Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 392, Luca Blight wrote:Lunar, you never explained why Gamma or I are scum based on the other page?
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Spoiler: Quotes
In post 385, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 381, OutWorldER wrote:alright so obviously the game-state is still stalled.

but I think I have a grasp on things. At least, I see a few possible narratives that could be happening and I think the key to solving which one of them is true is an NPOM flip:

VOTE: NoPowerOverMe

I think this is the best lim at the moment. Very informative and there's a good case here. The way he was so dismissive and discrediting of his wagon in , and definitely gives me vibes of coasting scum aware of the good position their in.

More-over, I think NPOM's flip will be informative as to solving a few of the weirder interactions in the game as well as giving the answer as to if the game and wagons stalling is a purposeful scum creation. The main interaction I'm referring to is the NPOM v. Frogster interaction on Page 3, where Frogster builds a case against NPOM but then pushes Lunar with (what is in my opinion and the opinion of some others that I've seen) a very stretchy and weak read. Definitely feels like scum distancing there.
Something about this post feels off to me. Does anyone else see that?
In post 388, Trendall wrote:
In post 385, Lunar Martian wrote:Something about this post feels off to me. Does anyone else see that?
Yeah I looked at that post and didn't like the first line very much.
In post 391, Luca Blight wrote:This NPOM wagon is awful.

I have the same question to all of you: Elaborate? What do you not like about the first line, what is off to lunar, what strikes Luca bad about the NPOM wagon? I hate one-liners like this that just state something without follow-up.

I'll admit I've had a lot of trouble parsing this game (holidays and having my full attention devoted elsewhere) but it doesn't get better until people actually interact with me about these things.
NoPowerOverMe wrote:OutworldER claiming that votes based on very flimsy reasoning are solid is just way out in left field.

Furthermore, his reasoning that elimining me gives information could be true of anyone that is actually being active and scumhunting.

My theory is that the townblock is correct on at least 4 out of 5 placements, maybe 5 out of 5, and the red team is intimidated. No coincidence that none of the votes on me are coming from outside of the townblock.
I never said that about the votes. I said there was a solid case there. I was referring to the fact that I (in my opinion) had a solid case on you. You're twisting my words. I agree that the votes on you previously was flimsy, yet the way you dismissed them none-the-less was scum-indicative when I read it. Felt like scum aware of their good positioning, which was combined with the fact that you've had interactions in the past that tipped me off (the Frogster/You interaction I mentioned in that post)

My reasoning for wanting to flip you is based off game-fic analysis. It's early but of the possible narratives that I see, you show up in the most of them and your flip connects you to the most people, compared to other flips. Saying that "you could get information by elimming anyone active and scumhunting" is reductive of my argument here.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 396, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I say this because Amelie and Bugs have practically nothing to say about each other.
this is a blatant misrep I've had plenty of things to say about her I'm even on her wagon although taking a closer look even if she's saying nonsense I don't see it coming from newb!scum in terms of the apparent effort
VOTE: npom
Also the way you quoted gamma's post about how Amélie is jealous of the townbloc and scum is trying to push it's way in seems to me a lot like scum projecting from insure the "townbloc" in order to not be suspected
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 140, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: Amelie

I'm sensing some jealousy from those outside of the townblock. Not a town trait. Some things have to be earned.

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think I legitimately TR Amelie reviewing her posting rn. I had concerns about her timing of re-sorting the thread but her follow-up seems decently motivated.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 207, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, Grendel wrote:. i typically find scum more likely to lurk after submitting responses to the questions until somebody else gets the game out of the "random" phase. Usally because they both dont know how to move out of that stage naturally, and dont have the motivation to try.
I think this is a good evaluation of the idea behind it, at least for the short term “reading people directly off of responses” tactic

Btw about the activity read discussion, I think any scumteam worth their salt would have someone trying to get their foot in the door if the {Gamma, Grendel, Galron, NPOM, frogster} set is all-town
Amelie’s attack on the block kinda feels that way.
In post 211, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Another good reason to town block active players is that if one of them is night killed then that would give credence that most of them are town.

In effect it limits scums options
Huh looks like I misremembered him quoting this gamma post but

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by bugspray »

My vote puts npom at 4 votes

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Hmmm...the players in my solve make up 3 of the 4 votes in my wagon. And the votes all come AFTER I voice my suspicions.

Feels very similar to day 3 of Mini Normal 2179.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Hmmm...the players in my solve make up 3 of the 4 votes in my wagon. And the votes all come AFTER I voice my suspicions.

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by bugspray »

that meta is trash

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

have you read it?

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by bugspray »

the burden of work for that trash meta is on you i'm not going to go read some game

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

You can't call something trash that you haven't read.

