Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3819, Rei and Asuka wrote:14 usually just refers to the factional kill, i.e., if scum is a scum rolecop they can cop and kill in the same night. Angel's role implies that scum have like, complete bullshit that isn't on rolecards and that town won't learn about until post-game like in BTE where scum had a factional daykill that ended the dayphase.

Oh right shit I forgot dark fairy already had factional abilities revealed as per #3. Hmm. HMMM. I don't want to double back on Angel being town but I guess that claim is at least nominally more fakeable than it was otherwise given scum factional abilities were discussed in 3. I still think the role makes sense for town in a game where scum get factional abilities? My overconfidence there might have been right for the wrong reasons still

-A
Would you hate me if I knew of a scum game where scum made such a ridiculous claim it bought them a day? I abhor scum wouldn’t do X or Y arguments so Player A is town. I like them to find what is most probable but not towards a single player’s alignment. I know sometimes I am a hypocrite but I would never say town/scum won’t do something. I had a game that got royally forked because two townies fake claimed and me being a mechanical player for really confused. Titus was stuck directly in FL’s pocket so hard I bet the game on her being scum with FL and it was just ugh. Scum also fake claimed a vig in another recent game with no claims out. I just hate this argument. If it’s for other reasons cool but just the claim is words to me.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

No, Moonlight is night and Sunlight is day.

.≠ First Moonlight -- night
≠ Time Stasis 1 -- night resolution (nightkill resolves, people get results, etc.)
≠ First Morning Sun -- day
≠ Time Stasis 2 -- day resolution (flip)

I believe this is how the game works looking back on that post, you can PM boon to confirm or ask your own interpretation. What this is saying is that the scum factional powers can only be used in the clean-up phase after other night actions have resolved. They probably submit it with night actions but might be able to resolve it after they have other night actions resolve, i.e. they could get like a individual player's [scum investigative] result and then use a [scum factional roleblock] or something like that

-A
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

at least theres 1 other person who thinks PR claims mean jack shit lol happy to see
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by samantha97 »

no, moonlight phase 1 is day 1 and moonlight phase 2 is day 3

also pls answer
In post 3822, samantha97 wrote:
In post 3809, Rei and Asuka wrote: (and would expect something to be the 'dark fairy' given Angel's role)
-A
please elaborate
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3823, Lunar Martian wrote:So yeah, the Masons thing was a joke/jest/fib. I thought that was obvious and didn't realize it would cause so much drama 50 pages later. Sorry. The other bit was also a joke. Sequence called themselves Mafia in part of the post, but then Town in the other part of the post. The joke was me calling them out on the inconsistency, when they literally claimed Mafia and thus that would be the thing that makes them Mafia.
I was asking if the RCE vote was a joke. It’s really out of place. Like I get mason joking (it is really dumb but it happens)

Pedit: RA look at the thread title we are in moonlight. You are wrong. Look at the post I quoted earlier
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

moonlight = odd number
morning sun = even number
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 3818, MathBlade wrote:Can someone who is better at joke detection than me help me out? I am an Aspie so if there’s something that’s over my head I wanna know because I could just be being a dumb dumb.
Fellow ASD - Doesn't look jokey to me.

Pedit - Morning Sun and Moonlight are our day phases. Time Stasis are our night phases.
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

In post 3825, MathBlade wrote:Would you hate me if I knew of a scum game where scum made such a ridiculous claim it bought them a day?

No, it's a reasonable concern. It's not impossible my dubbing of Noraa slot was in haste. But it's still a very ambitious fakeclaim from momrangal if it is, and I think that given some of the complaints about BTE Boon would be inclined to have a town-aligned role that learned about scum factional abilities. I will say it lowers my dubbing of Angel down to like 80% certainty but I think it still veers very heavily toward town. I can have Rei review the slot as a whole later to confirm the dubbing given that my dubbing was made without remembering post 3 which changes the potential scum motivation, BUT I still think I was probably right if just for the wrong reasons.

