Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1588, Zaiden wrote:
In post 1570, Pink Ball wrote:Love the meme, but now I see why you could be scum based on that answer to Maria, but meh you're fun you can stay.

I don't see you as a noob by the way. My only piece of advice, and this is only for you:

Spoiler: Zaiden only
Stop playing League dude
It's a curse. Many of my friends play it so it's hard to get out. Because the highs are really high even when the lows are catastrophic. And those high highs do feel pretty good. And once I hit Gold IV I will probably leave it at that. To be fair, I am a noob at forum. My point of contention is that I'm not useless. I'm trying my best to contribute and maybe my best isn't enough but it's frustrating because I feel like I've been readily dismissed and made an easy target out of. I'm trying really hard but it feels like no one's acknowledging my efforts not to mention I'm somehow looking bad after everything I'm trying to do so I'm clearly doing something wrong. It was silly and conceited of me to think this would be similar to the Newbie Game when everyone's on a whole different level from that so I just have to try and up my efforts because I owe it to my friends for believing in me and the town.

Also I made that meme knowing that some people could try 'readin' deeply into the meaning behind my response/meme and try to pin down something on me. To be honest, I'd also been told by my team that MariaR’s push felt like it made sense from her perspective even if they don't get it (this was about 2 days ago) so +townpoints. And to be honest, I'm not sure if they are right because I certainly don't understand it and feel deeply suspicious about the push/their agenda. Clearly part of it is motivated by a dislike for the way I post - or is that just a convenient pretext to excuse having me eliminated when I eventually flip town? So engaging with Maria will help me figure that out - whether she's coming from a genuinely town angle or whether she sees me as this easy newbie to throw under the bus.
Had the same problem at the begining of the pandemic; suddenly everyone started playing again 'cause we were all locked down. It was fun coming back after all these years. Made it to Gold II and left it on Septembre I believe. But yeah playing with friends is great.

I think you can leave behind the "no one's acknowledging my efforts" rethoric; it was valid at first, but I've seen plenty of interactions with you now coming from a lot of players, so try to go through that.

About your meme, more than reading deep into it, it just felt to me that you could have asked for advice to your team about what to do with respect to Maria's read and push on you. The most surface level thing that your team could've said would be "don't be afraid to confront her, she's scary but if you show confidence maybe she'll back off" or something along those lines, and you followed that and posted what you posted. Maria as the colossal titan is a nice picture tho.

Don't want to put words on Maria's mouth, but I think she could be reading you as scum because you've done a lot of newb!scum things. You actually reminded me of my first scumgame at some points. But I don't know if that's what Maria has seen. I'm not scumreading you 'cause I think the newb things you have done are NAI.
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Zaiden »

Forum Mafia's been sabotaging my sleep schedule lately. I don't know why I keep doing this when I have to get up in 6-7 hours every day. Anyway, I'll be off. Gnight.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1595, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1594, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1577, staypositivefriend wrote:does anyone have a case against spring breeze? ive seen a lot of shade on that slot and i wanna dive into them because most of their posts have passed right by me
I haven't seen any shade towards Spring Breeze, could you show me?
i assume that's sarcasm

how did you feel about the iso i did on her? did any of my points resonate or align w/yours?
Sorry I posted that without looking at the more recent posts beforehand.

My question would be more "second half" oriented, as I see that on the first 30 pages there were 2 or 3 players who showed interest on Spring Breeze, but after that she has been pretty much under the radar (with a few exceptions).

Your ISO read on her is lacking of more damning things that I have seen so it makes sense you have her as null/scumlean, but the "broad language" analysis checks out with one of my bullet points: fencesitting. And you almost came to the conclusion I have towards her read progression on Zaiden.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

In post 1598, Zaiden wrote:I guess it can be really hard to convey tone online because the way you post is generally snarky so I played that back in my head with a snarky tone.
Honestly not an unfair assessment of my posting lol.

I try to make the snark/serious/joke parts of my posts distinct but sometimes I don't do a great job of that.
Zaiden wrote:And as I said, I apologise for lashing out and making you feel terrible because from the general reactions it was a misunderstanding on my own end and you didn't mean it.
S'all good. It's hard to understand people under the best of circumstances, let alone in a social deduction game over the internet (':
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1597, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1593, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1576, staypositivefriend wrote:genuinely dont feel like zaiden would take those comments so personally if he was playing from a scum mindset. i suppose that isnt something i can say definitively since i don't "know" him, but i do think that town tend to be more sensitive to feeling like their worth/utility to the game is being questioned
My only problem with this argument, which I agree, is that at the same time there was a wagon starting to build on Zaiden, so the frustration could come as scum being defeated, and his conflict with Cheet would've been just the icing of the cake
that is a legitimate point, but i will say that if zaiden's frustration was stemming from the wagon on him, it isn't reflected much at all in the stuff he's chosen to focus on. zaiden is focusing less on being read incorrectly and more about being treated unfairly, and the focus on the "treatment" he's getting is something that strikes me as town indicative
Yeah, but the being treated unfairly frustration could be read as "if you guys gave me a chance you wouldn't be on me right now" which could come from both town and scum.

