Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1073, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1069, Luca Blight wrote:I looked through the mini normal archives and the only game that had two backups of the same role was a game that had two backup IC's, but no actual IC, so not really comparable to this game.

There have been four members of the hood in total now, right? It would be highly unusual if they were all Town.
I’m not entirely enthused by this mindset regarding the hood
Imo neighborhoods shouldn’t be used as a PoE subset where someone
has to be
scum in it
It would be unusual to have an all-Town hood in this scenario imo, but I realise such things can be deliberately included in games to mislead. I once played a normal with a backup Tracker, and a scum who was informed of there being a backup Tracker, but no actual Tracker in the game, which lead to some confusing scenes.

I'd be happy to get away from the neighborhood spec until later in the game when more info about the setup will be available.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1069, Luca Blight wrote:I looked through the mini normal archives and the only game that had two backups of the same role was a game that had two backup IC's, but no actual IC, so not really comparable to this game.

There have been four members of the hood in total now, right? It would be highly unusual if they were all Town.
has to be
scum in it
Is this why you didn't have much of a reaction to Bug claiming the same role as you yesterday?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

What are you thinking, Grendel?

What's your read on Bugs currently?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

And why did you specifically ask for reads about me, Trendall and Momrangal earlier?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1060, bugspray wrote:gamma was added to the hood at the same time as me and claims to be backup
there is a claimed town investigative role (which one is unclear) that claims to have a green light on npom
I really wish you hadnt outted the info about an investigative in the nieghborhood. Knowing who is in the hood would've helpped me slove the game i think. But now you cant do that without narrowing the PoE for scum hunting town prs significantly. Even if scum are in neighborhood they would be flightly about killing other neighbor prs if they knew it wasnt public knowledge. I dont want to be rude, but this could've been done much better. -.-;

Whats your read on Momrangual?

-/-/-/-

Bugs i still town lean. IM just annoyed is all.

-/-/-/-

Pre-edit

Im thinking a lot of things. Most of which im not ready to talk about since they dont feel "right" to me. If that makes sense.
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1076, Grendel wrote:

has to be
scum in it
Is this why you didn't have much of a reaction to Bug claiming the same role as you yesterday?
Yeah
Plus there is Mini 1838 as a strong reminder that town can have duplicate roles
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:41 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1038, Luca Blight wrote:
@Grendel
: Momrangal is one of the slots I fully intend on reviewing today.
Will you be looking at her soon?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Yes, I'm just doing some online work and I'll get to it after I'm finished.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:45 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1080, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1076, Grendel wrote:

has to be
scum in it
Yeah
Plus there is Mini 1838 as a strong reminder that town can have duplicate roles
Haha is that the one with double aseptic townies? I thought about that too when i saw the the double back-up neighbors.

Man i played like crap that game.
Luca Blight wrote:Yes, I'm just doing some online work and I'll get to it after I'm finished.
Thank you
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by Grendel »

*@Anybody who knows*

What is George Bailey's mod meta? Does he favor mindgame-y set ups?
but why?

V/LA most Sundays.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think he enjoys making puzzle box setups? Ones with a lot of moving parts to them. FYI this is only off 1 completed GBmod game but it was enough of an example to make me think that was his mindset
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:52 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 1070, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t like calling it a recruit
That sounds like someone picked us out to join the hood, when it was just RNG that enabled that
Really? What's the randomness involved?
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

has to be
scum in it
And yet it seems likely that someone is. You trying to encourage us not to think so makes me question you. A few Gamma posts recently have really made me question my thinking about Gamma.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:55 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

has to be
scum in it
And yet it seems likely that someone is. You trying to encourage us not to think so makes me question you. A few Gamma posts recently have really made me question my thinking about Gamma.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

This is pretty interesting, especially should Bugs flip scum:
In post 266, Momrangal wrote:VOTE: busy

I can hop on that wagon too
Momrangal, who was voting Outworld, puts Bugs on 4 votes, which is clearly leading wagon at this point.
In post 267, Momrangal wrote:VOTE: outworlder

But this works better. Pressure isn't going to work on that slot I don't think and I would rather push against someone who is more probable scum
Then she immediately switches her vote back to Outworld, who no-one else is voting. This quick vote-switching can be a cheap scum distancing tool.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:39 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 311, Momrangal wrote:VOTE: NPOM

I wonder what this'll do
In post 468, Momrangal wrote:
In post 463, NoPowerOverMe wrote:
In post 458, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 456, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Ok, I was just making sure that the claim was bs like I thought it was.

The only people that have an issue with it are those outside the block.
Who are the five people in it?
Me
Galron
Grendal
Frog
Gamma
Frog is still pushing you as scum here, but I do agree. The pushes against you are not only crappy as fuck but they are targeted at the largest voice within the block and someone who, if left alive could win us the game

I don't see the progression here. One of the people pushing NPOM was Momrangal herself, who gave absolutely no reasoning at all for her vote. Also, one of these 'crappy' pushes against NPOM came from Bugs, who Momrangal seemingly doesn't want to suspect or pressurize.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 521, Momrangal wrote:
It should feel like that because I have been doing questionable things all day trying to get people react.

Like voting NPOM after saying he was town several times

But OWER is a legitimate scum read here and trendall could be playing with me here
Oh, I've just seen this, which somewhat sheds some light on the above.

