She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:24 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4418, skitter30 wrote:
In post 3292, Gypyx wrote:
and also skitter, about your points on pooky, the thing is that, imagine pooky refuses to get turnstiled, what do you think happens? We turnstile someone else and exe him, so i doubt that this means much on our thread, assuming no WIFOM, maybe that's a little bit more likely for pooky!scum while i think abou it
i think actively forcing through the turnstile via self-hammer is on a different level than 'oh if he stays here we'll lim him' wrt removing people from your thread in that i'm not sure limming him over there is as simple/cut and dry as you're making it out to be
Uh... i don't really get what you're saying there
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3299, Gypyx wrote:
In post 3298, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3294, Gypyx wrote:Hmmm... how is it normal exactly?
Wanting to keep a power role alive doesn't seem unorthodox to me
I'm talking about how he's calling shellyc's claim not survivalistic
How is that a scummy thought process though
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Gypyx »

Well, basically, he's saying that he doesn't want to exe shelly because of what her role is

And at the same time he says that her claim isn't survivalistic

That's at best a thought process that really lacks self-awareness
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Hench Princesses »

Who all has reads of firebringer?

-E
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:24 am

Skitter, I really think you should try to re-evaluate some things. Regardless of the fact that you retracted it after rereading Entrapta's post, post 4404 shows a ridiculous amount of confbias. I appreciate that you noticed the mistake but the fact that you made it in the first place shows that you're not approaching this neutrally. Also if pre-flips are so bad maybe don't use that to argue that since Pooky is scum the plan is doomed to failure?

The two of you are blowing the amount of effort needed to attempt this way out of proportion, it's not high-risk-high-reward, it's low risk humongous reward. And it's only such an issue because of the vehemence with which the two of you are still arguing against it.

-Scorpia
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:27 am

In post 3298, Dunnstral wrote:Wanting to keep a power role alive doesn't seem unorthodox to me
It wasn't that great a PR.

Zmuff immediately acted like he believed the claim, but then in the next post spent a bunch of time coming around to undercutting his defense of Shelly.

This fits a larger pattern.
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:32 am

Almost every comment about A50 from Zmuff has been poking suspicion at A50, and there are a lot of those, it's a frequent thing he comments on. He was also townreading Shelly off and on. But also acts like he has no opinion between the two of them. There's a definite pattern towards avoiding undermining the Shelly wagon while vaguely disapproving of it.

-Scorpia
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:57 am

OMG I got it.

They should send skitter.

Leash gamma to fire tonight, send skitter to this thread. IDGAF what skitter does in this thread tonight.

Tomorrow night, skitter is leashed to fire, and fire is sent to this thread as well.

BAM optimal mech play

-Entrapta
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:58 am

Like how I got there before both skitter and sb9 despite both of them being both extremely whiny and condescending, pretty cool right?

-E
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 am

And if Brian actually has a shot today, he can use it on the other thread and send us both fire and skitter! Whee lmao

-E
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3177, Dunnstral wrote:I'm in the camp that thinks that if we think A50 is scum, we should elim instead of turnstile, and turnstile someone else

I think thinking that we'll all be cleared with 1 turnstile is too optimistic and is playing to our best case scenario.

Another way to put it is, we're really far ahead if there's only 1 scum and we elim them today, we don't need to further play into that scenario. We need to account for the scenario where we're not far ahead, and not fall behind more by turnstiling someone who should be elimned
Catching up but I agree with this.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3184, Spiffeh wrote:I'm down for going rogue and limming Almost50

VOTE: Almost50

Since when does the
bad
thread tell us what to do anyway?
I like the sass here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3251, Hench Princesses wrote:
In post 3247, Dunnstral wrote:
The strat isn't dumb as long as don't dedicate everything to it. It's something to keep in mind on the side as we accomplish our main goal of removing scum from the game. Playing only to the strat would be dumb, but that's not what I'm arguing.
If literally every single TPR is in the wrong timestream then I kinda feel like this setup was even more heavily scumsided than I thought, but it is possible we approached the mechanic incorrectly on day 1. But if so we got trolled pretty hard by the publicly revealed incentive of mass-ICs/preventing scum kills.

It's like "turnstile a scummy watcher" vs. "ic half the game and cut scum kills in half" -- uhh, if every single TPR is temporally gated, actually turnstiling the scummy watcher is better, but without a massclaim option 2 looks WAY more appealing
On one hand, I hate how mech focused this slot is because it's filler but this tonally feels town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3260, Hench Princesses wrote:Apologies for being gone all last week, I was at Force Captain Orientation.

