Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6675 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I am strongly town reading Dandelion Wine and I know both heads stated they currently have other priorities but they need to get out of the neighborhood and start doing shit in here TIA
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6676 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 6674, Spiffeh wrote:Writing off A50 is such an unreasonable and ridiculous take given the state of the game and anyone my A50 scum read against me is bad or just scum

Even if you're townreading him, he has 27 posts in this thread and significant reevaluation should be taking place given we haven't hit scum once. He can no longer be written off because "oh that's A50".

Yes I have not cased him or really elaborated on my read there and I should do that, but that's no excuse for shutting me down every time I ask why he's being town read when at this point we should be
ENCOURAGING engagement with him given he has done jack shit
quoting for visibility
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6677 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by petapan »

we havent hit scum and you propose we significantly reevaluate by voting your one read you have had almost all game, the low poster

arent you supposed to be like good at scumhunting or something
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6678 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler:
In post 5166, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5160, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 5153, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5149, Deacon Blues wrote:What was your A50 read coming into this convo?
hard null
And now?
need to interact with him some more + knowing what prompted the initial townread would be helpful. holding off for a bit
In post 5169, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5167, Deacon Blues wrote:And you think giving him an indefinite amount of time to scour your iso for good posts to call townread will be helpful in a bit?
this doesn't even make sense with how you're reading me and him but whatever

he's p good at reading me, and i wanna see if the posts he pulls out are ones that actually make sense for him (in particular) to townread me off of
like if he pulls out ones that i think he would actually townread me off (i.e. as opposed to generically town ones), than i probably end up townreading him
In post 5177, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5170, Deacon Blues wrote:And thought about what town-me would want out of the interaction.

I don't know your past encounters or how you'd find each other as town, though.

from a generic town v unknown perspective it looked rather trusting.
we have loads of (not super recent) experience together; like at least 15 games. but i havne't been as active in 2020 and i dont' think he's played much at all in like a year.
i used to be able to townread him correctly off of like 3 posts; i used to have a whole writeup to get people to believe me when i locktowned him after he posted like twice. i'm getting like nothing off of him here tho. idk if that's indicative of his playstyle changing upon coming back, or if it's scum indicative of him. i need to get a better sense for what he's actually thinking of here and why and i don't have that yet.
he used to not read me as easily so seeing what's actually prompting the townread on me would be helpful and would help a lot in sorting him and i think woudl give me the insight i need into how he's approaching this game, which in turn should help me read him
In post 5186, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5180, Deacon Blues wrote:and I feel like if your concerns were genuine you wouldn't want to give him a whole lot of time to find the post or posts that generated the townread.

maybe pressuring players in the moment isn't part of your repertoire?

Someone here or in the other thread can probably opine about that.
i mean he'll either be able to pull up the right posts or not, it's kinda binary, and i don't think a time limit will help or make me think the read is more 'real'

like if he's scum having a long time to pour over my iso probably won't help that much; he'll either have a good reason for townreading me or not and i don't think that having time is going to change that
In post 5299, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5147, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5144, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5130, skitter30 wrote:sorry, a50 did you answer: is your read on me largely from my claim or is it also cuz of play?
I said it was your earlier posts BEFORE you claimed. I missed the claim. I had no idea you claimed later on. I had a TR on you when I stopped reading this thread. HOWEVER, your claim was believable to me (I really can't tell if the claim strengthened the TR or if the TR was the reason I believed the claim)
ah ok thanks. as a followup i'd want to know which posts prompted the townread at some point - dont' feel like you need to do this rn, i know this game is big and my iso is long, but i would like this at some point :)
I'll see what I can do.

this was the same reason I TR'd Spiffeh (and first hint you were some sort of a PR). Scum do NOT want to bring attention unto themselves by suggesting they want to be turnstiled this early. (I would expect them to either lay low about it until it's brought up as a discussion subject and then declaring they "don't mind" being turnstiled, or waiting for someone else to actually suggest they should be turnstiled, or even have another Scum buddy propose it if no townie does it)

This came right next to the above. Your confusion about how the voting works in this timeline earned you town points (as opposed to -say- you asking first, which
could
have been faked)

is an amendment to the previous point. Scum you would have probably pretended not to understand the multi-voting concept either. Your behaviour around this whole thing made me believe you are legit confused and not faking it (scum you would have made sure to ask in the scum PT and to discuss with your scum buddies beforehand too)

Also, you having your own reads on the other thread and being willing to defend them contributed, as scum!you would have been a bit too nervous and more focused on establishing your own "town image" in your own timeline.

This one sealed it. I stopped worrying about you after this. If the turnstile plan was proposed/promoted by your team, you would have probably been against it
because
of using the turnstile as a second elim. I don't see how you would be OK (not completely as you still cald it a wild goose chase, but still at ease) after the idea of using the turnstile as a second eviction tool idea was proposed.

Now if it was proposed/promoted by town (and scum!you would know where it originated) you would have used it to your benefit by shading the people wjo were promoting it.

Oh, and on top of it all: I have never seen Scum!you being wagoned hard on D1. Granted I only saw you play scum in a game or two, but I was your TM2019 team member, so I probably would have seen through your effort to "obv!town" which -in result- never gets you under pressure that early.

@spiffeh i think the above adequately explains my a50 read
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #6679 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

UNVOTE: pooky too
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6680 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6673, skitter30 wrote:It basically reads like that scumtell that happens when scum kill the cop and a scumz's first post of the day is 'oh no the cop is dead'. Just like very fake and mourning the obvious

I believe quite strongly that it should have been apparent well before the a50 turnstile that the plan was never going to work. Regretting that you took part in it after it obviously failed is like 'too little too late' for me, esp as that post didnt really obviously lead you to trying to solve more or try to figure out where you were going wrong as best as i can remember

~

I have finally gotten to a p strong townread om dandelion and my townread on deacon is waning

Pedit @spiffeh
I'm probably voting you to go to the forwards thread when it's all said and done. I was all in on it at the start of this day. We have widely variant reads on some key players. And they happen to be strong reads apparently for both of us. You townreading dandelion is a good thing, though. I'm a little surprised scum reads have cropped up on them, though notsci getting paranoid about Cabd isn't surprising.

I don't want to be a Chaos goddess in this game. In fact I don't want to be one in any game, ever.

This game is pushing me hard in that direction, though. bork and I really need to sync. might reel me back in from the edge.

I wonder how I would have fared in the tea and crumpets thread.
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6681 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm asking all of you to reevaluate your town reads on him

I am open to reevaluating my read there too, evidenced by my several requests for reasons why people are townreading him that have gone unanswered

He is a scum read that has had literally no attention so this is actually the time to shove him down everyone's throats
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6682 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 6679, skitter30 wrote:UNVOTE: pooky too
talked yourself into it or?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6683 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 6681, Spiffeh wrote:I'm asking all of you to reevaluate your town reads on him

I am open to reevaluating my read there too, evidenced by my several requests for reasons why people are townreading him that have gone unanswered

He is a scum read that has had literally no attention so this is actually the time to shove him down everyone's throats
because i read him in the other thread and he is not scummy. he was just kind of there and trying to contribute where he could. plus the way he's played his role isn't how someone with an informed perspective would play it
free crypto
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6684 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

petapan I don't understand why you don't recognize that you can have a scum read on me and also not shit on every single attempt I make to push A50 into the limelight?

Maybe allowing A50 to respond to my pressure himself would help you get a more solid read on both of us?

But you're concerned with painting literally everything I do in a scummy light so I guess that thought hasn't crossed your mind :)
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6685 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

town reads on petapan are no longer tolerated
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6686 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Superbowl, you asked me what I wanted you to do.

I answered.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #6687 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ffery no offense but your hydra, along with cabd's, has sufficiently managed to screw up the mechanics of this game in abt 6 different ways, and at some point i gotta start wondering if that's intentional, esp as we've gotten exactly 0 scum off of it thus far.

Spiffeh unless u can convince me why my a50 read is wrong, i see little reason to reevaluate. You coming in here and having your one scumread be the low content poster for vague, unexplained, reasons is not super impressive and not really inspiring confidence
Show
Hiatus once more.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6688 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6685, Spiffeh wrote:town reads on petapan are no longer tolerated
gonna hard disagree mr spiffey
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6689 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by petapan »

i'm literally a mason
free crypto
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6690 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

ffery what are your thoughts on peta's recent posting?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6691 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

You are soooo not the boss of me.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6692 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6691, Deacon Blues wrote:
You are soooo not the boss of me.
u have to say it in a sassy way
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #6693 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 6682, petapan wrote:
At the point where voting everyone i dont have a sufficiently strong tr on makes sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6694 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 6693, skitter30 wrote:
In post 6682, petapan wrote:
At the point where voting everyone i dont have a sufficiently strong tr on makes sense
glad to hear it tbh b/c i looked at the other thread and decided he probably makes sense
free crypto
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6695 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Skitter I think that's fair and I appreciate you actually engaging me about it instead of just JUST calling my read bad and everything I do scummy like your pal PETAPAN

I want A50 to engage with the thread before I commit there obviously, but you're free to peruse my ISO early on in Forwards for my reasons for scum reading him

Even though you'll probably call them bad :(
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6696 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

skitter's approach to me here has been p. town actually

Maybe Bell is the scum in that pair after all!
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6697 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6690, Spiffeh wrote:ffery what are your thoughts on peta's recent posting?
Rather than talk about peta directly, I'd like to talk about your A50 read. I can see a world where A50 is a scum tracker based on him targeting Dunn. And I feel like three amnesiac investigatives are a LOT. I don't think it's a slam dunk, though. I'm not bought into peta's world view, but I'm not scumreading him for it.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6698 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 6696, Spiffeh wrote:skitter's approach to me here has been p. town actually
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Show

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #6699 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Spiffeh »