Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 965, OutWorldER wrote:leading a shit-push against an LHF slot and then immediately opening the second day by pushing another LHF slot that protested that same wagon

yeah okay

VOTE: Frogsterking

I'm pretty confident on Frogster/Bugspray now, but I'm holding off on pushing them for the time being since I want them to share info from Amelie's hood, assuming their claim is real (if they get CC'd they're getting turbo-elimmed immediately though).
Actually I don't think Mafia would be quite that blatant, so I'm thinking Frogster is town and just really off-base here. I'm more convinced that bugspray is Mafia and the Mafia came out swinging hard today. I'm very suspicious of Galron now.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 974, Grendel wrote:*@ALL*

Looking over yesterday I'd love some GtH reads on Luca, Momrangul, and Trendel from anybody available to do so
Without re-reading at all: Town, Mafia, Mafia?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 849, Amélie wrote:Town: bugspray, Momrangal, ORAM
Null: OutWorldER, Lunar Martian, Trendall, Frogsterking, NoPowerOverMe, Galron
Scum: Gamma Emerald, Luca Blight, Lunar Martian, Grendel
My guess would be she targeted Frogster.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 972, Grendel wrote:Did Amélie crumb who she was gonna visit last night? (I sincerely doubt mafia intentionally chose to target her)

Bug spray, who else is in the neighbor hood?
i'll check...
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by bugspray »

i dont see anything in her iso about that
revealing who is in the hood is smth i onlty wanna do if all inside are on board

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

Thanks, i think this info could be very useful if they agree.

Also, Did Amilie out or hint her role in the neighborhood?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 977, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 849, Amélie wrote:Town: bugspray, Momrangal, ORAM
Null: OutWorldER, Lunar Martian, Trendall, Frogsterking, NoPowerOverMe, Galron
Scum: Gamma Emerald, Luca Blight, Lunar Martian, Grendel
My guess would be she targeted Frogster.
Hmm...

I guess Frogster was the most town looking player in general by EoD last night. So Amiele could resolve if Frog was town that he would be hit. That is a decent bet.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

Looking over yesterday I'd love some GtH reads on Luca, Momrangul, and Trendel from anybody available to do so
Im reposting this near page top so that its less likely to be over looked.

Also thanks Lunar
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by bugspray »

there's info on the hood that im reluctant to share publicly because if scum isn't in it it would be good for them to know

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Town, Mafia, Town
This is just off recall not any current thought process
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 966, Frogsterking wrote:I think D1 may have been an off-wagon day. I put your slot in null because I'm most open to re-evaluating you.

Can you elaborate any more on what appeared to be a fairly strong town read on ORAM, OutWorldER?
It was never a strong townread, or even a townread at all but the slot was blatant LHF that never said or did anything too egregious. I would've been open to limming it on future days had ORAM continued with that but at that time bugspray appeared far scummier with a clear mafia agenda visible in their posts. The fact that you dodged the points I made against them and blatantly approached me in bad faith at the end of the day only gives me further confidence in pushing you two.

I assume by "D1 may have been an off-wagon day" you mean you think scum were off-wagon? I'd like to hear your reasoning on that, or what you mean if that's not the case.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

@bugs
I think that you know the best way to handle the situation.
In post 965, OutWorldER wrote:leading a shit-push against an
LHF
slot and then immediately opening the second day by pushing another
LHF
slot that protested that same wagon

yeah okay

VOTE: Frogsterking

I'm pretty confident on Frogster/Bugspray now, but I'm holding off on pushing them for the time being since I want them to share info from Amelie's hood, assuming their claim is real (if they get CC'd they're getting turbo-elimmed immediately though).
Can someone tell me what this acronym stands for? LHF?
In post 972, Grendel wrote:Did Amélie crumb who she was gonna visit last night?
(I sincerely doubt mafia intentionally chose to target her)

Bug spray, who else is in the neighbor hood?
I disagree, I was worried that she was going to night killed, she was obv towning and killing her leaves a little bit of ambiguity about the sanctity of the town block. Makes me suspect Lunar more.

GtH: Luca town, Momrangul town, Trendel scum

Luca: Poses a huge a threat because of the possibility of being deep scum. Seems like he may have some acting or fine arts background because of his ability to portray mental states of mind from his town play while scum. I meta dove him and found some things that made me think he was town this game. For one thing, Luca is a bit of an anomaly because he actually posts MORE as scum. My interactions with him felt very townie. My instinct is to trust, and I think the susceptibility of his account to meta diving is a reason to want him in the end game.

Momrangul: I think that Momrangul may also pose a huge threat as deep scum. I picked up on a very clear intuitive signal when I first read her opening post, that she is tactical, and I've lost many games in the past because of players like this. My interactions with her felt very townie and she's town told clearly in multiple instances IMO. I think she's town.

