Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

I have the day off tomarrow so i should be able to check in pretty regularly. This seems to be a pretty thoughtful, laid back, roster composition, so i should enjoy this game quite a bit. GN :)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Grendel »

Whoops i thought i was going to bed lol
In post 98, Galron wrote:NPOM is making sense. That should probably ping me, but it seems okay.
this gives me town vibes. Paranoia is generally townie
In post 100, Galron wrote:
In post 16, Gamma Emerald wrote:By the way I think for Day 1 I want to try to townblock and have a group of voices I trust to bounce ideas off of
I'm not getting anything out of the personality testing. I think we should go back to this.
Pro-active townie reaction to what he feels isnt great early game strat. Has no motivation as scum to disrupt Frossterking's thought process outside of niche situations were Frogking was correctly onto one or more scum. Situations i find not more liekly then random atm. Lastly I think he as scum would greatly prefer to aggress Frogking dierctly in favor of diverting activity inthread elsewhere.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 121, Grendel wrote:Froggester reminds me of when i was much more eccentric and motivated as a player several years ago. I liked doing this kinda early game phscyo-analisis stuff as town. Unfortunately, outside of a few niche tells I dont think i saw much success with it. Granted, Im not that great a player. Maybe Froggser knows whats up.

I guess im leaning town on Frongking since he seems to really beiveile hes doing whats right for town. I cant say hard yes tho
-/-/-/-/-

IM surprized how quickly Gamma took Froggester in with oopen arms since Gamma has tmk more experince using RQS as scum then using it as town. I feel like he'd be more wary of what Frgking was doing. :/
Frogster seemed to be trying to do it like you seem to do it, so I had a good vibe from it. In addition the RQS being more frequent from scum!me is really just dumb luck, most of the time I have the idea to do it well before I get my role PM iirc. I have actually suppressed myself doing it in some games where I rolled scum because some people just call RQS a full on scumtell so I want to spite the haters.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I agree with Grendel's analysis in general, and my own top scum reads are still the Bowie guy and LunarMartian.

I suggest be extra weary of buddying and sheeping this game, as well as scum being creative but making odd errors, and scum are most likely to be in a combination of something like 90% MOST SCUMMY and 10% MOST TOWN on your reads list.

We have a lot of high openness and low conscientiousness so there are a lot of artsy and creative people in here. I think that means we will have a lot of original ideas and not a lot of rereading and checking the details. Also there will be a general distrust of authority because one of the sub traits of openness is to straight up dislike authority.

We also have a lot of agreeable players which is less common for a mafia game and something we should use to our advantage. One of the main weaknesses of high agreeable is the lack of skepticism, because agreeable people are mainly motivated for others to cooperate with, so they're more likely to look for reasons to join shakey alliances. I hope this will be balanced by the high openness and distrust of authority of the group, so that there is still some sense of skepticism.

The big differences between any two players to me are that we have players who are very low and very high in neuroticism and we have players who are very low and very high in agreeableness. I suspect we may have very introverted and very extraverted players as well.

Obviously if a bunch of players replace out all of the above will change.
In post 101, Galron wrote:
In post 55, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: LunarMartian

Right now my main scum reads are LunarMartian and NoPowerOverMe.

Between these two I find LunarMartian the most sketch.

Everyone else I read as town so far.
Wait. Is your default to read as town and go from there?

And how is this:
In post 21, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 14, NoPowerOverMe wrote:By the way I have drawn town 9 out of 10 times and that sucks because I love playing as scum.
Something feels off about this post.

VOTE: NoPowerOverMe

scummy?
NO, if I'm playing in a game and I get a lot of town reads I take that as a sign to move forward more aggressively because it's a sign my reads may be very accurate in that given situation.

If I have a lot of scum reads I slow down, because it's evidence that whatever conclusions I'm working from are incorrect.

In this given game I got a lot of town reads and two scum reads so I'm more willing to go all in on my ideas. In this game I have more townreads than usual so I'm more willing to take a risk on my ideas.

