TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

So you agree that A50 early posting was bad and that JV is a viable vote but you're SRing me for... reasons?

Like have you explained why you don't like me this game yet? I'm still not really seeing it?

Or are you not SRing me at the moment?
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:34 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 663, Hopkirk wrote:second too votes i'm less happy with, this one moreso than the other one
This is kind of frustrating.

So you misremembered that I TR ABR very early in our last game together, and tried to shade me with that. You were incorrect.

Now this vote is something I specifically did last game, and you're saying you don't like it.

Obviously it can come from either alignment, but it really feels to me like you're picking and choosing here. Do you see where I'm coming from?
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Like anyone can cherrypick stuff that happened from one game and try to use it to their argument, but if you're going to play it that way then you have to provide reasoning as to why it's giving you bad vibes. How do you think that vote on AGar compares to my one on Infinity last game, if you have the time to look back at that?
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Ydrasse thinks you're town.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:39 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Hey, ABR.

In Guns and Roses V, you and DGB were both happy to sheep each other at various points of D1. You townread DGB that game.

What's different this game? Why is it pinging you as scum this time around?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:40 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You play nice when everybody has a gun.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Well, that's not true. You were happy to make bold reads on other people that game, including myself.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 am

Who are you?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Uncrowned!
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Let me put that in my signature.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:46 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 671, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 664, Hopkirk wrote:can you talk more about the discussion you two had? i don't follow how (you scumread AGar)+(Infinity says they TR agar)>this. i want more details on the conversation?
Where did you gather that I SR AGar? Wagon vote?

I like wagons.

@DGB

I SR both A50 and JV. I will vote either one of them. Whichever one is more likely to be elimmed.
the wagon vote.
In post 672, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 663, Hopkirk wrote:So when me/hectic said we didn't like their opening how come you didn't agree or comment on it when we were doing our 1v1? i think your 1v1 was the one where someone brought up 'hopkirk isn't commenting on my comments on A50' so i don't fully get why you wouldn't have commented on my thoughts on agar when i was saying we were paying attention to them?
Didn't see it.
In post 675, Winter Flakes wrote:So you agree that A50 early posting was bad and that JV is a viable vote but you're SRing me for... reasons?

Like have you explained why you don't like me this game yet? I'm still not really seeing it?

Or are you not SRing me at the moment?
are you talking to me?
i'm not SRing, i'm still in my sorting phase where i'm trying to get better reads. basically what i said to MT last game where i was throwing some shade at her as being different as i wasn't sure what i thought of it which she interpreted as me SRing her. idk yet and i'm trying to think what i think of you/johnny atm
In post 676, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 663, Hopkirk wrote:second too votes i'm less happy with, this one moreso than the other one
This is kind of frustrating.

So you misremembered that I TR ABR very early in our last game together, and tried to shade me with that. You were incorrect.

Now this vote is something I specifically did last game, and you're saying you don't like it.

Obviously it can come from either alignment, but it really feels to me like you're picking and choosing here. Do you see where I'm coming from?
i don't really get what you mean/see what you're comparing to last game? can you clarify
In post 678, Winter Flakes wrote:Ydrasse thinks you're town.
yay :oops:
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 685, Hopkirk wrote:i don't really get what you mean/see what you're comparing to last game? can you clarify
I'm referring to when I joined the Infinity wagon that ended up being the elim of D1. I feel there's similarities between that and my vote on AGar.
-Uncrowned Alt
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 677, Winter Flakes wrote:Like anyone can cherrypick stuff that happened from one game and try to use it to their argument, but if you're going to play it that way then you have to provide reasoning as to why it's giving you bad vibes. How do you think that vote on AGar compares to my one on Infinity last game, if you have the time to look back at that?
looks pretty similar tbh?
your overall play doesn't feel the same but/feels like you're more kind of working with other people? but you said last game that that game wasn't how you normally play. do you think this is closer to your usual town style?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Hopkirk »

^i looked at the game when i realized what you meant.

