Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

VOTE: Trendall
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

Im not cuaght up yet, but i probably approve any and all Trendall votes.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Amélie
Amélie
Goon
Amélie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Amélie »

In post 744, Gamma Emerald wrote:Amelie's takes bother the crap out of me
Amelie what do you tend to look for when reading people? I asked you a similar question earlier but I don't recall an answer.
You recently said you reviewed my posting and thought me town. Then soon after I moved you to my scum reads and this post followed.
Can you talk to me about how you are thinking?
I did answer the question and if you cannot find it, I can quote it for you later. I have to get to work in a few minutes.
In post 747, Frogsterking wrote:I was just working on a post pointing out how our intuition can manifest itself as anger, and Luca and I have both been triggered by Lunar.

I was about to point out that Amelie and Grendel have both been defending Lunar and arguably gaslighting.

Then I saw your post, and the fact that you're now being triggered by Amelie is a sign to me she needs to be resorted.
I do not understand this thought process at all.
In post 760, Frogsterking wrote:Based on her test and her behavior I believe Amelie is extraordinarily high in this subtrait of openness:

"Liberalism. Psychological liberalism refers to a readiness to challenge authority, convention, and traditional values. In its most extreme form, psychological liberalism can even represent outright hostility toward rules, sympathy for law-breakers, and love of ambiguity, chaos, and disorder. Psychological conservatives prefer the security and stability brought by conformity to tradition. Psychological liberalism and conservatism are not identical to political affiliation, but certainly incline individuals toward certain political parties. Your level of liberalism is $flev[18]. "

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/j/5 ... tions.html

I seem to be thinking this alone wouldn't cause you distaste because you also seem very liberal, Gamma.

I'm looking at the second half of Amelie's questionnaire with a little twinkle in my eye now.
Why the twinkle? I'm quite curious.
In post 768, Galron wrote:I don't think game solving on Day 1 is all that helpful. It's more distracting than anything. Let's get an elimination and a night under our belts and then assess where we're at.
I do quite agree with this but my main reason is just because I don't agree so that's quite unfair of me.
In post 772, ORAM wrote:UNVOTE:

Was following this game before replacing in, so that's cool. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think Lunar is especially likely to be scum. The wagon on them seems to be more motivated by them not getting along well with people here than by them being scummy. I don't see scum so blatantly drawing attention to themselves, especially if they have a nervous personality. I don't like the wagon either. Galron and Bugspray's votes both feel like "well here's a wagon, might as well vote it," and then there's frogster. I don't like how they've been convinced Lunar is scum since Lunar's first post and haven't wavered since, even as they reevaluate every other slot. It all feels like an inertia wagon.

I'm not
completely
sold on Bugspray being scum either, but I like their wagon comp a lot better. I think NPOM and Luca are town. Gamma too, with the caveat that I've read a lot of games he's been in and liked his posting regardless of alignment. OutWorldER is a big ??? because so few posts, but their vote here feels... fine? I kinda like it, but can't find the words to say why. My only doubts are because I get the feeling that the inconsistencies in their thought process and read progression might actually just be their personality.

Why the hell did this post take me like 2 hours to write, what the hell. I don't really have a strong impression on Grendel, Trendall, Mom, or Amélie, and will work on them next time.

@Luca (and anyone else with Bugs meta): Do you think bugs' scummy-looking behavior could be their personality, or am I off base?

@Frogster: Do you want me to do that OCEAN thing? What do you think the odds are that Lunar is town with unusual temperament versus pretty obvious scum? Also, can you walk me through the progression there? It's not super clear where and why they became your most consistent scumread.
Wow, I really am not sure what to make of this post. I'll have to give it some time.

Alright, Im caught up and now I have to get ready for work.
Why is it so easy to kill our happiness but so hard to kill our sadness?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Trendall seems a very negative player generally. I have no idea how to read them, but there’s a few players I’d rather eliminate before them. I agree with Galron that one of Bugs/Lunar needs to go today.

I’ll check Bugs’ more recent meta to see if there’s anything relevant.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 710, Luca Blight wrote:Well I’m happy with the two main wagons, anyway. I’m pretty sure Bugs is scum, I could see a world where Lunar is Town as some of their interactions during the 1v1 felt a bit townie on a tonal level. Their interactions with Bugs really throws me off, though.

It’s quite possible Scum!Bugs has deliberately tried to make that look like a bus so that when it flips green it muddies the water a bit. The way Bugs suddenly went so hard on Lunar out of nowhere almost seems too obvious to be a real bus.
This is a really interesting idea.

Out of curiosity is Bug spray a very creative player?

