lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:45 am

Post by lenora »

anyway hi everyone, this is my first game and my first time on this forum, so i apologize if i'm still figuring things out. does anyone know where i'd see the setup details?
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Chumbo »

In post 50, lenora wrote:anyway hi everyone, this is my first game and my first time on this forum, so i apologize if i'm still figuring things out. does anyone know where i'd see the setup details?
This is a closed setup, so there are no details known to us.
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:50 am

Post by lenora »

In post 13, nepenthe wrote:sorry to double post but while i’m here, and a general question for anyone who sees this:

what’s your biggest strength as a mafia player? eschewing alignment, just focusing solely on self-perception.
i don't have previous experience playing mafia in this kind of setting, but i think my greatest strength as a player would probably be my ability to articulate/explain myself

and got it - thanks Chumbo!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 49, nepenthe wrote:call it cynical but i think tone is a falsehood in a text based game early on, especially when you have no previous experience with a player to be able to judge whether or not they're communicating in a way that's out of character for them or, as you might say, "tonally" errant. i like to wait until the tenth page or so to start pretending i can read people for tone.

i come from a chat mafia background where tone is an excellent tell, and ive converted that into forum format as a basis to begin my early game pushes.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

i think ur a bit complacent interacting with me nepethne, dont u just wanna tell me to fuck off and that im town?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

im town meaning, you saying that you are town.
retired
Chumbo
Chumbo
Goon
Chumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Chumbo »

As far my view on nepenthe's tone, I think his tone has been a little strange, but I don't know what his normal tone is yet.
Cute is just non meat speak for tender. -Ythan
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:54 am

Post by lenora »

In post 17, DkKoba wrote:i think ur vibes are town so far chumbo :3
what is "town vibes" to you? i'm not sure how you came to this conclusion so quickly

(also i just read over the rules and saw only 1 bah post is allowed so i'm sorry for my 2 opening posts without content, i just tried to send something that didn't go through so i wasn't sure if it was working)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 57, lenora wrote:
what is "town vibes" to you? i'm not sure how you came to this conclusion so quickly

(also i just read over the rules and saw only 1 bah post is allowed so i'm sorry for my 2 opening posts without content, i just tried to send something that didn't go through so i wasn't sure if it was working)
this slot is too pure lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:56 am

Post by DkKoba »

i think he comes off as someone who isnt informed basically
retired
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 am

Post by lenora »

In post 59, DkKoba wrote:

okay thanks - was there a line in particular that made you feel that way?

i've caught up on backreading (i thought i'd missed way more than i did) and my main take is dkkoba comes off as needlessly aggressive and quick to jump to conclusions that i don't see. i'd normally find that behavior scummy, but i don't know if it's actually an alignment tell for them and i don't want to be wrong about that when i'm not confident. dkkoba, do you have any past games i can look at?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

im generally a hyper aggressive player that actually.. gets scumread for that early extremely often.
retired
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: none

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:12 am

Post by nepenthe »

In post 53, DkKoba wrote:
In post 49, nepenthe wrote:call it cynical but i think tone is a falsehood in a text based game early on, especially when you have no previous experience with a player to be able to judge whether or not they're communicating in a way that's out of character for them or, as you might say, "tonally" errant. i like to wait until the tenth page or so to start pretending i can read people for tone.

i come from a chat mafia background where tone is an excellent tell, and ive converted that into forum format as a basis to begin my early game pushes.
if i'm thinking of the right place- i've played there, too. won a few trophies. it's actually where my skepticism of tone comes from.
In post 54, DkKoba wrote:i think ur a bit complacent interacting with me nepethne, dont u just wanna tell me to fuck off and that im town?
i think you want me to do that because it would help you understand my thought process a bit better, but that's not my end goal. i'm trying to understand exactly where your read on me comes from.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 62, nepenthe wrote:
In post 53, DkKoba wrote:

if i'm thinking of the right place- i've played there, too. won a few trophies. it's actually where my skepticism of tone comes from.
In post 54, DkKoba wrote:i think ur a bit complacent interacting with me nepethne, dont u just wanna tell me to fuck off and that im town?
i think you want me to do that because it would help you understand my thought process a bit better, but that's not my end goal. i'm trying to understand exactly where your read on me comes from.
wait what? who are u LOL
retired
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 am

Post by nepenthe »

it's not going to help you read me if i tell you.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 am

Post by nepenthe »

In post 64, nepenthe wrote:

i got too excited and forgot that i'd quoted something to respond to before replying to you. :oops:
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=84055

heres one game thats the one linked in my sig but if u go to my profile and click "view topics" and ctrl-F "completed" you will see games that way.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 64, nepenthe wrote:

retired
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 am

Post by nepenthe »

WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT. i have to figure out the mechanics of this site.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

im gonna find out
retired
lenora
lenora
Townie
lenora
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 am

Post by lenora »

i wouldn't consider the aggression itself an alignment tell. more-so it felt like people made posts that seemed null or fine to me so i wasn't sure why you called them scummy

do we know how many mafia are in this game or is everything closed?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

9p = 2 scum.

ive played in another 9p normal before i should link that game too, iw as v aggressive in my hood chat
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

retired
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:15 am

Post by nepenthe »

i was assuming 3 but that'd probably make more sense for 10p.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 am

Post by DkKoba »

ok i found out who u are on EM but i still dont know who u are so thats useless lol
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”