"looks pretty similar tbh?"

should be without the ?
looks pretty similar tbh.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:49 am

What makes you think I put any effort in being consistent from post to post, let alone between games? If you knew exactly how I played and what I suspected, couldn't you simply counterplay me easily based on meta?

The only rules I follow are in this article: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... Large_Game

I vote for pressure, press for claim, make a decision to end or extend the day, and then identify what strategy makes sense for scum. It's a recipe that works well for me, and is general enough that it can't be counterplayed.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 687, Hopkirk wrote:do you think this is closer to your usual town style?
Yeah, this is more my style when I'm taking things a bit more seriously, I'd say.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 689, Albert B. Rampage wrote:What makes you think I put any effort in being consistent from post to post, let alone between games? If you knew exactly how I played and what I suspected, couldn't you simply counterplay me easily based on meta?
I feel like that's not really what I'm asking about though?

It's not about putting in effort to be consistent, it's that you're outright calling the same thing town in one game, and scum in the other, with no context put into it? You were town last game when you called it town, and now I don't know you're alignment and you're calling it scummy. I just want to understand the thought process behind it, or if it's different in some way I'm not understanding.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:53 am

Post by hercule »

In post 626, Winter Flakes wrote:Also yes I am approaching the game from a Scum!A50 standpoint because that is my view. Why would I approach it otherwise? Seems counter-intuitive to me.
staypositivefriend's point was that she read you as basically **starting** with A50 scum and reading the game that way rather than striving to ascertain their alignment. I'm not sure if I can clarify it anymore than that. Basically she is suspecting you of having an agenda w.r.t. A50
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:56 am

The specifics of why I vote don't matter and is chosen from a hat, the important thing is exerting pressure.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 690, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 687, Hopkirk wrote:do you think this is closer to your usual town style?
Yeah, this is more my style when I'm taking things a bit more seriously, I'd say.
has hectic got much experience with you/any games you think are similar? i'll probably ask him anyway.
In post 692, hercule wrote:
In post 626, Winter Flakes wrote:Also yes I am approaching the game from a Scum!A50 standpoint because that is my view. Why would I approach it otherwise? Seems counter-intuitive to me.
staypositivefriend's point was that she read you as basically **starting** with A50 scum and reading the game that way rather than striving to ascertain their alignment. I'm not sure if I can clarify it anymore than that. Basically she is suspecting you of having an agenda w.r.t. A50
what's the scum motivation there? I think A50 is a strong slot right and the argument doesn't strike me as though WF is making it expecting to see a big wagon from just what they've said? Am I missing some of SPF's thoughts here?
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:58 am

Post by hercule »

@Albert can you elaborate on your FOS on Agar? Or at a minimum the reasoning behind your desire to pressure them?

pedit: lol what do you mean your vote is chosen from a hat? if you don't reveal any of your thought process how do you expect to be read? do you think it's >50 rand that Agar is scum? what do you make of his reaction if it's solely for pressure?
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:59 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Hectic played Trust Fall and Assassin's In The Palace with me but they were very casual games.

I can't remember if he's played or co-modded other games I've been in outside of the last one you and I played, but it's possible he's seen me around.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:59 am

The difference between us Uncrowned is that you look for a reason to vote, and I vote, push, hammer, repeat, and then at the end I will put together the evidence to support a theory to solve the game.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:59 am

Post by hercule »

In post 694, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 690, Winter Flakes wrote:
has hectic got much experience with you/any games you think are similar? i'll probably ask him anyway.
In post 692, hercule wrote:
what's the scum motivation there? I think A50 is a strong slot right and the argument doesn't strike me as though WF is making it expecting to see a big wagon from just what they've said? Am I missing some of SPF's thoughts here?
did you read the entirety of the post I made with her reads? just asking so I know the context of this post you just made before we continue
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:00 am

Post by unwnd »

ABR I think you're town

You can burn me later, your vote on AGar is pure and Ceph is townie as well

This can be your redemption to what you did to me in Fake Peoples
Stop