TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 81, Titus wrote:VOTE: Agar

If you think Dann's scummy, why aren't you voting him?
I was gonna wait for Agar to answer but I'm bored waiting

Agar didn't actually call me scum anywhere. Do you find his two questions to me scummy? and why
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:15 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 128, Almost50 wrote:
In post 113, Ythan wrote:You're a goof guy
I almost always mistype the 'd' as an 'f' too
:lol:
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by implosion »

A010785: Repdigit numbers, or numbers with repeated digits.0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, 111, 222, 333, 444, 555, 666, 777, 888, 999, 1111, 2222, 3333, 4444, 5555, 6666, 7777, 8888, 9999, 11111, 22222, 33333, 44444, 55555, 66666, 77777, 88888, 99999, 111111, 222222, 333333, 444444, 555555, 666666

Link

Vote Count 1.2
innocentvillager
(3): unwnd, Dunnstral, Dannflor
Ythan
(2): hercule, Almost50
Dannflor
(2): Cephrir, Albert B. Rampage
hercule
(2): DrippingGoofball, Ythan
AGar
(2): Titus, OkaPoka
the worst
(2): JacksonVirgo, innocentvillager
JacksonVirgo
(1): the worst

Not Voting
(4): AGar, Hopkirk, Xtoxm, Uncrowned

With 18 alive, it takes 10 votes to eliminate. Deadline is set for January 29, 5:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2021-01-29 21:00:00).
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: innocent villager

choo
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

My internet is really playing up, although I don't have work tomorrow unlike today (Saturday, ugh). So if it doesn't get working properly it almost 100% will by tomorrow.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 pm

Post by Cephrir »

the pig has landed
In post 58, OkaPoka wrote:@ceph r u still an active member of the nrg? asking for a friend
no
In post 142, the worst wrote:
In post 139, unwnd wrote:Comment was related to my vote on IV, thought it was evident
hmm I did a few things irl between seeing your IV vote and reading that, so I may have just context failed. I'm pretty tired. Actually my post read as snippier than my brain was trying to be.

Better counterpoint: IV is addicted to saying cute nonsense. This daystart is absolutely typical of IV as either alignment. Has anything else he's done struck you as alignment indicative or just the fluffy comments?

Someone on my team agrees with you btw (but I haven't asked for their reasoning yet)
this game got to meta defenses quickly

i like dannflor so far, so i should vote someone else
VOTE: the worst
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:39 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Someone probably said the best way to know someone is through their enemies. I noticed some of you hadn’t played with me before, so I thought sharing my blacklist for this event might provide some insight into what kind of person I am:

Staarling
– One of Hectic’s alts. We’re not eligible to play together.
Untrod Tripod
– Given his role in organizing the event I can’t help but feel he’ll probably have setup related details that would give him an advantage in the game.
Flopz
- He’s on my team so we can’t technically play together. Honestly, we picked him up to avoid the horrific toxic 1v1s he starts every game.
Osama bin laden (the real one)
– I know this is a controversial statement, but
I don’t want to play mafia with international terrorists
. Not even dead ones.
Hoptic
- It’s a hydra. It’s also one of my hydras. If it was in the game, I’d be less annoyed that someone on my BL got in, and more incredibly concerned about who’s out to get me.
Magnetic (parknourie alt)
– Banned a decade ago for alt-based cheating. I don’t want to see that in my team mafia games.
A hydra of everyone on mafiascum who wants to destroy team mafia to get revenge on the mods
– honestly this one is kind of self-explanatory. One or two of them are already on our team so we aren’t eligible to play together.
Tubbs (Hectic’s pet hamster)
- I don’t want to out their alt, but I’m glad they’re in the large theme and not this game.
Emperor Hadrian-
he blacklisted me like 1900 years ago and I blacklisted him back. I’d prefer not to get into it.
Explodernaught
- Not an existing account. I only want to play with real people nowadays.

