Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 447, Horsewoman wrote:
In post 412, Momrangal wrote:You still think it's not crazy to ask to be treated like a noob when you have mafia experience?

This is my first game since 2018 and I played only a handful of games then. The site meta has changed drastically in those two years leaving me very unfamiliar with people, and the prevalent playstyles. Yet, it would be extremely odd if I asked to be taken easy on but if no one knew about that, no one would think twice about it and they would even have the urge (whether they know it or not) to take it easy on the perceived newbie.

There is only one alignment who would really want to be treated in that manner
This is a train of thought that I have seen many times that basically goes 'only mafia would care about being lynched/treated badly'. Completely wrong! Being mislynched sucks on an emotional level and it also hurts town on a game level! Town have a huge interest in not being lynched.
See this is what I'm talking about? You want us to town read you but you take posts out of context and AtE to try to get us to not push you, which makes me want to push you more. She is talking about, why would any of us would take it easy on you because you are new? Why would we believe that you are new? Why do we care that you are new or experienced? There are games for newbies here. You could have signed to one of those but you chose to sign up for a no-newbies game, which is fine! But don't expect preferential treatment.

Being myslynched sucks, but that is what towns are destined to be, some of us will have to die, so others can get info out of our deaths and solve the game. Don't take it personally, it is part of the game, don't act like it is not.

Now I'm gonna let go of your "noob" BS and work with you, help me townread you.
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

Toogeloo has still been a very bad, nothing poster (which is one of the reasons I voted for him already). Apart from post 408, which is a decent post, he's accomplished nothing. He hasn't asked any questions. He hasn't pushed or applied pressure. He hasn't even stated any reads ay any point. I do not like it one bit and I am voting for him still.

Marky Mark had an odd entry to the game where he started pushing me for dumb reasons. But he kind of kept an open mind and reversed that push and has overall been useful all game. His tone is sort of weird to me but I'm 100% sure that's personality. A genuinely open-minded mindset is a townie thing to do (I know that I also said hardtunnelling is townie. Scum are somewhere in between).

Noraa for me is a hard townread because of post 403 specifically, I don't think scum would ever admit to that thought process (even if it is silly).

Fleaaa has mostly done nothing and is tonally kind of odd/gimmicky (I dig it though) which means I kind of am struggling to read him. Faer (that's your pronoun right?) couple of deep dives/ISOs seem pretty good to me, faer deep dive on me is like, legitimately good (see how it's done?). But still null as of yet. I dig Flea as a person though.
Like the four horsemen of the apocalypse, not like a woman who is really into horses.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 449, Horsewoman wrote:
In post 262, Guillotina wrote:Ok. Horsewoman is definitely scum. She votes Toogeloo for a naked vote instead of me for tunneling her?

She is afraid to cast that vote on me because she knows im town and im right.

Luckily for HW, Noraa will get my vote if she does not tell me what “shading” Mark did. Ts ts ts.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

i didn't vote for you because hardcore, ridiculous irrational tunneling usually comes from town, which is what you're doing.
Stop this! We are past that unless you want me to keep tunneling you. I asked you for reads on people, can you please provide them?
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

In post 450, Guillotina wrote:
In post 412, Momrangal wrote:You still think it's not crazy to ask to be treated like a noob when you have mafia experience?

This is my first game since 2018 and I played only a handful of games then. The site meta has changed drastically in those two years leaving me very unfamiliar with people, and the prevalent playstyles. Yet, it would be extremely odd if I asked to be taken easy on but if no one knew about that, no one would think twice about it and they would even have the urge (whether they know it or not) to take it easy on the perceived newbie.

This is a train of thought that I have seen many times that basically goes 'only mafia would care about being lynched/treated badly'. Completely wrong! Being mislynched sucks on an emotional level and it also hurts town on a game level! Town have a huge interest in not being lynched.
See this is what I'm talking about? You want us to town read you but you take posts out of context and AtE to try to get us to not push you, which makes me want to push you more. She is talking about, why would any of us would take it easy on you because you are new? Why would we believe that you are new? Why do we care that you are new or experienced? There are games for newbies here. You could have signed to one of those but you chose to sign up for a no-newbies game, which is fine! But don't expect preferential treatment.

Being myslynched sucks, but that is what towns are destined to be, some of us will have to die, so others can get info out of our deaths and solve the game. Don't take it personally, it is part of the game, don't act like it is not.

I'm not trying to AtE here, I was saying why many town act that way in many many games, not just myself. I never said that I would personally be upset if you eliminate me, honestly it's on you to not mis-elim me not on me. Stop putting words in my mouth. I also never expected 'preferential treatment', again putting words on my mouth. I said 'go easy on me' in my very first post and since then have said NOTHING about expecting preferential treatment and have played just like any other player.