I'm playing devil's advocate with myself 'cause I think you're right.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1601, Zaiden wrote:Forum Mafia's been sabotaging my sleep schedule lately. I don't know why I keep doing this when I have to get up in 6-7 hours every day. Anyway, I'll be off. Gnight.
Same... gotta work out at 7 am and the biggest pain in the ass aren't the squats, but leaving my bed. Night Zaiden
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by PrivateI »

Spoiler: page 1-65 or so
--So, not just the title of the game, but the first mod post to start the day explicitly talks about peaches. I know this is hit on a little bit throughout the day, but still worth pointing out.

--Starting on the first page, Midwaybear talks about “townreading” MurderSunny based on their bringing up peaches. Only worth mentioning given the discussion that happens later. (Retracted in .)

--SPF opens by discussing changes she’s planning on making to her typical playstyle here. Always exciting to see someone be so upfront with how they plan to play.

--First time Noraa jumps on the peach bandwagon.

--I don’t like this post from SPF. I get that it’s RVS or whatever and nothing matters, but rereading, it gives me bad vibes.

--Being the third vote on anyone in RVS (also does RVS still exist? what is site meta? What am i doing here?) (which this game quickly starts shifting out of soon) just feels weird and opportunistic, and it’s what SirCakez does here. I agree with Midway’s to that effect.

--WITH THAT SAID, I do like SirCakez vote here, but is it because it’s what I’m thinking too? Idk tbh. I’m just happy I have my computer back.

--i have not liked a single post SPF has made thus far in my reread and this is no exception.

--Is this just Noraa? If I’ve been scumreading her because this is how she plays, that’s fine, I guess, but I don’t understand what she’s doing here. The deflection based on her emotional state, the nonsensical posting, the sheer clutter of the game thread...I don’t like any of it, but I might have been hasty to say it’s alignment indicative.

--Adding this to the list of SPF posts I don’t like. Along with several on this page.

--This post from SPF deflects with zero explanation. She can then piggyback on more substantive posts later from others. Just scummy stuff.

--Spring Breeze jumping on the Cheetory train with a clean vote, absent explanation, reads bad.

--MurderSunny’s lackluster reactions in the first few posts on this page aren’t that helpful, but...who am I to talk?

--I like this post from midwaybear in general, even if I don’t wholly agree with the conclusions.

--This post feels opportunistic at best from Zaiden. Maybe I just don’t like the third votes on wagons.

--What is Noraa doing here at this point?[/post]

--SERIOUSLY what is Noraa doing? (Coupled with and where she...softclaims PR? I’m not even sure. Scumreading Noraa hard here.

--Maybe I’m just blind, but I also don’t understand Jake’s post here, going to town-reading Noraa based on *gestures wildly* THIS.

--ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

--I’m a big fan of Jingle’s post here.

--Just to respond to this from SPF, I tend to be quite noncommittal in these games, it’s a Mafia game character flaw I have. But I understand why it looks bad.

--Despite my concerns with Noraa so far, I do agree with SPF’s post here, even if it’s self-interested for me to do so. I’m curious, though, because Noraa’s behaviour SPF townreads appears to be a significant departure from the rest of her posts this game.

--This feels like a leading post from MWB to Zaiden but maybe I’m reading too much into it.

I like Spring Breeze’s analysis of SirCakez here, and by “like”, I mean it’s something I agree with.

Clidd seems eager to defend midwaybear with his first substantive post.

--Highlighting this question about my team’s experience with noraa to ensure I respond to it later.

--This vote from SPF feels out of nowhere compared to her previous posts.

--As much as I love Jingle’s post leading the town earlier, I’m not as big of a fan of Gypyx’s naked speculation here.

--I think Zaiden is town.

--I’m baffled at Noraa putting us as town here, based on those explanations, but as I’ve made abundantly clear to myself at this point, Noraa baffles me.

--Noraa telling everyone how folks are supposed to read two slots if they are town is not good.

