Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7750 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7749, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 7747, Firebringer wrote:THE AMOUNT OF UPS AND DOWNS ON THIS ROLLERCOASTER
this rollercoaster only goes straight down
wheres the bottom
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7751 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7705, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7698, skitter30 wrote:events that happened didn't feel natural
you can go into more detail on this in particular, sure

-b
tldr is basically:
the purple room keeps being put to use in ways that just isn't helping town? the obvious egregious example is spiffeh + superbowl. at the start of day2 cabd came in and was like 'we did something mysterious that is going to help town loads! we need to purple room superbowl and spiffeh' and it eventually unfolded that this was because there was a Super Secret Turnstile in the purple room and they would get to turnstile. i don't remember offhand the reasoning they gave for superbowl (strong pr?) and the reasonign for spiffeh iirc was 'imperium wasn't townrading them that strongly and we wanted to make sure we helped clear the forward thread if possible'. so that would imply that they had some suspicion of spiffeh and the fact that turnstiling him would activate his pr is a nice plus.

ok but now fastforward to day3:
where is that suspicion of spiffeh
? why hasn't there been any followup on that read? like that's why they picked spiffeh from that timeline,right? sooooo what happened to doing anything about it now that he's here?

if we look at this whole spiffeh/super bowl thing, what did we actually get out of it? activating some prs of either aligment, who are now both suspicious in their respective threads. this isn't inherently +town, given that we dont' know what either of their alignments are, and could have been +scum if either of them were scum, since their role got activated. cabd acted like it was obvious this was a good thing, but just, why?

like cabd is supposed to be good at mechanics and stuff, right? why, after all of these machinations, has none of these appreciably helped town in any way? we spent two days on a dumb 'clearing the forward timeline of scum plan' that he had to have known wouldn't work, it was painfully obvious. like he's too good at this to keep putting all this energy into things that just aren't doing anything helpful for town. like *where is the +town output*? i'm not expecting xenoblade level of solving but i have a very hard time seeing how his actions have been, you now, helpful? like even today the gamestate is stupidly muddled and i feel like if there weren't scum mucking about we would have flipped a scum, actually intelligently inverted people, or have a better inkling as to where scum is today. and we just don't have any of it. despite having a chock-load of prs, we don't even have any mechanically useful results.
the fact that we're in this state (no flipped scum, no mechanical results, and nothing concrete to act on today despite like 8 townflips) i'm p sure doesn't happen naturally, i feel like there has to be scum involved in manipulating things for things to be this wacked up. your slot and his slot have been a sort of stranglehold and have been collectively directing things in a certain way. like i could tell something ~fucky~ was happening with you two, because otherwise we wouldnt be here now, but i didn't know where or what. now that i know his role, i'm p sure this is what's happening - he used the purple room n1 to gain your trust and between the two of you you're directing us in unhelpful ways. him purposfully, your slot is pockted. i don't remember offhand who was the driving factor for determining who would got to the purple room n1, but i would be good money that if i were to go back now and take a look, i would see that it was him, planning on utilizing his role that night.

like we keep spending stupid amounts of time on things that are silly? i'm not that great at mechanics but i know the things that we're doing mechanically are dumb. he has to know it too.

if this doesn't adequately explain what i'm thinking lmk and i shall try to elaborate.
(like i see a lot of these gamestate things in my head but they're sometimes hard to explain. i'm like p confident i'm right here tho and i want to make sure i do my best to explain what i'm seeing. if this is confusing or doesn't make sense please let me know because i want to make it very clear; this is very important)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 7750, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7749, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 7747, Firebringer wrote:THE AMOUNT OF UPS AND DOWNS ON THIS ROLLERCOASTER
this rollercoaster only goes straight down
wheres the bottom
Ḧ̵̳͈̰̤̥́̈́̈̀E̶͍̿͞ͅL͍͕̳̈́̃͗̓̓̆̏̀L̫̥̼̤̯ͫͩ͡͡͝
͇̣̗͈̃̅̋̋̚-̊̄̎҉̣̺̱c̮̣̑̈́ê͉͓̺̩͍̰̘͇͐͗ͯ̉ͧp͖͔͙̮͇̼̭͓̉͐ͧͦ̎̒͝h̉͏̛͍͡
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7752, Dandelion Wine wrote:Ḧ̵̳͈̰̤̥́̈́̈̀E̶͍̿͞ͅL͍͕̳̈́̃͗̓̓̆̏̀L̫̥̼̤̯ͫͩ͡͡͝
don't start sending my computer viruses
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7714, petapan wrote:what does that mean
look at wall above. i'm p sure it's being used by scum for nefarious reasons and i don't want much to do with it and don't want to help it along
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #7755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 7748, Dandelion Wine wrote:so it's not "no one is listening to me," it's "no one would listen to me if i tried so why bother"?

