Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I mean if it were an attempt at casing him the two points would be:
1. Zaiden pushed Spring for voting him being like "why did you vote for me what was the reason dun dun dunnnn"
but the guy literally did an RVS vote so it doesn't really make sense that he wouldn't understand that the vote on him was RVS.
2. The bottom quote in 643 reads like he's doing math to determine what his reads should be rather than being a genuine read. Like "oh this person did A and B so if we add those together we get null" which is kind of fake feeling.

I moreso just want answers to the questions and I think pressure will make it more likely that he dedicates effort to actually responding in full to them rather than haphazardly like he has with other responses to things.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Zaiden
Yeah I can work with that rn
Btw I think I can safely say I was resounding with point 2 there
There’s a marginal chance it’s something that wasn’t one of your core points but I’ll not worry bout it rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 743, Pink Ball wrote:If you feel that I'm not being transparent with you at any point, feel free to call me out and I'll try to get better
i mean transparently because you seem to be holding a few cards against your chest with me. and to be transparent myself, i feel like in this playerlist, i think scum are more likely to push me, because i'm not blatant lhf so it doesn't look terrible, but i'm pretty easy to push. so if you could spill your thoughts on me if you still want me at the end of the day, that'll be great, okay? and engage with me if you're really trying to sort me please!

i reread the zaiden posts, and is it bad i want to townread him cause he's fun? however a lot of his reads aren't clicking for me although i'm not sure how to express this properly. not a fan at how he hedged around me. i'd be interested to see more from him and how he answers cheetory's questions
Kanna of The Four Seasons.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:53 am

Post by midwaybear »

I don't really get how he was artificially trying to figure out how he should place his reads. I guess it's interesting to me that he calls spring's push on him questionable, but comes to the conclusion that she is null. I like your first point.
In post 772, Gamma Emerald wrote: Something resounds with me there but there’s too much internal noise to feel it out exactly
In post 776, Gamma Emerald wrote: There’s a marginal chance it’s something that wasn’t one of your core points but I’ll not worry bout it rn
What do these mean?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:53 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think pink ball is playing to town meta
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 631, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 622, Spring Breeze wrote:i am soul-telling! i want nothing more than to lock hearts with you in this game and ride off into the sunset. i can do no more else i cut my heart out and lay it on a plate in front of you, my love, but i expect you wouldn't be so cruel... do you have a read on me at all?
I will have to take time to write a proper response to this. but you can know now that my heart is yours fully.
pooky, i admit some things are getting lost in romantic-translation @_@ does that mean you're townreading me?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:54 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 777, Spring Breeze wrote:is it bad i want to townread him cause he's fun? however a lot of his reads aren't clicking for me although i'm not sure how to express this properly.
Yes, it is bad to townread him for that despite feeling more mixed his actual content :)
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 779, SirCakez wrote:I think pink ball is playing to town meta
as scum or town? (unclear on this phrasing sorry)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 766, Gamma Emerald wrote:Outside of any reads (since that’s the only real answer I can provide atp) I’d have to say Cakez
I don’t wanna have to try to sort him down the line, and I don’t think he’s good enough as town to keep around if that’s the case
Rude af
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 782, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 779, SirCakez wrote:I think pink ball is playing to town meta
as scum or town? (unclear on this phrasing sorry)
I mean I think he's town because he's playing like he has as town before
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 777, Spring Breeze wrote:to be transparent myself, i feel like in this playerlist, i think scum are more likely to push me, because i'm not blatant lhf so it doe
Don't like this
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 775, Cheetory6 wrote:I mean if it were an attempt at casing him the two points would be:
1. Zaiden pushed Spring for voting him being like "why did you vote for me what was the reason dun dun dunnnn"
but the guy literally did an RVS vote so it doesn't really make sense that he wouldn't understand that the vote on him was RVS.
2. The bottom quote in 643 reads like he's doing math to determine what his reads should be rather than being a genuine read. Like "oh this person did A and B so if we add those together we get null" which is kind of fake feeling.

