Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3800 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 3799, MathBlade wrote:Yes you asked for a Sequence wagon then voted RCE. I don’t understand why.
Show me?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

I'm not familiar enough with boonytoonz to speculate on that part of setup.

Looking at the post with the role info, I'm annoyingly townbinning RCE as a variant IC.
UNVOTE: RCE

Amnesiac is a modifier than I can find on the wiki, and on google.... I need to find their claim agian...
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by DkKoba »

im starting to see maybe samantha town but if shes town im incredibly upset at how she played this game so far
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Spoiler: Here
In post 2777, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 2773, Sequence wrote:Dkkoba's post checks out.
I'm scum, and I don't have a scum PT.
I felt left out.

This game's bullshit.

-Bell

@Unwnd: Yup, I'm town.

Sorry if I just derailed a lunar scum wagon, he doesn't eel like one and the post you pointed out I was like, hey if I use that same scum hunting pattern recognition tool, that's literally a post I've made before as town.

_Bell.
At the start of the post you're Mafia, but then in the middle of the post you're suddenly Town? This sort of inconsistency suggests a Mafia struggling to keep stories straight. Wagon, anyone?
In post 2791, Lunar Martian wrote:VOTE: RCEnigma

I'm against killing R&A because we're masons. Rei will confirm. Asuka might not, but I think Asuka will too tbh.

Sorry if this formats incorrectly it’s hard to do this on mobile but this is what I mean Lunar. This doesn’t jive with me.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 3798, Rei and Asuka wrote:"Amnesiac" itself is the variant. "Amnesiac" is not listed in the role of normal *boon* roles. Even though it is a normal role elsewhere on site, it is not a normal role by boon standards, and that is why it is a variant here. It is a variant role (Amnesiac) that ALSO has a mutation (the thing that makes the informed status conditional)

-A
So is that both variants claimed?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

lunar, can you give us a reads list please
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3806 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3805, DkKoba wrote:lunar, can you give us a reads list please
Koba can you please not do this right now? I am trying to catch up and figure something out here. I need to see what Lunar’s state was at the time of that post. Yanking him forward may mess that up. With hoods in play there’s a lot of incorrect associative tells and so you have to be picky about what to look at and do educated votes and flips.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3807 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

k whatever
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3808 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Speaking of which VOTE: Unvote since no idea where votes are
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3809 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

No, variants can have new mutations as well without being considered double variants. I think. At some point you might want to just ask Boon by PM if you want further clarification beyond this but I think there's still room for an unclaimed variant (and would expect something to be the 'dark fairy' given Angel's role)

I should stop posting but I don't want people getting confused on weird mech noise zzz

If Angel is scum they just pulled out like the most insane fakeclaim I've heard in any game ever which is why I have dubbed them catgiffairy level town. The balls to claim that scum get factional abilities in a game that does not claim to have additional scum factional abilities is just probably outside the range of like, any scum player on site.

-A
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3810 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 3805, DkKoba wrote:lunar, can you give us a reads list please
I can work on one. I think Animal Farm has to be at the top of it. A true classic.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3811 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

In post 3803, MathBlade wrote:
I felt left out.

This game's bullshit.

-Bell

Sorry if I just derailed a lunar scum wagon, he doesn't eel like one and the post you pointed out I was like, hey if I use that same scum hunting pattern recognition tool, that's literally a post I've made before as town.

_Bell.
At the start of the post you're Mafia, but then in the middle of the post you're suddenly Town? This sort of inconsistency suggests a Mafia struggling to keep stories straight. Wagon, anyone?

I'm against killing R&A because we're masons. Rei will confirm. Asuka might not, but I think Asuka will too tbh.

Sorry if this formats incorrectly it’s hard to do this on mobile but this is what I mean Lunar. This doesn’t jive with me.
Oh. Lol. That was a joke.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3812 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 3809, Rei and Asuka wrote: (and would expect something to be the 'dark fairy' given Angel's role)
-A
please elaborate
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3813 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2, Boonskiies wrote:
Rules:
Because Rules are there to CONTAIN the FUN!