To put a long story short OutworldER was on a scum team with Flavor Leaf and one other dude. I drew town even night neopolitan and had a feeling about FL and OW because on day one OW quickhammered town and then FL called him obvtown because of it. There was a mass claim so I fake claimed VT to make sure I got to day 3. FL claimed town neopolitan day 3 and I countercalimed neopolitan. I correctly called out OW and FL as scum. Town still stupidly eliminated me, but the point is that I was right on my reads.

OW and FL made some not so nice comments about my play in the scum thread, so it's pretty obvious to me that OW is scum here and thinks I am an easy mislynch.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:10 am

Post by Luca Blight »

The NPOM wagon is awful mainly because of who’s on it, Outworld. I’d be amazed if there wasn’t scum on that wagon.

I don’t think it’s justified and it feels like a deliberate counter-wagon to Bugs’.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 396, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I say this because Amelie and Bugs have practically nothing to say about each other.
I have nothing to say about any of my nulls. I have 4 scum partners then don't I?
Why is it so easy to kill our happiness but so hard to kill our sadness?
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 408, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Hmmm...the players in my solve make up 3 of the 4 votes in my wagon. And the votes all come AFTER I voice my suspicions.

This is day 1. If you are town, please stop assuming you are so incredible the entire scum team is going to stack on you day 1.
If they really want you dead, they can easily kill you at night.
Day 3, it is possible the entire scum team decides to move as a block because taking risks is what can get you a win sometimes.
My first game ever, I rolled scum and my team of 3 moved together like a block towards the end to get the win. But I have never seen scum move as a block day 1 and I doubt you have either.
In post 412, NoPowerOverMe wrote:You can't call something trash that you haven't read.

To put a long story short OutworldER was on a scum team with Flavor Leaf and one other dude. I drew town even night neopolitan and had a feeling about FL and OW because on day one OW quickhammered town and then FL called him obvtown because of it. There was a mass claim so I fake claimed VT to make sure I got to day 3. FL claimed town neopolitan day 3 and I countercalimed neopolitan. I correctly called out OW and FL as scum. Town still stupidly eliminated me, but the point is that I was right on my reads.

OW and FL made some not so nice comments about my play in the scum thread, so it's pretty obvious to me that OW is scum here and thinks I am an easy mislynch.
I don't have to read it to know scum never move together on day 1. This is pretty much common sense if you ask me.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Luca Blight »

That’s not true. I’ve seen scum move together plenty of times D1.

It’s common sense that if people generally believe scum wouldn’t move together D1, then scum would feel it’s quite safe to do so.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Amélie »

NoPowerOverMe has 3000+ posts and estimate 20+ games.

I don't believe he truly believes that out of the 4 people on his wagon DAY 1, mind you, 3 are scum meaning 1) he found the entire scum team day 1 and 2) the entire scum team is so afraid of him that they decided they couldn't even wait until night to kill him and piled onto him in a frenzy.

If he seriously believes this, I will be utterly shocked.

I think he's either trying to look incredibly stupid so people think his actions aren't scummy but rather just dumb. Or he's trying to set up some tunnels/parking spots for his attention/vote.

I don't think I see him ever being town here but in my last game, the person I was sure was scum on day 1 was town. So I'm willing to compromise on voting any of my other scum reads.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Amélie »

In post 416, Luca Blight wrote:That’s not true. I’ve seen scum move together plenty of times D1.

It’s common sense that if people generally believe scum wouldn’t move together D1, then scum would feel it’s quite safe to do so.
Inside of this small paragraph, though you never straight up said it, you are implying that I am scum, correct?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Luca Blight »

No.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I believe it, because that's what happened in the aforementioned game.

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:14 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I have only played in 10 games, not 20.

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:33 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

OutWorldER
Alive
Mafia Goon
Survived and Won
NoPowerOverMe
Dead
Town Even-Night Neapolitan
Eliminated Day 3
Flavor Leaf
Alive
Mafia Traffic Analyst
Survived and Won
Alchemist21
Alive
Mafia 2-shot Rolestopper
Survived and Won

In post 1875, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
Vote Count 3.8With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to eliminate.

NoPowerOverMe
(3): Flavor Leaf, Alchemist21, OutWorldER
OutWorldER
(2): NoPowerOverMe, Battle Mage
no elim
(1): Rannygazoo

Not Voting
(3): MathBlade, Titus, no elim

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-12-13 20:25:07).

Mod notes:
I am using Thesp's automated votecounter - please notify me if there are any errors.
Battle Mage is V/LA for the weekend. I am also V/LA for the weekend, but I will try to get vote counts spaced a maximum of 12 hours apart.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I think a D1 cross between NPOM and LunarMartian and Trendall looks pretty nice right now.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:34 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »