samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by samantha97 »

First of all, I'm going to divide people into two categories: people who roleclaimed/flavorclaimed and people who didn't

Claimed

Rei and Asuka [Ydrasse + Asuka] - Ascetic
Chromium\Dkkoba - Kelpie (flavor)
Titus - some kind of Miller + Centaur (flavor)
Toogeloo - Miller + Dragon (flavor)
RCEnigma - Pegasus (flavor)
Angel Warriors [Momrangel + Noraa] - something punishing to visitors (Paranoid Gun Owner rescinded)
NorwegianBoyEE - some kind of Paranoid Gun Owner

Unclaimed

SirCakez
Special BROvert Ops [Almost50 + Gamma Emerald]
Lunar Martian
Nylaathria
Flea The Magician
Sequence [Ircher + Bell]
MURDERCAT
Klick\Unwnd

Before diving into isos and post history, let's take a look at some game events and do setup speculation.

- Toogeloo claimed Miller right away and rapidly claimed to be not only a Dragon but a mythical creature. This was before boonskiies said mythical creatures are town.

- Chromium\Dkkoba claimed kelpie soon after the dragon claim (~12 minutes), in response to me suggesting they weren't a mythical creature (less than 1 minute)

- RCEnigma claimed 'horse' after being pressed (~1 minute), then claimed a small amount of flavor in a followup post - "I live in a haven of sorts" (I assume pt name), and later clarified that they're Pegasus unprompted (~11 minutes later)

- Chromium\Dkkoba made the best post in the game, one that I feel makes them confirmed town and served to make Nylaathria seem likely town as well by reacting to it. I felt the exact same way when I read my role:
In post 79, Chromium wrote:alright i guess this is where i say like i legit wasn't sure if i was town at first until i reread the role pm and checked to see the wincon and didnt know if the hood im in is scumchat so like take that as u will. im notoriously bad at reading setup details.
As for the setup, let's take a look at the last booneytoonz:
Mafia Goon
Mafia Complex Fruit Vendor - only power roles notified if they receive fruit
Mafia Enchantress - targeted+self commuter
Mafia Inverted Renegade Commuter Enabler - can give inverted to other players
Split Hider
1-shot Weak Recharged Friendly Neighbor - you get refunded if it doesn't work
Non-consecutive Loyal Fruit Vendor
Magical Fairy (Inverted Voyeur)
Commuter
Commuter
Commuter
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla

As you can see, it's stuffed with a lot of negative utility. So much so that you could argue it would make sense for town to never use their abilities. Not only can the hider and neighbor kill themselves, but the fruit vendor can unwittingly frame town by targeting a commuter (or the target of the enchantress). And the magical fairy/enchantress/mafia fruit vendor can all help the town fruit vendor falsely clear mafia as town. Also, commuters essentially only served to interfere with town, because inverted works on nightkills. The enchantress would have to die to make commuting have even a chance at blocking a nightkill, and even then you could simply ignore all of them if you know who they are.

I say all of that to say that this setup is very likely in the same vein as that. Power roles used without solid information about the roles that are in the game are likely only going to help mafia here. Thanks to Titus' observation, we also know that PT groupings are linked to the flavor of creature you are. There is no way that only town would be placed in PTs, so I think it's likely that mafia are composed of 3~ creatures + 1 dark fairy. I don't know how many pts there are, but I think they'd be set up in a way to fake out town, e.g. one pt might have 0 mafia, another might have 2 mafia 1 town.

I'm also going to
roleclaim oneshot weak desperate friendly neighbor
. It's heavily suggested that miller exists in my role details, and because of that I regard Toogeloo as confirmed town.

Now, on to examining individuals. For the purpose of retaining my sanity, and because we should probably shelve them all day 1 anyway, I'm going to mostly examine the people who have claimed nothing for now.

MURDERCAT

After looking at their previous games, I noticed that they are more assertive/demanding when town and more meek, questioning, and fence-sitting when mafia. That doesn't mean they never assert or demand something as mafia, it's just a smaller piece of the pie in those games. Looking at this game, I would say the needle points more towards mafia. Judge for yourself: This Game | Town | Mafia | Town | Mafia

Rei and Asuka

Yeah they claimed Ascetic, but look at the other claims. Their claim sticks out like a sore thumb. It could be real I guess, but I don't see how it fits right now. They also commented about having a green role pm (which could just be figurative), and casually leaked their pt with Lunar Martian in one breath and acted like it was incredibly sensitive information in the next. They had the exact same sentiment when I asked them to triple down on their Ascetic claim. Looking back at dkkoba expressing initial confusion about their role, like I had and at least ostensibly Nylaathria had, made it much harder for me to believe that 'green role pm' would be used figuratively here, since the color of the PM would be fresh on your mind. That doesn't look good for Angel Warriors either btw.