A move like that usually comes from more experimental/creative players.

I read through your points on Lunar and I get what you are saying but i dont know if i agree exactly.

-/-/-/-/-
In post 717, Amélie wrote:
In post 676, Grendel wrote:I think of the players active in this engagement Nopower actually looks worse then the rest via him negging Lunar from the sidling's. I dont think its beyond his town game to do something like this as he loves messing with people and giving out lots of witty comebacks as a signiture part of his style. (I wanted to do a trademark symbol over "witty comebacks" but idk how lol)

Gamma looks pretty good in his approtch to all this and i feel he came to a similar conclusion I had come to before I fully came to it.

Luca looks frustrated. I think the question is if its more liekly to come from town or scum. I WANT to say it comes from town but im not sure yet. I need to think more on it. (Hence me asking)

Lunar Im still sorting rn

It would be great if all are town but idk just.
I feel like this is either a huge play style clash or you are scum. I hate nearly every post you post.
I'd say you're allergic to me lol. If you can think of a reason every single post a player makes is scummy then you're trying very hard to make the player in question look scummy in your mind. If this is where it stands then im not sure if theres much point in me engaging you this game.

You asked about why I said "if you're both town then chill out" w/regards to the Lunar Vs Luca thing. Its a means of discouraging self-destructive town tendencies, its a net neutral as far as telling scum it i think? "if you're both town" just appeals to a player's better nature in general. I use the phrase pretty regularly in most games i play.

-/-/-/-/-
In post 722, Amélie wrote:
In post 721, Frogsterking wrote:I'm interested in what you make of the pig and outworldER slots, Amelie. I know there is not as much to go on; but can you extract any information on their alignment?
AGamblingPig seems to really like narrating events is what I gather from that
OutWorldER confuses me.

The answer to your question is no I really don't have any idea how to read these two players.
That interesting b/c the whole "keeping up with the game, and summarizing whats happening" is a crutch i leaned in hard on when i was inexperienced scum. Players are less liekly to turn on you when you say mostly uncontroversial things as a newer player in site meta. I will have to read AGambling Pigs posts agian as I dont recall them v well.

-/-/-/-/-
In post 723, OutWorldER wrote:What do you find confusing about me?
Beetlejuice ;)
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 730, Frogsterking wrote:https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _Detection

I posted this earlier but it may have gotten lost in my walls of text.

This is a research study analyzing this website using machine learning by a student or professor at Stanford. One thing that they found was that scum are more likely to replace out. This is consistent with my own experiences on this website.

Not only is a gamblingpig flip more likely because of the replace out, but I townread the majority of the active players, and what little gamblingpig posted is scum telling. It seems the general consensus is that things are going pretty well for town already, and it makes more sense that scum would fail to get a player into the town block or be given any kind of voice if they're already playing D1 down a player.

I would love to NOT get a pro scum replacement to pop in here, calmly review the gamestate, and find the best way to mess things up. I'm fine with gamblingpig not being executed until the replacement appears, but I believe the BW should be started before and not after.

My theory on gamblingpig also aligns with your theory on the bug and lunar interactions, because their interactions make even more sense to me if their 3rd partner voted Lunar and then immediately went MIA.
"Quick lets flip this inactive slot before we get a replacement!" Froggking looking really town if AGB slot turns out to be mafia.
In post 739, Frogsterking wrote:
@Grendel
Doesn't this quote below imply lunar and ER are less likely to be partners or am I misunderstanding the theory?
In post 734, Lunar Martian wrote:Based on interactions on this page I don't think that OutWorldER and Frog are both Mafia. I'm leaning towards Frog being Mafia and Out being Town.
Ahhh, can you elaborate on the theory? I feel like i missed/forgot something.

-/-/-/-/-
In post 745, Frogsterking wrote:Amelie might be scum Gamma
I think i stand by my original Ameile TR.

how have i been gaslighting?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 778, Luca Blight wrote:Trendall seems a very negative player generally. I have no idea how to read them, but there’s a few players I’d rather eliminate before them. I agree with Galron that one of Bugs/Lunar needs to go today.

I’ll check Bugs’ more recent meta to see if there’s anything relevant.
Im happy to vote bugs.

It be nice to have enough votes on Trendel so we can a counterwagon on another slot Im scum reading.

Im pretty over the Lunar Wagon rn
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

Lunar standing in the face of death and actively tempting Luca to hammer runs contrary to how survivalistic most scum are. It would be safer in that situation to just go ahead and (fake)claim and hope for the best as scum. Lunar actively spiting on that notion and aggressing the players active in that point of time is pretty inline with town behavior.

in short i think Lunar is more likely town then scum.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

Yeah... AGambling pig looks bad.

