samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 1622, SirCakez wrote:He is reading in this game tho
he read some, got bored, pretended to fish for information by asking people to summarize events he hadn't read, went back to reading and got bored again and started skimming, then moved to skimming my ISO instead of the thread

his posts since joining have been self-centered and defensive, and don't show a genuine interest in knowing what happened in this game or who mafia are

when you know all the answers you don't have to

VOTE: mathblade
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1623, Rei and Asuka wrote:Ircher didn't discuss self-voting with you??
He did, I never self vote as town so I was like,
Dude.
Why.

and then he answered in a fairly conventional but he has his own method and his own way. I'm not going to interfere with that. If he wants to explain he will.

-Bell.
Hydra of Ircher and Bell.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Well technically N1 because adventure,

I don’t look at the what someone says unless it’s backed up.

I look at the “how” it’s said and why they’re saying it and what their motivation is.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1625, samantha97 wrote:
he read some, got bored, pretended to fish for information by asking people to summarize events he hadn't read, went back to reading and got bored again and started skimming, then moved to skimming my ISO instead of the thread

his posts since joining have been self-centered and defensive, and don't show a genuine interest in knowing what happened in this game or who mafia are

Lol I am literally trying to sort someone who has been the center of this day. There comes a point when you do go back and forth. There comes a sweet spot where you keep current and go back. You’re more than welcome to push this incorrect narrative and hell, you may just even succeed. The question then becomes why were you able to?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1627, MathBlade wrote:Well technically N1 because adventure,

I look at the “how” it’s said and why they’re saying it and what their motivation is.
What prompted you to run that gambit N1?
What was your motivation there?

What was their motivation here?
I don't see much of a reason to approach like this unless you just look at the wall of words and think
well, it's bad to mass claim, but maybe she's scum fake claiming a role that could backfire terribly for the chance to get a bunch of other roles to claim.
If she has the guts for that.
Bravo.

-Bell.
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

if klickslot+norweeslot+ircher slot is 3/3 then this is the most wim-dictated game I've ever seen

not a hero solve just a thought that crossed my mind lol

-A
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1628, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1625, samantha97 wrote:

Lol I am literally trying to sort someone who has been the center of this day. There comes a point when you do go back and forth. There comes a sweet spot where you keep current and go back. You’re more than welcome to push this incorrect narrative and hell, you may just even succeed. The question then becomes why were you able to?
I think because she has been the center of this day that there is a lot of information out in the open that points to her being town.
Shutting down this challenge from her point of view makes significant sense to me.

-Bell.
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1630, Rei and Asuka wrote:if klickslot+norweeslot+ircher slot is 3/3 then this is the most wim-dictated game I've ever seen

not a hero solve just a thought that crossed my mind lol

-A
Lol, if you think I can play like this as scum.

-Bell.
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by Sequence »

Well, maybe that explains why you said ircher slot instead of mentioning me.
that hurts you know. :(

-Bell
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by Titus »

Samantha, back off of Math. Even if you're right, he'll give associatives. If you're wrong, town!Math will defend the scums, telling us who they are. Math is a poor execution day 1.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

In post 1632, Sequence wrote:Lol, if you think I can play like this as scum.
...like what? how would you describe your play so far?

and yeah I was referring to rep outs + self-votes lmao, so no not really referring to you for that metric

-A
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

In post 1634, Titus wrote:Samantha, back off of Math. Even if you're right, he'll give associatives. If you're wrong, town!Math will defend the scums, telling us who they are. Math is a poor execution day 1.
1+1=3!

VOTE: Maths
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Sequence »

I would describe my play so far as all over the place and friendly in a way I wouldn't be comfortable with as scum.
Interacting and making myself largely available whenever I have spare time. Not lurking. Having relatively more nuanced reads and approaches than I have as scum.
With more solving than I usually have as scum too.

Likely, I missed a lot of questions. I'm a few pages spotty on a fully read game.

-Bell.

How would you describe your play so far?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1629, Sequence wrote:
In post 1627, MathBlade wrote:Well technically N1 because adventure,

What prompted you to run that gambit N1?
What was your motivation there?

What was their motivation here?
I don't see much of a reason to approach like this unless you just look at the wall of words and think
well, it's bad to mass claim, but maybe she's scum fake claiming a role that could backfire terribly for the chance to get a bunch of other roles to claim.
If she has the guts for that.
Bravo.

