TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by hercule »

Spoiler: Xtoxm
literally just now understanding the intro, they're saying they wanted to play with the worst

and are fine

if i'm gonna nitpick then "gl if ur not town" is a bit awkward sounding

i liked this post and so did spf, although it's not like there was a wagon so maybe a bit dramatic

filler

i think someone mentioned that they never explained why it was a good post, or even voted Agar, so yeah it's a bit odd

idk the purpose of this post, maybe friends with Dannflor's teammate

thanks socrates

not sure if when I read earlier I picked up on the fact that this was his teammate's reads lmao, that's literally more than xtoxm has given to this point. tbh not giving towncred for this

think this is a decent pushback

from now on everyone who doesn't link the fucking numbers is going in the scumpool. jk but when u ISO this many people it gets annoying.

as for the content, I can vibe with the TR on A50 from those two posts, I understand it.

what specifically did you not like about , I feel like when I actually dived deep into the content it came out looking pretty good, that seems like pretty "surface level" shade

fine

mmm i think tonewise they're fine, though I don't feel over the course of the game they have contributed enough quality reads. not seeing them engage with the game with any real depth. the fact their deepest reads are from their teammate is a bit disquieting

verdict: null-leaning-scum, deserves to be in the POE

Spoiler: Xtoxm
Spoiler: Ythan

I already know this ISO is going to be frustrating for me lmao. well luckily Super did an entire ISO on them last night so at least we will have two perspectives here. I will transcribe hers first:

super:

she thinks it's funny because she was the one who pointed out that she found it scummy that ythan hadn't read my post and it resulted in me dealing with all the nonsense that ensued. enjoy your schadenfreude u witch.

she doesn't mind the rxn to my push, thought and were good, thought that ythan was maybe genuinely trying to read me

she didn't like the omgus, the vote on me didn't sit right with her, also felt that ythan trying to discredit her read by saying I was lying about it was sus

she hates , she thinks that they basically ignored what i said and didn't acknowledge the fact it was a genuine read, she felt they were refusing to engage or even figure out if i was town

she kinda trs the response, can see why they think i should relax and wouldn't realize i am an "aggro fk" (thx super)

she doesn't understand ythan's reads, they have said they were pinged by 3 players but then didn't really properly interact with any of them

she kind of feels that ythan saw there was no traction on me and that's why they moved to Agar

overall she scumleans Ythan, but wants it to be known she feels no joy saying this about a fellow weeb

now me:

intro is fine

not even gonna comment on the first bit it's been beaten to death

ok i will comment so far as to say, like, especially knowing that DGB was bullshitting for reactions, the "vibe" comment is ethering me. idk if the use of the word "ether" is gonna make sense. i'm using it in the sense of nas' famous diss track on jay-z. aka it's killing me

lots of filler from 85-178

is this shade? about a random joke? i can't interpret it

seems like another example of them trying to buddy with any attempts to shade my slot

they say "remains to be seen if i'm tunneling," which I want to make a note of bc Super said they never seemed to reconsider later and were just discrediting me, which would take away from this sentiment

i will verify though

, , repeatedly complaining about my characterization of their posts but then they never really dispute it, they just cite their own posts in

more shade on me

on, I just like. I mean I hate them but I kind of felt scum would try to make a better argument than that

kind of seemed like they were trying to diffuse my anger at them and were talking to me as if I were town

they switch to Agar, and to back up Super's point, no real indication of why their fos on me is no longer as strong. Like yeah their argument got shredded but they don't acknowledge it they just slink away and then say I still give them "jitters" a la

this is from Cephrir and... yeah I see this argument as well. This is kind of why I was townleaning Ythan is just that like WHY would they do this as scum. I also remember hopkirk saying something along the lines of "welcome to mafiascum" when I made this point though

ugh not me scumleaning two of the players i just called town (at least I said it was to a lesser extent) but like... I am back to scum!ythan after ISO-ing. sometimes when I get in a fight with someone I end up tring them de facto but I don't really feel that way when looking at it from high altitude view

verdict: scumlean

TL;DR:

Xtoxm: null-leaning-scum

Ythan: scumlean
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1149, Albert B. Rampage wrote:thats a lot of work to say you dont have a read on me guys
if this is referring to me, I don't know what you think you've done to deserve to have a read on you. You even said, and I quote, "It's not my responsibility to help you read me," if you're gonna hide your thought process then you can deal with being null until you lead on scum!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1131, hercule wrote:i like 426 (i'm biased) but why did you like our reactions?
i don't know if i actively liked them so much as didn't think they were the flailings of caught scum like she seemed to think, if i'm remembering correctly
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1131, hercule wrote:510 seems overly dramatic to me in hindsight and having read Agar's ISO. I feel like "new york's hottest scumpost" is making it out to be scummier than it is, though I understand the SR
i was trying to do a bit here but it doesn't seem to have landed
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1152, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1131, hercule wrote:i like 426 (i'm biased) but why did you like our reactions?
i don't know if i actively liked them so much as didn't think they were the flailings of caught scum like she seemed to think, if i'm remembering correctly
right, sure
In post 1153, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1131, hercule wrote:510 seems overly dramatic to me in hindsight and having read Agar's ISO. I feel like "new york's hottest scumpost" is making it out to be scummier than it is, though I understand the SR
i was trying to do a bit here but it doesn't seem to have landed
i considered that you might be playing it up / expressing it dramatically just for fun, and that kind of segued with my general vibes I got from you, so, okay, checks out
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1079, Titus wrote:
In post 1077, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1076, Titus wrote:
In post 832, innocentvillager wrote:again multitasking which is why this took so long

Hopkirk is close to a townread but he is not at the level of unwnd or hercule for me. i get the feeling he's just a good player which makes me paranoid of his scumrange. honestly my eyes glaze over his posting (potentially not ideal) but the vibe I get is that it looks like he's being helpful and engaging everyone in an effort to understand what's going on. if he's establishing himself to push an agenda i have a feeling we'll see it later but im very okay having this slot around for now.

JacksonVirgo - mostly a tonal read. i don't love 526 or 533 but the posts i thought were +town are: 534, 597, 598, 599, 647, 648. it's hard to explain it beyond just being openly frustrated and utterly not giving a shit about his thread perception which i have found in practice (in my anecdotal experience) to be a towntell for him.

A50 - this is like exactly the same as A50 in this one towngame we played and not at all how he played in this scumgame we did (granted he replaced in, which is different). there are moments like , , , that ring eerily similar. "but it's just A50's playstyle!" you might say. okay sure maybe, that's why he's one of my weaker townleans i guess. also is a really weird thing to post as scum but i obliged him since someone on my team thinks he can read him ok.

Xtoxm - unprompted and unpostury/interesting notes from Auro are good, i liked for example. don't see an agenda from this slot, not postury, takes are pretty reasonable. other people townreading them too despite lack of content quantity which feels good. weaker townlean probably

TW - ill likely be revisiting this a lot bc im paranoid. here's the reasoning i gave earlier
In post 496, innocentvillager wrote:rn it's leantown i think with the engagement and with the hinting on Datisi scumreading me so early (inside thing where town!Datisi has tunneled early town!me for two games in a row, i like that Datisi gave the read and the worst mentioned it unprompted). his entrance felt forced but on reread it's not bad. could be some confbiasing going on there so im conflicted, idk, im gonna just like worsty be a slow burn read for me.
and i think with your recent interaction with me im townreading you even more. i think your disengagement from this game is fine in the context of being busy and maybe even +town in a vacuum. also i think it's easy for scum!you to try and pocket me and you've done everything but engage with me and pocket me.
I'm ok adding IV to my townblock
i dont think that's how townblocks work

iv is voting you
Haven't got there yet, but I'm ok with putting him in my never eliminate pile.
me being on your "never eliminate pile" is solely due to that post I made? why do you townread that one so much?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 666, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 651, innocentvillager wrote:agar flashwagon is whatever as long as it doesn't actually turn into a claim before he gets to post a lot more

still weak townlean there
Can I ask you a favor?
DGB what was the favor you wanted but never asked for?

why did you read change from town to null on me?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1055, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 1033, Dunnstral wrote:This is a pretty lame read
what don't you like about my Xtoxm read? i said it's a weaker townlean but i don't think any of the reasoning i gave was necessarily "lame"
They pointed to a post being fake which I don't understand how the post can be fake, due to the nature of the post

Or they said their teammate did that.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 642, Xtoxm wrote:auro seems to be following the game, he's made some comments today and yesterday.

in summary:
-post 125 is fake
-ABR is displaying an unusual lack of effort. he's never seen ABR's scum game.
-townreading dann for depth of thought on page 6
-he is mindmelding with hectic
-he highlights the following quote and notes that AGar is right on point:
In post 548, AGar wrote:The ABR vote and feelers were specifically to maybe hopefully coax something out of ABR considering he's been the quietest person in this thread wrt what is few posts actually say. I've literally never seen this from ABR and it's the antithesis to his bloated ego to sit back and let someone else dictate a gamestate.
im in general agreement with him on abr thread. dann's posting is fine but a townread is premature, i don't believe i've seen anything i wouldnt be expecting wolf-dann to be doing.