I moreso just want answers to the questions and I think pressure will make it more likely that he dedicates effort to actually responding in full to them rather than haphazardly like he has with other responses to things.
pretty good! i think the second point is how i feel with the reads not clicking

cakez, you don't like anything from me, do you?
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

*don't you
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 778, midwaybear wrote:I don't really get how he was artificially trying to figure out how he should place his reads. I guess it's interesting to me that he calls spring's push on him questionable, but comes to the conclusion that she is null. I like your first point.
In post 772, Gamma Emerald wrote: Something resounds with me there but there’s too much internal noise to feel it out exactly
In post 776, Gamma Emerald wrote: There’s a marginal chance it’s something that wasn’t one of your core points but I’ll not worry bout it rn
What do these mean?
I felt like I agreed with something keely said on a deep gut level
I’m pretty sure it’s his second point he brought up in the summary but I could have also found some hidden meaning, like an English professor
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 783, SirCakez wrote:
In post 766, Gamma Emerald wrote:Outside of any reads (since that’s the only real answer I can provide atp) I’d have to say Cakez
I don’t wanna have to try to sort him down the line, and I don’t think he’s good enough as town to keep around if that’s the case
Rude af
You’re welcome to probe me wrong any time
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

prove*
Fucking phone keyboard
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 777, Spring Breeze wrote:i'm pretty easy to push
What?
I don’t recall anyone pushing you in the dark waltz game we played
<Embrace The Void>

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:06 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 787, Spring Breeze wrote:*don't you
*Mods*
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

Nods
Not mods
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 791, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What?
i think that was more because everyone knew me and liked me in that game!

i do have lots of games where i'm the first push for scum though, although most of the time i obvtown and or it doesn't go through
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 794, Spring Breeze wrote:
In post 791, Gamma Emerald wrote:
What?
i think that was more because everyone knew me and liked me in that game!

i do have lots of games where i'm the first push for scum though, although most of the time i obvtown and or it doesn't go through
So you’re comparable to brighteyedfish, okay that’s kinda cool
<Embrace The Void>

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 632, MURDERSUNNY wrote:I'm caught up to here, nothing to add at the moment.
Hey, not like getting reads is complusive or anything but i'd like it if you even posted random thoughts on what you see
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 792, SirCakez wrote:
In post 787, Spring Breeze wrote:*don't you
*Mods*
I'd hope you weren't rallying for the Mods.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Zaiden »

How the f*ck am I supposed to read people's body language, and suspicious behaviour, across the internet? Guess I'll have to break out some highschool English literature skills to analyse the heck out of people's posts.

I'm pretty sure there are mafia pushing me because I'm the new person. I'm an easy target for these scummy ass lying bitches. My teammates think I'm being trapped, that people accuse me of coaching knowing that I might not understand what it means in a forum mafia context. I didn't realise it had a special connotation. I'm paranoid/scared because to me that's exactly what happened. From my perspective, coaching meant asking about how to format posts and posting etiquette, etc. Or telling me I shouldn't post messages about rubbing Sunscreen Protection Factor (SPF) over my peaches to protect them from sunburn to avoid getting modkilled because it could be interpreted the wrong way. Not that they told me how to write my posts word by word. Because frankly that's just not true. Literally, Hopkirk and Hectic just told me 'Do your regular thing you do in real life and other people should townread you pretty quickly' and vanished to focus on their respective games.

I don't know if they set me up to get screwed over as a joke. Because I went and did that but people seem to think otherwise. Other than some cursory points at the beginning of the game, with Hectic telling me they felt Hopkirk telling me he was getting strong town vibes from SFP and trying to incorporate that into my game, since I strongly agreed with those particular takes from him (in addition to liking Gypx and PinkBall myself), that spectacularly backfired and they're just chortling at my struggles. I'm literally just here to fill the numbers and play my style my way because their first choice player in Elements got banned last year. I know, I'm not a good player like Elements that can help them win. But I wanted to at least try and not let them down. But it's so hard to keep going when people seem to have these bullshit wacky reads that make no fucking sense from my point of view. Worse still, I go off to do real life shit (Grinding ranked in League of Legends after missing Gold IV by 2 LP after finishing my placements, blogging anime, participating in Clash, etc) only come back and there's like 10 extra pages. It's like never-ending homework keeps piling up and I'm being told 'Zaiden you have this deadline, please do it or we'll scumread you/kill you' and I'm just drowning in it. There's just too much to read. This isn't what I signed up for. I thought this would be more like the Mario Maker newbie game which was way less intense.