In truth I should stop engaging with your posts because you seem to have your mind made up. But people have actually bought into your push for some reason and I'm kind of tilted about it lol.
Like the four horsemen of the apocalypse, not like a woman who is really into horses.
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

In post 452, Guillotina wrote:
In post 449, Horsewoman wrote:
In post 262, Guillotina wrote:Ok. Horsewoman is definitely scum. She votes Toogeloo for a naked vote instead of me for tunneling her?

She is afraid to cast that vote on me because she knows im town and im right.

Luckily for HW, Noraa will get my vote if she does not tell me what “shading” Mark did. Ts ts ts.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

i didn't vote for you because hardcore, ridiculous irrational tunneling usually comes from town, which is what you're doing.
Stop this! We are past that unless you want me to keep tunneling you. I asked you for reads on people, can you please provide them?
i did.

but you're right i'll stop responding to your (pushing me, non-question) posts.
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

Oh I do have a question though, what is 'shading'? Seen people use that term like 10 times this game, no idea what it means. Is it just being sketchy/shady?
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 453, Horsewoman wrote:
In post 450, Guillotina wrote:

I'm not trying to AtE here, I was saying why many town act that way in many many games, not just myself. I never said that I would personally be upset if you eliminate me, honestly it's on you to not mis-elim me not on me. Stop putting words in my mouth. I also never expected 'preferential treatment', again putting words on my mouth. I said 'go easy on me' in my very first post and since then have said NOTHING about expecting preferential treatment and have played just like any other player.

In truth I should stop engaging with your posts because you seem to have your mind made up. But people have actually bought into your push for some reason and I'm kind of tilted about it lol.
Saying "go easy on me" is expecting preferential treatment! Think about that hard.

If you stop engaging with my posts I will never townread you, i think it is in your best interest to convince me that you are town. I'm willing to move past your failed noob gimmick attempt and start over! There are many ways to find out if you are scum or not.

Look, town can lie too, there are many players here that yeet all liars no matter the reasons, I disagree. Town can lie for good reasons, for dumb reasons or just because the slot is a compulsive liar that randed town (not saying that any of these are you), I wanted to see why you tried to lie about that and see if such lie can come from a town slot.
I'm not convinced you are town. tbf.

I'm looking forward to your engagement! Bring me a pelt.
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

It wasn't a lie, I never said I had never played mafia on any other website. In fact, when asked about it, I specifically said that I had played mafia on another website. I don't know how to get this into your head.
Horsewoman
Horsewoman
Goon
Horsewoman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Horsewoman »

what do you think of the reads that i posted.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 455, Horsewoman wrote:Oh I do have a question though, what is 'shading'? Seen people use that term like 10 times this game, no idea what it means. Is it just being sketchy/shady?
Shading is like putting someone on a bad light in bad faith. It's the act of de-valuating, gaslighting and trivializing other people.

You should read this: https://forum.mafia451.com/t/10-psychol ... -mafia/739
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 451, Horsewoman wrote:Toogeloo has still been a very bad, nothing poster (which is one of the reasons I voted for him already). Apart from post 408, which is a decent post, he's accomplished nothing. He hasn't asked any questions. He hasn't pushed or applied pressure. He hasn't even stated any reads ay any point. I do not like it one bit and I am voting for him still.

Marky Mark had an odd entry to the game where he started pushing me for dumb reasons. But he kind of kept an open mind and reversed that push and has overall been useful all game. His tone is sort of weird to me but I'm 100% sure that's personality. A genuinely open-minded mindset is a townie thing to do (I know that I also said hardtunnelling is townie. Scum are somewhere in between).

Noraa for me is a hard townread because of post 403 specifically, I don't think scum would ever admit to that thought process (even if it is silly).

Fleaaa has mostly done nothing and is tonally kind of odd/gimmicky (I dig it though) which means I kind of am struggling to read him. Faer (that's your pronoun right?) couple of deep dives/ISOs seem pretty good to me, faer deep dive on me is like, legitimately good (see how it's done?). But still null as of yet. I dig Flea as a person though.
I think Toogeloo is scummy, I just don't know if it's scummy town or just scum. I'm looking closely there but you are right, it's hard to look when the slot is not creating content.

Marky Mark, i generally town lean, but his tone sometimes is... I don't know how to explain it other than, he is either town, or a townie scum. You know like there are scummy towns? Well there are also townie scums. My gut and my brain is fighting over on whether Mark is town or a townie scum.

Noraa, I tend to agree on that one, problem is that everything else from her is bad. Specially her sudden townread on Marky after accusing him of shading and scum reading him for it.

