Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=85470 << This was an alt game where I was town. Mom was scum with a user who I don’t believe is present this game. Koba was also in it, I can’t quite remember if anyone else was as a majority of my time to be frank was more focused on stopping TVT blow ups than anything else.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=85295 << This is a game I replaced into as mason with mom (hence our momma and papa talk back and forth. We are both older users to the site and it sorta stuck and I like it). Ended up doing what I thought was mechanically right given the situation but scum ran a fake claim gambit early and snuck right by. Very well played by scum.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84589 << This is a scum game where we played well but mechanics screwed us. We were one miselim away from winning it when the 3P had a forced suicide mechanic that we weren’t informed about and couldn’t block or stop. It was a secret King’s Commander variant of mafia so if you look at flips only it will look like we got demolished.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hey math why are u flooding the thread instead of putting it all into 1 drafted post?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Because it’s midnight and I am getting ready for bed and I am doing this on my phone to avoid having to wait 24 hours before I provide any content.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=76709 << This is a game we almost won until someone did something that was kinda ban worthy that I kinda don’t want to get into but trigger warning should be around the 3/4ths mark I think for talks of suicide.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I also am aware that seems to be a super old game, I took a yearish long hiatus from mafia due to personal reasons.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nylaathria
Nylaathria
Townie
Nylaathria
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:13 pm

Post by Nylaathria »

In post 2951, RCEnigma wrote:Sure, without quotes though it's kind of a pain on mobile.

I only have experience with his town game but fits with how he's approaching this game minus how he handled his hood but that just might be because I'd take a different approach personally in their shoes I don't know.

His tendency to get hung up on minor details and harp on them is abrasive but not really scum. His spat with Sam literally boils down to disagreements on optimal play but does nothing to push that Sam is scum ultimately. Likewise with his head bumping with Angel.

But the big thing is the lack of a large agenda in lieu of a personal one. Like his pushes on Sam and Angel don't help his standing as the leading wagon on rep in and beyond. Plus he was not concerned with building a wagon to take heat off himself. My wagon wasn't gaining steam and Angel had 0 traction behind it.

Could he take that line as scum? Maybe sure. But there wasn't any help to build a counter wagon if he has active partners until (I don't really want to throw out a wrong name but to the best of my memory) (?)Cakes got a flash wagon started. Another wagon math had no interest in pushing forward.
Several problems with this.

1 - The spat with Samantha where he gets hung up over technical details, but does nothing to solve or push Samantha as scum for it is not a good thing. He's involving himself in an unproductive conversation that's easier for scum to make, and not one that's useful for ascertaining either his or Samantha's alignment.

2 - Math isn't stupid. He knows he isn't going to come in as leading wagon and be able to get by with coasting or safe takes. In order to improve his position, he needs to do something that'll be perceived as townie. Taking anti-concensus takes while in a precarious position is one way of doing that.
What's important is the underlying reasoning behind those takes and whether it's legitimate.

3 - As scum, it's unlikely his end goal is to simply build a direct counterwagon to get by. Assuming that person flips scum, he's in the exact same situation the nest day. He needs to remove the suspicion from him altogether, and that means doing townie things and trying to get townread. And if that means pushing a wagon that isn't a counter which gets no traction to appear non-survilastic? Sure as hell he's gonna do that.

I don't think any of these are good reasons to call him town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

With that good night. Will catch up on other stuff later. Around 18 hours from now more or less.

V/LA still in effect
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nylaathria
Nylaathria
Townie
Nylaathria
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by Nylaathria »

In post 2976, DkKoba wrote:and ur still avoiding my questions on sam so thanks for spewing them as scum for me
In post 2977, RCEnigma wrote:I DONT, CARE, ABOUT SAM TODAY
Only 25 seconds between these posts. Scum or town, the anger is real here.

