Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8050 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8047, petapan wrote:so really i don't blame LLD for calling me scum with skitter because if you look outside LLD/DB/DW, i'm one of the only people who makes much sense as her teammate
I'm trying to parse this. Does this mean you can see her as scum with one or more of LLD, Dandelion or us, or that you can't see her as scum with anyone else either?
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8051 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 8047, petapan wrote:felt like we were held hostage unaccountably to a plan that really amounted to not much and said little.
like this basically. if it actually amounted to something i wouldn't care as much but it, well, hasn't. and i feel like wiht all of those great minds (TM) working on this together, things should have come of it if all involved were town, but it hasn't, so it makes me feel like things are being scum-manipulated in some way
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8052 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 8047, petapan wrote:so like, if you want me to get on your side, pitch me a worldview, try to give me something that makes sense. convince me. maybe i'm horribly wrong and just writing something off way too easily. but if you disagree i wanna know why
and the "why's" for saying much that's coming out of that hood is what's missing ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8053 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

wow i missed quite a bit during work
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8054 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 8050, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 8047, petapan wrote:so really i don't blame LLD for calling me scum with skitter because if you look outside LLD/DB/DW, i'm one of the only people who makes much sense as her teammate
I'm trying to parse this. Does this mean you can see her as scum with one or more of LLD, Dandelion or us, or that you can't see her as scum with anyone else either?
i haven't ruled it out but i haven't thought about it enough, and this "is skitter being bussed" question would be a much harder one. she reads townie to me but i'm always afraid of people who take my side and back me up
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8055 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Bottom line, I'm not voting Dandelion or LLD today.

Spiffeh's play this game prior to turnstiling looked like his town play in recent games, especially day 1. Today kinda feels like a stripped down, snarkier version of his early play in the other thread. If he's town I feel bad about dragging him over here. I've scanned the pooky vs FL scum game and didn't come away with much in the way of points of parallel. I'm meh about whether he's the kind of player where meta is actually that useful, though. Maybe someone could convince me he's scum with a great argument.

I go back and forth on FB but his interactions with skitter feel to me like he's town.

I'm basically trusting bork (and you since you agree with bork) on mwb.

My unvotes are on A50 and Skitter.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8056 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I thought Pooky was easy to spell...
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8057 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 8055, Deacon Blues wrote:Bottom line, I'm not voting Dandelion or LLD today.

Spiffeh's play this game prior to turnstiling looked like his town play in recent games, especially day 1. Today kinda feels like a stripped down, snarkier version of his early play in the other thread. If he's town I feel bad about dragging him over here. I've scanned the pooky vs FL scum game and didn't come away with much in the way of points of parallel. I'm meh about whether he's the kind of player where meta is actually that useful, though. Maybe someone could convince me he's scum with a great argument.

I go back and forth on FB but his interactions with skitter feel to me like he's town.

that doesn't answer me in any satisfactory way whatsoever
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8058 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by petapan »

in fact i'd call it a dodge
free crypto
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8059 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Deacon: This is me not giving a rat's fart anymore.

Yet; here's a little reminder: I am the only living "active" investigative/informative on this game. FB is a Cop who works in the other thread. skitter is a Watcher who works in the other thread. (Somebody correct me if I made a mistake as I'm improvising from a 52+ y.o. memory)

I personally wouldn't want to lim me if I was in your shoes, but you do you. This is also why I'm finding Spiffeh's push on me all game long pretty weird, and now LLD's call to get rid of one of myself or skitter.

I do realize role =/= alignment. so I am not even arguing my own alignment. Yet again, if you do suspect me that much I could always be leashed, especially since I don't even get my own results (unless you think I'm scum with Annie; in which case I really have nothing more to say to you)

@FB: You have not responded to my , but it's too late now, as the answer is implied above. You just don't lim your only active informative on the day before the timestreams merge )which would mean I will get my own results)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8060 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by petapan »

i didn't ask you to vote your pals. i asked you to be open and communicative in conveying your reasoning, the only point you have done so is for your spiffeh read. otherwise you failed to address anything i was actually asking and bluntly repeated statements like a robot.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8061 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by petapan »

how many pages in your hood that that's the best you can explain yourself?
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8062 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8057, petapan wrote:
In post 8055, Deacon Blues wrote:Bottom line, I'm not voting Dandelion or LLD today.

that doesn't answer me in any satisfactory way whatsoever
I don't have an answer to your concern. I'm trying to work through this game the way I almost always do. townread/poe.