-A
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3014, Boonskiies wrote:
Vote Count 1.10

RCEnigma [3]:
Sequence, Lunar Martian, Dkkoba
Special BROvert Ops [3]:
Titus, Mathblade, Samantha97
Flea the Magician [2]:
Unwnd, RCEnigma,
Samantha97 [2]:
Angel Warriors, Special BROvert Ops
Mathblade [2]:
Nylaathria, Rei and Asuka,
Nylaathria [1]:
Toogeloo
Sequence [1]:
SirCakez,
SirCakez [1]:
Flea the Magician,

Not Voting [1]:
Murdercat

With
alive, it takes
to fade.

The
First Moonlight
sets in
(expired on 2021-01-28 12:00:00)
on
January 28th

Mod Notes:
Gamma Emerald of Special BROvert Ops is VLA until 1/25.
Is there a more recent VC than this?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

okay I'm just going to try to reread post 3 until I think I understand wtf it says

-A
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:45 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 3809, Rei and Asuka wrote: (and would expect something to be the 'dark fairy' given Angel's role)
-A
nothing that would suggest this was ever posted in the thread and depending on what it is it can be really useful information

can you pls elaborate on this or someone else who is in their pt
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3834, Rei and Asuka wrote:okay I'm just going to try to reread post 3 until I think I understand wtf it says

-A
Let’s go over this in our hood RA. No reason to bog the thread down.

Sam that pings me as a good question but I need the context for that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Rei and Asuka
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Rei and Asuka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Rei and Asuka »

In BTE the scum factional abilities were tied to a scum variant role, so if Angel-slot is town I would think that it is learning about scum abilities that are activated by a scum variant role (probably flavored around a dark fairy given post 0's image and the flavor of the game?). You can find Boon's iso and look at Booneytoonz Extravaganza and look at I think it was pisskop's rolecard to see what I'm talking about. I'm not actually sure this is correct, this is just sort of, my take on what's likely to be how the game works

-A
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 3836, MathBlade wrote:Sam that pings me as a good question but I need the context for that.
not 100% sure what you're asking
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3837, Rei and Asuka wrote:In BTE the scum factional abilities were tied to a scum variant role, so if Angel-slot is town I would think that it is learning about scum abilities that are activated by a scum variant role (probably flavored around a dark fairy given post 0's image and the flavor of the game?). You can find Boon's iso and look at Booneytoonz Extravaganza and look at I think it was pisskop's rolecard to see what I'm talking about. I'm not actually sure this is correct, this is just sort of, my take on what's likely to be how the game works

-A
Okay those meta links you got from me before. Did you look at my scum meta links I gave you? This is important.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3838, samantha97 wrote:
In post 3836, MathBlade wrote:Sam that pings me as a good question but I need the context for that.
not 100% sure what you're asking
I am not asking. It’s an observation I didn’t want to forget and I want to go back to after I find a VC somewhere.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by samantha97 »

what are the chances of there being 0 boon/variants on the mafia team, and their absence being supplemented by universal abilities that are not tied to 1 player?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3841, samantha97 wrote:what are the chances of there being 0 boon/variants on the mafia team, and their absence being supplemented by universal abilities that are not tied to 1 player?
Anything is possible at this point. (Deflecting the why until RA answers the question I asked)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Titus »

@Math, Check Toog ISO for VCs
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

Titus I asked you a couple questions. Generally I'm curious to see your VCA here, but I also want you to see if you can figure out why I'm very confident in BRO being Mafia.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3844, Lunar Martian wrote:Titus I asked you a couple questions. Generally I'm curious to see your VCA here, but I also want you to see if you can figure out why I'm very confident in BRO being Mafia.
Let me go back and read from the thread lock. I just got out of jail and McDonald's is fucking up my order. This afternoon has not been good.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3842, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3841, samantha97 wrote:what are the chances of there being 0 boon/variants on the mafia team, and their absence being supplemented by universal abilities that are not tied to 1 player?
Anything is possible at this point. (Deflecting the why until RA answers the question I asked)
RA answered some stuff in the hood, so can comment freely now.

