Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Super »

In post 696, Autumn Leaves wrote:
Spoiler: a bit about me
I'm a nervous person. Idk why, but whenever there's a lot of stimulation, or I've been thinking about something a lot in advance, my first response is to be nervous. Maybe I'm worried that it won't go as well as I imagined it, like you said. Sometimes I really look forward to something and it only goes ok and I hate it when that happens. I also could be worried that I'll put a lot of pressure on myself and it will make me perform worse, since I don't perform well under pressure. I know it doesn't make a ton of sense because it's just a mafia game but I really wanna do well and I often put pressure on myself when it doesn't make sense to do so.

Ok that was a bit personal but I hope it helps
aw, thanks for being so open and honest about your feelings, I respect that a lot. I completely get what you mean and I definitely feel the same way, especially when I'm town. I'm incredibly competitive and hate being wrong and worry my reads might be shit/worry I could be townreading people too easily and I get extreme paranoia in games because of this - so you'll probably notice my reads become a mess later on and I'll probably be hella stumped and have reasons to TR everyone - cos I just struggle sometimes at being completely confident in myself. that's some tea on me so you feel a bit better :P

my push on you right now was bs btw, I didn't even re-read your early start again, I kinda found a post of yours earlier to be a bit emotional about being sr and how it affects your game and I kinda wanted to see how you'd react if I pressured you a little bit (I read people mostly through yheir emotions/I'm a huge tone reader so I'd expect you to get quite upset maybe for a silly read on you which made 0 sense especially since I outed a TR on you in my ISO last night)

as for your response and my read on it. honestly I still town-lean you and I think you're being honest about your nervousness so you're probably not someone I'd go for today
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Flopz »

Chenn as a rival cute electric type, what do you think about Amp?
“[Jellyfish] are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful.” ~ Mr. K. Dilkington.
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

Honestly it did kinda look like a reaction test. But I try not to get upset at people if I think they're engaging me in good faith. Like my first thought was "ugh come on" but I don't think it's helpful to respond in that way
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Super »

@Flopz, did you read any of my games/figure out how to ISO okay?

also, I will definitely join you for hot choccy and pressuring Amy =) since I wanna see more from her
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:05 am

Post by Super »

In post 702, Autumn Leaves wrote:Honestly it did kinda look like a reaction test. But I try not to get upset at people if I think they're engaging me in good faith. Like my first thought was "ugh come on" but I don't think it's helpful to respond in that way
lol fair. a lot of my votes/reaction tests can be kinda annoying which will probably come up later in the game if I gain more confidence on this site/in this player list lmao I can be a bit cray cray

who would you elim rn GTH?
Autumn Leaves
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Autumn Leaves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Autumn Leaves »

Tough question but I'd have to say amph
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 703, Super wrote:@Flopz, did you read any of my games/figure out how to ISO okay?

also, I will definitely join you for hot choccy and pressuring Amy =) since I wanna see more from her
I skimmed through the first few pages of your ISO in a scum and town game, some fruit one and one where you made an interesting intro about bridges. I would like to say you feel closer to the town game, especially with a random intro post and in how you've been formulating your reads but I'm not comfortable to completely make that leap becuase it was only a cursory skim of like 10 or so pages of each and I'm not confident in my ability to read players, especially in a game I'm not in.

I still TR you tho and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Also, welcome, there's a jar of mini marshmellows too if you want to ramp up your choccy game
“[Jellyfish] are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful.” ~ Mr. K. Dilkington.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Super »

I really like Flopz ;_;
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 707, Super wrote:I really like Flopz ;_;
name 3 people in this thread u hate.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:14 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 701, Flopz wrote:Chenn as a rival cute electric type, what do you think about Amp?
I don't think there's enough to judge Amp either way. I don't think the posts she's posted so far are actively bad, and I honestly think the reason everyone's so amped (ha!) to go after her right now is because she hasn't been here to say anything so far.

