Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:56 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 499, Guillotina wrote:
In post 489, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 486, Guillotina wrote:
In post 476, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 442, Guillotina wrote:Noraa seems to know a great deal about you despite you've only played two games here. Are you sure you two are not wolf partners?
Can you back this up with quotes.
No, follow the conversation. The game is only 19 pages long. Or ISO me.
I'm not going to allow you to just shade someone for something you can't even be bothered to prove. Own your words
I dont like that word, i never intent to shade when im town. I scum hunt
Shading is not AI on its own, also I don't really care if you like the word or if you intend it or not it's still shade.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:57 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 498, Guillotina wrote:
In post 414, Noraa wrote:
In post 411, Noraa wrote:"Hi! I'm new to this game! Plz go ez on me"
well this actually sounds dull upon reread.
lemme try saying that again with some more sarcasm.

"Hi! I'm new to this game as in I've never played a game with this mod, this setup, and this plist all in one! Plz go ez on me"

Yeah I get why its weird. I have seen horsewoman call herself new all over the site tho(outside of the mafia forum) so ......
@JacksonVirgo
I see what you're seeing now but I'm not too sure if that's them slipping partners.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:00 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 315, Horsewoman wrote:
I accidentally deleted this post -Isis

Paraphrase:
/in, if I'm allowed. I'm new to the site.
In post 2297, Horsewoman wrote:Hi, I'm new! And very cool and good at everything ;)
In post 10871, Horsewoman wrote:31. Greetings! New user here to play mafia (whenever a game fills lol) but these funny forum games are always ok.
In post 318, Horsewoman wrote:That is accurate lol. I just stated i was new & would like to join that game.
From assorted places

wiki // GTKAS
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 500, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 499, Guillotina wrote:
In post 489, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 486, Guillotina wrote:
In post 476, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 442, Guillotina wrote:Noraa seems to know a great deal about you despite you've only played two games here. Are you sure you two are not wolf partners?
Can you back this up with quotes.
No, follow the conversation. The game is only 19 pages long. Or ISO me.
I'm not going to allow you to just shade someone for something you can't even be bothered to prove. Own your words
I dont like that word, i never intent to shade when im town. I scum hunt
Shading is not AI on its own, also I don't really care if you like the word or if you intend it or not it's still shade.
Eeeeh shading comes from either scum or toxic town people. It was not a shade, it was part of the progression in the conversation. If you just picked up that post without the rest of the context it would look like shading, just like Noraa who posted a whole wall of Marky quotes without context and called him out on doung shading, i think you also called out Noraa on that no? (Real question)
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 501, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 498, Guillotina wrote:
In post 414, Noraa wrote:
In post 411, Noraa wrote:"Hi! I'm new to this game! Plz go ez on me"
well this actually sounds dull upon reread.
lemme try saying that again with some more sarcasm.

"Hi! I'm new to this game as in I've never played a game with this mod, this setup, and this plist all in one! Plz go ez on me"

Yeah I get why its weird. I have seen horsewoman call herself new all over the site tho(outside of the mafia forum) so ......
@JacksonVirgo
I see what you're seeing now but I'm not too sure if that's them slipping partners.
In post 502, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 315, Horsewoman wrote:
I accidentally deleted this post -Isis

Paraphrase:
/in, if I'm allowed. I'm new to the site.
In post 2297, Horsewoman wrote:Hi, I'm new! And very cool and good at everything ;)
In post 10871, Horsewoman wrote:31. Greetings! New user here to play mafia (whenever a game fills lol) but these funny forum games are always ok.
In post 318, Horsewoman wrote:That is accurate lol. I just stated i was new & would like to join that game.
From assorted places
It pinged something in me. I moved past the noobtell, but it's good to know that she was genuine about that.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:08 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 503, Guillotina wrote:Eeeeh shading comes from either scum or toxic town people. It was not a shade, it was part of the progression in the conversation. If you just picked up that post without the rest of the context it would look like shading, just like Noraa who posted a whole wall of Marky quotes without context and called him out on doung shading, i think you also called out Noraa on that no? (Real question)
I think you've got a different definition of shading than I do which is fine although Mark himself has shaded a small bit earlier in the game does that mean they're toxic town or scum? fyi I just read the context of that post and you essentially pulled that out on the spot, I don't personally see the reasonings of why that wouldn't be shade from your definition. Also difference here between Noraa calling out shade and myself is that I actually asked you to back up your read with quotes, which you refused to do at first.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I could also be reading the game wrong as it's 1am, if you disagree further feel free to quote and point out why I am wrong.

