Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 31, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Not very good scum either, lolhammered town.
In post 14, NoPowerOverMe wrote:By the way I have drawn town 9 out of 10 times and that sucks because I love playing as scum.

You talk about rolling scum early on for no reason twice, and imply that you're a strong scum player, also implying you're a more skilled liar and better able to manipulate the other players.

Lying and manipulation, like anything, take practice.

Players that are extraverted and disagreeable have more opportunities to lie because they're motivate to speak to more people overall in their life and to be competitive with them; some individuals with this temperament (not all) are inclined to do so because it enables them to make better use of social capital which suits the strategy of extraversion, and it enables them to have more resources at the expense of another which suits the strategy of disagreeableness.

The other players who are posting actively are more agreeable than you are, so even if they have the opportunities to practice lying online or offline, it's unlikely they would take full advantage of those opportunities to practice. The other active posters also have not boasted about their ability to lie or manipulate other players, so it seems to be something they don't value intrinsically, whereas it's clear that you value the ability to do so and have expressed a desire to do so, therefore I believe your activity levels are not going to drop after you roll scum, because it gives you an ability to demonstrate what you've learned.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Frogsterking »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pby8L3aIww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU12jRizCw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_koZCcoiHE

For anyone who prefers to read rather than watch, this creator cites all of his sources (which are from actual academic and professional research) in the video summary. Despite being academic and statistical in nature they are very accessible and easy to understand but it may take some time to absorb the full implications of the research gathered here.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/fo ... University

Some of the topics in the link above such as the guides to "Open Wolfing" and "Power Wolfing", combined with the academic research through the youtube links above, will give you insight into how an individual who believes in their ability to lie, is extraverted and disagreeable will approach the game as scum compared to pretty much any other type of player.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Frogsterking »

High activity: 30+ Gamma and NoPowerOverMe
Mid activity: 10-20 Grendel, Frogsterking, Galron, Amelie
low activity: 0-9 bugspray, AGamblingPig, Momrangal, Trendall, LunarMartian, Outworlder, Lucas

The assumptions I'm running on are that 3/3 scum are all in the low activity end, because they aren't sure how to lie yet and are reacting to their own lies emotionally, with the exception of NoPowerOverMe who is the opposite and actually motivated to engage in lying for personal and in-game reasons.

LunarMartian didn't get enough time to get used to lying so he's choosing to abstain his early presence.

I'm interested in anything else you guys can glean from the low activity posters that might help to differentiate their alignments from one another.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I suggest instead of forming a concrete town block we make a pseudo one and begin posting reasons to narrow down the lynch from these players:

NoPowerOverMe, bugspray, AGamblingPig, Momrangal, Trendall, LunarMartian, Outworlder, Lucas

I've felt "pings" to trust all of the players here except NoPower and Lunar. I believe very strongly our chances of winning this game go up by lynching from this list and that the statistics and psychographics will lead us further and faster than our pings.

After we've narrowed down the lynch I believe it will be easier to form a town block, that's why I suggest postponing on the town block discussion.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 159, Grendel wrote:Im voting you. What are your thoughts on that?
It was only a vote to do with activity levels so it didn't interest me very much.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:27 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 178, Frogsterking wrote:the statistics and psychographics will lead us further and faster than our pings.
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 180, Trendall wrote:
In post 178, Frogsterking wrote:the statistics and psychographics will lead us further and faster than our pings.
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it suits ur vocab better I can say "Inductive reasoning will lead us further and faster than relying on our intuition alone."
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:46 am

Post by Trendall »

That's not to do with 'suiting my vocab better' though. With 'inductive reasoning' you can throw out all the statistics and psychometric tests.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:01 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.6

NoPowerOverMe(2)
~ (5), (2)

Lunar Martian(2)
~ (2), (20)
Frogsterking(2)
~ (6), (13)
Amélie(2)
~ (45), (31)
Trendall(1)
~ (19)
Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (10)
bugspray(1)
~ (8)

Not Voting (2): Momrangal(7), (5)

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-01 11:27:58)