I need to reflect a little more on this.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:45 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I don't really like reaction testing like that. I don't think it's necessary when there's already a lot of content being produced. It just makes you harder to read.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:03 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 924, Momrangal wrote:
In post 873, Amélie wrote:No one here is willing to elim anyone except you and bugspray.

This isn't true, and no I'm not counter-claiming bugs here. Most wagons that have been put on the table today have had support for them, and votes moving towards them.

At the same time, I'm having a harder time convincing OWER to take off.

I would like to see a Lunar scum flip here, tbh because it brings clarity to two other slots in my opinion
She really hasn't given a good reason to vote Outworld, though, as far as I can see. is the only real reason, based on a post from Outworld on page 9, and it really isn't very compelling. She's ridden this scumread ever since then.

Some of Momrangal's points against Lunar late D1 were Ok.

Overall I still have her as null-scum. I do think she could be protecting Bugs. Otherwise, there's not much scummy behaviour to report, but not a lot that strikes me as Townie either.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1086, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 1070, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t like calling it a recruit
That sounds like someone picked us out to join the hood, when it was just RNG that enabled that
Really? What's the randomness involved?
Role generation
As for solving in the hood yes there numerically is a decent chance but I think that’s a good way to kill a lot of town fast too if we’re wrong (either that scum in the hood in the first place, or who the scum in it is). I think we should not be voting in the hood exclusively. If that’s a supporting point that’s better.
<Embrace The Void>

Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:57 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 1079, Grendel wrote:Knowing who is in the hood would've helpped me slove the game i think. But now you cant do that without narrowing the PoE for scum hunting town prs significantly.
If you're going to 'solve the game', then actually he can, and it makes no difference because town will just eliminate all the mafia anyway. Like you tell us who the mafia are, we eliminate one tonight, then they kill a PR, then we get the second mafia, then...until we have won. So actually the only remaining thing that needs to happen in this game is that bugs tells Grendel who's in the neighbourhood and we're only a few posts away from this game being done and dusted.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:04 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1014, Galron wrote:I'm still agnostic on Bugs tbh, probably town lean. Their willingness to share info from the hood but only after getting the okay doesn't seem like something mafia would do.
This is flawed reasoning. What would scum!Bugs gain from immediately outing the info in the thread, when they could inform their buddies through the day chat anyway?

The only thing this point does is counter the argument that Bugs is scum!traitor, but even that's a bit of a stretch.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:47 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm standing by my behavioral reads that scum are mostly or completely in Lunar/bugs/OutWorldER/Trendall, and that they're now attempting to dig themselves out of the priority of elimination. I think Lunar and OutWorldER are demonstrating this behavior the most clearly.

Lunar's surprising and compelling case on Trendall followed by Trendall's reaction is definitely my favorite thing I've seen all game, and made them both look worse IMO.

I didn't really read Gamma as scum at ALL yesterday but being traitor I could see more so.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 718, Momrangal wrote:
In post 714, Amélie wrote:Grendel officially moved back down to scum. I just don't like what I'm seeing. Feel like this is a great way to try to pocket Lunar Martian. I just don't like it.
He was at L-1 with an intended hammer.

I asked you earlier, who do you even think is the scum that was commandeering that wagon?
In post 818, Momrangal wrote:
In post 812, Frogsterking wrote:Well it looks like you're both in your early 20s so scratch that theory out.
Replace chronological age with mafia age. There is an unnatural amount if irration and useage of energy trying to keep up with the newer generation of mafia

Including an irritation at you for dropping amelie down to null- maybe scum
In post 820, Momrangal wrote:
In post 775, NoPowerOverMe wrote:VOTE: Trendall
I prefer OWER over Trendall especially if Lunar is scum here. The fact that he doesn't mind OWER and Trendall but votes Trendalls smaller wagon over OWERS larger wagon at the time (by a vote or two) feels like he's trying to push a CW to a possible partner only to leave himself open to bus him towards the end to reduce the association between the two of them.
In post 823, Momrangal wrote:Grendel, how do you feel about Lunar stating he doesn't mind offing OWER and Trendall yet choosing the smaller wagon betwen the two?
In post 824, Momrangal wrote:
In post 806, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 777, Amélie wrote:You recently said you reviewed my posting and thought me town. Then soon after I moved you to my scum reads and this post followed.
Can you talk to me about how you are thinking?
That isn’t an accurate representation of the timeline
I feel like it’s hard to parse out what factors into your reads so they come across as baseless and random

Amelie is a bit disorganized but, she posts stream of thought posts in the attempt or organize and communicate her thoughts and ideas which I maintain is difficult for newer scum to do. It looks like to me that her mind is moving much faster than she is able to get down on paper and it does show that she is trying to solve a puzzle vs trying to manipulate the situation to make it look like she is solving a puzzle.
I think Momrangal is town in these posts above because of her line of questioning on Amelie, breaking up the TvT, and what appear to be genuine solving attempts.

I think there are more reasons to believe Momrangal is town but this is enough for me at the moment. If she is scum then she is playing for VERY deep scum in my opinion because the quotes above are really furthering a town agenda.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Trendall »

In post 1097, Frogsterking wrote:Lunar's surprising and compelling case on Trendall
Which to reiterate is 'Trendall had a townread on me and is therefore mafia'

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”