Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 1723, Menalque wrote:@flopz @lili @auro can i interest any of u three in a delicious autumn wagon?
Hmmmm, I’m feeling like atm it’s either a Chenn+AL scum-team or Men (+maybeee Super but I don’t want to vote there) is scum.

I was casing Auro but after all this stuff is happening I started looking more at Chenn and Infinity.

Aside from Chenn being a massive liar about his hyperposting, the only hyper part is the amount of times Chenn has called his posting hyperposting lmao. The whole Chenn V Fire thing was just so meh. Like Chenn didn’t do anything with that and it was a pretty -.- affair. Like Chenn's been talking a lot about how if he was scum his hyperposting would be off the chain and how he would take over the thread. I don’t know why they wouldn’t just do that as Town then and try to push in a Townie direction if they believe they can so easily take over the thread.

I feel that Chenn + Infinity just seem too together this game, especially looking back through the game. With both agreeing together quite often and from both sides.

Tho for Infinity, I do like how they were fair to me after my push against them and didn’t hold it to me after. They also felt a lot better after their first day. Now, their Super push out of nowhere is either really scummy or so out of left field it goes all the way back to town and I haven't finished deliberating over this. So I think rn I would put my vote on either Chenn or Men
“[Jellyfish] are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful.” ~ Mr. K. Dilkington.
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Flopz »

Gonna finish off my Auro case and then I'll go to Men I guess
“[Jellyfish] are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful.” ~ Mr. K. Dilkington.
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:29 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1842, Menalque wrote:
In post 1835, chennisden wrote:
In post 1832, Menalque wrote:
In post 1831, chennisden wrote:It's mostly based on the way you guys were interacting with Koba for the second part.
Hmm?
I would not go as far as to pin down my read on you two as "scum," but the way you two interacted with Koba is reason for me to take another look at your slots. Particularly when your predecessor wasn't the towniest of town, and there were a lot of weird interactions around that slot
Okay, but I guess I’m not seeing what’s scummy about our interactions with koba

Like it’s very frustrating being tunnelled by someone you (1) know is wrong (2) has been wrong in the past but won’t admit that (3) you strongly suspect is reading you based on personal issues rather than what you’ve done in game

And like it sounds like at least 2 and maybe all 3 of those things would also be true in super’s case if she’s town which so I get why she’s frustrated here
Wait, I want to make clear that I haven't actually drawn any conclusions, and I'm not even sure this uneasiness equates to my feeling it's scummy

I actually form much weaker conclusions than most other people at this stage of the game (see my last post I guess) so basically anything I share is mostly me feeling around. And while I might currently feel like I think these interactions are scummy, I think the only confident conclusion I've drawn is that a) I think there's scum in Super, Auro, Menalque (which is a very weak take because 1 - 7/10*6/9*5/8 is a pretty stinking big number), and b) that finding the scum in said list is more feasible and more important than focusing outside it.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1848, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1844, Menalque wrote:Lili how would you feel about voting for infinity?
Stance on infinity: probscum, I don’t like his posts, but consolidation on infinity feels way too easy
There’s only one way to find out if it is too easy though *waggles eyebrows*
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1850, Flopz wrote:
In post 1723, Menalque wrote:@flopz @lili @auro can i interest any of u three in a delicious autumn wagon?
Hmmmm, I’m feeling like atm it’s either a Chenn+AL scum-team or Men (+maybeee Super but I don’t want to vote there) is scum.

I was casing Auro but after all this stuff is happening I started looking more at Chenn and Infinity.

Aside from Chenn being a massive liar about his hyperposting, the only hyper part is the amount of times Chenn has called his posting hyperposting lmao. The whole Chenn V Fire thing was just so meh. Like Chenn didn’t do anything with that and it was a pretty -.- affair. Like Chenn's been talking a lot about how if he was scum his hyperposting would be off the chain and how he would take over the thread. I don’t know why they wouldn’t just do that as Town then and try to push in a Townie direction if they believe they can so easily take over the thread.

I feel that Chenn + Infinity just seem too together this game, especially looking back through the game. With both agreeing together quite often and from both sides.

