Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Zaiden »

I like doggos. And I like people who say I am funny. Therefore I like PinkBall for now. To PinkBall - would you say that a peach is dare I say, a pink ball?

In retrospect through reading their posts, I'm actually getting decent vibes from SPF despite the fact they're an anarchist. What they said about how they want to approach the game aligns with how I'm seeking to approach the game as town. I like forcing engagement too to gauge people based on their interaction with me. Or at least their interactions with others.

Everyone's piling onto Cheetory and I did think it was kind of suspicious at first. But reading through their posts, Cheetory comes across as scummy for saying that meta is bad if that makes sense. Because I would think the opposite based on playing in real life and what little forum I have played before (like one game but most of the players in that game were people I knew irl). Maybe it's different in a big forum with people you don't actually know on a personal basis. So correct me if I'm wrong. But I have my reservations about that. It could be an attempt to discredit links to scum pattern from previous games. To other players - does meta matter on forum (could be less effective since we don't see each other/can't pick up cues for lies/etc)? And Cheetory normally say that meta doesn't matter? If this is just their usual line on D1 then there's actually nothing much to read into here.

Cheetory, could you elaborate on why meta doesn't matter? If you had to name a player in this game whose meta you are most familiar with, who would it be and what impression do you have of them? If you don't know anyone else here, then I think your proclamation is fair game. Or if you do know people here, is it more like meta doesn't matter for D1 because there's too little of a sample size to go off of?

Finally I like peaches. But I'm more of a melons man if I may say so myself.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Zaiden »

@SPF, how high is your protection factor? If I rub you all over my peaches, would that protect them from sunburn?
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Zaiden »

(Okay my teammates just panicked and told me I'm not allowed to post that but I don't know how to delete it and don't think I can. Sorry.)
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Zaiden »

Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Zaiden »

(Memes provided courtesy of Hectic)
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 164, Cheetory6 wrote:the amount of effort one would need to dedicate to meta in order for it to be really effective is beyond what it's probably worth,
it's very easy for people to get wrong,
and most people aren't going to be able to/be willing to follow an argument you make for someone being a specific alignment based on it.

and I say all of this as someone who has been too reliant on meta in the past.
(plus if I say meta is trash enough I can hopefully convince myself not to read any games besides this one which would also be awesome.)
zaiden wrote:If you had to name a player in this game whose meta you are most familiar with, who would it be and what impression do you have of them?
I'm most experienced with gamma/maria/jingle but will be doing my best to read them within the context of this game, partially for the sake of my own sanity, and also in honour of the tidbit at the bottom of post 1 page 1.

I think my gamma thoughts are pretty apparent.
Maria is null.
Jingle feels particularly difficult to read atm.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

towny meme
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 am

Post by midwaybear »

Jake's vote on spf implies that he was reading back on the votes of his wagon. I think I would find this slightly town indicative because reading back on his votes implies that he is trying to sort his wagon.
However, I also don't agree with almost everything he said on the ensuing page or so, but he seems to generally believe in what he is saying? Meh.
In post 134, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Why wouldn't you push someone because you wanted to hear more from them, instead of "Well I wanted to feel special in making a wagon!!!"
I'm really not sure where you got that spf wanted to feel special in making a wagon? Also, why do you think "concentrating momentum" on you is scummy? Do you think you were in danger of actually being asked to leave?
In post 141, Something_Smart wrote:Why is having a trashy vote and not following up scummy for her?
In general, would you not view this as scummy?
In post 150, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Reading the playstyle of a player isn't meta.

Imterpreting the actions of the present with the past to scumhunt is meta.
But is that not your ultimate goal when you read the playstyle of a player?

Cheetory seems townie from 172 and 173.
In post 184, Gamma Emerald wrote:but your response to SPF wasn't exactly great
What wasn't great? This feels like a safe way to pile on a wagon, and I'd like to get more from you.
In post 187, MariaR wrote:I'll start reading the game seriously at page 14 until then hf friends~
This seems more in line from my past experience, but I'm also wondering why you decided to enter the way you did with the joke about peaches.

Confused as to what Spring Breeze is doing.
In post 225, Zaiden wrote:What they said about how they want to approach the game aligns with how I'm seeking to approach the game as town.
I can see how you would view it as townie, but I also think the general approach is pretty easily fakeable as scum? How do you feel about the spf/Jake interaction then? Do you think it's genuine from her?
In post 225, Zaiden wrote:But I have my reservations about that. It could be an attempt to discredit links to scum pattern from previous games.
Maybe? But I also don't think a lot of scum players would call meta bad for the reason of discrediting meta scumreads. I think the alternate theory that "meta bad" is, well, meta for him is more likely.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:41 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 213, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 163, staypositivefriend wrote:VOTE: Gamma Emerald

felt cute, might delete later
Distancing
How can this be distancing? Your read on Gamma seems neutral from what I can see.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:42 am

Post by midwaybear »

nvm disregard that
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think Jake's response to the wagon is moreso town knowing his history~

Zaiden's entrance looks town
Gamma needs to get something better then his Jake vote
I think SPF's more recent posts looked better

VOTE: spring breeze
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:59 am

Post by midwaybear »

VOTE: Spring Breeze
Feel like Cakez and I are eye to eye on this read.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Zaiden »

Let's go lads. I'm down to take out these simpathisers.

