Newbie 2049 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Redados »

omgus much?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 297, ItalianoVD wrote:you’re not playing like you do as town.
meta is trash
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 297, ItalianoVD wrote:Time to kill Redados people. Follow me and vote for Redados. Trust me.
I am town.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Vote count 1.09

It is Day 1!
With 9 votes, it takes 5 to eliminate. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-01-16 08:30:00).

VC
ItalianoVD [3]:
BBMolla, Lunar Martian, Redados
Lunar Martian [1]:
Scipio1
esotericzoomer [1]:
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X [1]:
esotericzoomer
Redados [1]:
ItalianoVD
Not Voting [2]:
SilverWolfxx and SlyZealot

Mod Notes
  • Let me know if there are any errors.
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by SpoonMan Abrams X »

I'm also really doubting Italiano as scum. A bit less doubt then I have about Lunar, but doubt none the less.

This post stuck out as maybe the "most scummy" thing he's posted in my estimation
In post 76, ItalianoVD wrote:
As scum I wouldn’t be so blatant as to look like scum, which is why I’m terrible at it and don’t like it.

My early reads are based on gut and experience. I don’t mean that to sound condescending, but if ManWithNoName and Spoon are scum then I’d be surprised, more so Man than Spoon.

Another thing I don’t do is partner hunt. Early on, I look for posts an$ interactions that stand out to me and I’ll only make mention of those. Which is what I did in and

With all that rambling said, I’m still suspicious of Sly and Lunar for reasons I’ve already stated. You gotta do better than that BBmola. A scum opener? Compared to what? :roll:
The first line (emphasis mine) is self WIFOM shenanigans that on it's own, and under different circumstances, I'd likely be down.

I otherwise find the rest of the post to be sound, even if I don't personally agree with the methods, but that's all subjective.

At most I'd be for Italiano's elimination over Lunar, but even then I still think there are better options... but that is beating the dead horse at this point, it seems :shifty:
Amendment
as I was going to post.
ItalianoVD wrote:scum!Redados: third voter on my wagon huh? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. You’re so obvious brother; you’re not playing like you do as town.

Time to kill Redados people. Follow me and vote for Redados.
Trust me. BTW, eliminating me is not a good move for the town, so take your votes off me.
:facepalm: :igmeou:

VOTE: Redados

I’m okay with either Red or Lunar. Seems like Silver and Sly are most likely town. PoE has BB and Spoon as likely town. Junesong/zoomer is town.

Also look at me and Spoon’s interaction again. There’s no way we’re potentially partners. Ask Red, he knows how I treat my scum partners.
ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 277, Lunar Martian wrote:That means Italiano is going to be more of a liability down the line.
Nah, I’m not. I usually get better and more active once the days progress and I don’t get killed Night 1.
:facepalm:

Even with or without this, still think there's better options. Marginally lol :roll:
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Redados »

I am not a fan of the mod color being yellow. Hard to read.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 304, SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Even with or without this, still think there's better options. Marginally lol
you want zoomer? who do you want?
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 pm

In post 306, Redados wrote:
In post 304, SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:Even with or without this, still think there's better options. Marginally lol
you want zoomer? who do you want?
BBmolla or Zoomer preferably.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Silver and Sly I need y’all to commit somewhere
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 pm

In post 272, esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 246, Scipio1 wrote:
In post 231, esotericzoomer wrote:I'm willing to switch to lunar.
In post 233, esotericzoomer wrote:VOTE: Lunar Martian
Bruh what is this? I don’t even remember you saying a thing about Lunar before this, where did this come from?
peep my iso and youll see i posted a few things about them
I had to go and do this, just to see.

he directly reference Lunar, commenting OMGUS despite Lunar's claims otherwise. I wouldn't make anything of it other then he double .

he mentioned Lunar, rationalizing BBmolla's post for some reason.

was his following post in regards to Lunar, which I can see, though I don't agree with. TBH not sure what to make of Lunar's post referenced, at the least doesn't make me see scum, just misguided.

he disagree with BBmolla on Italiano, but agree with their read on Lunar. Sticks out with recent developments.

to BB's reply to above. Of interest is their admittance of being "unable to read" Italiano or Lunar, but a full willingness to still go with a lynch on them, supposedly.

Those last two posts speak to me as when Italiano's gains steam, they steer wide and clear of it, instead re-opting to go back to voting me (lol) even though they previously said they'd be fine to hop on either train.

Speaking of BB, this last post
BBmolla wrote:Silver and Sly I need y’all to commit somewhere
My bias/tunnelling at first was "trying to force a hammer" but then on further reflection, probably the first post of theirs I actually can get behind. Both of them have been sitting on their hands (Silver moreso then Sly, but Sly definitely has since the start of the game) and to my recollection neither have voted once yet. That said I still do wish for more from them, but at this point I'd be a broken record trying to push the point.

As it is my vote sticks were it is and unlikely to change it unless something else really catches my attention.
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:34 pm

TL;DR
Zoomer
is my top pick now for elimination above everyone else.

I'm going to bed as I have work in the AM.

