Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Never too early for a town block as you can see it's already forcing discussion
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.5

NoPowerOverMe(2)
~ (5), (1)

Lunar Martian(2)
~ (2), (14)
Frogsterking(2)
~ (6), (8)
Amélie(2)
~ (38), (29)
Trendall(1)
~ (13)
Grendel(1)
~ (4)
Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (10)
bugspray(1)
~ (5)

Not Voting (1): Momrangal(7)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-01 11:27:58)

FLAVOR
frame 4 out of 19035
GeorgeBailey
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

i generally think town blocs are an EoD/mid-late game thing and I don't like to people attempting to form them super early in the day because it leaves a lot of room for error and when done wrong it gives scum good ability to warlock the game

it's part of why I generally don't form a lot of TR's early in the game

regardless I did misread Grendel there so

UNVOTE:

mostly just biding my time at the moment, don't have a super good place to park my vote.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

There is not really the point approximately 66% of players should be town and usually active posters are town so it's an educated guess and a decent strategy in my opinion

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Error is not the point rather

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My reason for it is I had a decent base for one in a game that recently ended and I want to try and use that strat again
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 136, Trendall wrote:
In post 134, Amélie wrote:I am very intrigued by this player as I have never seen someone approach a game of mafia in this way.
I can tell you now that it's not a very good approach.
But what do you think No Power's alignment is?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 139, Amélie wrote:Currently I am thinking that a possible scum team could look something like NoPowerOverMe/Galron/Grendel.
This is solely based on their interactions and assuming that one is scum and trying to connect the dots after that. I am not confident but I'd like to say this for future reference for myself.
What interactions have us 3 had that point to use being scum together FYPOV?

-/-/-/-/-

*@Frogking*
Spoiler:
In post 141, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 10, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m curious to see what that is
How does it differ from RQS?
In post 61, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 42, Frogsterking wrote:Instead of being random the questions are based on things that will give us information for the rest of the game. My ideas are just theories but I can link to actual evidence to support my inclusions of these questions.
This is like, the real point of doing RQS outside of being an RVS substitute
So like, in essence I don’t feel like your thing differs from RQS in anything but name.
It will be different from RQS because I will keep the questions and the process the same as I can and collect metrics on the results. Then I can do a multivariate analysis on player behavior in-game with an OCEAN-based psychographic and see if anything more causal and clear can be found. There's another example of something similar I already found that did multivariate analysis between linguistics and alignment to see if a player's syntax changes. The information from my new idea with the SSS will be useful even after it's released because most players won't read it all the way through. If anything clear is found it will be useful even if you're playing in a game without the SSS because you can probably roughly figure out the other players OCEANS anyway. So unlike RQS it would be useful to anyone who knows about it even if they're not in a game with it, and also would have some additional advantages to taking this approach in-game if players decided to use it. If players decided they wanted to use it there would be a thread with very clear instructions explaining the steps of the SSS and it would be kept as brief and engaging as possible.

Have you ever talked to Mastina about ideal roles in group discussion?

I have a feeling the two of you would like to exchange mafia theory around the subject.

-/-/-/-
In post 149, Luca Blight wrote:You’re misquoting him a bit there, though. He said he wouldn’t be satisfied with it right now as it’s so early, but he likes the idea of it and stated his own top TR, so I don’t think it’s questionable to then push ahead towards the possibility of a townbloc.

I’m busy on weekends so I’ll get further into this game from Tomorrow.
Ill hold you too that. :P
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 152, OutWorldER wrote:i generally think town blocs are an EoD/mid-late game thing and I don't like to people attempting to form them super early in the day because it leaves a lot of room for error and when done wrong it gives scum good ability to warlock the game

it's part of why I generally don't form a lot of TR's early in the game

regardless I did misread Grendel there so

UNVOTE:

mostly just biding my time at the moment, don't have a super good place to park my vote.
Consider consolidating onto an existing wagon to help propel the game state forward.

Thats what i do if i dont have any serous reads.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@No Power*

You said you're familiar with OutWorlder's scum game, Are you also familiar with their town game? and do you think enough has happened that you can out a read there?

-/-/-/-

*@Trendal*

Im voting you. What are your thoughts on that? Also, who do you suspect right now?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 137, Amélie wrote:
In post 98, Galron wrote:NPOM is making sense. That should probably ping me, but it seems okay.
I don't quite understand where this is coming from.
This is the first npom game we've had where I haven't wanted to meet him by this point.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 160, Galron wrote:
In post 98, Galron wrote:NPOM is making sense. That should probably ping me, but it seems okay.
This is the first npom game we've had where I haven't wanted to meet him by this point.
Yeet
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 138, Amélie wrote:
In post 100, Galron wrote:
In post 16, Gamma Emerald wrote:By the way I think for Day 1 I want to try to townblock and have a group of voices I trust to bounce ideas off of
I'm not getting anything out of the personality testing. I think we should go back to this.
I consider this a clear stance of siding with NoPowerOverMe and I'm not sure how to word this but "weakening" Frogsterking and his unique approach to mafia. I'm not sure what to make of this at the moment and I'll have to continue thinking about it.
Do you think npom and I are buddies?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 139, Amélie wrote:Currently I am thinking that a possible scum team could look something like NoPowerOverMe/Galron/Grendel.
This is solely based on their interactions and assuming that one is scum and trying to connect the dots after that. I am not confident but I'd like to say this for future reference for myself.
I guess you do. Good for you.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

In post 159, Grendel wrote:
*@No Power*

You said you're familiar with OutWorlder's scum game, Are you also familiar with their town game? and do you think enough has happened that you can out a read there?
I've only played that one game with him. He hasn't posted that much and he seems to be avoiding controversy. In the game I played with him he was front and center pretty much the whole game so I don't know if this is his town game or if he is responding to that situation.