wiki // GTKAS
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 505, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 503, Guillotina wrote:Eeeeh shading comes from either scum or toxic town people. It was not a shade, it was part of the progression in the conversation. If you just picked up that post without the rest of the context it would look like shading, just like Noraa who posted a whole wall of Marky quotes without context and called him out on doung shading, i think you also called out Noraa on that no? (Real question)
I think you've got a different definition of shading than I do which is fine although Mark himself has shaded a small bit earlier in the game does that mean they're toxic town or scum? fyi I just read the context of that post and you essentially pulled that out on the spot, I don't personally see the reasonings of why that wouldn't be shade from your definition. Also difference here between Noraa calling out shade and myself is that I actually asked you to back up your read with quotes, which you refused to do at first.
It just annoyed me a bit because the game barely made the 500 posts so it's easy to catch up.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 301, DrippingGoofball wrote:
TOWN

DrippingGoofball
JacksonVirgo
Guillotina
Marky Mark
Horsewoman
Flea the Magician

NULL

AGamblingPig
Nono
Momrangal

SCUM

Toogeloo
Noraa
LlamaMama
no elim
Lol this looks like the activity list with nora's name moved to scum.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 430, Guillotina wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 423, Marky Mark wrote:Evening all, today has just been very mental with work, so apologies for not being on. This will be a flying catchup post until I get a chance to sit down properly (hopefully tomorrow)

UNVOTE: - I'll give Llama's replacement a chance to catch up and psot their thoughts of the game state. The slot is scummy an I don't want to let it slip off the hook, but my vote there serves no purpose atm.

On a similar note - I can see that Pig's vote is on No Elim, who is also being replaced.
- @Pig: Who would be your next choice to vote aside from no elim's slot?
In post 413, Guillotina wrote:
In post 412, Momrangal wrote:You still think it's not crazy to ask to be treated like a noob when you have mafia experience?

This is my first game since 2018 and I played only a handful of games then. The site meta has changed drastically in those two years leaving me very unfamiliar with people, and the prevalent playstyles. Yet, it would be extremely odd if I asked to be taken easy on but if no one knew about that, no one would think twice about it and they would even have the urge (whether they know it or not) to take it easy on the perceived newbie.

There is only one alignment who would really want to be treated in that manner
Mafia
I just don't get this post - like
why bother
stating the obvious assumption being drawn here
when we can all see
what Momrangal was trying to convey?

Also, this did feel like shading. I don't believe you are an idiot if you are playing this game so I don't believe your question was a real one. Then you state that we can all see what Momrangal was trying to convey. Who is all? Did you ask each and every one of us to come to that conclusion?
In post 460, Guillotina wrote:
In post 451, Horsewoman wrote:Toogeloo has still been a very bad, nothing poster (which is one of the reasons I voted for him already). Apart from post 408, which is a decent post, he's accomplished nothing. He hasn't asked any questions. He hasn't pushed or applied pressure. He hasn't even stated any reads ay any point. I do not like it one bit and I am voting for him still.

Marky Mark had an odd entry to the game where he started pushing me for dumb reasons. But he kind of kept an open mind and reversed that push and has overall been useful all game. His tone is sort of weird to me but I'm 100% sure that's personality. A genuinely open-minded mindset is a townie thing to do (I know that I also said hardtunnelling is townie. Scum are somewhere in between).

Noraa for me is a hard townread because of post 403 specifically, I don't think scum would ever admit to that thought process (even if it is silly).

Fleaaa has mostly done nothing and is tonally kind of odd/gimmicky (I dig it though) which means I kind of am struggling to read him. Faer (that's your pronoun right?) couple of deep dives/ISOs seem pretty good to me, faer deep dive on me is like, legitimately good (see how it's done?). But still null as of yet. I dig Flea as a person though.
I think Toogeloo is scummy, I just don't know if it's scummy town or just scum. I'm looking closely there but you are right, it's hard to look when the slot is not creating content.