Question being whether it's alignment-indicative, and I'd say it leans town. Scum-RCE is being scumhunted for not having a proper read on Samantha, and is less likely to be mad about it. Whoel Town-RCE simply cannot comprehend that DkKoba does not understand that he just DOES NOT CARE about Samantha today.
I suppose Scum-RCE could think the same if be believes he's in the right regardless of alignment, and isn't being unreasonable, but I feel adopting that mindset that you're technically correct despite having a red PM is harder to adopt.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok but his reads are literally stagnant despite new evidence like ??

i get like a few reads being the same. but the same reads for 1000 posts/?
like cmon
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Angel Warriors
Angel Warriors
Goon
Angel Warriors
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:13 pm

Post by Angel Warriors »

RCENIGMA

are you trying to CC the mason claim with Sam?
Norangal
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:19 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 3010, Angel Warriors wrote:RCENIGMA

I think your posts bother me the most

your reads are the most inexplicable (you were actually what I was ranting about in pt last night, not dkkoba)

I mean look at this viewtopic.php?p=12523655#p12523655

it looks like you used some kind of randomizer to come up with that

you have the person with the most elaborate roleclaim (hello I'd like to remind everyone it's ~-day 1-~) as your most likely to be mafia, while saying you don't believe mafia got fakeclaims, and that's only the tip of the iceberg with what is wrong with that list

the pts have poisoned everyone's brains in this game, people should really stop using them until there is a reason to
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:24 am

Post by samantha97 »

also VOTE: special brovert opts

he said enough platitudes to remove the chance of being lynched and bounced
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:36 am

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 2721, Lunar Martian wrote:@DkKoba
How in the world is Samantha not a Townlock?
Why is BROvert exluded from PoE?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Vote Count 1.10

RCEnigma [3]:
Sequence, Lunar Martian, Dkkoba
Special BROvert Ops [3]:
Titus, Mathblade, Samantha97
Flea the Magician [2]:
Unwnd, RCEnigma,
Samantha97 [2]:
Angel Warriors, Special BROvert Ops
Mathblade [2]:
Nylaathria, Rei and Asuka,
Nylaathria [1]:
Toogeloo
Sequence [1]:
SirCakez,
SirCakez [1]:
Flea the Magician,

Not Voting [1]:
Murdercat

With
alive, it takes
to fade.

The
First Moonlight
sets in
(expired on 2021-01-28 12:00:00)
on
January 28th

Mod Notes:
Gamma Emerald of Special BROvert Ops is VLA until 1/25.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:01 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

VOTE: RCE

Haven't read
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:14 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3010, Angel Warriors wrote:RCENIGMA

It wouldn't be a direct cc but with my role I'd say it's unlikely to exist with 3 masons as well. Highly highly unlikely. And if they do coexist then scum has some insane power.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:22 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

They are trolling with the mason claim
GTKAMURDERCAT

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:27 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3006, Nylaathria wrote:1 - The spat with Samantha where he gets hung up over technical details, but does nothing to solve or push Samantha as scum for it is not a good thing. He's involving himself in an unproductive conversation that's easier for scum to make, and not one that's useful for ascertaining either his or Samantha's alignment.

2 - Math isn't stupid. He knows he isn't going to come in as leading wagon and be able to get by with coasting or safe takes. In order to improve his position, he needs to do something that'll be perceived as townie. Taking anti-concensus takes while in a precarious position is one way of doing that.
What's important is the underlying reasoning behind those takes and whether it's legitimate.

3 - As scum, it's unlikely his end goal is to simply build a direct counterwagon to get by. Assuming that person flips scum, he's in the exact same situation the nest day. He needs to remove the suspicion from him altogether, and that means doing townie things and trying to get townread. And if that means pushing a wagon that isn't a counter which gets no traction to appear non-survilastic? Sure as hell he's gonna do that.

I don't think any of these are good reasons to call him town.
1. Sure, but I can give credit for Math continuing to prod outside of his issues with Sam. Also would you agree that pushing against consensus and pushing a non survivalist "seeming" agenda conflict?

2. I mean.... Fair but no one else can say for certain Math only pushed angel solo so that his own wagon doesn't build up. This point could apply to anyone here.

3. It doesn't. Scum escaping an elim early grants more opportunities for a.) Their role to take effect 2.) The wifom from the night kill #) paranoia to take hold in town etc. Etc. Scum don't ditch partners unless they are dead in the water. They especially don't ditch strong day players unless the rest of the team is weak in standing or passive themselves.

