Newbie 2045: A Midwinter Night's Dream - End!

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

alright I'll be here if you need me, I don't like any of the new wagons forming
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by quiet »

In post 521, petapan wrote:if you think logic points to an experienced player being scum, make your suspicion heard.
That's the reason I spoilertagged that whole thing. I think logic does point that way, but I don't think it's useful today, because ringerScum doesn't get sussed day1. I can spend a bunch of time (and might tmmrw if I get the time) isoing all the ringers and searching for clues, but it's probably going to take a flip and a night kill before there's enough info to sus a ringer.

I can say I think Mikul is town, I think BBMola gets sorted tomorrow a high percentage of the time, so that leaves unwnd, you, and safe. I can credit any of you as scum, but none of you with enough frequency to ever vote it today. If you asked me right this moment, without reading back over the thread, just based on feeling so far? In a townBB townNewbieFlip world, I think I vote unwnd or safe most, unwnd for their "i'm going to sit back and teach" play as being a pretty strong play as scum, and safe by process of elimination.

You, I think also gets somewhat sorted with BB tmmrw. Something is brewing between you two, but I don't know if I credit it as {BB, peta} or "if scum one, then town other" more.

But again, I don't think this is useful today. I just won't be super happy voting a newbie tmmrw if a newbie today flips town, unless a newbie also gets shot tonight for some reason (I don't think that ever happens).
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by quiet »

In post 523, Illwei wrote:and I would be lying if I said I'm not tempted to sit here and let myself get killed.
For the record, I still read you town, and will not ever be voting you today. I've given my reasons why I don't think scum!Illwei plays the way you have today.

I remain fine with voting Turtle or Lunar. I don't think there's really a save Lunar push going on here, I more think a lot of interesting things happened at once while we are also waiting for Wednesday to come around for a LunarParty.

Feels bad to preach about not liking voting newbies, then say I'm voting a newbie today, but I don't think there's another option here that gets the votes, and I don't feel like voting one gives us more info. I think I get voted before any ringers do today.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 496, quiet wrote:As in (and this is not shade! I've been way over-attentive) they are not putting in a ton of effort yet.
Also yeah, I was reading through the last page, trying to see who I thought might be my scumbuddy if I was scum (please someone tell me why the heck I was speculating this) I saw this and yeah. I've been dying N2 in the past like 7 ish games I've played, and I've been getting tired of putting in work and then it meaning nothing because I've died early. so yeah. I'm sorry that I haven't been putting in a ton of effort.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

To be clear I won't really be able to post much until Thursday but i do promise I'll post more and help find Mafia then.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by BBmolla »

VOTE: Peta
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by quiet »

oh so you are skipping the lunar flip and just reading peta now?
what changed?

or is this another reaction test?
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Post by Illwei »

I'm not so sure the first one was a reaction test. maybe BB didn't notice.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 531, quiet wrote:oh so you are skipping the lunar flip and just reading peta now?
what changed?

or is this another reaction test?
lunar wagon is dead apparently
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 532, Illwei wrote:I'm not so sure the first one was a reaction test. maybe BB didn't notice.
it was
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

like we're just going to deadline wagon someone and it's going to be awful and I'm not looking forward to it when Lunar seemed like a solid scum or info lynch

im a bit annoyed
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:03 am

Post by petapan »

In post 535, BBmolla wrote:like we're just going to deadline wagon someone and it's going to be awful and I'm not looking forward to it when Lunar seemed like a solid scum or info lynch

im a bit annoyed
if lunar keeps promising content i'll move back and vote him

also i'm not scum dumbass
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:03 am

Post by petapan »

promising content and not delivering*
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:35 am

Post by petapan »

you never answered why you think lunar's flip would say anything about me

further, do you think i have any impetus to dismantle the lunar wagon wagon if scum?
free crypto
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:23 am

Post by unwnd »

Peta give me some honest meta, would you consider yourself more tilted as town or scum? I mean this in a situation where things weren't going your way, or even if someone like BBMolla scumread you
Stop
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:40 am