ORAM dosent really look any better. I feel like since he was actively following the game before sub-in he'd have more impactful things to say in his op? Also seems pretty nervous tonally in his opener.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Grendel »

Not really sure about the idea of flipping ORAM today since its so low info tho.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

That's a fair point but there's a lot more towny players than him.

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Lunar I mean

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 785, NoPowerOverMe wrote:That's a fair point but there's a lot more towny players than him.
Yes, there are several players I feel more confidant calling town then Lunar. I also have several players I think are scumier overall.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 774, Frogsterking wrote:Trendall is advocating an anti - town mindset.
Am not
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

Quick question: what are the odds that Luca is Mafia (or I guess you might say I'm Mafia) and the people saying our argument needed to end are also Mafia trying to calm things down? If any of those people ever wind up confirmed Mafia, the others probably are too, right?
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

I think Grendel is right to point out that ER has been inactive since pressure started to build on them. The pressure consequently dissipated, and they have remained inactive except a quick comment after being prodded.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

@Lunar
:

Spoiler:
In post 700, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 697, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 676, Grendel wrote:I think of the players active in this engagement Nopower actually looks worse then the rest via him negging Lunar from the sidling's. I dont think its beyond his town game to do something like this as he loves messing with people and giving out lots of witty comebacks as a signiture part of his style. (I wanted to do a trademark symbol over "witty comebacks" but idk how lol)

Gamma looks pretty good in his approtch to all this and i feel he came to a similar conclusion I had come to before I fully came to it.

Luca looks frustrated. I think the question is if its more liekly to come from town or scum. I WANT to say it comes from town but im not sure yet. I need to think more on it. (Hence me asking)

Oh so I see we view things the same way then.
In post 698, Lunar Martian wrote:I think I'd like to go for Trendall or OutWorldER. Failing that, NoPower or Frog.

VOTE: Trendall
Does this mean you've changed your read on me?
In post 701, Luca Blight wrote:I don't believe you answered this, Lunar:
In post 611, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 605, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 602, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 601, Lunar Martian wrote:bugspray - Not sure, no reason to kill them.
What makes you feel this way?
I don't see any reason to vote there and think the people voting there are as opportunistic as the people voting me. It's popular because it's trendy, and it's trendy because it's popular.
So how is Bugs not opportunistic for voting you?
You say the people voting Bugs are as opportunistic as the people voting you, but Bugs is voting you, so aren't they also opportunistic?

It would be nice if I didn’t have to repeatedly prod you to answer questions.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 697, Lunar Martian wrote:

Oh so I see we view things the same way then.
This might help. As for the second question, sure.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 782, Grendel wrote:Lunar standing in the face of death and actively tempting Luca to hammer runs contrary to how survivalistic most scum are. It would be safer in that situation to just go ahead and (fake)claim and hope for the best as scum. Lunar actively spiting on that notion and aggressing the players active in that point of time is pretty inline with town behavior.

in short i think Lunar is more likely town then scum.
I get where you’re coming from, but I could also see that behavior coming from scum who know their time is up/are getting bussed.

I do think Bugs is the more likely scum of the two, and my recent meta-dive reinforces this belief.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

If you ask questions that look rhetorical, you're gonna get answers that look absent. And if you want me to answer your questions and work with you, you could tone down the aggression a little. It's not appreciated.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

794 not a townie post.

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

This is like getting blood out of a stone. I’m not being aggressive, Lunar, I feel like you’re being deliberately difficult and it’s a drag having to keep chasing you for answers.

Lunar, why have you changed your view on me? Do you now TR me?

Does Bugs’ opportunism not warrant some suspicion?
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 796, Luca Blight wrote:This is like getting blood out of a stone. I’m not being aggressive, Lunar, I feel like you’re being deliberately difficult and it’s a drag having to keep chasing you for answers.

Lunar, why have you changed your view on me? Do you now TR me?

Does Bugs’ opportunism not warrant some suspicion?
I am somewhat suspicious of bugs, just like I'm at least somewhat suspicious of everyone else. At no point have I said otherwise. I just don't see most of what other people have said is suspicious.

I changed my view of you because I listened to other people who said you probably wouldn't go out of your way to pick that fight as Mafia. I have some lingering paranoia because I think maybe it was your fellow mafioso who said that. But I'm recusing myself from figuring you out, at least for now.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 795, NoPowerOverMe wrote:794 not a townie post.
795 is not a townie post.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Why do you scumread Trendall?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”