He's waiting to give an opinion. There was a reason he found that post scummy and he's either unaware of why that was or he's waiting to give an opinion or both.
In post 118, Grendel wrote:
In post 9, Frogsterking wrote:Hey guys I'm working on a better game start than RVS, my working title is "Standard Survey Start" or SSS. Let me know if you want try it. Everyone has to know what their OCEAN profile is.
DO you normally try to find more eccentric ways to open your games?

How likely do you think you are to get decent reads from what you are doing?

-/-/-/-/-

O 85%
C 17%
E 40%
A 87.5%
N 87.5%

When was the first time you played mafia and do you remember if you liked it?
First game was back 2015, it stressed me out, but somehow i grew more invloved with mafia over time. I guess I enjoyed it. Otherwise i wouldnt be here today.

2. Why are you playing this current game of mafia now?
For fun.

3. What is your favorite mafia-like game now? (including games like Among Us and Secret Hitler)
I dont like most other HRPGs. I like long form games more so then short term games.

4. How many people would you say you interact with offline on a typical day?
I work in retail, so quite a few.

5. How many people would you say you interact with online on a typical day?
Depends. Somedays just a couple. Other days it can be a dozen or so.

6. How often do you tell stories?
I like telling stories in situations where I think they will be entertaining for others.

7. Do you think that lying is ever OK?
Yes, i think there are moments where lying can be for the greater good.

8. Do you lie more often online than offline?
Probably? But its usally more due to carelessness then intentionally being deceitful

9. How good are you at lying?
Better then the average person I reckon.

10. Would you rather talk to someone in-person or online?
online, because it involves less required attention in most cases.
Yes and No, Yes if I had a lot of eccentric ideas I believed would work then I would try to use them every game, usually though I end up with ideas which are either eccentric OR effective but not both, so No I don't usually start my games like that unless I've got the right idea.

I think in this game I'm very likely to get decent reads from starting this way, but I'm not sure if it's because of my idea or because of the player list. One thing my idea did do successfully already is give me a decent overview of the player list and I think that's helpful right now.
In post 119, Grendel wrote:
In post 55, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: LunarMartian

Right now my main scum reads are LunarMartian and NoPowerOverMe.

Between these two I find LunarMartian the most sketch.

Everyone else I read as town so far.
No power scum due to Lunar MArtian voting him in an informed looking manner?

Your back and forth w/ No power imo clearly demonstrates that he is acting in character, not really doing anyhting A.i.

I do think in a vaccum that scum are most likely to crap on an opener like yours if it seems unpopular with the rest of the roster. However i think beyond the pool of a few players, most were game to play along. Which might dissuade scum from trying to push (I know you said it wasnt RQS, but im gonna call it that for the sake cpnveince) your RQS as scummy.

-/-/-/-/-

OutWorlder looks like he could be scum for making a passing non-contributive commet about taking personality tests. At least more scummy then those actully voting Frogsetr
The fact that he's implied to be voting in an informed manner and he provides no new information indicates to me that he's concealing something.
In post 120, Grendel wrote:*@Froggester*

You have meta on Bug Spray? or are you making assumptions on how they approach this situation as scum based on what they personality seems to be?
Yes bugspray was in a couple games I read through for completely unrelated reasons.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Grendel »

RE: Lunar's vote on NoPOwer, I dont necessarily think that its it comes from an informed perspective. I was restating what i believed you were saying. it just looks like an RVS vote to me.

NO Power I think thrives mostly on one-on-one confrontation and isnt very vocal about reads outside of the players hes actively clashing with. He might have some reads outside of this that he hasnt felt inclined to share.

THank you for clarifying on your BugSpray read.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 121, Grendel wrote:Froggester reminds me of when i was much more eccentric and motivated as a player several years ago. I liked doing this kinda early game phscyo-analisis stuff as town. Unfortunately, outside of a few niche tells I dont think i saw much success with it. Granted, Im not that great a player. Maybe Froggser knows whats up.