--I really don’t like this post from Pink Ball given that Pink is pushing...Spring Breeze, at this point? Someone who they haven’t mentioned in a hot minute, and don’t try to push immediately after this post. Pink goes on this page to mention that they’re exclusively focusing on Spring Breeze, but...don’t focus on Pink Ball.

--Is Gypyx’s thought accurate here, that longer days give scum an advantage?

--I don’t like someone voting somewhere exclusively because they’re told to, and then stating that as the reason for the vote, like Gypyx does here.

--This is one of many posts that I don’t quite get from Gamma. Unlike Noraa before him, he’s saying, well, not even a LOT while saying nothing.

--I liked Zaiden’s previous posts, but the AtE to get votes off his back here isn’t great. Still lightly townreading him though.

--I don’t understand what mwb’s problem with Jake is here, given that MWB admits that Gamma’s response to Jake’s query wasn’t great.

--Going off PB’s logic from before, he didn’t feel like pushing his scumread Zaiden before (who got a fair number of votes), but did feel like immediately jumping on a Noraa wagon?

--I generally like Morning Tweet’s opening read thread here. Good observations broadly, but I would have preferred to see any thoughts on scummy things.

--MT asks if it’s helpful to do what I’m doing right now, in this post. Now I’m starting to get concerned.

--MT’s summary is pretty good, and I feel suspicious of Noraa for a lot of the same reasons they point out here, which is biasing me to town read her (MT).

--SPF puts into words some bad vibes I’ve been having re: Gypyx and Cheetory for a bit but haven’t managed to elucidate yet.

--Noraa believes that S_S is scum and also that Midway is scum, but is voting for Jingle.

--This is just weird and insincere-reading to me. (Also is forced as hell.)

--Noraa still had ME in the town bucket as of the previous page of this game, but notes that “overwhelming confidence in flimsy reasons generally comes from scum or noob town”. Is she intentionally being farcical?

--Zaiden’s wall was hard for me to read, took me fifteen minutes to get through. I’m still townreading Zaiden though. I think he’s generally earnestly engaging with the game.

--I’m notably against self-meta (even though I think I break my own rule in this post). But Maria is generally a null-read for me now anyway.

--I hate this post from Noraa. Soft-confirming the “claim” and while she’s having a fair amount of heat...I really don’t like it. (she also implies that scum never self-destruct in which just seems blatantly wrong?)

--This post from MurderSunny feels out of nowhere but idk. I am interested in what he thinks the link between Cake and Maria comes from. (Never really got an answer on this.

--I think Cheetory and Zaiden are both town (though I’m more confident in Zaiden town).

I don’t have anything substantive from posts since then one way or another. Now, this is what my team had to say: Cephrir thinks Pooky is town, and that Jingle’s push on Noraa wasn’t bad. He didn’t like Cakez agreeing with Noraa’s inane reasoning on reading my slot as town. Ceph softreads mwb as scum, partially based on post 500, which felt weird, in conjunction with having played with mwb in the past. No one on my team has substantive game experience with Noraa. Everyone else is p busy the last few days with the other three games, so I am on my own. :(

I’m townreading Zaiden, MT, and, now, SPF quite a bit.
Townleaning Pooky and Jingle and Cheetory and Clidd and Spring Breeze
Gamma and Maria and S_S and Gypyx and Jake are null for me.
Scumlean MWB and Pink Ball
Scumread Noraa and SirCakez

I don't see a reason to change my vote away from Noraa at this time.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by SirCakez »

now that TENET is over I can say I think Gypyx is playing to his scum meta from that game
<3 thanks for playing Gyp
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Huh.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1596, MariaR wrote:You want me to tryhard for a post and take you down Zaiden? Really want me to start trying? Okay prep yourself.
can you even do this let's be real
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1607, SirCakez wrote:now that TENET is over I can say I think Gypyx is playing to his scum meta from that game
y'know, the reason i was playing like that is cuz that's my actual town meta
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:59 pm

In post 1610, Gypyx wrote:
In post 1607, SirCakez wrote:now that TENET is over I can say I think Gypyx is playing to his scum meta from that game
y'know, the reason i was playing like that is cuz that's my actual town meta
Que?
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Gypyx »

go read TENET nerd

or maybe don't that's 600 pages lol

but basically i high efforted this game to replicate my town meta
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (9/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:04 pm

You had to put in effort to.. replicate your town meta.. as town...