The Basics:

1] Play to win. Nobody wants to be a loser.
2] Do not take screenshots or directly quote any of the PMs that I send you. Doing so will result in a mod-kill. Pretending to break this rule is the same as actually breaking 3] You may paraphrase, but use caution. When in doubt, run it by me first.
4] Do not edit any of your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
5] Do not use encrypted text, hidden text, small text, or any other hard-to-read text when posting.
6] Once you have been faded or killed, you are out of the game. Do not post anymore until the game is over. "Bah" post if you need to, but eh...
7] Do not talk about this game with anybody else outside of this thread unless your role PM explicitly says that you can.
8] Heated discussion is fine, but personal attacks, insults, flaming, and poor sportsmanship are not. Please don't be a jerk to your fellow players. If I feel that your behavior is preventing other players from enjoying the game, I reserve the right to force-replace or mod-kill you.
9] Do not talk about ongoing games. Like really, come on...

Day, Night, and Twilight:

9] Each Day phase will last for
14 days
, and each Night phase will last for two days. It will switch to
10 days
when I feel it should.
10] Players may continue to talk during
Twilight
, including the player that has been faded.
11] If you do not send me your Night action before the specified deadline, I will assume that you are not performing an action on that night, unless your role specifically requires an action, in which case a randomizer will be used to complete the action.
12] If you know you will be unavailable during a Night phase, you may send me your night action during the preceding Day phase if you so desire.
13] Deadline extension requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
14] Factional abilities may be used alongside role abilities as long as the role ability doesn't specifically state otherwise.

Voting:

15] Please post all votes and unvotes using either the bold tag or the vote tag. Nicknames are fine, as long as I can understand them. Votes should look like this:
Vote:Boonskiies
or VOTE: Boon.
16] Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
17] Please refrain from engaging in any kind of voting trickery. If it looks like a vote, I'm counting it as a vote.
18] A
Fade
will only occur when a majority (more than 50% of all possible votes) is reached. The number of votes needed to hammer will be included with every vote count.
19] If a majority is not reached by the deadline, there will be no execution on that Day.
20] Once a hammer occurs, no votes or unvotes will prevent the execution from happening.
21] Additional votes include VOTE: No Fade to end the Day with no fade (which will also require a majority) and VOTE: Draw to end the game in a draw (which will require 100% agreement from all living players).

Activity:

22] You will be expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you go more than 48 hours without posting, you will be prodded.
23] If you receive a prod, you will have 24 hours to post in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you more than three times, you will be replaced.
24] If you know that you will have limited access to the game for more than a few days, please let me know either in the thread or via PM.

Communication with the Moderator:

25] I may be pretty close to perfect, but I do still make mistakes every now and then. If you notice an error with the vote counts, deadlines, or anything else related to the game, please let me know and I will correct the issue.
26] I will not answer any role-related questions in the game thread. If you have any questions about your role, the (theoretical) roles of any other players in the game, or (theoretical) role interactions, send me a PM. Do not try to trick me into confirming a player's role. I will not be amused.
27] If you need to get my attention, just include @Mod or @Boon in your post. Also, bolding will help catch my eye.

Miscellaneous:

28] Even if my Checklist states no to Scum day talk or no to Multitasking, these can still be in the game with the corresponding roles. Encryptor and Multitasking modifier, for instance.
29] If you have any problems with another player, send me a PM and I will do my best to resolve the issue.
30] If a player is mod-killed during the Day phase, then that Day will end immediately.
31] My color is Purple. (#800080) DON’T USE IT.