FLAVOR
frame 5 out of 19035

We have now entered the butterfly stage of the frames
GeorgeBailey
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 182, Trendall wrote:That's not to do with 'suiting my vocab better' though. With 'inductive reasoning' you can throw out all the statistics and psychometric tests.
In post 182, Trendall wrote:That's not to do with 'suiting my vocab better' though. With 'inductive reasoning' you can throw out all the statistics and psychometric tests.
Well, statistics are formed using specific data points which are then analyzed to form general principles, which is the exact definition of inductive reasoning. So if you believe inductive reasoning is valid in the first place then you should look for a way to apply statistics. Psychometrics (at least the version I'm suggesting, OCEAN) are based at least in part on statistics, in OCEAN's case it's based completely on statistics in the first place and was created by a machine. The fact you claim to believe in inductive reasoning and suggest my theory can be "thrown out" BECAUSE of it is not congruent on your part. Maybe what you really believe in is deductive reasoning; and you believe when dealing with incomplete information we're forced to rely on intuition or abductive reasoning because there is no other alternative.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:04 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

There's a difference between being a strong scum player and enjoying it. I've only drawn scum once and I lost. What makes you think I am good scum and how does that pertain to this game?

Your methodology needs a lot of work. I feel you have desire to be town leader except you don't realize town are supposed to collaborate.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 184, Frogsterking wrote:; and you believe when dealing with incomplete information we're forced to rely on intuition or abductive reasoning because there is no other alternative.
I don't believe this at all. I believe that this is going to be a very long game.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 186, Trendall wrote:
In post 184, Frogsterking wrote:; and you believe when dealing with incomplete information we're forced to rely on intuition or abductive reasoning because there is no other alternative.
I don't believe this at all. I believe that this is going to be a very long game.
Fair enough. Good point.
In post 185, NoPowerOverMe wrote:There's a difference between being a strong scum player and enjoying it. I've only drawn scum once and I lost. What makes you think I am good scum and how does that pertain to this game?

Your methodology needs a lot of work. I feel you have desire to be town leader except you don't realize town are supposed to collaborate.
K.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Momrangal »

In post 177, Frogsterking wrote:The assumptions I'm running on are that 3/3 scum are all in the low activity end, because they aren't sure how to lie yet
This actually feels like a pretty insulting assumption, and also make the assumption that everyone has the same posting opportunities in the past three days. The weekends are a time where people have a excess of time to do things, or no time to do things.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Momrangal »

It's also good to know that I'm not invisible
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Momrangal »

In post 123, Grendel wrote:Mongeral, Luca, and Ameile aslo fall into the same boat of sliding through early game as Trendal. Thier only content being about RQS.
Then why are you picking on just trendel?

Also, what else are you expecting? The RQS suggested by frog was a breath of fresh air but at this point the game was open for less than 24 hours. There are two potential leads out of the random stage at this point. This was your only moment to get a string of posts out, with your only post being "I will post later tonight" so...
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 177, Frogsterking wrote:The assumptions I'm running on are that 3/3 scum are all in the low activity end, because they aren't sure how to lie yet and are reacting to their own lies
Scum have no need to lie early game in general.

Low activity posters reacting to their own lies? If they're not posting they're not lying.

Your implication that the low activity posters are inexperienced at scum is dreadfully faulty and supported by nothing.

Your assumptions and early posting are vapid attempts at intellectual prowess that seemed to be designed to mislead. I think you're likely scum.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Galron »

I want to see more from Trendl and a couple others before we eliminate you.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Iirc frogster has a habit of grasping at straws early game but his late game is noticeably better. I’ve only played with him once though, so take that with a pinch of salt.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 192, Galron wrote:I want to see more from Trendl and a couple others before we eliminate you.
This is quite bold imo. You seem convinced you have the sway to get people to lim frogster, why?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I'm not okay with yeeting Frog.

I think his logic is faulty but I don't see it coming from a scum perspective. I could see his process becoming more pro town as more information is available.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Not sure I could see scum defending his biggest scumreader in that nature, especially when he disagrees with the inherent nature of it
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

My son’s school is closed due to a new covid outbreak until 4th Jan so my time will be limited in the meantime. I’ll have to juggle work and taking care of him, so apologies in advance for any periods of inactivity.

Still catching up. So far at the start of page 7 I’m leaning Town on Gamma, NPOM, Grendel and Galron. I’ll post my thoughts in more detail shortly.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by bugspray »

the other game that was in yeetlo just ended and it was scuffed i will catch up tomorrow
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Trendall »

I swear I don't understand like half the words people are saying this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”