TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 329, OkaPoka wrote:can confirm dkkoba has a massive crush on hercule from epicmafia
Finally some quality content.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:09 am

In post 333, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 332, DrippingGoofball wrote:I am not liking Hopkirk's non-game related busywork. It feels like game avoidance.
meh even though most of hopkirk's posts are not really game related he's still in the upper %'s of game related posts
I don't get good feelings from any of the posts because they are massively bloated.

I prefer terse, meaning-dense posts like #329.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 351, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 332, DrippingGoofball wrote:I am not liking Hopkirk's non-game related busywork. It feels like game avoidance.
meh even though most of hopkirk's posts are not really game related he's still in the upper %'s of game related posts
I don't get good feelings from any of the posts because they are massively bloated.

cant really say he's avoiding the game though can u?

strip away the fluff he's still in the top for game-related content, even if there is a lot of fluff
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:11 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Now tell me what you're talking about. You've just changed from 'non game related' to 'bloated'.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 am

In post 339, Hopkirk wrote:i've been online and posting in some manner all day and you say i'm avoiding the thread? you gonna claim you've being 'sleeping' or 'working' or 'spending time with your family' or some other bullshit excuse? spare me.
No, you're avoiding the topic of the game.

Attacking me personally
for things you predict I will do
(things that I am not in the habit of doing, BTW) has my scumdar vibrating, buzzing, and shaking itself off the lab bench.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 am

In post 353, Hopkirk wrote:Now tell me what you're talking about. You've just changed from 'non game related' to 'bloated'.
It's the same thing.

Who do you expect to convince with this nonsense?

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 160, Hopkirk wrote:Hectic's reads (heavily reworded to avoid quoting)
-Likes Dann's end of p6 posting (agreed) and the thought process between the two votes
- finds 22 from herc odd where he says he doesn't want to make a mountain out of the issue, then continues extending that conversation (eh, i'd see that as nai or very very lightly town leading thinking about incentives)
-jacko's friendly entrance/reaching out to several players for harmless banter is a slightly scum indicative entrance (i skimmed over this post initially, finding myself agreeing a bit i think? the vibes don't seem on point)
-Agar's questioning on Dann felt fake/couldn't understand what response Agar expected other than 'yep'/not looking for underlying reasons (agree, not a massive fan of agar but he also didn't do anything to look townie in those two posts tbh. reviewing gave me a vibe of like not really thinking about how people would look at the posts? flagging to interact with)
-townpings from 80 from Ythan and was vibing with DGB's attacks earlier (nice)
-the worst's 89 felt forced. hectic thought xtoxm was just thinking out loud and wasn't voicing a townlean. Some other good posts from TW but fakeable from hectic's pov as a lot of mech related (not sure what hectic means about the mech part. 89 does feel kind of weirdly reactive i agree. i also don't like the shade on dann in 97 that i noticed while skimming to find 89 in the iso).

VOTE: Jacko
posts like these are enough to make me town lean Hopkirk

especially having his teammates input with developed thoughts so early in the game speaks good things towards his alignment
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:14 am

In post 352, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 351, DrippingGoofball wrote:

cant really say he's avoiding the game though can u?

strip away the fluff he's still in the top for game-related content, even if there is a lot of fluff
That's exactly what I am saying. I never said he's avoiding the thread. I said he's avoiding talking about the game.

Are there any other massive crushes I should know about?

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

I would more put slots like ythan or A50 in the "avoiding the game in favor of fluff" category
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:16 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i mean he really isn't avoiding talking about the game

he's made plenty of game related posts in between his talks of modkills and conversations with this teammates about life
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:18 am

In post 356, Dannflor wrote:especially having his teammates input with developed thoughts so early in the game speaks good things towards his alignment
Meh. The team mates weighing in is hardly AI. If anything, there's more strategy and cunning involved in playing scum, I know I'd want to run things by my team mates. When you roll town you're in the dark, as are your team mates.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 354, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 339, Hopkirk wrote:i've been online and posting in some manner all day and you say i'm avoiding the thread? you gonna claim you've being 'sleeping' or 'working' or 'spending time with your family' or some other bullshit excuse? spare me.