-Bell.
What prompted me to run that gambit was my rolePM of Alien. If someone was jailkept I can use it for cover as well as game state control. What moved it up was a cop check was a reward and I didn’t want JaeReed who had control over it to check my buddy. So I included the claim as manipulation to get him to check Karnos who turned out to be our traitor. I had to get into a townblock somehow due to our buddy being dayvigged so I saw an opportunity. When scum I work off opportunity and get people to think things I want them to. If I get elimmed as scum it’s because either A) I want it or B) I made a rare mistake. Ask the old foagies. I get strongman killed for obvTown as Bp big bad in Gistou. I work off misdirection when scum, I don’t miselim town town does. I just wish I was scum here because opportunities are ripe for it.

Their motivation here, hard to say without knowing their role PM. My gut is they are 3P but that’s purely gut based on tone of post. My theory is that if they can convince us to claim then they can can get their wincon fast enough to where it won’t matter. Hell it may be true in all but alignment (ie just remove the friendly part) I don’t know enough to fathom a why. I just know that if she’s town and she really wanted a mass claim she’d have been open to me sorting her and not just reactively voting me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1634, Titus wrote:Samantha, back off of Math. Even if you're right, he'll give associatives. If you're wrong, town!Math will defend the scums, telling us who they are. Math is a poor execution day 1.
In our last game, didn't he die last on the scum team.
I can't remember if you made the same argument there.

-Bell.
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Sequence »

So your fake claim was even at the earliest a reaction to the game state, known roles and actions coming up in order to divert power role actions hypothesized or other.
I don't really see that being the case here with Samantha.

But okay.

-Bell.
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

In post 1637, Sequence wrote:I would describe my play so far as all over the place and friendly in a way I wouldn't be comfortable with as scum.
Interacting and making myself largely available whenever I have spare time. Not lurking. Having relatively more nuanced reads and approaches than I have as scum.
With more solving than I usually have as scum too.

Likely, I missed a lot of questions. I'm a few pages spotty on a fully read game.

-Bell.

How would you describe your play so far?

I'm not sure I see those first three points like at all yet? Can you give me a breakdown of your current reads or point me to your most recent post giving such a breakdown?

Idk about my own play, probably 'colored by drunkposting' and 'incredibly correct on my townblock' with a splash of 'basically three townreads from winning the game through sheer poe' :P

-A
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Sequence »

I'm not exactly keen on limming Math rn. I think he needs some time to work his magic before we pass judgment.
~Ircher
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1640, Sequence wrote:So your fake claim was even at the earliest a reaction to the game state, known roles and actions coming up in order to divert power role actions hypothesized or other.

But okay.

-Bell.
But that’s literally what she said. She said a majority of us had either claimed or crumbed.

Assuming she is town, she is 100% attempting to control gamestate via a mass claim. That’s literally what she asked.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by samantha97 »

pls don't engage with him until there's evidence he actually read the thread

it's just anti-town noise
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by Sequence »

A reads list from everyone would be nice.
~Ircher
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1025, samantha97 wrote:If you couldn't tell already, I think being as open and honest as possible as soon as possible is the best way for town to win mafia games in general. Especially in a game with as many booby traps as this one. I strongly suggest we do the dreaded ~Day 1 Massclaim~
This right here.

She’s openly advocating for honest mass claiming here.

That’s the kind of honesty that scum use and fuck with everyone.

She literally noted hey XYZ said “blah” in a nice fucking convenient post for scum might I add, then asked to compound that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:47 pm

Post by Sequence »

In post 1643, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1640, Sequence wrote:So your fake claim was even at the earliest a reaction to the game state, known roles and actions coming up in order to divert power role actions hypothesized or other.

But okay.

-Bell.
But that’s literally what she said. She said a majority of us had either claimed or crumbed.

Assuming she is town, she is 100% attempting to control gamestate via a mass claim. That’s literally what she asked.
Since she has been consistent with her claim behaviorally. Remarkably so.
Bluntly put you are misapplying your own experiences to her play this game. Which is far to early to take a bet on. Unless she's the type to make huge, risky gambits that back fire easily. She would have essentially needed to have decided to fake claim and stick to that fake claim before 2 pages of the game occurred.
I've never seen a single scum player do that.

-Bell.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That’s exactly taking advantage of a gamestate to your advantage. The only question is whether it’s town!Sam 3P!Sam or scum!Sam

If it is the former then we may be in trouble. If it’s the latter we elim her and if it is the middle then I don’t know what the fuck we do
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1647, Sequence wrote:
In post 1643, MathBlade wrote:

But okay.

-Bell.

Since she has been consistent with her claim behaviorally. Remarkably so.
Bluntly put you are misapplying your own experiences to her play this game. Which is far to early to take a bet on. Unless she's the type to make huge, risky gambits that back fire easily. She would have essentially needed to have decided to fake claim and stick to that fake claim before 2 pages of the game occurred.
I've never seen a single scum player do that.

-Bell.

Alright I will take it under advisement and reread but something feels very very wrong here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”