Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6076 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

also the only reason why he wasn't hammered the first time around is cuz i unvoted at l-1 cuz i didn't want the day to end after 48 hours and i was still trying to chase the bulge down to talk to him abt the posts i didnt' like, but couldn't get a followup. that's where most of the pressure de-escalated from, which in retrospect i probably shouldnt' have done

(and i got so much flak for that too ...)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6077 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6072, petapan wrote:obtusebear
I just want everyone to know how proud I am of myself that this caught on.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6078 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:50 am

Post by midwaybear »

But what if Annie Edison is scum?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6079 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:50 am

Post by midwaybear »

Oops nevermind skitter.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6080 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6078, midwaybear wrote:But what if Annie Edison is scum?
In post 6072, petapan wrote:obtusebear
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6081 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:52 am

Post by petapan »

im dying
free crypto
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6082 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6081, petapan wrote:im dying
Hi dying, I'm Dad.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6083 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6082, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 6081, petapan wrote:im dying
Hi dying, I'm Dad.
Threadkiller!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6084 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:58 am

Post by petapan »

lock + modkill
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6085 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

I feel like I should light a candle for my Cobra Kai read, if not conduct an entire memorial service and proper burial.
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6086 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6085, Deacon Blues wrote:proper burial.
Your carbon footprint doesn’t end in the grave.

While you rest in peace, the wood, the synthetic cushioning and the metals generally used in traditional coffins – as well as the concrete around reinforced graves – continue to litter the earth.

“A lot of energy also goes into producing these materials, which are used for a very short time and then buried. They’re not going to break down very fast,” says Jennifer DeBruyen, an Associate Professor of Biosystems Engineering and Soil Science at the University of Tennessee.

Italian designers Raoul Bretzel and Anna Citelli might have a solution. They call it Capsula Mundi – “world’s capsule” in Latin – and it’s an egg-shaped, organic casket that’s suitable for ashes, too.

Once buried, they say, the biodegradable plastic shell breaks down and the remains provide nutrients to a sapling planted right above it.

Bretzel and Citelli believe that death is as closely related to consumerism as life. Their goal? To create cemeteries full of trees rather than tombstones, reduce waste, and create new life out of death.
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6087 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

But seriously, now I'm a little worried too.

What are you thinking other than "oh shit oh fuck oh jeez"
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6088 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

If you really want to like... die instantly, click this spoiler:

Spoiler: Dontclickmeffery
What if It's Annie AND Bell and forwards is actually fucked because we just went with the flow and turbo-turn-stiled the low content and low-postcount players; while the actually good scum players are laughing it up?
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6089 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

I just wish this had come up again as a topic before threadlock on the other side.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6090 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by petapan »

Spoiler:
ihow'd you know what i'm doing?
free crypto
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6091 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Not sure what that was all about.
Anyways, I think something that hasn't really been talked about much is the "afterlife" mechanic where people apparently can post again some time after they die. People return the phase they were killed, but in the opposite thread. So we might be seeing Flavor and Tenet again (assuming we even make it that far). I was thinking we might be able to use this to our advantage. For example, I have somewhat of a scumread on skitter, but if she is town, it wouldn't hurt to have her posting in the late game. I'm actually not sure how helpful this mechanic will be, but was sorta surprised no one was talking about it.
I'm also surprised that I haven't really been pushed at all this game. I see that peta and bork are townreading me which might be a reason, but it could also just point to a scumteam that doesn't want to or need to take any action. I'm hoping it is the former, but we might be in trouble if it is the latter. I view myself pretty likely to be pushed in some capacity down the line though.
I see that Something_Smart has voted himself to be turnstiled which apparently sends him to his death. I want to view this as a town move, and I'm also wondering why he wasn't really posting like he is before. If we end up concluding that he is town, I would like to keep him around. Currently, I'm a little unsure because a lot of his posts that I actually read read to me like openwolving/trolling. It was pretty scummy to me that when he started getting pressure, he attempted to make the arguments based on semantics instead of really addressing concerns. Right now, he is probably around the middle of my reads. His early ISO posts look alright and his recent posts also look fine.
I think skitter is scummy especially if SS is town. There was one interaction with SS where she sorta flipped her townread on him into a scumread just as thread consensus started to move against him. Her reasoning seemed to be that her early townread had eroded in a sense, but I'm not sure how believable that is. Surely, something had to have changed in his play, but I'm not sure how different he was playing. Basically, I get that reads can change, but her progression seemed much to shaky. I also don't really see any other reasons to really townread skitter yet.
peta's posting has definitely improved. I don't think he has towntold for me yet, but his overall body of work is decent enough to move him up a bit.
Surprisingly, I still don't individually townread Dandelion, so I'll still be sheeping Deacon there.
I've also noticed that superbowl seems to be coasting. He said earlier today that he was scumhunting, but I don't really see it. I'd like for superbowl to talk about his reads here a bit and his take on this gamestate. Scum are definitely in a good spot here, and his behavior seems mostly unconcerned which is concerning.
When I'm thinking of my reads, I actually don't have that many strong townreads which was a little surprising, but I don't really have any strong scumreads either.
Spoiler:
Deacon Gamma
Firebringer(?) Dandelion
peta SS superbowl
skitter LLD

I don't really have any reads on A50, pisskop, or Pooky except for a declining scumread on Pooky that I need to look at again.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6092 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

that I really want to talk with bork about this shit.

Do you want the turnstile to be left alone tonight?

Part of me feels really stubborn about everything that we set out to do in the purple neighborhood night 1, but stomping some brakes feels like the right answer.

pedit yeah, that's a cheerful thought.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6093 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 6091, midwaybear wrote:I'm also surprised that I haven't really been pushed at all this game. I see that peta and bork are townreading me which might be a reason, but it could also just point to a scumteam that doesn't want to or need to take any action. I'm hoping it is the former, but we might be in trouble if it is the latter. I view myself pretty likely to be pushed in some capacity down the line though.
you've had 4 votes on you at one point this phase and were tied with pooky, lol

the people voting you just weren't very forceful about it
free crypto
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6094 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Maybe also because of the multi vote mechanic
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6095 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6092, Deacon Blues wrote:Part of me feels really stubborn about everything that we set out to do in the purple neighborhood night 1,
That plan didn't survivie first contact with the enemy. And honestly, so much of it was potentially off, that I don't know how we're gonna handle it today. I just kind of want to stile S_S, nuke pisskop from orbit, pray we get 2 of the 3 red flipping, and if not cry myself to sleep.

I don't know that my heart can take much more of this and at least one of the morph heads can be around to give Annie more scrutiny tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6096 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

2 of what 3?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6097 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 6089, Dandelion Wine wrote:I just wish this had come up again as a topic before threadlock on the other side.
i mean ...

(sorry, i'll stop with the 'i told you so's' now. but like to me this has all been kinda obvious for like 200 pages, i just couldn't get anything to happen abt it)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6098 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

No no, you deserve to rub it in our faces if we were wrong and you were right.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6099 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6095, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 6092, Deacon Blues wrote:Part of me feels really stubborn about everything that we set out to do in the purple neighborhood night 1,
That plan didn't survivie first contact with the enemy. And honestly, so much of it was potentially off, that I don't know how we're gonna handle it today.
I just kind of want to stile S_S, nuke pisskop from orbit, pray we get 2 of the 3 red flipping, and if not cry myself to sleep.

I don't know that my heart can take much more of this and at least one of the morph heads can be around to give Annie more scrutiny tomorrow.
This is where I'm at, but I feel like the boatload of data in the thread over the last 24-ish hours should maybe have swayed me further? I dunno.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”