Attacking me personally
(things that I am not in the habit of doing, BTW) has my scumdar vibrating, buzzing, and shaking itself off the lab bench.

Point to what you're talking about. That's not hard, it's arguably easier than not addressing it like you current aren't.
What am I attacking you for that I think you'll do exactly?
In post 355, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 353, Hopkirk wrote:Now tell me what you're talking about. You've just changed from 'non game related' to 'bloated'.
It's the same thing.

Those are incredibly different things. Non game related is non game related. Bloated you might want to define, because that has entirely different connotations. That would mean that my posts were overly padded unless I don't know the meanings of words of a sudden or unless you get creative with those definitions
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:18 am

In post 359, OkaPoka wrote:i mean he really isn't avoiding talking about the game

he's made plenty of game related posts in between his talks of modkills and conversations with this teammates about life
LOL

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:19 am

In post 361, Hopkirk wrote:

Attacking me personally

Point to what you're talking about
. That's not hard, it's arguably easier than not addressing it like you current aren't.
It's the same thing.

Those are incredibly different things. Non game related is non game related. Bloated you might want to define, because that has entirely different connotations. That would mean that my posts were overly padded unless I don't know the meanings of words of a sudden or unless you get creative with those definitions
It's right there in post #339, that I cited.

Are you tossing spaghetti?

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:20 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 360, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 356, Dannflor wrote:especially having his teammates input with developed thoughts so early in the game speaks good things towards his alignment
Meh. The team mates weighing in is hardly AI. If anything, there's more strategy and cunning involved in playing scum, I know I'd want to run things by my team mates. When you roll town you're in the dark, as are your team mates.
It's more that Hectic *volunteered* some fairly substantial thoughts so early in the game, showing that he's keeping up with the game in almost real time. Certainly I'd expect good team mates to keep up regardless of alignment, it's more just the fact that it was unprompted spew that I liked
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:21 am

I am outnumbered. I guess I'm just going to have to take things in my own hands and vig him.

Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 363, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 361, Hopkirk wrote:

Attacking me personally

Point to what you're talking about
. That's not hard, it's arguably easier than not addressing it like you current aren't.
It's the same thing.

It's right there in post #339, that I cited.

Are you tossing spaghetti?
so you're saying that you don't eat or sleep? quit bullshitting and answer the question
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 365, DrippingGoofball wrote:I am outnumbered. I guess I'm just going to have to take things in my own hands and vig him.
pretty garbage reaction to being called out for specifics. how is 'being outnumbered' an issue if you plan to explain your thought process and haven't been able to yet? weak copout
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:29 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

DGB going super saiyaan
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 327, implosion wrote:innocentvillager (4): unwnd, Dunnstral, Dannflor, OkaPoka
This is a travesty
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 365, DrippingGoofball wrote:I am outnumbered. I guess I'm just going to have to take things in my own hands and vig him.
I'm not really attempting to talk you down

Did you get the same sense of avoiding the actual game while in thread from anyone else while you were reading through?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:31 am

Post by unwnd »

Pipe down ABR I still rememmber Fake Peoples
Stop
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:33 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 369, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 327, implosion wrote:innocentvillager (4): unwnd, Dunnstral, Dannflor, OkaPoka
This is a travesty
is the travesty too many on IV or not enough on your scumread (presumably Dann)

and why not weigh in on DGB while you're here, it's pretty fun
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 372, Hopkirk wrote:is the travesty too many on IV or not enough on your scumread (presumably Dann)
There's no way ABR genuinely thinks Dann was scum and I'm not sure why you believed it
Stop
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Hopkirk »

my partner Flopz has just noted, while congratulating me for getting into this toxic 1v1, that DGB probably meant I was 'bloating' the thread by making lots of posts rather than that my individual posts were bloated. that's bullshit too. i make all of my posts for reasons

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”