Hope this helps anyone who wasn’t sure what a ‘Hopkirk’ was. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I don’t have a GTKAS, so if there’s anything you wanted to know, this is probably the best place to ask.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 13, hercule wrote:super is suspicious of Ythan for not reading my post yet considering there’s like 3 posts to read.

VOTE: Ythan
In post 19, the worst wrote:oh my meme worked Hercule is actually town
yeeet
+town on hercule
meh on theworst
In post 30, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VOTE: danfloor

Found scum!
if you've found scum why are you voting dan?
In post 44, Ythan wrote:Just do what feels right and folks will deal with it. Here watch.

VOTE: hercule
also nice
In post 69, hercule wrote:
In post 66, Dannflor wrote:hercule you mentioned that you were really excited to get this game started this morning, does your enthusiasm vary by alignment at all?

by extension is your activity generally similar (and I assume high) as both alignments?
honestly no idea i haven’t flipped scum in like 6 months

on the whole i generally dread being scum but it’s been so long it would be a nice change of pace
+town
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

@hercule - are you an alt of anyone? you read like an alt of someone
In post 76, AGar wrote:
In post 70, Dannflor wrote:
In post 67, AGar wrote:
In post 28, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: the worst
In post 29, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: ythan
Sup wit dis?
changed my mind

decided I valued attempting to start a wagon more than voting ducky
In all of half a minute?
bad shade. bad. bad posting. badbadbad
In post 78, Ythan wrote:I'm the absolute perfect level of drunk prepare to get wrecked. I guess still just Hercules though.
can you hyperpost while drunk? i find it obvtowns people a lot of the time. sus if you don't tbh.
if pressuring people to drink isn't allowed then sorry. feel free to come to me if you want any help giving the drinking up. i'm always ready to listen :]
In post 81, Titus wrote:VOTE: Agar

If you think Dann's scummy, why aren't you voting him?
good voting. rvs reason eh. NAI
In post 82, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: agar

sheeptitus.exe
i'm starting to like this penguin
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 147, Dannflor wrote:
In post 140, the worst wrote:they're making towny noises and want people to townread them so I'm obliging! i'll work out if I'm wrong later. Where u at on them?
maybe town? idk I'm more in a wait-and-see kinda mode. I vaguely liked his real time interaction with me just because it felt easy for him and unforced. but he really seems like a player I need to watch develop over a longer period of time especially to see if he maintains the same level of excitement and activity that he claims is emblematic of his town game

I was a little curious about your initial town read just because hercule has no meta on this site and the "excited hyperposter" poster persona is not one I've come to see as more town than not, in fact I think a lot of scum players default to that style at least at the start of the game in order to cover their weaknesses -- this is kind of a similar thought to unwnd's read on innocent villager. Anyway, I was wondering why you were so quick on the read given hercule could be a very experienced player and it didn't seem you had any history with them

that's briefly what I thought when I voted you and then I was like... nah that's probably stupid and voted ythan

it wasn't that deep beyond me having a moment of hesitation reading your posts and then just deciding to shelve it for later instead
In post 148, Dannflor wrote:I think hercule is an easy town read to make and I suppose could be town

but specifically I was stopped at your posts just because I know you as someone who tends to go below the surface level and then go a little deeper

granted page 1 but yknow
agreeing with this and liking Dann's thought process.
i'm feeling hercule is easy to townbin but also maybe
too easy
for scum to just townbin. slight eh on the worst

time to see what read hectic posting in the discord earlier
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:05 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Hectic's reads (heavily reworded to avoid quoting)
-Likes Dann's end of p6 posting (agreed) and the thought process between the two votes
- finds 22 from herc odd where he says he doesn't want to make a mountain out of the issue, then continues extending that conversation (eh, i'd see that as nai or very very lightly town leading thinking about incentives)
-jacko's friendly entrance/reaching out to several players for harmless banter is a slightly scum indicative entrance (i skimmed over this post initially, finding myself agreeing a bit i think? the vibes don't seem on point)
-Agar's questioning on Dann felt fake/couldn't understand what response Agar expected other than 'yep'/not looking for underlying reasons (agree, not a massive fan of agar but he also didn't do anything to look townie in those two posts tbh. reviewing gave me a vibe of like not really thinking about how people would look at the posts? flagging to interact with)
-townpings from 80 from Ythan and was vibing with DGB's attacks earlier (nice)
-the worst's 89 felt forced. hectic thought xtoxm was just thinking out loud and wasn't voicing a townlean. Some other good posts from TW but fakeable from hectic's pov as a lot of mech related (not sure what hectic means about the mech part. 89 does feel kind of weirdly reactive i agree. i also don't like the shade on dann in 97 that i noticed while skimming to find 89 in the iso).

