Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: none

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:59 am

Post by nepenthe »

In post 15, DkKoba wrote:unfortunately for u, my good sir i think that ur opening was a bit scummy tonewise so i will VOTE: nepenthe
interesting and i won't disagree - rather, i want you to elaborate on why.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:01 am

Post by nepenthe »

In post 22, Maduisha wrote:I read Nepenthe's question as strength as scum player only, my bad.

As town player... I'm usually very paranoid and try to find lies. That has helped me find scum, but it has often backfired too. Last game I tunneled the two best town players while townreading both the scum players for a pretty long time, pretty yikes.
i appreciated both answers. :] i've done that before; i tend to fixate on something i don't like in a person's thought process or something they've said and focus on that even after they've proved themselves, i guess? it's the one thing i'm always actively working on because i know i can get stuck in those mindsets if i don't stay consciously aware of what reads are stale versus not.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

You're very self conscious and look as though u feel as though u need to towntell in a way that isn't offensive, even apologizing a lot.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

I don't really get the scumread(s) on nepenthe's intro, "look at me openly refusing to follow site meta" is not a very natural scum opening play.
In post 25, ben dover123 wrote:I wonder why this game is a 9p...
It's very interesting.
I can't tell if you're serious or not, what's interesting about a game being 9p?

VOTE: Zulfy
Every post he's made is pure scum
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 29, Umlaut wrote:I don't really get the scumread(s) on nepenthe's intro, "look at me openly refusing to follow site meta" is not a very natural scum opening play.
It's very interesting.
I can't tell if you're serious or not, what's interesting about a game being 9p?

VOTE: Zulfy
Every post he's made is pure scum
He's apologetic abt it is where im having issue where there's a lot of self consciousness involved IMO
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 13, nepenthe wrote:what’s your biggest strength as a mafia player? eschewing alignment, just focusing solely on self-perception.
I'm not sure I
have
strengths as a Mafia player, based on my last few games... but I suppose I'm pretty good at not outsmarting myself. As town I frequently find myself accused of having "surface-level" reads because I actually believe that things are quite often what they appear to be. These reads often turn out to be correct (at least better than pure random guessing) and I'm trying to get better at not letting clever people talk me out of them.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Umlaut »

(Tbf I also find myself accused of surface-level reads as scum, it's just harder for me to feel indignant about it in that case :P )
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:01 am

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 29, Umlaut wrote:
It's very interesting.
I thought mini normal's were only 13p games but I suppose not.

Also not sure what is up with nepenthe, nothing bad seems to strike me with his posts yet.
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:04 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 30, DkKoba wrote:He's apologetic abt it is where im having issue where there's a lot of self consciousness involved IMO
I see what you're saying but I think the improbability of making any kind of attention-drawing play
at all
overwhelms the part where if they
did
decide to make a scene as scum they'd be self-conscious about it.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 34, Umlaut wrote:
In post 30, DkKoba wrote:He's apologetic abt it is where im having issue where there's a lot of self consciousness involved IMO
I see what you're saying but I think the improbability of making any kind of attention-drawing play
at all
did
ok this is like bunk attention drawing play is player dependent not alignment dependent lol
retired
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:25 am

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 12, nepenthe wrote:jumping into this to say:

i know that random voting is site meta on MS but i guess i’ve never understood the point of it and as a contrarian, want to set myself apart from the many by not doing that yet. and announcing that i’m not doing it, to boot.

(also, gentle heads up that i think dkkoba’s pronouns are they/them. not to embarrass anyone but i know it’s important to have gender identity recognized externally.)
Pretty sure you guys are talking about this post which certainly is weird but I have done the exact same before in 2043 and the person who called it self-conscious turned out to be scum so...VOTE: Dkkoba
~Alisae
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 36, ben dover123 wrote:

i know that random voting is site meta on MS but i guess i’ve never understood the point of it and as a contrarian, want to set myself apart from the many by not doing that yet. and announcing that i’m not doing it, to boot.

(also, gentle heads up that i think dkkoba’s pronouns are they/them. not to embarrass anyone but i know it’s important to have gender identity recognized externally.)
Pretty sure you guys are talking about this post which certainly is weird but I have done the exact same before in 2043 and the person who called it self-conscious turned out to be scum so...VOTE: Dkkoba
At what point in the game did they bring it up? (plus im not that person so pls fuck off lol)
retired
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 am

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 30, DkKoba wrote: He's apologetic abt it is where im having issue where there's a lot of self consciousness involved IMO
Yeah but like I think it's honestly more town for the fact that nepenthe drew attention towards it in the first place so early on, and I have done literally the exact same in a past game.
Umlaut wrote:
at all
did
Me and Umlaut having a bit of a mindmeld, I see?

Pedit:
DkKoba wrote:
In post 36, ben dover123 wrote:

At what point in the game did they bring it up? (plus im not that person so pls fuck off lol)
This was also in the first page so that's why I'm concerned about it here too.
~Alisae
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 am

Post by DkKoba »

retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 am

Post by DkKoba »

this game correct?
retired
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:30 am

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 40, DkKoba wrote:this game correct?
*nods*
~Alisae
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

wait they said u were defensive/passive LMFAO this is different literally fuck way off
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

tonally being apologetic IS a scumtell. scum guilt, as its called.

im not about to bet all my chips on it rn but its an EXTREMELY good place to start for me.
retired
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:36 am

Post by ben dover123 »

DkKoba wrote:wait they said u were defensive/passive LMFAO this is different literally fuck way off
Same gist still, so that comparison clicks anyways.
In post 43, DkKoba wrote:tonally being apologetic IS a scumtell. scum guilt, as its called.

im not about to bet all my chips on it rn but its an EXTREMELY good place to start for me.
There isn't really any motivation to do it in the first place, and that's my point.

gtg for a few hours
~Alisae
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

"there isnt any motivat-" bro shut up im playing the game tf are u on about
retired
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:40 am

Post by nepenthe »

In post 28, DkKoba wrote:You're very self conscious and look as though u feel as though u need to towntell in a way that isn't offensive, even apologizing a lot.
i think one apology is not "apologizing a lot" but i do find that people who are playing to an agenda (in this case, scum because i'm pretty sure this isn't a game with 3p - if it is, i'll cry) need to start early on trying to create a narrative surrounding other players so that later, when they attempt to build on that push, it looks more substantial than it actually is. try again, and this time, i want you to really analyze what i said and make a good case for it.

also, am i being pocketed by ben? is this what it feels like? am i the pet townie?
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by lenora »

did my post now go through?
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by lenora »

okay it worked now - i just noticed this game start - i'm sorry for inactivity
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:42 am

Post by nepenthe »

call it cynical but i think tone is a falsehood in a text based game early on, especially when you have no previous experience with a player to be able to judge whether or not they're communicating in a way that's out of character for them or, as you might say, "tonally" errant. i like to wait until the tenth page or so to start pretending i can read people for tone.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”