I probably wouldn't be arguing any of this if Norwee was still in the game. I thought he was dancing around relevant events way too much but at the same time I've seen super lynchbait town!Norwee play similarly.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:27 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3017, MURDERCAT wrote:They are trolling with the mason claim
I'm aware but it's been taken serious by more than one slot, that's dangerous.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 2926, DkKoba wrote:I think she flips group scum and the "hurr durr not groupscum" argument is hella bunk.
Why do you think she flips group!scum? Have you reconciled it with the fact her claim has next to no chance of cing from mafia? Besides, her play here is different from Booneytoonz XIV, so I can't see why you think this is definitively scum!samantha.
In post 2939, DkKoba wrote:ydrasse pull ur head out of ur ass and vote samantha
Yeah, okay, why are you so fixated on samantha?
In post 2961, DkKoba wrote:on my homesite
Well, newsflash for you: this isn't your homesite. The standards are different. What might be a grievous sin there is acceptable here and vice-versa.
In post 2961, DkKoba wrote:she did bc it absolutely is unacceptable and clearly anti town
Just because something is anti-town doesn't mean it necessarily comes from scum.
In post 2967, DkKoba wrote:but u didnt even respond with "but heres why fae is scum" ur just like discrediting that part of my argument like its some sort of gotcha
And you haven't explained why scum!samantha would claim the role she did despite the fact it dooms her to the fade within 3 day phases max.
In post 2975, RCEnigma wrote:I forgot why playing on MS felt so awful
(There's a lot of pleasant people here. There's also quite a few people who get aggressive/angry when things don't go their way. I don't think it's limited to the site but moreso to mafia in general. Maybe the standards are somewhat laxer here.)
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Ircher »

~Ircher
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Sequence
Sequence
Goon
Sequence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Sequence »

In post 3020, Ircher wrote:
In post 2926, DkKoba wrote:I think she flips group scum and the "hurr durr not groupscum" argument is hella bunk.
Why do you think she flips group!scum? Have you reconciled it with the fact her claim has next to no chance of cing from mafia? Besides, her play here is different from Booneytoonz XIV, so I can't see why you think this is definitively scum!samantha.
In post 2939, DkKoba wrote:ydrasse pull ur head out of ur ass and vote samantha
Yeah, okay, why are you so fixated on samantha?
In post 2961, DkKoba wrote:on my homesite
Well, newsflash for you: this isn't your homesite. The standards are different. What might be a grievous sin there is acceptable here and vice-versa.
In post 2961, DkKoba wrote:she did bc it absolutely is unacceptable and clearly anti town
Just because something is anti-town doesn't mean it necessarily comes from scum.
In post 2967, DkKoba wrote:but u didnt even respond with "but heres why fae is scum" ur just like discrediting that part of my argument like its some sort of gotcha
And you haven't explained why scum!samantha would claim the role she did despite the fact it dooms her to the fade within 3 day phases max.
In post 2975, RCEnigma wrote:I forgot why playing on MS felt so awful
(There's a lot of pleasant people here. There's also quite a few people who get aggressive/angry when things don't go their way. I don't think it's limited to the site but moreso to mafia in general. Maybe the standards are somewhat laxer here.)
In post 3021, Ircher wrote:~Ircher
Zzz....

At bottom of .
~Ircher
Hydra of Ircher and Bell.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:00 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 2917, unwnd wrote:Murdercat dropped off a bit for me which is unfortunate but be more town I guess
Finding it hard to care about this game to be honest, maybe I'll take a break. I'd rather go to night though and then I'll have something to think about during my break.
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:02 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 2945, DkKoba wrote:my townreads are being fcuking passive as shit/voting stupidly while the ppl in my PoE are running the show im absolutely fucking pissed at this gamestate and i need ppl to massively unfuck how they're approaching this game and realize that behavior that directly hurts town intentionally is behavior that typically comes from scum i dont give a fuck how you feel about hurr durr groupscum or whatever.

flea literally fucking softed a PR and now rceenignma KNOWS this bc they are in our PT and now they are voting fae like literally idgaf this dude is so terrible at the game or theyre scum and i hate saying that shit but its true
vote RCE
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”