Micro 992: Are You My Partner?

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.7Allison Hargreeves (2): , ,
Ben Hargreeves (2): , ,
Diego Hargreeves (1): ,
Pogo Hargreeves (0):
Five Hargreeves (0):
Klaus Hargreeves (0):
Luther Hargreeves (0):
Reginald Hargreeves (0):
Vanya Hargreeves (0):

Not Voting (4): Diego Hargreeves, Luther Hargreeves, Reginald Hargreeves, ,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate!

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-12 18:00:00)!

In post 197, Diego Hargreeves wrote:@mod are pogo and I allowed to create chess threads in the chess subforum and then treat those threads as part of this game?
You may not discuss this game in the chess subforum, nor are you allowed to post in any other portion of the site using your secret alt unless you have specifically been given permission to do so, such as in a personal notes PT or other PT provided over the course of the game. You may play chess (Or any other similar game) in this thread if you so desire, but I would request that you spoiler any board posts as a courtesy to your fellow players.
Last edited by Jingle on Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Ben Hargreeves
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by Ben Hargreeves »

In post 182, Diego Hargreeves wrote:love it when reaction tests get instant results :D
Diego, what reaction were you wanting and what did you end up getting from this
Diego Hargreeves
Diego Hargreeves
Goon
Diego Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Diego Hargreeves »

i am not good enough at mafia to think about the reactions i want from reaction tests i just wanted to judge them
Ben Hargreeves
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Ben Hargreeves »

In post 202, Diego Hargreeves wrote:i am not good enough at mafia to think about the reactions i want from reaction tests i just wanted to judge them
What did you get, then?
Diego Hargreeves
Diego Hargreeves
Goon
Diego Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:19 pm

the way you did not hesitate to unvote there tells me you are definitely town. scum wouldn't think to unvote that fast
Diego Hargreeves
Diego Hargreeves
Goon
Diego Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:24 pm

how did our accounts get the avatars?
Ben Hargreeves
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Ben Hargreeves »

In post 205, Diego Hargreeves wrote:how did our accounts get the avatars?
Anyone with avatars from Umbrella Academy were assigned, but you also were able to change your avatar once before the game started. Anyone without one of those, like myself, did that
Luther Hargreeves
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:37 pm

Post by Luther Hargreeves »

Based on re-reading the setup, I think Pogo may be town. My gut actually dislikes Vanya the most after re-ISOing everyone.

VOTE: Vanya

They have really not done any actual real sorting beyond what may look like a lazy vote but may have actually been an attempt at trying to possibly signal Ben. All of the more suspicious people in the game being Ben, Allison and Diego seem to be trying to sort, so I think Vanya sticks out by not doing any of that.
Pogo Hargreeves
Pogo Hargreeves
Goon
Pogo Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by Pogo Hargreeves »

Luther who has Diego sorted aside from Ben? I've not seen anything from him that couldn't have come from either alignment.
Allison Hargreeves
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:32 pm

Post by Allison Hargreeves »

I am personally much more suspicious of those who are doing actions like active sorting. Its a way to signal your play style in a very subtle way. In a non-anonymous game it's grossly not alignment telling regardless. Someone who is lurking is more than likely to be town afraid to slip their main, in my opinion.
Pogo Hargreeves
Pogo Hargreeves
Goon
Pogo Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:05 pm

If we RNG lynch the whole game and scum don't find each other, odds are scum still win.
Luther Hargreeves
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:11 pm

In post 209, Allison Hargreeves wrote:I am personally much more suspicious of those who are doing actions like active sorting. Its a way to signal your play style in a very subtle way. In a non-anonymous game it's grossly not alignment telling regardless. Someone who is lurking is more than likely to be town afraid to slip their main, in my opinion.
Nah, I think sorting is more likely a towntell than not. I think you maybe possibly confusing playstyles with sorting So I totally don’t get this take. Also if presumably a player has a unique town meta for example, wouldn’t they then be signaling that they’re not scum by this logic?

So you tr Vanya because they’re not doing anything?
Luther Hargreeves
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:14 pm

In post 208, Pogo Hargreeves wrote:Luther who has Diego sorted aside from Ben? I've not seen anything from him that couldn't have come from either alignment.
My vote isn’t set in stone but currently that is the player I’m most suspicious of. If my strongest townreads convince me to switch or if I feel I should move my vote I will but I find lazy votes suspicious.
Luther Hargreeves
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:16 pm

In post 210, Pogo Hargreeves wrote:If we RNG lynch the whole game and scum don't find each other, odds are scum still win.
Yeah and it’s posts like the one Allison just made as why she isn’t a strong townread for me.
Pogo Hargreeves
Pogo Hargreeves
Goon
Pogo Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:21 pm

In post 73, Ben Hargreeves wrote:Diego is still mafia by the way
Ben what happened to this stance? Does this no longer apply?
Allison Hargreeves
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Allison Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:24 pm

Post by Allison Hargreeves »

In post 211, Luther Hargreeves wrote:
In post 209, Allison Hargreeves wrote:I am personally much more suspicious of those who are doing actions like active sorting. Its a way to signal your play style in a very subtle way. In a non-anonymous game it's grossly not alignment telling regardless. Someone who is lurking is more than likely to be town afraid to slip their main, in my opinion.
Nah, I think sorting is more likely a towntell than not. I think you maybe possibly confusing playstyles with sorting So I totally don’t get this take. Also if presumably a player has a unique town meta for example, wouldn’t they then be signaling that they’re not scum by this logic?

In post 213, Luther Hargreeves wrote:
In post 210, Pogo Hargreeves wrote:If we RNG lynch the whole game and scum don't find each other, odds are scum still win.
Yeah and it’s posts like the one Allison just made as why she isn’t a strong townread for me.
With all due respect, and to preserve my main from becoming obvious, please abandon this line of bad logic should you be town here. Otherwise its clear that you were never interested in evaluating me honestly. Sorting bleeds playstyle. You do get the take, you are being purposefully ignorant. Colour me not surprised that your posts bleed an agenda.

Let's vote out mafia now. VOTE: Number 6
Luther Hargreeves
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:47 pm

In post 215, Allison Hargreeves wrote:
In post 211, Luther Hargreeves wrote:

In post 213, Luther Hargreeves wrote:
With all due respect, and to preserve my main from becoming obvious, please abandon this line of bad logic should you be town here. Otherwise its clear that you were never interested in evaluating me honestly. Sorting bleeds playstyle. You do get the take, you are being purposefully ignorant. Colour me not surprised that your posts bleed an agenda.

Let's vote out mafia now. VOTE: Number 6
No I disagree with you. I think you aren’t distinguishing actual sorting from playstyle type tells. Yes you are correct, it called trying to figure out who’s scum and your methods seem to involve giving townreads to players for not really doing anything. If I was convinced you were scum then I’d be voting you wouldn’t I? I’m saying your insistence that sorting can be possibly seen as scum indicative because it might possibly reveal one’s identity is farfetched in my opinion because if according to you a hypothetical player were to somehow telegraph their town meta would be scum indicative and that makes absolutely no sense to me.

I’m assuming that’s Ben right?
Luther Hargreeves
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:53 pm

In post 214, Pogo Hargreeves wrote:
@Ben who do you currently think is scum?

I’m currently townreading Klaus, Reggie, Five and Pogo. Allison is a null. I liked her adamant response to me even if I strongly disagree with the reasoning behind it.

So I guess it’s between Vanya, Ben and Diego probably.
Luther Hargreeves
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Luther Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:04 am

Actually #215 maybe slightly town indicative, so I don’t want to vote out Allison.
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Five Hargreeves »

VOTE: Vanya
Five Hargreeves
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Five Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Five Hargreeves »

Phone is really chugging slowly today and I lost text there. I read Vanyas ISO. Dislike.

Her bit about Ben claiming scum being a scum tell seems forced.
Ben Hargreeves
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:13 am

Post by Ben Hargreeves »

I don't agree with it any more, don't know how much I should expound
Ben Hargreeves
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:33 am

Post by Ben Hargreeves »

In post 217, Luther Hargreeves wrote:
@Ben who do you currently think is scum?

I’m currently townreading Klaus, Reggie, Five and Pogo. Allison is a null. I liked her adamant response to me even if I strongly disagree with the reasoning behind it.

So I guess it’s between Vanya, Ben and Diego probably.
I'm not sure who is scum, I find myself generally agreeing with your direction in reading the people you list as town, but when the conclusion is "scum is therefore between Vanya, Ben, and Diego" it makes me take a step back. Vanya has barely contributed, so while a scum read on them is probably warranted I'm not confident in it. I'm town. Diego I still need more from too.

Basically, your scum list is a townie and two people who haven't given enough to confidently read them. Which basically guarantees me there's some incorrect reads.

Let me do some ISOs in a bit and I'll give my reads
Ben Hargreeves
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Ben Hargreeves »

In post 93, Luther Hargreeves wrote:
In post 89, Ben Hargreeves wrote:luther, he's scum cause he posted an entry post and soon after ego posted with his main so their partner knows who they are

this is my theory at least
Yeah that’s definitely bad. I almost did the converse but then realized I would be outing who I was, so yeah. I like your avatar eventhough Jingle chose it. It’s Diane Nyugen in case anyone cares.

We are all warned against doing that and you absolutely shouldn’t if your town and if you do an ego post on your main, you should wait a reasonable amount of time, so no one ties it to your alt. I didn’t primarily because I didn’t want to risk main slipping.
I just saw this post. I actually did choose my avatar, thanks
Ben Hargreeves
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Ben Hargreeves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Ben Hargreeves »

While reading ISOs and such I thought about a problem I might have with reads. I said "I'm scum" or whatever at the start of the game for fun, who knows maybe a mafia wasted their day ability on me because of that. But either way a lot of people took it a bit serious. I wonder if the mafia may have been inclined to town read me after seeing that, thinking I'm their partner

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”