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Galron »

Let's see where this goes.

VOTE: Trendl

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Yes, it makes sense for the scum team to form a town block because the actual town is just dumb that way.

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 160, Galron wrote:
how many games have you played with him?

this is my 2nd game with the both of you.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I've been trying to strike a balance between playing in a way that helps the town win and being individualistic. I think in my first couple games that was a challenge for me.

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Grendel »

Although I understand why some players dislike some of your mannerisms I personally think you're fine to play with.

THanks for answering my question w/ regards to Outworlder.

-/-/-/-

I think that having competing wagons on Trendel and Amelie would be rad cool.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 168, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I've been trying to strike a balance between playing in a way that helps the town win and being individualistic. I think in my first couple games that was a challenge for me.
What does being individualistic mean to you?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:57 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

In post 170, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 168, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I've been trying to strike a balance between playing in a way that helps the town win and being individualistic. I think in my first couple games that was a challenge for me.
What does being individualistic mean to you?
I don't know, being able to let my personality shine and not feeling that I need to be someone that I'm not. I think some of the old guard here acts like there should be some sort of aristocrity and that was kind of off putting at first. But the more I've interacted with people I see that those are in the minority and that you can both work with them and ignore the negative parts.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:03 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I just did a couple quick read-throughs and I saw that momrangal pointed out there is high neuroticism in the group as well so there will be more needless abstraction and self-consciousness.

Everyone that is posting actively looks pretty town to me aside from NoPowerOverMe. I saw that momrangal pointed out NoPowerOverMe's behavior is likely NAI because it's motivated by his disagreeableness, and I agree, the reason I suspect him more than the others is that I believe he will play the same way as scum, whereas the other active posters are less likely to be approaching the game in this way simply because they don't have the experience lying because outside of mafia and they're not really motivated to practice lying or get very many opportunities to practice it because they aren't extraverted or disagreeable. Obviously they could still be very good at lying in general or have practiced it for this specific purpose (lying in a mini-normal on mafiascum) it's just less likely when you think about what motivated their behavior in the past leading up to this game, so for that reason I FoS NoPowerOverMe alone in the active posters.

Players that don't have the desire or the experience to practice lying are going to need to construct some sort of persona for themselves, lie low for much of the game, or replace out. The persona they create is going to need to gel with people that are open, agreeable, and neurotic.

The conclusion of my conjecture is that at least 2/3 of the scum are in the low-activity pool or mid-activity pool already, and in the case that one scum is in the high-activity pool that scum is NoPowerOverMe because his temperament gives him more motivation and opportunity to practice lying in his day to day life, so it makes more sense he would elect to adopt this same approach rolling scum in this game.

@Grendel I did talk to mastina by PM already about her thoughts on VCA as well as post-game, in-thread about the effect of short and fast time limits on games. In the same thread CFJ talked to her about the affect of uncommon power roles like Alien on game balance so that post-game chat might be interesting to you if you're into that sort of thing. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84025&p=12226642#p12226642

I'm leaving my vote on LunarMartian until the slot does anything to motivate me to move it or to prevent a NoLim. I can also be persuaded to join a BW on NoPowerOverMe.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:25 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

[
Everyone that is posting actively looks pretty town to me aside from NoPowerOverMe. I saw that momrangal pointed out NoPowerOverMe's behavior is likely NAI because it's motivated by his disagreeableness, and I agree, the reason I suspect him more than the others is that I believe he will play the same way as scum, whereas the other active posters are less likely to be approaching the game in this way simply because they don't have the experience lying because outside of mafia and they're not really motivated to practice lying or get very many opportunities to practice it because they aren't extraverted or disagreeable. Obviously they could still be very good at lying in general or have practiced it for this specific purpose (lying in a mini-normal on mafiascum) it's just less likely when you think about what motivated their behavior in the past leading up to this game, so for that reason I FoS NoPowerOverMe alone in the active posters.

Players that don't have the desire or the experience to practice lying are going to need to construct some sort of persona for themselves, lie low for much of the game, or replace out. The persona they create is going to need to gel with people that are open, agreeable, and neurotic.

The conclusion of my conjecture is that at least 2/3 of the scum are in the low-activity pool or mid-activity pool already, and in the case that one scum is in the high-activity pool that scum is NoPowerOverMe because his temperament gives him more motivation and opportunity to practice lying in his day to day life, so it makes more sense he would elect to adopt this same approach rolling scum in this game.
Please expand on this because this makes absolutely zero sense to me. How does my temperment make it more likely for me to be scum?

Players that have played with me before have pointed out that I thrive on conflict and this is true. You are completely ignoring the input of other players.

Also I gave you the benefit of the doubt by including you in the townblock and I am beginning to regret that if you are not going to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

Sorry I will try to catch up soon, but I'm out of town until Wednesday.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”