Marky Mark, i generally town lean, but his tone sometimes is... I don't know how to explain it other than, he is either town, or a townie scum. You know like there are scummy towns? Well there are also townie scums. My gut and my brain is fighting over on whether Mark is town or a townie scum.

Noraa, I tend to agree on that one, problem is that everything else from her is bad. Specially her sudden townread on Marky after accusing him of shading and scum reading him for it.

Flea, yah he has this gimmicky careless approach right? Wonder if that is genuine or it is staged.
In post 465, Marky Mark wrote:I'm loving guillos reads post with the townie scums and scummy towns. Seems like a great way to fudge your reads to me as if someone flips the opposite way to you read on them you can just say "ah he must've been a townie scum" or vice versa
@JacksonVirgo

Mark went from being townread to null read quickly for.

It feels like the kind of wolf that earns towncred early in the game and then turns that towncred on the people that townread them to discredit their reads. In the wolves mind, it would look suspicious if someone who town reads the other suddenly scum read them because town react by impulse, so you'd see no progression between both reads.

What they don't know is that it is ok for us to change our mind in the blink of an eye if something ping us because we are the uninformed majority and it is ok for us to be wrong.

At first I thought this was Noraa's case, so i wanted to make sure and push on Noraa to find out her thought process, instead she pulled out quotes that were not shading at all, so that process had to be fake.

As Mark keeps going the down the bottom of my list and Noraa stays there, im beginning to think that Nora and Mark's interactions could be w/w theater and her sudden town read on Mark was an attempt to look town by faking an spontaneous change of read.

In other words. Noraa/Mark could be w/w by interactions and behavioral progression.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

@guil How do you know Jackson and nora have only played two games together? I cant find that quote.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I'm caught up, I skimmed alot tho. Will iso as needed.

Games played.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Noraa »

btw I wanted to say its fine if no one agrees that the posts I quoted were shade because I don't tend to have the same definitions as other people on this regard. Almost each thing I quoted I still believe to be shading and arguing definitions will do us no good bc my definitions are wonky.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Noraa »

I need to catch up sometime.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 510, Vaxkiller wrote:@guil How do you know Jackson and nora have only played two games together? I cant find that quote.
I don't. I never said that
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:56 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 417, Momrangal wrote:To scummy to be scum is rediculous here. She wouldn't have even gotten caught if she didn't play like she had experience
I don't think playing like a total newbie is difficult to fake honestly. I think there are lots of ways scum can hide and barging in, telling everyone ur a newbie and then talking like an SE is definitely not the first thought that comes to mind.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 512, Noraa wrote:
btw I wanted to say its fine if no one agrees that the posts I quoted were shade because I don't tend to have the same definitions as other people on this regard. Almost each thing I quoted I still believe to be shading and arguing definitions will do us no good bc my definitions are wonky.
Actually your definitions of shading would help me a lot.

My definition of shading is the act of discrediting someone in bad faith while putting themselves in a position of no compromise towards the discrediting.

Trivializing, devaluation, gaslighting, half tones of suspicion are various examples of shading to me.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 418, Momrangal wrote:It isn't inherently scummy looking to have a new account and to ask to be treated like someone who doesn't know the game because, they probably don't. The issue is that she didn't play the part making it apparent that she knows exactly what she's doing
I recently played a game with a Hectic alt. He claimed he was a newbie on the alt and then used a lot of fancy terms. He was town. What does that tell us?
It tells us that doing this type of weird shenanigans isn't necessarily scum indicative. Like it looks pretty bad and her's actually looks worse than Hectic cuz Hectic was trying harder to mask the xp. But I do still think its TSTBS.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 516, Guillotina wrote:
In post 512, Noraa wrote:
Actually your definitions of shading would help me a lot.

My definition of shading is the act of discrediting someone in bad faith while putting themselves in a position of no compromise towards the discrediting.