Flea, yah he has this gimmicky careless approach right? Wonder if that is genuine or it is staged.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

It may be genuine, it may be staged, either way it's easy to overlook the garnishes and read the player. So right now on page 19... I find nothing worrisome at all.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 461, DrippingGoofball wrote:It may be genuine, it may be staged, either way it's easy to overlook the garnishes and read the player. So right now on page 19... I find nothing worrisome at all.
This tells me absolutely nothing.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:35 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Flea's dive on HW is good, and backs up my point that there is way more stuff in there that is scummy than just the "hi I'm new thing"

I find it weird that this is stuff that JV, Flea and I have all commented on (there may be others too) but Guillo/Momrangal are still tunneled/fixated on that one specific "hi I'm new" post

I mean there's a decent chance she is scum here but I just think that guillos post in particular where he says he's "caught" her is a particular stretch, when it could potentially have been just that she was new to the forum
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:35 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Flea's dive on HW is good, and backs up my point that there is way more stuff in there that is scummy than just the "hi I'm new thing"

I find it weird that this is stuff that JV, Flea and I have all commented on (there may be others too) but Guillo/Momrangal are still tunneled/fixated on that one specific "hi I'm new" post

I mean there's a decent chance she is scum here but I just think that guillos post in particular where he says he's "caught" her is a particular stretch, when it could potentially have been just that she was new to the forum
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:37 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I'm loving guillos reads post with the townie scums and scummy towns. Seems like a great way to fudge your reads to me as if someone flips the opposite way to you read on them you can just say "ah he must've been a townie scum" or vice versa
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Marky Mark »

@HW - what is your read on Momrangal and why are they scum?

Looking forward to hearing from the new llama soon - will be good to have some fresh eyes looking over the game.

We are also starting to tick towards the deadline so probs ought to start discussing Poes at the weekend and find some common ground.

Phone posting ATM on lunch break but hopefully will be on later
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Marky Mark »

@HW - what is your read on Momrangal and why are they scum?

Looking forward to hearing from the new llama soon - will be good to have some fresh eyes looking over the game.

We are also starting to tick towards the deadline so probs ought to start discussing Poes at the weekend and find some common ground.

Phone posting ATM on lunch break but hopefully will be on later
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:54 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I've lowkey forgotten about this game as I've been working on developing a [REDACTED] tool to help in hosting games.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:55 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 402, Noraa wrote:
In post 400, Momrangal wrote:
In post 356, Noraa wrote:I mean I'm pretty sure horse is new *to this site* but not new to mafia in general. isn't that misleading imo but I can see where the confusion comes from and why someone might misinterpret it as her trying to pull a newb card.
She specifically said " hi, I'm new! Go easy on me"

I made an entire wall about how that was more likely to come from scum
I mean if she's new to this site, she's not familiar with site meta and stuff like that. I find it not crazy to ask for people to go easy on her.
Just because they're new to the site doesn't mean we don't try our hardest to solve the game.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:57 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 403, Noraa wrote:I do not TR horse any more cuz this many SRs on her is making me nervous of my ability to find scum but I will argue that the case on her isnt as good as maybe everyone thinks.
Is your reads that weak that you can be swayed just because the majority disagree with your read? Or is it that you don't want to look too out there as you have an image to uphold? Yes that was shade so instead of doing whatever you're doing explain why you town-read them and why any of the cases we have on them are incorrect or unbased.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:59 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 413, Guillotina wrote:

Mafia
Why did you answer a question that wasn't even a question?

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 423, Marky Mark wrote:Evening all, today has just been very mental with work, so apologies for not being on. This will be a flying catchup post until I get a chance to sit down properly (hopefully tomorrow)

UNVOTE: - I'll give Llama's replacement a chance to catch up and psot their thoughts of the game state. The slot is scummy an I don't want to let it slip off the hook, but my vote there serves no purpose atm.

On a similar note - I can see that Pig's vote is on No Elim, who is also being replaced.
- @Pig: Who would be your next choice to vote aside from no elim's slot?
In post 413, Guillotina wrote:

Mafia
I just don't get this post - like why bother stating the obvious assumption being drawn here when we can all see what Momrangal was trying to convey?
I don't really get the use of unvoting a replacement, if you're thinking the slot is scum like you do, why do you think a vote there is useless when it is far from it.

Also mindmeld about the last bit.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:02 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 427, Guillotina wrote:Because I wanted to.
My reads dropped a little for Gill but not by too much.

wiki // GTKAS
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 462, Guillotina wrote:
In post 461, DrippingGoofball wrote:It may be genuine, it may be staged, either way it's easy to overlook the garnishes and read the player. So right now on page 19... I find nothing worrisome at all.
This tells me absolutely nothing.
Try reading o(≧∇≦o)

Please use fae/faer or they/them pronouns for me please :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”