Supposedly my reasoning is empty, but people choose to focus on a trivial matter, like how my writing seems coached. My way of playing the game is to write out my thoughts in an essay style analytical form. This to me also indicates cheetory is trying to bait a reaction to implicate me, which I don't really appreciate. And even if Cheetory isn't scum, there is guaranteed scum on this wagon and I can see how it's going to go. I give a genuine reaction on my thoughts, but people easily decide 'it's not good enough let's go ahead with killing Zaiden' even when there's clearly no issue with my line of reasoning. This might sound bad, but I just don't have time to separately engage and thoroughly research every single person in this game. At least within the space of 1-2 days. I find myself deeply in a lose lose situation. Respond to Cheetory and whoever else is accusing me, and they will literally pick out everything wrong I do, even if it's a townie error rather than a mafia error. If I choose not to respond, they will continue to say I am mafia precisely because I'm not responding. I'm being told something along the lines of "your logic is weak, your arguments make no sense", instead of having people try to consider things from my perspective. If you are town you should be open-minded to a lot of possibilities. It is not possible to have a rational argument in this game, only educated guesses, unless you're scum who clearly knows what is up. As far as I'm concerned, flirting around drives me nuts but it isn't necessarily alignment indicative and I was seeking to provoke discussion about Pooky who I don't know about and SpringBreeze who I don't know about. But no one tried to engage with me. And no one tried to answer anything I tried asking. What's wrong with that? I don't know if there's an ulterior motive, like if Team Hectic/Flopz/Hopkirk feels threatening to other people so you eject their fourth member to make them lose points. Because that's another possibility I'm considering for why there's traction against me.

From my perspective I think JakeTheWolf might have been faking conflict with Gamma too because they probably know early wagons will fizzle out. I think that's calculated because their reactions are way too opportunistic for me to otherwise explain. Gamma just rehashed Cheetory's general opinion to further lend into this general confirmation bias. The fact Cheetory is subconsciously manipulating Gamma or they're putting on a show to confuse people in absolutely not considering any other possibility screams mafia to me. Also Cheetory was voting Jake then hopped onto Gamma and the explanation they gave felt forced/fake to me. On the other hand SpringBreeze literally just opportunistically hopped onto this counter wagon against me for no real good reason either. Take that as you will. That's just opportunistic as heck. Also, the fact Cheetory is treating what he says himself, and what anti-Zaiden people say, as proof of evidence and fact, is dangerous. Deeper meanings that are non-existent are a massive overanalysis into nothing. Read into actions, rather than the words. However, I'm hardly in any position to provide proof. I can't make others see the bigger picture, because they've already chosen to actively ignore my attempts at advocating logic whilst dismissing anything I do as coached or mafia play. It's really lazy. Everything I do now can only be coached mafia in people's eyes, until further light can be shed on the matter. In short, I'm already trying to show people the bigger picture of how I play as a person, but they're refuse to see it and blame it on my inability to convince, instead choosing to believe the fake picture they have been presented with. Don't listen to what people say about coaching or weak arguments, because I really believe you are all being thoroughly misled by a narrative. The Emperor told his subjects he had new clothes, and even though in actuality he had none, they all pretended he was wearing them anyway because they believed only stupid people couldn't see the clothes. And it feels like that's a lot of players on here right now. I think my arguments are legitimate and I don't understand why they aren't.

Naturally, my arguments cannot have the capacity to be convincing, if peoples' opinion and views are essentially predetermined before they even get along to reading my arguments. As far as I can see, my inability to convince is more or less symptomatic of multiple mafia manipulating the course of this forum discussion that way. Driving a narrative that everyone's subscribed into. From my perspective, what is going on at the moment is complete insanity. Of course, that does not assuage any concerns regarding whether I actually am mafia or not. We should have like 1-2 more weeks to discuss, where I can hopefully convince people that we need to change our current approach to the game to hopefully be more accommodating.

I understand that lazy or noob town might be worth less, but what have I done to indicate that I am more deserving of a lynch, than others who are slinking back or the people who are clearly misdirecting a lynch onto me? Either ways, I am against the idea of voting for ejecting me today because reasons. Also, a townie has no reason to be as callous and denigrating as Cheetory in his interrogation of me - oh Zaiden would be useless anyway as the game goes on so it's a win win. Okay, I might be useless at this forum style. But you didn't have to say it like that. I don't really like you, you're a huge asshole and I'll be glad that I probably don't have to play with someone like you ever again once this game is over and done with. And my language would have been a lot more colourful if I wasn't at risk of getting modkilled for being rude. Don't think you and your scum buddies can get away with being so underhanded.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Gypyx »

Zaiden, you've been asked questions, please anwwer
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”