Post by petapan »

i'm probably the worst person you could ask for that because i lack the necessary perspective for a fair evaluation. i feel like i respond similarly either way and emotional response is more a product of feelings at the time than anything alignment based. might bristle more at perceived slights against me as scum but that's really just a guess
free crypto
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:45 am

Post by unwnd »

That didn't sound like a manufactured answer that you'd fluff up as scum so you're fooling me currently

I didn't expect something I could write into a 'meta tells for peta' Book, rather I just wanted to see how you responded. I do wonder why BB's one vote made you reflexively call him a dumbass though

Should he know better?
Stop
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:47 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 538, petapan wrote:you never answered why you think lunar's flip would say anything about me

further, do you think i have any impetus to dismantle the lunar wagon wagon if scum?
We’ve all interacted with the lunar wagon, it’d say something.

And yes, considering your helpful nature this game I could see you jumping off Lunar for towncred or just to stop a buddy elim.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:48 am

Post by BBmolla »

Regardless the vote is symbolic anywho cause we’re not executing you lol
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:18 am

Post by petapan »

In post 541, unwnd wrote:That didn't sound like a manufactured answer that you'd fluff up as scum so you're fooling me currently

I didn't expect something I could write into a 'meta tells for peta' Book, rather I just wanted to see how you responded. I do wonder why BB's one vote made you reflexively call him a dumbass though

Should he know better?
it's not like giving self-meta as scum is particularly hard though.

i think his vote on me is dumb.
free crypto
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:51 am

Post by quiet »

In post 535, BBmolla wrote:it's going to be awful and I'm not looking forward to it when Lunar seemed like a solid scum or info lynch
Does Lunar still seem like a solid scum or info lynch to you?
In post 538, petapan wrote:you never answered why you think lunar's flip would say anything about me
I've been wondering about this for the last few days, and asked about it a couple times.

Can everyone post who they are willing to lynch today? I think most people have made it pretty clear, but I'd like a recount post all the strangeness that happened over the last few pages.

I'm willing to vote Lunar or Turtle today, with at this point, zero preference between the two.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:53 am

Post by quiet »

Shoot, wrong word, sorry.
Mikul
Mikul
Goon
Mikul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Mikul »

I prob will not post anymore before the dp ends or if I do. It's just to check in briefly. Family in town, and a bunch of Christmas stuff. What I want to do

Elim the fuck out of quiet
What I'm willing to do - vote illwei

I really really want to kick quiet because he's a constant sus vs the slip and some things from illwei that hit me the wrong way. I am wondering if a illwei , quiet scum team could exist. Illwei is def my second target. Don't know if I can shake that slip and seeing him post that he was familiar with the game setup. The slip just seemed so generated and fake like he was trying to town slip but it came off as a scum slip.

Everything about quiet is wrong and I want to kick him. Period. This is where I think we should be but I don't think I'm being convincing enough to sell a lynch but will try one more time

1) I think he has more experience than he lets on by his familiarity with mafia terms and game mechanics. He's kept up with no questions (up until I pointed it out and he started asked questions)

2) he's overly defensive to every read on him. When he was no sus. He didn't do a damn thing. When the spotlight turned on him, at least from me tunneling. He has a burner under his ass and wanting to post a shit load. This reads sus to me

3) a lot of his reads and responses seemed forced. This is hard to explain but it pings me like he is trying to generate reads that are fake based off what other people have said instead of building his own analysis.

4)he comes off as very nervous

My vote is staying here and I would advise everyone to consider this. As he's in most people's radar.

If there is no talking town into this. I'm willing to go illwei secondary. Will check back in on Saturday

As of now my needs to die pool is

Quiet
Illwei
Unwnd
" I don’t believe in the gods’ existence. Man is the master of his own fate, not the gods. The gods are man’s creation to give answers that they are too afraid to give themselves."

- Ragnar Lothbrok
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:38 am

Post by safebet222 »

@mikul... What about quiet's on hyperposting. Don't you think he just keeps that under wraps as scum?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

allez
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”