I wouldn't be particularly opposed to pushing her? Just that so far I've seen no reason she's actually scum as opposed to the easiest option to converge on.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Firebringer »

@Flopz i have no strong feelings on amps and most of the time been forgetting they exist. They made like one big content post and i felt it was fine for what it was but i don't feel strongly about her. She isn't my type.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Firebringer »

i think i am abobut ready to 1v1 chennisden because his claims of being a spammer need to be addressed as lies and blasphemy.
Show

Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 709, chennisden wrote:
In post 701, Flopz wrote:Chenn as a rival cute electric type, what do you think about Amp?
I don't think there's enough to judge Amp either way. I don't think the posts she's posted so far are actively bad, and I honestly think the reason everyone's so amped (ha!) to go after her right now is because she hasn't been here to say anything so far.

I wouldn't be particularly opposed to pushing her? Just that so far I've seen no reason she's actually scum as opposed to the easiest option to converge on.
So who do you particularly want to push?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:16 am

Post by chennisden »

I think autumn leaves is town by the way and his alignment has been pretty transparent to me. I might be being overconfident right now though, because I'm actually terrible at this game, but that's really the impression I've gotten of the slot after the last few pages/hours/whatever
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Firebringer »

VOTE: chennisden

lets go pichu. Do u think u can even come close to my output here on FIRE
Show

Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Super »

In post 708, Firebringer wrote:
there's only one and it isn't "hate" but it could definitely become that over time :P
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 715, Super wrote:
there's only one and it isn't "hate" but it could definitely become that over time :P
you need to collect a rogues gallery of villians, the way you seem to go about things ur never going to get one.
Show

chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 712, Flopz wrote:

Johnny is the slot I probably like the least, but I don't actually have strong "I don't like this slot!" feelings about anyone yet. Which really concerns me, because I think this is a sign the "implicit townbloc" that's formed right now correlates to activity rather than actual towniness.

This is also how I won a lot of my scumgames when I still played. I didn't try to create bad vibes early on, I just let town do whatever they wanted, bantered, and tried to create "good vibes" (and made sure I was part of the "group.") I am concerned that this is happening to the game right now.
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Super »

In post 716, Firebringer wrote:
In post 715, Super wrote:
you need to collect a rogues gallery of villians, the way you seem to go about things ur never going to get one.
dw I have many from my home site
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Flopz »

Fire, I've realised you never actually explained why you TR Auro. Could you explain it plox
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 717, chennisden wrote:Johnny is the slot I probably like the least, but I don't actually have strong "I don't like this slot!" feelings about anyone yet. Which really concerns me, because I think this is a sign the "implicit townbloc" that's formed right now correlates to activity rather than actual towniness.
Look at this milquetoast take here. So scummy
Show

Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Super »

In post 717, chennisden wrote:
In post 712, Flopz wrote:

Johnny is the slot I probably like the least, but I don't actually have strong "I don't like this slot!" feelings about anyone yet. Which really concerns me, because I think this is a sign the "implicit townbloc" that's formed right now correlates to activity rather than actual towniness.

This is also how I won a lot of my scumgames when I still played. I didn't try to create bad vibes early on, I just let town do whatever they wanted, bantered, and tried to create "good vibes" (and made sure I was part of the "group.") I am concerned that this is happening to the game right now.
I definitely have this feeling too and wonder if slots that aren't as active like Amph/Lilith/Johnny could just be town and easy targets for scum to latch onto - I don't think this means we shouldn't push them for content though because either way they need to be here at some point and tell us their thoughts.

scum definitely have to try harder this game not to be eliminated because we only need to neck two of them to win (also idk if this was said already but I doubt scum ever bus in this setup?)
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 719, Flopz wrote:Fire, I've realised you never actually explained why you TR Auro. Could you explain it plox
the way people interacted with him earlier with koba was townie of him, auro scum much better at going through the interaction getting u to agree with or town lean him and don't think he faired too well in that exchange for what scum him could do.

also i am working on getting him paranoid of me so bolstering my confidence meter on the read will help with that
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 721, Super wrote:I definitely have this feeling too and wonder if slots that aren't as active like Amph/Lilith/Johnny could just be town and easy targets for scum to latch onto - I don't think this means we shouldn't push them for content though because either way they need to be here at some point and tell us their thoughts.
Look at this person agreeing with everyone. So boring.
Show

Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Super »

lol FB shhh :(

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”