I don't know who skitter is scum with if she's scum. Is she WKing town-A50? Is she WKing scum-A50?

If we were in the same timeline with Bell, that's who I'd probably be voting, unless somehow a lot more direct interaction changed my mind about him.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8063 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Here's a tldr (in case someone's wondering): Mechanically speaking; I, skitter & FB should be off the table for today. Let's wait and see what happens when we are all put in the same thread. I also am still the #1 NK candidate here because -if I'm understanding the mechanics right- both skitter & FB still need to be turnstiled for their roles to work after the merge.

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8064 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:25 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Did FB make another role claim and I missed it? He retracted his day 1 claim.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8065 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8062, Deacon Blues wrote:If we were in the same timeline with Bell, that's who I'd probably be voting,
Not to be a nag; but this is also sub-optimal from a mechanical PoV. Your "preferred lims" all fall into the category of "more beneficial in the foreseen future".

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8066 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8064, Deacon Blues wrote:Did FB make another role claim and I missed it? He retracted his day 1 claim.
I have no idea. I just had him down as a Forwards Cop eversince

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8067 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 8062, Deacon Blues wrote:I don't have an answer to your concern. I'm trying to work through this game the way I almost always do. townread/poe.

I don't know who skitter is scum with if she's scum. Is she WKing town-A50? Is she WKing scum-A50?

If we were in the same timeline with Bell, that's who I'd probably be voting, unless somehow a lot more direct interaction changed my mind about him.
okay but i gave anti-alignment reads for skitter on 3 of the other 8 people who started in this thread, take me out, and do you see why i start to get concerned? i do not mind if you think the reasons for seeing people as unpaired is not
valid
but if i am looking at someone and having a hard time seeing potential partners i'm not going to want to vote them. you should recognize me having used this reasoning before.
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8068 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8066, Almost50 wrote:
In post 8064, Deacon Blues wrote:Did FB make another role claim and I missed it? He retracted his day 1 claim.
I have no idea. I just had him down as a Forwards Cop eversince
Fix your algorithm, then.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8069 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by petapan »

can an outside party, possibly one in the other thread, tell me if my writing is so poor that what i was asking was unclear?
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8070 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 8067, petapan wrote:
In post 8062, Deacon Blues wrote:I don't have an answer to your concern. I'm trying to work through this game the way I almost always do. townread/poe.

okay but i gave anti-alignment reads for skitter on 3 of the other 8 people who started in this thread, take me out, and do you see why i start to get concerned? i do not mind if you think the reasons for seeing people as unpaired is not
valid
but if i am looking at someone and having a hard time seeing potential partners i'm not going to want to vote them. you should recognize me having used this reasoning before.
I wish there were an appropriate punctuation mark to put behind "yeah" to this. I'm not trying to convince you I'm right and I'm not trying to get you to vote with me.

I think your stance on this makes internal sense, and maybe external sense as well.

and you are one of my townreads where I feel like I can actually get something useful in terms of improving my own reads by interacting with you.

that's where you stand with me. I didn't include you in the "not voting today" list because I'm talking to you about other players, but that's where you are.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8071 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

maybe we had really different purposes in trying to engage here?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #8072 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 8070, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 8067, petapan wrote:

valid
I wish there were an appropriate punctuation mark to put behind "yeah" to this. I'm not trying to convince you I'm right and I'm not trying to get you to vote with me.

I think your stance on this makes internal sense, and maybe external sense as well.

and you are one of my townreads where I feel like I can actually get something useful in terms of improving my own reads by interacting with you.

that's where you stand with me. I didn't include you in the "not voting today" list because I'm talking to you about other players, but that's where you are.
Can I ask why you think that reasoning that amounts to essentially doing pre-flip associatives from a player who apparently gets "super paranoid and uncertain" in endgame/lategame makes any sense as a reasoning we should be nodding along with?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8073 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7959, Almost50 wrote:
In post 7942, Firebringer wrote:A50 flip might just help us finally put to bed Spiffeh?
This happens to be your scummiest post of the game. You wanna guess why that is?
im bad at guessing games.

i want to say mr orange in the kitchen with the lead pipe
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #8074 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 8059, Almost50 wrote:You just don't lim your only active informative on the day before the timestreams merge )which would mean I will get my own results)
barking up the wrong tree. i care the least about role claims in this game.

also yes, i retracted my cop claim. shocking apparently no one. am i that predictable?
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”