VOTE: Jacko
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:22 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

a few thoughts on the incentives the scoring system provides

-without actually going over the numbers, scoring probably only matters if town wins 4/5 or 5/5 of the games. hence, scoring matters since my aura extends across my team.
-best score in game survey is the only one that's worth planning around because draws aren't likely enough to be worth planning around
-so our win condition is to win all of our games in a more visibly useful way than other players

-this gives us a fairly strong incentive not to be modkilled since it probably loses us the event, especially in the event of ties. i'll warn my teammate who only posts pictures of salt shakers when they're town not to risk it.

-normally i would be happy to sheep some of my townreads. this is a lot more difficult in this game because then they'll probably get more credit than me which hurts me in a tiebreak if they sweep their games too. therefore, it's tactically a good idea to either a.) steal credit for your townreads ideas and try to make it look like they're sheeping you, or probably better b.) pretend you're sheeping the reads your teammates gave you BEFORE your townreads gave you those reads. this makes it look like you're arriving at the reads as well which makes it look like collaberative solving rather than letting the good town players carry you. this strat even gives you extra points in the team based tiebreak

-giving everyone else in your game a 1 is, while not explicitly banned, a massive dick move. it's a pretty great idea to source a couple of players that you're okay with everyone hating who can do that to boost your team's odds while also maintaining plausible deniability by publicly decrying their horrible lack of honor. I recommend throwing a few 3s and 4s in there if you are the kind of bad person who'd go with this strategy.

-i will immediately policy vote anyone who tries to bring 'i'll give you a bad score if you vote me/if x' based blackmail into the game. i'm surprised this isn't already banned tbh, although it can be implicit that any pushes on someone (especially to lethal) may make them lower your score. this gives the, possibly intended, benefit that lethaling town as town isn't a good idea- both in game and in the wider world. it's almost like the mods thought this one through.

-we absolutely can't let it get to option 4 (the mods vote on a winner) as at that point they probably just vote for the modding team, or saying we're all winners and the real victory was the friends we made along the way. we need to team up against them to stop this happening. the best way to do that is probably to play our games properly and deal with the scoring in a reasonable and unbiased manner. sadly that probably means we're just playing into their hands, but i'm not concerned about losing to a chessmaster like penguin power, especially not when they're perched on Isis' shoulders.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

yes that was the best use of my time. nobody else was online. i don't have to answer to you
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 161, Hopkirk wrote:-giving everyone else in your game a 1 is, while not explicitly banned, a massive dick move.
An easy way to fix this would be to not count the two tiebreak team's votes for each other
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:32 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 159, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 147, Dannflor wrote:
In post 140, the worst wrote:they're making towny noises and want people to townread them so I'm obliging! i'll work out if I'm wrong later. Where u at on them?
maybe town? idk I'm more in a wait-and-see kinda mode. I vaguely liked his real time interaction with me just because it felt easy for him and unforced. but he really seems like a player I need to watch develop over a longer period of time especially to see if he maintains the same level of excitement and activity that he claims is emblematic of his town game