VOTE: zMuff
VOTE: Turnstile - A50
VOTE: Purple Room - Titus

-Scorpia
Why in tarnations do you want to purple room me? I love neighborhoods but I think there are other, more vocal leaders here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3267, Hench Princesses wrote:Read zmuff's ISO and look at his approach to Shelly. He soft-defends Shelly, slowly comes around to scum being between A50 and Shelly but really tries hard not to commit to the read too much, then reacts to the roleclaim in post 2507 in a very weird way. Completely believes it it sounds like, and acting sad about the PR loss and like the elim is inevitable (to be fair it really was). In post 2527 argues the claim has no purpose as scum, because no survival value, but ends the post speculating on it being scum anyway.

After changing to a townread, counter to what seems like the majority opinion, Muff undercuts his townread of Shelly at every mention, never getting too close to derailing the wagon.

-Scorpia
VOTE: zmuffin

Bahhh.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3272, zMuffinMan wrote:p sure i've flushed better cases down the toilet
Is that what happened to my Coach handbag?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3280, Spiffeh wrote:Please Purple Room me

I have been summoned there by Imperium for ~reasons~ and I wish to honor their request
If I feel you're townish by the end, I'll move.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Purple Room Spiffeh

Starting my catchup of the other thread in a bit.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Yeah skitter over here is going to be a no from me dog

@Bork- I’m aware you’re still paranoid of me, and I’m willing to work and interact with you on whatever to bridge that gap.

Re: transparency over me putting on the brakes- I’ve figured things out while I was playing decoder ring for bulge. I’m no longer interested in pursuing this. We can chat about it at a later date.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Annie Edison »

Condolences, Cabd, best of luck with that.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

I am all caught up (in this thread) and I have some questions that I don't think will be answered (or maybe they were and I missed them despite not skimming in purpose?)

Like, why did we shut down the talk about certain night results?

But anyway, I am alright being sent to the other thread. It's going to confuse me with the unvote=vote bit, but -at least- I've got skitter to talk to there.

VOTE: turnstile A50

I don't mind following the IC on the purple room either

VOTE: purple room Spiffeh

I have no idea why HP are being pushed for the "lim" (we need to find a term that goes with every game. It was "shred" the last game). Gun-to-my-head I'd say scum are in Dunn/Titus/Bell/zMuffin

Dunn for the unclaimed night action (if that was explained I may remove Dunn from this pool)
Titus for "shutting down my questionnaire" yesterday when I would have expected her to understand it the most in this thread
Bell I'm probably OMGUSing subconsciously, but I feel like he's using my low activity against me when he is doing the exact same thing.
zMuffin I am null on but I am willing to go with the crowd if needs be.

The GOOD NEWS id I do DO NOT need to worry about the "lim" here if I'm going to be moved to the other thread, since Runstile happens before the lim anyway, so I guess it's alright for me to skip the vote on this one.

@Annie & @Brian: Could you both please brief me with your reads on the thread I'm about to join? Who are your top SR(s)?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Annie Edison
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Annie Edison
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Annie Edison »

Dunn and Titus are town. You can remove them from your pool.

Over there take Cabd and Ffery town to the bank. Skitters claim is sketchy, I don’t like Pooky suddenly engaging over there when he did nothing over here. Peta is town. Superb I think is town (but off a cliff). I should have more but I’m watching tenet rn so I’m not spending too much effort
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3321, Annie Edison wrote:Dunn and Titus are town. You can remove them from your pool.

Over there take Cabd and Ffery town to the bank. Skitters claim is sketchy, I don’t like Pooky suddenly engaging over there when he did nothing over here. Peta is town. Superb I think is town (but off a cliff). I should have more but I’m watching tenet rn so I’m not spending too much effort
Quoting this to make it easier for me to find it later

Also, I said I'd disregard my own reads here because I won't/shouldn't be here when the lim goes through anyway. That's why I am asking for reads THERE because that's where I'd end up voting for the lim.

I am voting myself for the turnstile because I have to be on it for it to go through, and I'm coring for the Purple Room just in case it gets hammered before the turnstile wagon

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

the funny thing is that even if the interpretation of my posts was actually accurate, the conclusion should still be that im town. im not so shit a scum player that id get caught out for taking a wishy-washy approach to a player like that

amusing
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

also the imperium kill was obv not me but i bet that gets written off as wifom too lol

"but they were an IC!!!"

so what?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”