this is taking forever and I don't wanna take the extra time to look at each head of a hydra right now, so for this and the rest I'm just gonna link reference games for those who feel like it

but I will say my first impression was that ydrasse had a different vibe than last game where we were mafia

This game
Asuka: Mafia(Traitor)
Ydrasse: Mafia | Town | Town | Mafia

Sequence [Ircher + Bell]

I'm in a PT with them and have been badgering them since the start of the game. To say I'm unsatisfied with how our conversation went is putting it mildly. I considered voting for them so many times. One thing that gave me pause voting for them was the number of votes they had; it seemed like low hanging fruit. The main thing stopping me has been the sliver of hope that they were a magical fairy that would synergize with my role, but they committed to not being one. They wouldn't share even the smallest role detail, not even what creature they were, even though they said they weren't really any kind of cat. Bell also said he'd roleclaim fully if I roleclaimed first, then 14 minutes later said he couldn't roleclaim without Ircher's approval (even though it was established Ircher was gone the entire time)(I never roleclaimed in pt).

On the other hand, they could have just claimed magical fairy to me if they were mafia, but then again they could have been paranoid that I was a magical fairy.

It's worth noting that the green role pm comment by Rei and Asuka was directed at Bell and he didn't comment on it: link here
Again, it's possible that he thought it was only figurative.

This game
Bell: Mafia | Mafia | Town
Ircher: Town | Town

Klick\Unwnd

Klick was a lot more suppressed than they were in their entrance in the last booneytoonz (as town). In fairness, there was less to work with here. Unwnd started the game off by (what I interpreted as) gaslighting, saying the game was chaotic. I don't know what the motive would be for doing that, so maybe it was more of a reflection of the mafia chat?

Flea The Magician

you can't pay me to read this

Special BROvert Ops [Almost50 + Gamma Emerald]

Was hoping there'd be substance by the time I finished this, but they didn't say much when entering the thread and everything after that was mostly defensive about being voted. I guess that is substance in and of itself though. Also, why has a50 not posted?

Spoiler:
so yeah this is unfinished, sircakez, hydra & unwnd reads tomorrow as this was a bigger undertaking than I thought

In closing, I want to emphasize what I said earlier:
Power roles used without solid information about the roles that are in the game are likely only going to help mafia here.

It's better to be functionally vanilla than to be an extra power role for mafia.

If you couldn't tell already, I think being as open and honest as possible as soon as possible is the best way for town to win mafia games in general. Especially in a game with as many booby traps as this one. I strongly suggest we do the dreaded
~Day 1 Massclaim~
Special BROvert Ops
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by Special BROvert Ops »

samantha have you openly claimed your flavor rn? I can't tell from your posting so far

-Henry
Two guys, one team, not a single logical plan between them.

Henry is Gamma Emerald
Charles is Almost50
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1020, MURDERCAT wrote:To what end?
There is no end in mind. Either we're faded or we're not. If I were a betting man, I'd put the odds heavily in favor of us not being faded. The point remains though--continuing to vote us because of me is not going to progress the game.
In post 1021, Special BROvert Ops wrote:Do you care to divulge some of why you are acting differently, if the reason isn't just that you're scum?

-Henry
Nope. Use those critical thinking skills to deduce the reason yourself.
~Ircher
In post 1025, samantha97 wrote:I strongly suggest we do the dreaded ~Day 1 Massclaim~
No. Boonskiies is a very respectable moderator, and his games would therefore be unbreakable by Day 1 massclaim. Day 3 massclaim? Sure; sometimes the game swings heavily in one direction or an unforeseen interaction occurs. But day 1? No, absolutely not.
~Ircher
Hydra of Ircher and Bell.
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1025, samantha97 wrote:I'm also going to roleclaim oneshot weak desperate friendly neighbor.
Seriously??????? :facepalm:
~Ircher
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by samantha97 »

yes
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Sequence »

So to be clear.
Your role is stasis one mandatory. You die if you don't visit town.
it can end up being wifomy if you end up getting shot?

I don't understand why you chose to claim out here instead of in PT I would definitely would have been more willing to work with someone that wasn't pushing us to claim when we weren't sure whether we were dumped in a PT with scum. You essentially tried to strong arm me,
Into claiming before we were comfortable. It makes sense now that I know you have an expiration date.

-Bell
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Sequence »

We can talk in PT now it's not a real issue.
I'm not sure if Inversion is a thing this game.