(this is not the full extent but thats all i want to share)
In post 643, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 642, Xtoxm wrote:-post 125 is fake
How can that post possibly be 'fake'?
In post 125, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 115, Titus wrote:
In post 105, Almost50 wrote:Oh, I should also warn you all that I will try to make a good impression early on then lurk it out to eternity

@Titus, the worst & Dunn: We all know you guys voting me is inevitable, so let's get it over with. :lol:
*refuses the power of the inevitable*

*looks at ABR*

*doubles down on that*
Yes, you mention me, what's up? Long time haha...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1063, Cephrir wrote:can you help me see 506 as nai, i still think it's a scumpost. feel free to rebut 510 since i didn't find his rebuttal very convincing
i did think the wagon had fallen apart a bit more than it actually has.
506 is in line with what I think he would post as town anyway

I don't have much more than that, really, this is my impression of him as a player and not going back to look at his meta.

My thoughts on your points:
In post 510, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: AGar

i don't know if i'd have been bothered by this if unwnd didn't point it out but new york's hottest scumpost is 506. this post has everything:

-complaining about post count
-pointless filler that also randomly drops the only thing he's cared about thus far
-overreaction to titus
-useless nonanalysis on unwnd that turns into a suspicion for some reason
-a MYSTERY VOTE

ceph, i hate to ask, but what's a mystery vote
well seth, that's when you vote ABR without having ever mentioned him before anywhere in your iso for no apparent reason.
complaining about post count is probably NAI for him
dropping what he cared about: he has a small amount of posts so it feels like he is just getting into the game and the previous stuff was rvs
overreaction to titus: I thought they had a history together which prompted this post
unwnd thing: 161 is actually a post by hopkirk (incorrectly linked). So that's where the suspicion is, and Unwnd's thing is something else
mystery vote: again, they don't have much of an iso before this, so this is them coming into the game. The vote is unexplained, though, and dropped quickly after, and is a misinterpretation of the situation
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1156, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 666, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 651, innocentvillager wrote:agar flashwagon is whatever as long as it doesn't actually turn into a claim before he gets to post a lot more

still weak townlean there
Can I ask you a favor?
DGB what was the favor you wanted but never asked for?

why did you read change from town to null on me?
I wanted for you to make a detailed read on... I forget who. It's past the "best before" date now.

How about we update, and you give reads on Xtoxm and Ythan?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1065, hercule wrote:you know, it's probably not a bad idea to take LAMIST as a scumtell for site meta health because we keep getting deepwolfed and our games are exhausting, we could just make everyone cut it out LOL
Who are you talking about?
In post 1079, Titus wrote: Haven't got there yet, but I'm ok with putting him in my never eliminate pile.
Because he gave a few reads? I'm not seeing where this confidence is coming from. I'm accusing you of not doing due diligence in analyzing reads here instead of something more sinister.

In post 1088, Titus wrote:
In post 890, Cephrir wrote:yeah reading titus up to this point leaves me pretty unimpressed but i don't feel the need to vote it right this second
I'm not exactly impressive at this moment unless you agree with my conviction that Agar is scum. I hadn't done much. I was focusing on other games because I am overgamed.
Using this excuse in team mafia is kind of pingy because I feel this game should be pretty high priority.
In post 1103, DrippingGoofball wrote:unwnd is town.
He still hasn't done anything he isn't capable of doing as scum.