VOTE: Spring Breeze

@SpringBreeze, why did you vote me when I didn't have a chance to defend myself and why are you encouraging simping?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 235, SirCakez wrote:Zaiden's entrance looks town
i could totally see him being coached if that's why you TR him
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

??? it's not I think it read genuinely
Why do you assume coaching?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 237, Zaiden wrote:why did you vote me when I didn't have a chance to defend myself
It is site meta for people to randomly vote in the early stages of the game.

Thinking Gypyx is townie for challenging Cakez read on Zaiden.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 239, SirCakez wrote:??? it's not I think it read genuinely
because he's new to FM specifically so his team / scumteam would probably tip him on what's best to do?

although idk

bottom text
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 232, midwaybear wrote:
In post 225, Zaiden wrote:What they said about how they want to approach the game aligns with how I'm seeking to approach the game as town.
I can see how you would view it as townie, but I also think the general approach is pretty easily fakeable as scum? How do you feel about the spf/Jake interaction then? Do you think it's genuine from her?
In post 225, Zaiden wrote:But I have my reservations about that. It could be an attempt to discredit links to scum pattern from previous games.
Maybe? But I also don't think a lot of scum players would call meta bad for the reason of discrediting meta scumreads. I think the alternate theory that "meta bad" is, well, meta for him is more likely.
[/quote]

From my perspective, that's my approach as town so I can personally buy into that. It is fakeable. But eventually inconsistencies will pile up right? If scum if forced to go back on their claims, die on hills or even backtrack. So it feels like a win-win, since if you force an interaction from mafia early that causes them to make a mistake that can't be retrieved, it's possible to notice these things later on when we figure more stuff out about the game. So I think it would be difficult for SPF to keep up the charade if they are trying to trick me. And it's a good place to start since we can go about operating on our shared modus operandi to get the results we both want. As for my thoughts on SPF/Jake interactions, what does LHF mean? And why are LHF scummy? If you're asking me who I think would be bad between them, Jake kept asking Gamma who should be killed rather than reads/why someone else should be killed. Seems less productive/helpful to me than what SPF is attempting.

As for your second sentence that doesn't even make sense to me. Would you be able to better explain/re-phrase: "I think the alternate theory that "meta bad" is, well, meta for him is more likely." Because I don't know what you were trying to say here.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:20 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

lhf is low hanging fruit or someone who is easy to be pushed, with the implication that mafia will try to take advantage of it.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Zaiden »

In post 239, SirCakez wrote:??? it's not I think it read genuinely
They are coaching me on how to read you guys on forum. But that opening? No way. That's my own magnum opus. Although the idea of a blacklist came from them because we were doing that as a team.

*Chef's Kiss*
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I believe the implication is that this page would have been coached.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 200, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 109, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: Noraa
Come on.
booo
<3333333333333333333
ikr

Also Hi Gypyx!
*noms on another peach*
UT gave me an entire bowl of peaches and now I get to eat them all game long :P
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:28 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 242, Zaiden wrote:But eventually inconsistencies will pile up right? If scum if forced to go back on their claims, die on hills or even backtrack. So it feels like a win-win, since if you force an interaction from mafia early that causes them to make a mistake that can't be retrieved
Hmm. I'm not really sure what you mean here. How are you anticipating these inconsistencies to look like? If you mean that their progressions will eventually fall apart, that could happen, but capable players tend to be able to cover their tracks on that front.
In post 242, Zaiden wrote:what does LHF mean? And why are LHF scummy?
LHF stands for Low Hanging Fruit which means that they generally are scumread as either alignment due to playstyle reasons.
In post 242, Zaiden wrote:Jake kept asking Gamma who should be killed rather than reads/why someone else should be killed. Seems less productive/helpful to me than what SPF is attempting.
Perhaps less productive, so I can see that you might think Jake is less townie than spf. Do you scumread him though? I think asking who should be killed generally leads into a conversation about why.
In post 242, Zaiden wrote:Would you be able to better explain/re-phrase: "I think the alternate theory that "meta bad" is, well, meta for him is more likely."
Yeah, I just meant that Cheetory might have past history of being against meta.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:30 am

Post by midwaybear »

Noraa, when are you planning on doing things?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 248, midwaybear wrote:Noraa, when are you planning on doing things?
Why do you care? It's like page 10.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”