Something ain't adding up here.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by Gypyx »

i was scum

bottom text
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:06 pm

You said this game, not last game.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Gypyx »

well that was a gramatical error m'kay

bottom text
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

I feel bad for almost finding a picture of the Nazis and posting it here.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Gypyx »

depends if they have peaches

bottom text
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:42 pm

How many days until we need to brutally execute someone?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:53 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1619, Jake The Wolfie wrote:How many days until we need to brutally execute someone?
We are not executing anyone, this is a lovely community and if someone's not being nice we'll ask them politely to leave
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:07 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 1459, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1457, Spring Breeze wrote:i feel like you’re treating me very unfairly pink ball and it’s a little unpleasant
Is scumreading you being unfair with you? Don't play the victim, I have stated a scumread on you, that I'm very confident on it and nothing else. My job will be to convince everyone that you're scum, and your job will be to convince everyone that you're not, and that's about it. That's not unfair, I'm not being an asshole to you or treating you poorly or nothing. If you want to focus on one player who is scumreading you that's on you, I have my rights to keep my reasoning to myself until I think it's more convenient to share it.
i feel like it's really easy to understand why i would find this unpleasant (not an insult) but ok, i'm dropping this
Kanna of The Four Seasons.
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:10 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

it's true i don't think i've been super on ball with the game so i combed back through and i think these takes are a lot truer to my heart. list isn't ordered.

- cheetory is a townread, even taking away the emotional reason which i don't think i should focus on anymore. he's generally invested, and i especially like how he said he was going to go v/la but couldn't help but come back to comment on things about the game.
- noraa i think is town. she's actually playing very similar to a game i hard scumread her in and she was town. this is also one of the reads infinity feels really good about so i am locking in
- spf; my teammate infinity says he mindmelds with her a lot, and i agree she's had good takes, but i don't think she's towntold enough for a townread. this maria post () still pings me; i still think is too logic leapy, and she expresses a townread on mariar for it which i think is unwarranted. i don't *think* i'm misunderstanding the point, or at least am too far off
- pooky is my randsoultown. we played a game just before and he was a lot like this, and i'd think scum!pooky would be trying to control the gamestate/do something meaningful. he does know this, but i still feel he's town, i suppose. he just doesn't seem to care.
- morning tweet, i think is town for the confidence with the noraa read. i've played with scum!morning briefly and don't think she likes to make waves.
- jake is lhf, but should absolutely not be townread by any stretch of the imagination
- s_s, i am nullscumleaning for popping in at apparently the right moments to make jokes, but doesn't offer anything.
- sircakez has in general been pretty unafraid to give his opinions, and tonally reads as blunt town. maybe it's a soulread, i just think he's town
- zaiden; i liked his attempts to scumhunt with the conversations with his team members. i looked back and think i am probably putting too much stock into that emotional read so i am flipping here again. tonally town because i find him funny, but bias aside, he's probably a light townlean/null.
- gypx, i think is town. he's low effort solving, but still solving
- maria, on reflection, i can see being similar to pooky so i'm not that suspicious of her being put to the side as town for a lot of players. personally, i have no idea and i don't think my opinion matters on this
- pink ball, i'm pretty self conscious that i'm an attractive push for scum, but i don't think i can in good faith call that a scum push. otherwise content is a lot of asking questions and short comments which is pretty null.
- jingle, i still don't like his original noraa push. the points are nitpicky and generally reachy to come to the conclusion that noraa is scum. i do like (agree) with his reasoning behind the PR point noraa brought up though. i feel is still weak suppliment for a "very confident scumread" on noraa. the first question cheetory asked about noraa was a "this is more likely read," and the second one was just an inconsistency. i don't think he answered my question about the BoP.
- murdersunny; i have seen murdercat in other games though and he generally has a lot to say. the fact he's popped in a few times and said he's had nothing to say/nothing is happening feels strange because i almost feel like he wouldn't be able to contain his opinions as town if he's town. the change in playstyle is leantown, but it also lets him get away with not offering opinions. i'm fully open to looking at his case though

my team hasn't been around for this game, although infinity did say he was confident in noraa town, and he mindmelds with spf a while ago, and ydrasse said noraa was prob!town, which was also while ago
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:12 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 1620, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1619, Jake The Wolfie wrote:How many days until we need to brutally execute someone?
We are not executing anyone, this is a lovely community and if someone's not being nice we'll ask them politely to leave
this is a great post !
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:55 am

Post by Spring Breeze »

oh no i forgot gamma and PI

i’ll organise my tiers/see if my team updates me on some iso reads i asked them to do tomorrow. it’s so late

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”