Would request we not hammer anyone in the next ~24 hours please lol
SlyZealot
SlyZealot
Goon
SlyZealot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Post by SlyZealot »

In post 282, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 250, SlyZealot wrote:You can read my "keep me off the noose" all you want, truth is that I'm just having fun roleplaying from time to time :D

Anyway, I went back to look at posts from Lunar. Due to my inexperience with the game I can't really tell what to look for, since I have no idea what "typical" scum-tactics are early on, so I'm just telling you what I feel in my gut.

Recent posts from Lunar shifted in tone from page 7 onward. They took much less confrontational tone and tried to give a "hey let's stop fighting" or "I used to think you are scum, but now I think you're not".

My gut tells me this is due to getting some heat and trying to win allies.

Even telling me not to worry about being called newbie is surprisingly wholesome (sorry for putting you on a spot for being nice !!) considering the lack of support early on when it was revealed that I'm very inexperienced playing here and made a blunder.

I know I'm kinda parroting others throwing shade against Lunar, but maybe it's natural for newbies to try and follow logic of more experienced players.

What I want to emphasize is that I at least tried to provide my own reads into this post, so hopefully it carries some meaning to this discussion.

PS: Spoon I love Chad Kroeger - Hero ! It doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of you, but at least there's a possibility of us becoming friends LOL
Does this read to people more as someone trying to learn how to sort people, or as someone learning how to fake sorting people? I'd like to hear Sly's takes on people other than me to get a better feel I think. The fact that only analysis of me was provided suggests that it's more likely to be fake sorting, coming to the convenient conclusion of me being Mafia. Additionally, me encouraging people to work together should help Town even if you think I'm doing it for the wrong reasons. So unless you have some reason to think that me doing that makes me Mafia you should view it as me being Town. If you look at my completed Town game I think you'll see me posting in a similar manner to this game. In contrast, look at my two completed Mafia games and you'll see I was much more passive.
Only analysis of you? It seems I have permanent VI reputation cast upon me and people ignore whatever 2 cents I try to give from time to time.

In post #56 I single out Lunar and Italiano thinking that one of the two is scum and I talk more about Lunar there. This is not a conclusion I suddenly arrived with everyone else, I've been pretty consistent with my suspicions.

I can cast my vote now if that's what people want. Sorry Lunar, but this is the second time you make a reply to me and have misinformation about what I've have said. Maybe it is accidental but given the circumstances it's enough to make me vote.

VOTE: Lunar Martian
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:23 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

spoon i only mentioned my willingness to vote martian when replying to bb
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:27 am

In post 312, esotericzoomer wrote:spoon i only mentioned my willingness to vote martian when replying to bb
Indeed. I'm just curious as to your unwillingness to vote italiano.

Can't say I'm fond the the "one or the other has to be scum" as my experience is these "tit for tat" eliminations usually are both town.
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

In post 313, SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:
In post 312, esotericzoomer wrote:spoon i only mentioned my willingness to vote martian when replying to bb

Can't say I'm fond the the "one or the other has to be scum" as my experience is these "tit for tat" eliminations usually are both town.
I'm unwilling to because, as I've mentioned, I don't have a solid read on them.
It'd be a different story if I didn't have such prevalent suspicions on you and martian.

And in regards to me having a one for one ideology with you and martian, quite frankly I'm not really that bothered, in my eyes both of you have behaved in scummy ways, whether you can be paired together or not.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:54 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

No need to pointlessly be on Redados right now.

We’re both at L-2. Let’s see who breaks the tie and for who.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:10 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 301, Redados wrote:
In post 297, ItalianoVD wrote:you’re not playing like you do as town.
meta is trash
It is. It’s great that you finally came to this realization. You were big on it when you first started.
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:28 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

Can we not reform wagons when I leave them lmfao
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 am

In post 315, ItalianoVD wrote:No need to pointlessly be on Redados right now.

No offense friend but your subsequent posts/reactions these last couple pages don't endear me.

VOTE: ItalianoVD
SpoonMan Abrams X
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
SpoonMan Abrams X
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:58 am

In post 314, esotericzoomer wrote:

It'd be a different story if I didn't have such prevalent suspicions on you and martian.

And in regards to me having a one for one ideology with you and martian, quite frankly I'm not really that bothered, in my eyes both of you have behaved in scummy ways, whether you can be paired together or not.
I meant one for one in regards to Italiano and Lunar, as its been brought up a few times now thatpeople seem to be stuck on the idea that "if one of them is scum then the other has to be town" which is a dangerous assumption to make any way you shake it.
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:59 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

both wagons are now on l-1 so be careful
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

In post 319, SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:
In post 314, esotericzoomer wrote:

I meant one for one in regards to Italiano and Lunar, as its been brought up a few times now thatpeople seem to be stuck on the idea that "if one of them is scum then the other has to be town" which is a dangerous assumption to make any way you shake it.
Oh well yeah my bad for misunderstanding, The core of my argument is still there though, these niche examples of one for one's going awry don't necessarily speak for every situation this arises.
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:01 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

going to bed now
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 318, SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:
In post 315, ItalianoVD wrote:No need to pointlessly be on Redados right now.

No offense friend but your subsequent posts/reactions these last couple pages don't endear me.

VOTE: ItalianoVD
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

VOTE: esoteric
I think both the leading wagons are on Town currently.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”