i dont know if it's fair to complain about our decision making ability if you aren't willing to present an alternative
-ceph
it's like you guys know these things:

(1) The scum are pretty comfortable and in control of the thread so they are making nightkills that keep the game state static.
(2) We haven't killed any of them.
(3) Let's kill Pooky cuz clearly we haven't killed enough LHFs and if we just kill one more we can get to get off this ride wheeee!

like wtf is even going on.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7721, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:and if you had killed me you would be saying the same thing about pisskop today

it's really amazing how many times this town wants to do the same thing over and over and is surprised by the shitty results

we're not even playing mafia at this point.
any interest in voting dandelion?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:the purple room keeps being put to use in ways that just isn't helping town? the obvious egregious example is spiffeh + superbowl. at the start of day2 cabd came in and was like 'we did something mysterious that is going to help town loads! we need to purple room superbowl and spiffeh' and it eventually unfolded that this was because there was a Super Secret Turnstile in the purple room and they would get to turnstile. i don't remember offhand the reasoning they gave for superbowl (strong pr?) and the reasonign for spiffeh iirc was 'imperium wasn't townrading them that strongly and we wanted to make sure we helped clear the forward thread if possible'. so that would imply that they had some suspicion of spiffeh and the fact that turnstiling him would activate his pr is a nice plus.
my understanding was, they both wanted to be turnstiled, so we could turnstile them, hooray. i was admittedly not paying the most attention ever. i don't know that i see what is so heinously mechanically incorrect about this but i haven't finished reading your post
-ceph
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

pooky i feel like people have engaged you on your reads and you've responded with flippant tinfoil teams while not making it obvious whether or not you're joking and then bailing

-b
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7735, Deacon Blues wrote:Cabd said that their role is almost exactly what Flavor Leaf's role in in Xenoblade 2 in the first few hours of the game thread being open.

That info was in this thread available to anyone who played the Xenoblade game: Me, Firebringer, petapan, LLD, Notsci, Bell, Brian Skies, midway bear, Dunnstral, Noraa, Gamma (not checking the player list so I may have missed someone.)
ya i wasn't in that game so not helpful
Show
Hiatus once more.

Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 7746, petapan wrote:
In post 7745, Spiffeh wrote:I think you are

There are sadly worlds where you are not though!

PEdit: @peta
so he's scum appeasing scum or what
In the event that you are not scum, he could be appeasing you

bork literally described a behavior he noticed in scum!mwb and I pointed out an instance where I felt he could have exhibited that behavior

I can get a read on midwaybear independently without I having to completely line up with my current view of the game state
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7755, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:The scum are pretty comfortable and in control of the thread so they are making nightkills that keep the game state static.
N.E.E.D. N.A.M.E.S
Show

Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7762 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 7755, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 7748, Dandelion Wine wrote:so it's not "no one is listening to me," it's "no one would listen to me if i tried so why bother"?

i dont know if it's fair to complain about our decision making ability if you aren't willing to present an alternative
-ceph
it's like you guys know these things:

(1) The scum are pretty comfortable and in control of the thread so they are making nightkills that keep the game state static.
(2) We haven't killed any of them.
(3) Let's kill Pooky cuz clearly we haven't killed enough LHFs and if we just kill one more we can get to get off this ride wheeee!