32] The flavor text is for entertainment purposes only. Analyze it at your own risk.
33] Do not ask me to mod-kill, force-replace, or discipline any other player in the game. That is my decision to make, not yours.
34] As the moderator, my word is final. Please respect my instructions and my decisions.
35] I reserve the right to change these rules during the game if necessary. If this happens, I will inform everybody of the rule change in the thread.
36] In addition to these rules, all site-wide rules also apply.
37] Claiming color code, timestamps, spelling, or any other form of non-public information is prohibited.
38] If the game happens to have multiple scum factions, I will play the game out through. If only scum remain, and all scum end up dying or all living on the final night, the game will be a joint win between scum factions. Basically, I will not play an extra night if scum come in to the day in a 1-1 or a 1-1-1 situation. The normal mafia win conditions would come into play prior to the night happening, so it would become a joint win at the point. If town lives in the 1-1-1 situation, the night will play out if it isn't an auto win.
39] Go ahead. Find a loophole in my rules. I encourage it if you can make it work, however be aware that abuse of a loophole may end with a mod-kill.
40] I live in California, and have Pacific Standard Time.
40] You may notice that this is a second Rule 40. I am the mod. I have the right to do this because in the end, what I say goes.
@rei
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3814 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3, Boonskiies wrote:
Game Specific Mechanics

• Day and Night phases are transformed into Moonlight, Morning Sun, and a Time Stasis phase. Essentially, the Time Stasis phase takes the place of Night Phases, and Day Phases are replaced by Moonlight and Morning Sun.

≠ First Moonlight
≠ Time Stasis 1
≠ First Morning Sun
≠ Time Stasis 2

And so forth.

• The Dark Fairy alignment have access to Factional Abilities other than the kills, only available for usage during the Time Stasis phase after a Moonlight phase.

• The Magical Fairy role is confirmed to be in this game, and will not be considered a Variant role for this game.

Magical Fairy [Inverted Voyeur]

Abilities:

• [Voyeur] At night, you may target a player. You will learn what type of action was performed on that player, but not by who.
• [Inverted] If your target is "Commuting", your action will still succeed, and you will allow all other actions performed on your target to succeed, even if it would normally fail from modifiers such as "Disloyal" or "Simple".
Uhmmm RA? You might want to reread this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3815 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh legendary creature is def not a scumslip the mafia faction is called dark fairies lol
retired
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3816 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3811, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 3803, MathBlade wrote:
I felt left out.

This game's bullshit.

-Bell

_Bell.

Oh. Lol. That was a joke.
I get the masons bit as a joke, this setup with this many hoods and masons would be very weird.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3817 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Sorry accidental submit, was the joke a vote?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3818 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Can someone who is better at joke detection than me help me out? I am an Aspie so if there’s something that’s over my head I wanna know because I could just be being a dumb dumb.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3819 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

14 usually just refers to the factional kill, i.e., if scum is a scum rolecop they can cop and kill in the same night. Angel's role implies that scum have like, complete bullshit that isn't on rolecards and that town won't learn about until post-game like in BTE where scum had a factional daykill that ended the dayphase.

Oh right shit I forgot dark fairy already had factional abilities revealed as per #3. Hmm. HMMM. I don't want to double back on Angel being town but I guess that claim is at least nominally more fakeable than it was otherwise given scum factional abilities were discussed in 3. I still think the role makes sense for town in a game where scum get factional abilities? My overconfidence there might have been right for the wrong reasons still

-A
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3820 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh its all odd night abilities
retired
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3821 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

The masons thing was a joke in the sense it was hyperbole. It wasn't like, a ha-ha funny joke, more a joke in the sense that it was a pointed statement that wasn't literally true.

-A
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3822 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 3809, Rei and Asuka wrote: (and would expect something to be the 'dark fairy' given Angel's role)
-A
please elaborate
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3823 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

So yeah, the Masons thing was a joke/jest/fib. I thought that was obvious and didn't realize it would cause so much drama 50 pages later. Sorry. The other bit was also a joke. Sequence called themselves Mafia in part of the post, but then Town in the other part of the post. The joke was me calling them out on the inconsistency, when they literally claimed Mafia and thus that would be the thing that makes them Mafia.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3824 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

dark fairy = scum alignment and mythical creature =town alignment
retired

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”