I guess im leaning town on Frongking since he seems to really beiveile hes doing whats right for town. I cant say hard yes tho
-/-/-/-/-

IM surprized how quickly Gamma took Froggester in with oopen arms since Gamma has tmk more experince using RQS as scum then using it as town. I feel like he'd be more wary of what Frgking was doing. :/
Frogster seemed to be trying to do it like you seem to do it, so I had a good vibe from it. In addition the RQS being more frequent from scum!me is really just dumb luck, most of the time I have the idea to do it well before I get my role PM iirc. I have actually suppressed myself doing it in some games where I rolled scum because some people just call RQS a full on scumtell so I want to spite the haters.
I guess I gave you the ammunition's required in the same post I quoted to answer my question to you. :lol:
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Grendel »

@ALL

If we're going to form an early game town bloc then i think it would be beneficial for everybody who hasnt done so to submit thier top town reads. So that we can have a better consensus.

I know i like Galreon for mine, and probably Frogking. I'd like to get a couple more over the course of the next several days.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:16 am

Post by Momrangal »

The list also scores high in neurotics which means town will see red hearings where they don't exist and scum will be hyper aware of the game state, and what they are putting out.

I do think that frogster decided to do this thing before he drew his role, but the way he's moving forward with the play is pushing the game in a good direction

In a similar vein, NPOM also pushes the game in a positive direction and the only real concern I have there is his desire to be apart of a townbloc prematurely.

I'm also town reading Grendel for his stance on townblocking this early
In post 62, Frogsterking wrote:I think Lunar Martian noticed something was off about NoPowerOverMe's post because they're super-conscious of being partners because it's new. Similar to my opinion of NoPowerOverMe's evasiveness and lack of clarity I find Lunar's description here about what he was thinking to be evasive in a way that also has a lot of potential to be AI.
You really think they, as they as scum would do this? It makes no sense to soft bus a partner this early on when they could be called on it, and forced to get into a harder stance against their partner. I think that's indicative of t/t or if they are scum, they are early on looking for ways to push what seems to be an easy target early on because of how disagreeable NPOM Is

I'm also moee than certain that NPOMS disagreeableness is NAI
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Amélie »

1. When was the first time you played mafia and do you remember if you liked it?

This is my second game of mafia and my first is ongoing.

2. Why are you playing this current game of mafia now?

I died in my first and had some extra time so I decided to sign up for another.

3. What is your favorite mafia-like game now? (including games like Among Us and Secret Hitler)

I don't play any other mafia like games.

4. How many people would you say you interact with offline on a typical day?

4-5.

5. How many people would you say you interact with online on a typical day?

Not counting the people I interact with offline, around 2-3.
Counting them, 6-8

6. How often do you tell stories?

Never.

7. Do you think that lying is ever OK?

I think there are times when it is fine but those times are pretty rare.

8. Do you lie more often online than offline?

Definitely yes.

9. How good are you at lying?

Not good.

10. Would you rather talk to someone in-person or online?

In person.
Why is it so easy to kill our happiness but so hard to kill our sadness?
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 47, Frogsterking wrote:What I'm most interested in right now guy with Bowie avatar, is if you're resisting my theory because you're conservative (and higher in conscientiousness) and you just resist change in general or if you're simply resisting it because you're running on instinct and picking a fight with the first person who catches your attention.

The David Bowie avatar makes me suspect you are higher in openness than you are in conscientiousness, but not as high as you are in extraversion and disagreeableness, so you're mainly just picking a fight with me in order to demonstrate you have some kind of social value and are barely reading anyone's posts besides your own.
I am very intrigued by this player as I have never seen someone approach a game of mafia in this way.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 59, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I don't think your tendency to equate personality traits with scumminess is productive.
I don't think I agree with this though I do think there is room for error in approaching games the way Frogsterking is doing.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:27 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 134, Amélie wrote:I am very intrigued by this player as I have never seen someone approach a game of mafia in this way.
I can tell you now that it's not a very good approach.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 98, Galron wrote:NPOM is making sense. That should probably ping me, but it seems okay.
I don't quite understand where this is coming from.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 16, Gamma Emerald wrote:By the way I think for Day 1 I want to try to townblock and have a group of voices I trust to bounce ideas off of
I'm not getting anything out of the personality testing. I think we should go back to this.
I consider this a clear stance of siding with NoPowerOverMe and I'm not sure how to word this but "weakening" Frogsterking and his unique approach to mafia. I'm not sure what to make of this at the moment and I'll have to continue thinking about it.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:36 am