like wtf is even going on.
but if they're in control of the thread, why are they using that control to not take a free yeet on you
& you can say this but then you can't identify the scum controlling the thread so ???
-ceph
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7763 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7755, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:(1) The scum are pretty comfortable and in control of the thread so they are making nightkills that keep the game state static.
oh right this point too, i forgot to add this onto my wall: i'm p sure that dandelion is the scum in the townreads
it took a while to get there but i'm p confident
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7764 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:like cabd is supposed to be good at mechanics and stuff, right? why, after all of these machinations, has none of these appreciably helped town in any way? we spent two days on a dumb 'clearing the forward timeline of scum plan' that he had to have known wouldn't work, it was painfully obvious. like he's too good at this to keep putting all this energy into things that just aren't doing anything helpful for town.
i don't recall cabd being a particularly major proponent of that plan, and i'm sure i must have called it a fool's errand at least once
-ceph
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7765 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Apparently we have 10 days? I have a little more hope now.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7766 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7757, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:the purple room keeps being put to use in ways that just isn't helping town? the obvious egregious example is spiffeh + superbowl. at the start of day2 cabd came in and was like 'we did something mysterious that is going to help town loads! we need to purple room superbowl and spiffeh' and it eventually unfolded that this was because there was a Super Secret Turnstile in the purple room and they would get to turnstile. i don't remember offhand the reasoning they gave for superbowl (strong pr?) and the reasonign for spiffeh iirc was 'imperium wasn't townrading them that strongly and we wanted to make sure we helped clear the forward thread if possible'. so that would imply that they had some suspicion of spiffeh and the fact that turnstiling him would activate his pr is a nice plus.
my understanding was, they both wanted to be turnstiled, so we could turnstile them, hooray. i was admittedly not paying the most attention ever. i don't know that i see what is so heinously mechanically incorrect about this but i haven't finished reading your post
-ceph
i very, very, very distinctly remember either your slot or deacon justifying sending spiffeh over because they were a lower tier townread and they thougth it would help with the 'clearing the forward thread of scum' thing. i will quote the post momentarily

and it's nto that it's mechanically incorrect, per se, so much as it hasn't actually helped town in any apprciable way. if you disagree with my assessment i would like you to explain how you think it helped.
before you tell me 'we activated prs', i will point out that both said people are actively scumread in their respective threads so who's to say that either of them are town.
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7767 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7761, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7755, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:The scum are pretty comfortable and in control of the thread so they are making nightkills that keep the game state static.
N.E.E.D. N.A.M.E.S
cabd
Show
Hiatus once more.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7768 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Firebringer »

skitter.

I want names from Pooky.

What r u doing.
Show

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7769 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7764, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:like cabd is supposed to be good at mechanics and stuff, right? why, after all of these machinations, has none of these appreciably helped town in any way? we spent two days on a dumb 'clearing the forward timeline of scum plan' that he had to have known wouldn't work, it was painfully obvious. like he's too good at this to keep putting all this energy into things that just aren't doing anything helpful for town.
i don't recall cabd being a particularly major proponent of that plan, and i'm sure i must have called it a fool's errand at least once
-ceph
my point is that he didn't object and i'm p confident he should know better
i don't remember if he was particularly for it but i'm very confident he wasn't against it
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7770 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

going on a righteous crusade to get dandelion flipped at some point
not necessarily today but it is my new goal to ensure that this happens before the game ends
Show
Hiatus once more.

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7771 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:ok but now fastforward to day3: where is that suspicion of spiffeh? why hasn't there been any followup on that read? like that's why they picked spiffeh from that timeline,right? sooooo what happened to doing anything about it now that he's here?
not sure that's true on their end but frankly i'm having a lot of trouble finding it

i was somewhat townreading spiffeh at that point and townreading superbowl and we wanted to give them a shot at getting into the timestream where their roles worked.

Even if it had been true that it was to get scum!spiffeh here it would've been so that we could see if cakez declared forward scum-free at this point, which obviously did not happen (and spiffeh could've just not agreed to turnstyle if he had been the last scum over there anyway)

so unless you think sb is scum, exactly what are the nefarious purposes people are using purple room for?

-b
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7772 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

i mean i don't have the information to tell you if that helped town or not but as a game i thought we had decided early on that needing to switch threads to use your role was possibly a towntell depending on how the initial setup worked (did scum get to choose who goes where? i feel like the mod answered this but i don't remember for sure)

i feel like in general activating PRs is a good idea, and it introduces some accountability for role usage if scum trueclaim
-ceph
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7773 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

well i know ur stance on dandellion.
can u not see im trying to grill pooky because he is dodging to give hard reads?
Show

midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7774 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Yeah, let's get Pooky today. Liked what bork said in .
I've also said before that my TR on Dandelion was solely due to sheeping Deacon, so I might look there later.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”