Not to say I think that, I'm actually null right now. I do like his posts right now. This is me doing my due diligence.
In post 1107, DrippingGoofball wrote:
TOWN

DrippingGoofball
unwnd
OkaPoka
hercule
Titus
Cephrir
WinterFlakes/Uncrowned

NULL

Dannflor
Almost50
innocentvillager
Albert B. Rampage
the worst
AGar
Hopkirk

SCUM

Xtoxm
JacksonVirgo
Ythan

YEET BAIT TOWN

Dunnstral
I don't think anybody has brought up eliminating me (the opposite in fact), so putting me in a separate category by myself is silly and unfounded
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1129, Almost50 wrote:@AGar: How's THAT for a "stinking" post/response?
I think you missed why that post stunk.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 1161, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1065, hercule wrote:you know, it's probably not a bad idea to take LAMIST as a scumtell for site meta health because we keep getting deepwolfed and our games are exhausting, we could just make everyone cut it out LOL
Who are you talking about?
ah, yeah sorry I wasn't very clear in my rambling, I was just thinking out loud about my homesite, continuation of the thought at
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1030, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1012, the worst wrote:I heard breadcrumbs increase prosperity level if that helps convince you ~~~

what's your read on me, Mr. Oxm?
i dont have a read on you.
i have very little actual experience with you (ie being town) and the only time i was i got you wrong. i think knew somewhere in my heart you were scum but i let you pocket me (to a degree).
what ive seen from you so far is giving me little in either direction and i feel like im going to need to at least a cycle to begin getting a solid grasp on you.
my perception of your scumrange, and my determination to get you right this time, are combining to make me mentally reluctant to do anything with you.

you got anything on me?
I agree you kinda had me that time and I was very pleased when the opportunity to kill you arose :P

Basically vice versa tbh. I don't think you're being flashy and I think stuff like this reads earnest but I don't think either of those things are range-breaking for you.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1034, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 889, Cephrir wrote:
In post 880, the worst wrote:I'm on the fence about how much to say but my team are like assertively undecided on AGar but I don't think I really have an opportunity to advance my read on him atp
i prefer this to forgetting about it. i don't wanna be like, party's moving to the next house let's forget this ever happened, but that seems to be where the thread is headed.
I still think that everybody jumping on them was preemptive/based on what is nai for him

And we haven't moved on from that

They had a good post, the vote thing is nitpicking, saying his team could make that post is true but there's no evidence for it, and the original argument wasn't convincing to me
this is quite good
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1038, OkaPoka wrote:jackson, your case on hercule feels a bit tunnel-y

reminds me of myself
they're pretty capable of pushing nonsense as scum (i mean this as a compliment) so I'm kind of pausing on this
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1046, Dannflor wrote:Is it just me or is Agar being performative this game :thinking:
I'll go reread my discord before I talk about Ceph but :eyes:
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by the worst »

as a good member of the townsfolk I like this idea :)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1075, Titus wrote:
In post 810, the worst wrote:I still think AGar is net towny
I struggle to see how anyone could feel Agar was townie without an informed perspective. The only things he's done so far are over react to my voye on him and OMGUS Cephrir.
have you been reading his posts?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1089, Titus wrote:
In post 961, the worst wrote:I'd contest that isn't a read but I kinda agree a lot of the more vocal disagreements don't feel particularly manipulative (agar/Titus feels like it has the strongest chance of red atm)

how about like actual player reads? townreads can be hot too
Why does me v agar have the strongest chance of a red flip? If so, why did you wait for a wagon to vote me given your TR of Agar?
reducing my read on agar to "tr" is dangerous - you were closer on the last page, I'm perpetuating an argument between two : shrug:-factors in the hope I feel better about one of you.

I'm finding reasons I could townread AGar and not reasons why I could townread you, so my vote falls this way ezpz

also the two of you are weirdly mutually confident about the other being scum which is like, a weak agenda tell
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:21 pm

In post 1161, Dunnstral wrote:I don't think anybody has brought up eliminating me (the opposite in fact), so putting me in a separate category by myself is silly and unfounded
It's founded on petty revenge for you calling me yeet bait!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:22 pm

In post 1161, Dunnstral wrote:Using this excuse in team mafia is kind of pingy because I feel this game should be pretty high priority.
Not to mention how you can hit up your team mates for emergency reads.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:24 pm

In post 1170, the worst wrote:also the two of you are weirdly mutually confident about the other being scum which is like, a weak agenda tell
Do you mean scum agenda? Spit it out!

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1107, DrippingGoofball wrote:
TOWN

DrippingGoofball
unwnd
OkaPoka
hercule
Titus
Cephrir
WinterFlakes/Uncrowned

NULL

Dannflor
Almost50
innocentvillager
Albert B. Rampage
the worst
AGar
Hopkirk

SCUM

Xtoxm
JacksonVirgo
Ythan

YEET BAIT TOWN

Dunnstral
referring to dunn as yeetbait in this game made me nearly laugh

do you think this game is largely run by town & scum are severely struggling to get a foothold?

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”