Trendel: He hasn't managed to town tell a single time this game FMPOV. I guess there was a moment when he was being cooperative with Momrangul and voted OutWorldER, I'm curious whether Momrangul felt this was a townie interaction. He did say that he's all-neuroticism in his response to the SSS so maybe he is nervous. He's sort of playing the "Anti Town" archetype but doesn't seem like he's enjoying it very much. Posts just enough to not be the least active player. My instinct is that he's scum.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 985, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 966, Frogsterking wrote:I think D1 may have been an off-wagon day. I put your slot in null because I'm most open to re-evaluating you.

Can you elaborate any more on what appeared to be a fairly strong town read on ORAM, OutWorldER?
It was never a strong townread, or even a townread at all but the slot was blatant LHF that never said or did anything too egregious. I would've been open to limming it on future days had ORAM continued with that but at that time bugspray appeared far scummier with a clear mafia agenda visible in their posts. The fact that you dodged the points I made against them and blatantly approached me in bad faith at the end of the day only gives me further confidence in pushing you two.

I assume by "D1 may have been an off-wagon day" you mean you think scum were off-wagon? I'd like to hear your reasoning on that, or what you mean if that's not the case.
I'm not sure what LHF means, also, there were four reasons I townread bugs at the conclusion of D1:

a) Their claim seemed real.
b) They have a tendency to be miseliminated, especially as pr apparently. I knew this before I even played with bugs because another player mentioned it in an earlier game.
c) bugs pointed out Lunar's soft in-thread and (if it's real) if they were scum they would have shut up about it. It was a moment that was such a strong town tell it made me reconsider.
d) Amelie who I had just resorted as town had bugs as a strong townread.

Because of the soft pointed out in c) I was looking to D1 another player other than Lunar or bugs now, and my scum team at the time was Lunar/ORAM/bugs so it made sense through process of elimination.

I was very intentionally provoking you by approaching in bad faith because you're guarded and your slot is difficult to read and you did not take my test so I do not know if this is AI. I believed you might be raging about your scum partner when you called ORAM/agb a lurking fuck that would never help you. I also have seen scum use a very similar line about a lurker who was not their partner. Once you used that line, I had you as obv scum. During N1 I self-reflected and decided my read of you was not based on evidence, that's why I'm open to resorting your slot.

I believe scum may have been off-wagon because I don't think scum are anxious to jump onto a wagon that might cost them town cred. I think from scums point of view EoD1, if they do nothing, then either there's a nolim or a town gets lynched.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 985, OutWorldER wrote:

I guess what I'm getting at about the bad faith thing is that the intent was tactical and for sorting, not to shade you or for personal reasons.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

LHF = Low-hanging fruit.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:32 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 986, Frogsterking wrote:He did say that he's all-neuroticism in his response to the SSS so maybe he is nervous.
Maybe I just can't be bothered because I find your personality stuff unbearable to read. What would I be 'nervous' about sitting at home on my laptop posting on an online forum? I'm like, somebody who barely ever gets nervous, 'neuroticism' comes in a lot of different forms. But you've completely free associated away from your personality type results there and are just speculating, making wrong assumptions, completely using your own imagination while using the language of the personality tests to try and justify and give credence to the fact that all of these observations about people you're making are complete fantasies you're inventing in your own head which don't map onto reality in any significant way whatsoever. Which you've been doing all game and it's like...I can't tell you how this is just my least favourite thing.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Scum probably has some power so they probably figured town has some power and were worried about getting tracked/watched to Frog.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Bugs pointing out Lunar's TPR soft can go either way. I can see it as how you described it but your discarding the very real possibility of Mafia Traitor I brought up EoD1. I think there's a definite possibility of them pointing out targets in-thread, especially with them also pointing to Galron/NPOM openly. It's why I'm pretty sure Lunar is town, though I'll admit my reasoning for TRing him is mostly conjecture.

It's why I'm very wary of the Backup Neighbor claim. I could easily see a mod using that as a way to have a Traitor be "recruited" so to speak into the main mafia group.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 990, Trendall wrote:
In post 986, Frogsterking wrote:He did say that he's all-neuroticism in his response to the SSS so maybe he is nervous.
Maybe I just can't be bothered because I find your personality stuff unbearable to read. What would I be 'nervous' about sitting at home on my laptop posting on an online forum? I'm like, somebody who barely ever gets nervous, 'neuroticism' comes in a lot of different forms. But you've completely free associated away from your personality type results there and are just speculating, making wrong assumptions, completely using your own imagination while using the language of the personality tests to try and justify and give credence to the fact that all of these observations about people you're making are complete fantasies you're inventing in your own head which don't map onto reality in any significant way whatsoever. Which you've been doing all game and it's like...I can't tell you how this is just my least favourite thing.
There's been a thought in the back of my mind since the beginning that Frogster just threw out the OCEAN test shit to look smart and accumulate early TR's while being able to throw out a bunch of nonsense to justify his pushes. Securing that thought in my mind is that he himself never shared his results and didn't even link a test in the beginning, refusing to, for some reason. It all seems in very bad faith.