-Bell.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1025, samantha97 wrote:I say all of that to say that this setup is very likely in the same vein as that. Power roles used without solid information about the roles that are in the game are likely only going to help mafia here. Thanks to Titus' observation, we also know that PT groupings are linked to the flavor of creature you are. There is no way that only town would be placed in PTs, so I think it's likely that mafia are composed of 3~ creatures + 1 dark fairy. I don't know how many pts there are, but I think they'd be set up in a way to fake out town, e.g. one pt might have 0 mafia, another might have 2 mafia 1 town.
Without outing anyone there are at the moment at least 5 hoods with overlapping members.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Sam! Extremely important. Is your role considered an investigative?
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1031, Sequence wrote:We can talk in PT now it's not a real issue.
I'm not sure if Inversion is a thing this game.

-Bell.
Doesn't the Magical Fairy have the inverted modifier?
~Ircher
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 1033, RCEnigma wrote:Sam! Extremely important. Is your role considered an investigative?
no idea what you mean
Special BROvert Ops
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:41 pm

wait how the actual fuck is that supposed to work? I guess with inversion being a central mechanic (I think? iirc it was said in sign-ups but I also recall concluding that from the Magical Fairy role being public) the desperate modifier can be subverted? When I initially wrote out the desperate modifier I believe I specified the failure was somewhat comparable to a roleblock via ascetic? As such I would think inversion would make desperate roles work properly if they hit town. But what I'm curious about is does weak also trigger on targeting a miller? I've seen that in theme games before and it's honestly kinda fucky.

tfw you end up having to play outguess-the-mod on
yourself
a little

-Henry

Henry is Gamma Emerald
Charles is Almost50
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1035, samantha97 wrote:
In post 1033, RCEnigma wrote:Sam! Extremely important. Is your role considered an investigative?
no idea what you mean
I guess that's a question for boon.
Special BROvert Ops
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm

In post 1027, Sequence wrote:No. Boonskiies is a very respectable moderator, and his games would therefore be unbreakable by Day 1 massclaim. Day 3 massclaim? Sure; sometimes the game swings heavily in one direction or an unforeseen interaction occurs. But day 1? No, absolutely not.
btw I have to say I very much agree with this, and I supported the room claim in Among Us (although that was because it helped curb one of scum's potential advantages while giving their other one more power for some time). So like, I think that means something?

-Henry

Henry is Gamma Emerald
Charles is Almost50
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Sequence »

Clarification: I meant, whether there would be a counter to commuters etc.
In the prior boon game the scum team had a means of killing anyone by inverting them with a bunch of commuters.
I'm not sure this is the theme of this game.

-Bell.
Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Angel Warriors »

In post 1014, Angel Warriors wrote:You're not going to keep trying to level with us, and still call us scum, ircher.
In post 1016, Angel Warriors wrote:
In post 1009, Sequence wrote:Great! You can spot a different tone! Now take it to the next level and analyze the possible reasons I may want to give a different tone.
For example, what would be the point of this, if you actually scum read us as you claim?

Town doesn't play the reach-out game like this to someone they are scum-reading
You're not gonna confront Nora and ignore me, Ircher
Norangal
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 1036, Special BROvert Ops wrote:wait how the actual fuck is that supposed to work? I guess with inversion being a central mechanic (I think? iirc it was said in sign-ups but I also recall concluding that from the Magical Fairy role being public) the desperate modifier can be subverted? When I initially wrote out the desperate modifier I believe I specified the failure was somewhat comparable to a roleblock via ascetic? As such I would think inversion would make desperate roles work properly if they hit town. But what I'm curious about is does weak also trigger on targeting a miller? I've seen that in theme games before and it's honestly kinda fucky.

tfw you end up having to play outguess-the-mod on
yourself
a little

-Henry
doesn't that insight jog the noggin?

let's keep it going by massclaiming pls

massclaiming isn't meant to break the game, but to make town on even footing
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Sequence »

Oh, but I am. Also, I have zero read on your head of the hydra.
~Ircher

pedit: Massclaiming is a horrible idea. It is almost certainly -Town EV day 1.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 1042, Sequence wrote:pedit: Massclaiming is a horrible idea. It is almost certainly -Town EV day 1.
the last booneytoonz it would not have been, so it'd be interesting if you showed your work
Special BROvert Ops
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Special BROvert Ops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:48 pm

sam, can you potentially ask the mod about how inversion affects your role?
It has to be you because it's your role

-Henry

Henry is Gamma Emerald
Charles is Almost50
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by samantha97 »

I don't really see a point in bugging him, since we dealt with inversion a lot in the last game. Inversion makes all abilities work no matter what.
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Sequence »

He should be able to answer the miller mechanic question if stated as a hypothetical. Since there is probably a non-bastard standard answer for that.

-Sequence.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by samantha97 »

I die if I target a miller, that is stated
Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Angel Warriors »

We can mass-claim moonlight phase 2, no sooner.
Norangal
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 1048, Angel Warriors wrote:We can mass-claim moonlight phase 2, no sooner.
that's not compelling without a reason

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”