Trivializing, devaluation, gaslighting, half tones of suspicion are various examples of shading to me.
my definition is the same but certain statements I consider shading yet no one else does.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 424, Marky Mark wrote:so its weird to see several players fixating on that once piece of evidence rather than the slot more broadly.
agree. everyone is tunneling in one this one thing so much that I think she's probs just town for all the attention.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 429, Guillotina wrote:
In post 421, Horsewoman wrote:
In [url=/viewtopic.php?p=12428303#p12428303]post 402[/url], Noraa wrote:
In post 400, Momrangal wrote:
In post 356, Noraa wrote:I mean I'm pretty sure horse is new *to this site* but not new to mafia in general. isn't that misleading imo but I can see where the confusion comes from and why someone might misinterpret it as her trying to pull a newb card.
She specifically said " hi, I'm new! Go easy on me"

I made an entire wall about how that was more likely to come from scum
I mean if she's new to this site, she's not familiar with site meta and stuff like that. I find it not crazy to ask for people to go easy on her.
Yeah I just wanted you all not to call me names and stuff, I dont know anyone here is the thing.

Also sorry for not posting anything substantive in aaages, couple of bad mental health days. Sadly the streak will continue as I will be unable to post anything substantive for some hours now.
I'm gonna look like an asshole, but this sounds a lot like AtE. I hope you do get better but I still suspect this slot.
well if uk ur gonna look like an asshole, then don't say it.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 511, Vaxkiller wrote:I'm caught up, I skimmed alot tho. Will iso as needed.
If you skimmed a lot.

How did you come up with a full read list?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 430, Guillotina wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 423, Marky Mark wrote:Evening all, today has just been very mental with work, so apologies for not being on. This will be a flying catchup post until I get a chance to sit down properly (hopefully tomorrow)

UNVOTE: - I'll give Llama's replacement a chance to catch up and psot their thoughts of the game state. The slot is scummy an I don't want to let it slip off the hook, but my vote there serves no purpose atm.

On a similar note - I can see that Pig's vote is on No Elim, who is also being replaced.
- @Pig: Who would be your next choice to vote aside from no elim's slot?
In post 413, Guillotina wrote:
In post 412, Momrangal wrote:You still think it's not crazy to ask to be treated like a noob when you have mafia experience?

This is my first game since 2018 and I played only a handful of games then. The site meta has changed drastically in those two years leaving me very unfamiliar with people, and the prevalent playstyles. Yet, it would be extremely odd if I asked to be taken easy on but if no one knew about that, no one would think twice about it and they would even have the urge (whether they know it or not) to take it easy on the perceived newbie.

There is only one alignment who would really want to be treated in that manner
Mafia
I just don't get this post - like
why bother
stating the obvious assumption being drawn here
when we can all see
what Momrangal was trying to convey?

Also, this did feel like shading. I don't believe you are an idiot if you are playing this game so I don't believe your question was a real one. Then you state that we can all see what Momrangal was trying to convey. Who is all? Did you ask each and every one of us to come to that conclusion?
When I say Marky is shading, you disagree but the moment he slightly disagrees with you, suddenly the tables have flipped is that how it is?
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 520, Noraa wrote:
In post 429, Guillotina wrote:
In post 421, Horsewoman wrote:
In [url=/viewtopic.php?p=12428303#p12428303]post 402[/url], Noraa wrote:
In post 400, Momrangal wrote:
In post 356, Noraa wrote:I mean I'm pretty sure horse is new *to this site* but not new to mafia in general. isn't that misleading imo but I can see where the confusion comes from and why someone might misinterpret it as her trying to pull a newb card.
She specifically said " hi, I'm new! Go easy on me"

I made an entire wall about how that was more likely to come from scum
I mean if she's new to this site, she's not familiar with site meta and stuff like that. I find it not crazy to ask for people to go easy on her.
Yeah I just wanted you all not to call me names and stuff, I dont know anyone here is the thing.

Also sorry for not posting anything substantive in aaages, couple of bad mental health days. Sadly the streak will continue as I will be unable to post anything substantive for some hours now.
I'm gonna look like an asshole, but this sounds a lot like AtE. I hope you do get better but I still suspect this slot.
well if uk ur gonna look like an asshole, then don't say it.
Im not scared of looking like an asshole to speak my mind.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 431, Guillotina wrote:Care to share games where she's done this. It would be great if you can share a game where she was town and another one where she was mafia and she did this. Because then I could treat it as a behavior pattern rather than an AI.
are you reading my posts? I said OUTSIDE OF THE MAFIA FORUM.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”