That and the wagon yesterday make-up why I'm voting him right now.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:54 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 993, OutWorldER wrote:There's been a thought in the back of my mind since the beginning that Frogster just threw out the OCEAN test shit to look smart and accumulate early TR's while being able to throw out a bunch of nonsense to justify his pushes. Securing that thought in my mind is that he himself never shared his results and didn't even link a test in the beginning, refusing to, for some reason. It all seems in very bad faith.
The only thing that stops me thinking that any of this is suspicious is that years and years back I used to spend a lot of time talking to people in personality type communities and so on online, and they literally all talk exactly like that, it's the weirdest thing. Which is why it's ironic that the player called me an 'archetype' somewhere earlier on in the game. Like you can think it's scummy behaviour, but it's identical to the behaviour of somebody who has discovered personality types for the first time and thinks they're the ultimate explanation for everything and are relevant in every situation involving people ever.

Because my point was like...why did they not get us to all do the same test if they were that serious about it? Why get different people to pick their own unverified internet tests which could throw up entirely different results? It all seems like it's not being done in good faith and the person's mafia, absolutely. But then go on to a personality type forum and talk to a couple of them and you see the same sorts of phenomena. This is just how people who have recently got into personality types are, like they don't think.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:10 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 994, Trendall wrote:
In post 993, OutWorldER wrote:There's been a thought in the back of my mind since the beginning that Frogster just threw out the OCEAN test shit to look smart and accumulate early TR's while being able to throw out a bunch of nonsense to justify his pushes. Securing that thought in my mind is that he himself never shared his results and didn't even link a test in the beginning, refusing to, for some reason. It all seems in very bad faith.
The only thing that stops me thinking that any of this is suspicious is that years and years back I used to spend a lot of time talking to people in personality type communities and so on online, and they literally all talk exactly like that, it's the weirdest thing. Which is why it's ironic that the player called me an 'archetype' somewhere earlier on in the game. Like you can think it's scummy behaviour, but it's identical to the behaviour of somebody who has discovered personality types for the first time and thinks they're the ultimate explanation for everything and are relevant in every situation involving people ever.

Because my point was like...why did they not get us to all do the same test if they were that serious about it? Why get different people to pick their own unverified internet tests which could throw up entirely different results? It all seems like it's not being done in good faith and the person's mafia, absolutely. But then go on to a personality type forum and talk to a couple of them and you see the same sorts of phenomena. This is just how people who have recently got into personality types are, like they don't think.
You sound like my dad after I beat him at chess lol.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 992, OutWorldER wrote:Bugs pointing out Lunar's TPR soft can go either way. I can see it as how you described it but your discarding the very real possibility of Mafia Traitor I brought up EoD1. I think there's a definite possibility of them pointing out targets in-thread, especially with them also pointing to Galron/NPOM openly. It's why I'm pretty sure Lunar is town, though I'll admit my reasoning for TRing him is mostly conjecture.

It's why I'm very wary of the Backup Neighbor claim. I could easily see a mod using that as a way to have a Traitor be "recruited" so to speak into the main mafia group.
I think that your theory makes sense and that sounds like a good setup. I wasn't really thinking about that possibility because bugs behavior afterword made me think they were town. Like if bugs got promoted to the town hood instead of the scum hood and they are traitor why not share what they learned here in-thread? I will keep your idea in the back of my mind because it sounds like a possibility.
In post 993, OutWorldER wrote:
There's been a thought in the back of my mind since the beginning that
Frogster just threw out the OCEAN test shit to look smart and accumulate early TR's
while being able to throw out a bunch of nonsense to justify his pushes. Securing that thought in my mind is that
he himself never shared his results and didn't even link a test in the beginning
, refusing to, for some reason. It all seems in very bad faith.

That and the wagon yesterday make-up why I'm voting him right now.
a) In a best-case scenario I expected to get TRed for it because it gave town more information to work with and eventually lead to a D1 scum lynch, and in a worst-case scenario I expected to get no engagement and eventually be lynched for it. I wasn't sure which way it would skew.

b) By the time I realized I hadn't posted my own results I wasn't sure if it was wanted. FMPOV when I see a player suggesting an RQS for example I'm not as interested in their own results because I felt like I learned about them from the questions they came up with. I can definitely answer it now if anyone would like.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Trendall here is a link to the OCEAN community lol. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=e ... odel&btnG=

Trendall in a nutshell:
In post 51, Trendall wrote:Slating personality tests is really one of those 'world's most non-controversial opinions' things, where you'll get like ten people all agreeing with each other saying 'personality tests are so dumb!', as if each individual one thinks they're this lone minority voice crusading against the hordes of people who love personality tests. Then if you engage with them they'll tell you that people can't be put into boxes.
In post 995, Frogsterking wrote:
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:44 am

Post by Trendall »

I love personality tests and all this sort of thing, I just think the way that you in particular are trying to apply them to this game is bad.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:16 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 998, Trendall wrote:I love personality tests and all this sort of thing, I just think the way that you in particular are trying to apply them to this game is bad.
It sounds like your opinion is just the null hypothesis and you're providing some value here by being the devil's advocate, or as I said earlier the Anti-Town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”