As scum in the game I mentioned I manipulated what town thought of the mechanics and ended being universally townread after taking care of some earlier misplays by Titus. Trying to assume what exists (hypothesis okay assume bad) is not the best idea. In other words If scum have X faction ability then I expect Y to occur is okay. If scum have faction X ability Y is town because they claim Z and (long chain here) is not. Making sure everyone understands mechanics in their hoods is a good thing and if anyone poisons the well then it becomes super obvious. That’s why I want to know who is in what hood so I know whose well is clean and who has dirty stinky scum water.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3757, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 3402, Titus wrote:
In post 3400, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3394, Titus wrote:
In post 3387, MURDERCAT wrote:I just want D1 to end. I will solve the game eventually if we get ANY flip today. We have enough info. Titus you can pick anyone and I'll vote there. If a wagon gets to E-1 I'm hammering. I don't care anymore.
Brovert
Titus help me out, why BROvert? The BROvert slot is posting. In the scum games I have had with Gamma he’s a lurk sac. Granted he looks lurk sacky due to the hyperposting but I don’t see this. Can you explain it?
I perceive him as a lurksack but for pressure. The longer this goes on, the less confident I become in any of my reads. I am just going to let my night actions and VCA solve things. Lord knows we have enough wagons and claims for me to make a move tonight.
Given how many wagons there have been, why aren't you doing VCA now?
In post 3762, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 3489, unwnd wrote:RCE I think I'm gonna hammer

If you fooled me as scum wellplayed

If you die as town, I hope town realizes a few things and the next day is much better

Godspeed, friend

VOTE: RCEnigma
Why in the world would you hammer someone after declaring them Town?

VOTE: BROvert Ops

I want Titus to tell me the specific moment I realized this was the vote I wanted to make.
In post 3775, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 3762, Lunar Martian wrote:
In post 3489, unwnd wrote:RCE I think I'm gonna hammer

If you fooled me as scum wellplayed

If you die as town, I hope town realizes a few things and the next day is much better

Godspeed, friend

VOTE: RCEnigma
Why in the world would you hammer someone after declaring them Town?

VOTE: BROvert Ops

I want Titus to tell me the specific moment I realized this was the vote I wanted to make.
Titus, as a hint look in the vicinity of a Toog post round about #3400.
Good I am going to need the hint.

As for why no VCA. It's not VCA if it's day one. It's wagonomics. Seriously though, why do you think I keep coming back to Bro?

I'll go look for that Toog post.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

For example, assuming Koba and MurderCat are more likely to have a scum influencing them somewhere. If a majority of players have too much group think and it’s on town then there’s some shenanigans. It’s about finding the little strings that go bump in the night.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3764, Toogeloo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Special Bro Ops

---

Unofficial Vote Count

Special BROvert Ops [6]:
Murdercat, Rei and Asuka, Titus, Unwnd, Lunar Martian, Toogeloo,
Sequence [5]:
Dkkoba, Angel Warriors, RCEnigma, Special BROvert Ops, SirCakez,
RCEnigma [2]:
Flea the Magician, Mathblade,
DkKoba [1]:
Samantha97,
Mathblade [1]:
Nylaathria,

Not Voting [1]:
Sequence,
VOTE: Sequence I want nothing to do with the BROvert wagon. We likely have scum and/or dirty water MurderCat, RA, who doesn’t have a clue what’s going on, Titus who literally said I don’t know what I am talking about despite having the experience to know what I am talking about, unwd who just wants anyone, Lunar who doesn’t have a coherent thought stream and Lunar who isn’t reading.

Odds of that hitting scum are pretty damn low
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”