Tho for Infinity, I do like how they were fair to me after my push against them and didn’t hold it to me after. They also felt a lot better after their first day. Now, their Super push out of nowhere is either really scummy or so out of left field it goes all the way back to town and I haven't finished deliberating over this. So I think rn I would put my vote on either Chenn or Men
I dont need to be top poster to take control of thread

I also dont spam the game because a) online school is freaking CRAMMING hw down my throat and b) yall were NOT JOKING when you said this playerlist was the spammiest, and I don't particularly want to add to that without also adding value to the game
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Why is Auro a keystone slot to you?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Menalque »

Chenn have u like, ever talked about this keystone slot theory stuff before or have u err ever actually done this before in a game?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 am

Post by chennisden »

Also the reason I don't do that as town is because I'm pretty terrible at the game and I don't want to get flamed for throwing if I lead town in a bad direction lmao
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1856, Menalque wrote:Chenn have u like, ever talked about this keystone slot theory stuff before or have u err ever actually done this before in a game?
I dunno, it's been a while
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1849, chennisden wrote:the ones that are most feasible to solve and end up having a large impact on the game if sorted correctly. Then I actually try to sort some non-empty subset of these slots, and when I do make progress I can look at the game from another perspective,
Chennis this feels a lot like it doesn’t really mean anything

Can u explain like I am smol scumhunting child pls
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:36 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1855, lilith2013 wrote:Why is Auro a keystone slot to you?
Mostly because (weighted) graph theory: Auro has a large number of decently strong connections to other slots, including the "obviously important ones", so sorting him will shed a lot of light on other slots. I also think he has a good amount of connections/interactions with harder to sort slots as well, something I think is mostly unique to him; I don't think this is true for Super and I think it's not so true for Menalque. (I'm not about to go and hyperanalyze the epsilon posts his predecessor made because I just think conf-bias would be too strong there - but I do acknowledge the early wagon on Amp probably could give a good amount of info)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Menalque »

I think what may be happening here is that súper and I are correctly hard townreading each other and scum feel a need to undermine that

Full disclosure, I didn’t think of this myself but maria pointed out that that’s exactly what happened when she and I correctly TR each other in wolfdance redux
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Menalque »

Why is koba /not/ a keystone slot to you?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:37 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1859, Menalque wrote:
In post 1849, chennisden wrote:the ones that are most feasible to solve and end up having a large impact on the game if sorted correctly. Then I actually try to sort some non-empty subset of these slots, and when I do make progress I can look at the game from another perspective,
Chennis this feels a lot like it doesn’t really mean anything

Can u explain like I am smol scumhunting child pls
I spend early game looking for who I really need to care about, then I care about them really hard, sort their alignments, and then use that to look at slots I did not care so much about before. Then I get a working theory in my head.

And hopefully I dont die, lose, or get nightkilled because scum is trolling along the way
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:38 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1862, Menalque wrote:Why is koba /not/ a keystone slot to you?
Even though Koba slot is important, I dont actually feel like I can get a lot of leeway or make progress on said slot atm
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am

Post by lilith2013 »

mena do you think koba is town
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Menalque »

Whereas you think you can on me/super? What’s the difference here?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1865, lilith2013 wrote:mena do you think koba is town
Yes
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:40 am

Post by chennisden »

Actually now that I think about it I play scum with a similar mindset, only that I try to kill said slots, make it hard to read them, or make it hard to figure out who said slots are in the first place
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Menalque »

Lili how about voting infinity in the meantime while there’s not a lot else going on
Super
Super
Goon
Super
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Super »

just in my car about to drive but realised autumn has a player on their team that knows me

autumn what's ydrasse's read on me?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1866, Menalque wrote:Whereas you think you can on me/super? What’s the difference here?
I feel like there's more places where I could dig into your ISOs/interactions. Not that I'm claiming the same isn't true for the other slots, but that I think a) I get more out of it, and crucially, b) I'm a lot closer to identifying what said things I need to dig into are
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1850, Flopz wrote:I don’t know why they wouldn’t just do that as Town then and try to push in a Townie direction if they believe they can so easily take over the thread.
What do you make of his explanation of why he’s playing the way he is over the last like 2 pages?
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am

Post by chennisden »

In post 1869, Menalque wrote:Lili how about voting infinity in the meantime while there’s not a lot else going on
I have to say I'm curious, why do people try to get other people to vote their wagon when said other person clearly is undecided/uninterested

Doesnt it seem counterproductive
chennisden
chennisden
Macho Pichu
chennisden
Macho Pichu
Macho Pichu

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:43 am

Post by chennisden »

Also wanted to bring this up: I think I am posting a lot, it's just that I'm a hyperposter in a sea of hyperposters

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”