Post by Amélie »

Currently I am thinking that a possible scum team could look something like NoPowerOverMe/Galron/Grendel.
This is solely based on their interactions and assuming that one is scum and trying to connect the dots after that. I am not confident but I'd like to say this for future reference for myself.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:47 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

VOTE: Amelie

I'm sensing some jealousy from those outside of the townblock. Not a town trait. Some things have to be earned.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 10, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m curious to see what that is
How does it differ from RQS?
In post 61, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 42, Frogsterking wrote:Instead of being random the questions are based on things that will give us information for the rest of the game. My ideas are just theories but I can link to actual evidence to support my inclusions of these questions.
This is like, the real point of doing RQS outside of being an RVS substitute
So like, in essence I don’t feel like your thing differs from RQS in anything but name.
It will be different from RQS because I will keep the questions and the process the same as I can and collect metrics on the results. Then I can do a multivariate analysis on player behavior in-game with an OCEAN-based psychographic and see if anything more causal and clear can be found. There's another example of something similar I already found that did multivariate analysis between linguistics and alignment to see if a player's syntax changes. The information from my new idea with the SSS will be useful even after it's released because most players won't read it all the way through. If anything clear is found it will be useful even if you're playing in a game without the SSS because you can probably roughly figure out the other players OCEANS anyway. So unlike RQS it would be useful to anyone who knows about it even if they're not in a game with it, and also would have some additional advantages to taking this approach in-game if players decided to use it. If players decided they wanted to use it there would be a thread with very clear instructions explaining the steps of the SSS and it would be kept as brief and engaging as possible.
In post 63, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 42, Frogsterking wrote:OK where did u find this?
You seem to ask this to everyone that has done it at this point, but you’ve indicated you want the OCEAN profile to be done
before
the other questions. Why are you getting like this at people doing things in the order you want?
It seems like making sure it's done in a specific order is a good way to keep the results more accurate.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 138, Amélie wrote:
I consider this a clear stance of siding with NoPowerOverMe and I'm not sure how to word this but "weakening" Frogsterking and his unique approach to mafia. I'm not sure what to make of this at the moment and I'll have to continue thinking about it.
I’m not entirely a fan of this. I think Galron’s post was rather constructive, since rather than just downtalk frog’s idea, he also uplifted my own, so I think Galron has good motives rn. Also Galron seems to be limbaity from my last game with him, so I’d be wary of those pushing him.
VOTE: Amelie
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 140, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: Amelie

I'm sensing some jealousy from those outside of the townblock. Not a town trait. Some things have to be earned.
There really isn't a town block if you ask me and no I'm not jealous of your messy hair.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:58 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

All the ladies are crazy for me.

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:01 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

In post 47, Frogsterking wrote:What I'm most interested in right now guy with Bowie avatar, is if you're resisting my theory because you're conservative (and higher in conscientiousness) and you just resist change in general or if you're simply resisting it because you're running on instinct and picking a fight with the first person who catches your attention.

The David Bowie avatar makes me suspect you are higher in openness than you are in conscientiousness, but not as high as you are in extraversion and disagreeableness, so you're mainly just picking a fight with me in order to demonstrate you have some kind of social value and are barely reading anyone's posts besides your own.
I tend to read people based on how they respond to my attacks.

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

trying to form a town bloc this early when most reads are made purely on gut and most posters aren't even in the double digits in terms of post count is uh

pretty terrible and i'm very wary of the people pushing it because it could very easily be scum trying to form early pockets so they have direct or indirect control of the game.

Grendel saying "I'd probably be unhappy with a town core" in but then going off and asking for TR's in especially strikes me so:

VOTE: Grendel
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That’s a gross oversimplification of what he said
<Embrace The Void>

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Elaborate.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

You’re misquoting him a bit there, though. He said he wouldn’t be satisfied with it right now as it’s so early, but he likes the idea of it and stated his own top TR, so I don’t think it’s questionable to then push ahead towards the possibility of a townbloc.

I’m busy on weekends so I’ll get further into this game from Tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”