I was a little curious about your initial town read just because hercule has no meta on this site and the "excited hyperposter" poster persona is not one I've come to see as more town than not, in fact I think a lot of scum players default to that style at least at the start of the game in order to cover their weaknesses -- this is kind of a similar thought to unwnd's read on innocent villager. Anyway, I was wondering why you were so quick on the read given hercule could be a very experienced player and it didn't seem you had any history with them

that's briefly what I thought when I voted you and then I was like... nah that's probably stupid and voted ythan

it wasn't that deep beyond me having a moment of hesitation reading your posts and then just deciding to shelve it for later instead
In post 148, Dannflor wrote:I think hercule is an easy town read to make and I suppose could be town

but specifically I was stopped at your posts just because I know you as someone who tends to go below the surface level and then go a little deeper

granted page 1 but yknow
agreeing with this and liking Dann's thought process.
i'm feeling hercule is easy to townbin but also maybe
too easy
for scum to just townbin. slight eh on the worst

time to see what read hectic posting in the discord earlier
I don't see how hercule is towny from their posts so far.

Neutral, sure.

The townreads feel rushed and/or forced
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

that's a good fix.
also, we totally didn't draft two member of our team into team mafia to serve as hatred-scapegoats, what are you implying?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

did a reskim of the iso as it's short. i still feel like their vibes seem positive without seeming forced positive. i like stuff like
i generally dread being scum but it’s been so long it would be a nice change of pace
i’ll vibe in the thread on mobile some but i’m already not really liking the experience so probably will be around more tmro

cheers :) happy to be here, i’m sure i’ll get a chance to introduce myself more
I think it’s a good enough reason to vote someone atm!
should i be reading this neutrally? obviously i need to talk this read through with hectic was he had a different vibe-impression to me

(i read a couple of names of teammates people were dropping and got worried i was posting in the wrong thread for a minute...)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

to clarify, the townreads herc is giving, or the ones they're getting look forced? i agree on the second bit, but i read it as the first way above- i don't really get a forced impression from their posts
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 166, Hopkirk wrote:should i be reading this neutrally?
I am

They can be excited to play team mafia but have rolled scum

People aren't even using meta, they're saying he's excited, so he must be town, which doesn't really make sense, especially without knowing who this person is
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i am refreshing this a lot and i got up two hours earlier than i planned to today because of team mafia. can anyone consult with their teams over whether this is a healthy approach to the event?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »

The ones they are getting look forced or people are too eager to townread one of the only people who were posting
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 169, Hopkirk wrote:i am refreshing this a lot and i got up two hours earlier than i planned to today because of team mafia. can anyone consult with their teams over whether this is a healthy approach to the event?
Most players aren't going to be online at this time. In 2-3 hours activity tends to pick up
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:42 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 168, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 166, Hopkirk wrote:should i be reading this neutrally?
I am

They can be excited to play team mafia but have rolled scum

People aren't even using meta, they're saying he's excited, so he must be town, which doesn't really make sense, especially without knowing who this person is
true, i generally fall back to 'town are more likely to be excited than mafia', but i think it has some genuine pings?
how do you feel about the worst's position on herc?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 8, the worst wrote:hi ythan. am I your friend? if not are you offended that I replied? what do you make of hercule being town?
In post 19, the worst wrote:oh my meme worked Hercule is actually town
yeeet
In post 93, the worst wrote:
In post 38, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 32, hercule wrote:
In post 29, Dannflor wrote:VOTE: ythan
why
VOTE: hercule

Already nervous.
Hercule town is my only non fake read and I LOVE that you're voting there
In post 140, the worst wrote:
In post 112, Almost50 wrote:
In post 8, the worst wrote:hi ythan. am I your friend? if not are you offended that I replied? what do you make of hercule being town?
How the quack do you know hercule is town already? Just because AT&T betrayed him doesn't automatically make him a goof guy. AT&T could be early bus'ing
it was a joke. BUT....... it turns out I was probably right so I'm gonna claim psychic powers?
In post 121, Dannflor wrote:the worst why are you town reading hercule?
they're making towny noises and want people to townread them so I'm obliging! i'll work out if I'm wrong later. Where u at on them?
I don't think a townread at post 19 makes sense, they don't explain any reasons until post 140 and when they do it's lame
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:52 am

Post by Hopkirk »

jackson will know i'm watching him either way (not in a creepy way jackson...)

VOTE: the worst

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”