 356, Noraa wrote:
In post 352, Marky Mark wrote:Hi, I'm new
I mean I'm pretty sure horse is new *to this site* but not new to mafia in general. isn't that misleading imo but I can see where the confusion comes from and why someone might misinterpret it as her trying to pull a newb card.
Ok, I can kinda see that on reflection.
Noraa wrote:
In post 353, Marky Mark wrote:I am also quite frankly loving that Noraa went to the effort of making a wall out of my ISO. The Marky Mark entourage has another member methinks - perhaps we should start calling you lot the Funky Bunch? :P

Guillo kept insisting I provide evidence when I've started TRing you long ago. It was ridiculous but I did it and I do think each of those posts is shady to some extent. It doesn't affect my current read on you tho.
If you genuinely think the posts are shady then make a case :). If you think I'm town and didn't want to go back over the posts then why not just tell Guillo what you've just told me rather then posting them? Either position seems reasonable.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 357, Noraa wrote:

So, if you townread him, why do you?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Marky Mark »

@Guillo - ref Horsewoman and "definitely scum" - full disclosure: I contributed to miseliming a townie in my previous game due to them overstating the strength of their conviction so I appreciate that overconfidence in a read is not a stone cold tell, but I just find it odd when people are super confident d1, especially when I am still groping in the dark

--pedit, yeah I've basically just asked that lol. ++FunkyBunch points tho :3
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Guillotina »

@mark I understand. Still believe HW is scum and until she towns up, she is not getting out of my list.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by AGamblingPig »

Ok, I'll stop dodging prods and post some reads. (sorry, work has been crazy recently since we were hit by a crippling cyber attack)

Dripping - Focused very much on norraa. He seems really determined to catch her in some sort of slip. Could easily be scum pushing a vocal target.

Flea - I wish you'd stop using so many spoiler tags. It makes it easy to miss the content of your posts, which are pretty good. Early posting looks like honest scum hunting. Town for now.

Horse - Pretty content barren so far (i know, i'm a pot pointing at the kettle) and wihtout Guillotina pushing back we might not have gotten anymore form Horse. Null to scum.

Virgo - So far looks like a good scumhunter. Like the push on Horse. Someone I'd be comfortable keeping around. Town so far.

Llama - Kind of disappeared after attacking Virgo for going after Horse which is sketch. What was so wrong with Virgo's read on horse? Not looking good

Noelim - do you have anything to contribute darling? (pot kettle once again, yes) I'd like to see more scrutiny from others on you.

Toog - I'm fine with any votes for horse. But the early serious vote smells of bussing. Then again maybe I'm just paranoid.

With all that said I'm going to VOTE: NoElim for now. maybe pressure you into some content.

Those are the reads I feel strongly amount so far. Sorry for my lack of posting so far. I'll work on that.
Pathological liar with good intentions.
Queer for your pleasure
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 359, Marky Mark wrote:If you genuinely think the posts are shady then make a case . If you think I'm town and didn't want to go back over the posts then why not just tell Guillo what you've just told me rather then posting them? Either position seems reasonable.
I did. He insisted that I post them so I did.

The thing is that I do still find those posts shady but overall there are other things like the way you answered my questions and engaged me that I hard TR.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 362, Guillotina wrote:@mark I understand. Still believe HW is scum and until she towns up, she is not getting out of my list.
PFFT. You keep repeating that yet ur vote's on me. LOL.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

Here is basically where I am at right now, after a long day at work and a large glass of sherry. In no particular order:

So I'm still finding Llama pretty scummy and their disappearance hasn't changed this one way or the other, so I am going to wait and see what they have to say for themselves.
Not a huge fan of momrangal. This is borderline OMGUS but they were trying to twist the facts to imply my suspicion on the posts of Pig/Nono
before
they went away were me picking on absent players. Them voting me after Noraa's push and their unvoting soon after Noraa changed their mind seems pretty opportunistic.
Then there's several slots in the naked vote and/or lurking form the sidelines crew. Clearly not all scum, but very possible 1+ scum in this set.
Guillo interceding for me vs noraa and their consensusy reads pinged me a bit but their ISO is pretty solid
Horsewoman, I found scummy early. In fairness, I was probably overthinking the new player thing, but their reaction to my speculative vote on them was off. They have been townier since tho.
JV/DGB posts have felt on the money consistently this game so townlean on them. Full disclaimer: I have played with both of them before as town so I may be displaying unconscious bias here (can you tell I've done my annual mandatory diversity training recently? :P )
Noraa I need to have a proper look at, as there's plenty there to go off. My interactions with them have felt fairly genuine fmpov so ++TR for that, but ++SR for the initial push on me as the reasoning was rather off in my (biased) opinion.

--pedit @Noraa I get where you're coming from, although equally why not have the courage of your convictions and just tell guillo that you're not going to as it's been overtaken by events. Your position does make sense tho

Now let's have a look at that pig wall...
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 352, Marky Mark wrote:Fwiw, I feel like DGB's reads are in a good place, although I am confused on the strong TR of horse, given that she was deliberatley misleading in her "Hi, I'm new" post. Perhaps you could explain to us how you still TR her despite that?
The iso is a bit off-putting, I'll admit, but then I asked myself, "what's the scum motivation for any of this?" and I townbinned her.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 366, Marky Mark wrote:Noraa I need to have a proper look at, as there's plenty there to go off. My interactions with them have felt fairly genuine fmpov so ++TR for that, but ++SR for the initial push on me as the reasoning was rather off in my (biased) opinion.
Well I'm gonna come in and drop some self meta. I almost always tunnel town on day 1.
For example in all of these games I SRed ONLY town on day 1:

Newbie 2029
Mini 2169(I semi SRed a scum here)
Mini 2170
Open 796(I semi SRed a scum here)
Open 800
Mini 2177(I tunneled two town REALLY REALLY hard)
Micro 981
Ok T^T no more I'm feeling embarrassed about my town games now :oops: :oops: :oops:
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 365, Noraa wrote:
In post 362, Guillotina wrote:@mark I understand. Still believe HW is scum and until she towns up, she is not getting out of my list.
PFFT. You keep repeating that yet ur vote's on me. LOL.
You got a point. I did say my vote would go to HW if you answered my questions about Mark's shading posts.

I'm a man of my word.

VOTE: Horsewoman

You are still in my scum list though.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

@DGB: I mean her (horsewoman) clinging to how her "someone be protown here and do something" (I am paraphrasing here) post was somehow protown (eg in ) because others SRed her for it and that in turn led to discussion was one of the main things for me that felt like it had scum motivation. I could see that being her making a sus post and then trying to continue to argue the post was protown with increasingly contrived logic as it was picked apart. Thoughts?

@Pig: Why do you feel that Noraa has been focussed on DGB? Yes, they have interacted, but not to the extent that Noraa has interacted with some others, including yours truly

--pedit @Noraa love me a bit of self-meta, especially with an argument that you must be town because you are pushing town (I am being deliberately facetious here). I may even read some at the weekend, if I am feeling particularly bored.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by AGamblingPig »

In post 370, Marky Mark wrote: @Pig: Why do you feel that Noraa has been focussed on DGB? Yes, they have interacted, but not to the extent that Noraa has interacted with some others, including yours truly

You got the read backwards. I said DGB has been focused on Noraa,
Pathological liar with good intentions.
Queer for your pleasure
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

aaaand it is way past my bedtime, meaning the odds of me getting up in time to exercise before work tomorrow have gone from 1% to 0%. Nighty night!

Thanks for a very enjoyable evening all, it's been a hoot :) - you might even say it's been giving me some good vi-bear-ations (sorry, I couldn't resist)

--pedit @Pig: yes, you are right. Sorry. Clearly, I am too tired to function rn, and the he/she thing through me off as they are both shes afaik
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 371, AGamblingPig wrote:I said DGB has been focused on Noraa,
I agree with this btw.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 372, Marky Mark wrote:Nighty night!
G'night

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”