TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1449, Cephrir wrote:*convenes*

what are we convening about
Tenet just ended, does this affect anything?

I guess you were scum so you knew everything anyway. Also that game is a good reason for me to have you at null and not a townread right now (which is honestly where I have you anyway, because while I like reading your posts I'm not seeing anything that is out of range for scum)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Do you think unwnd looks similar here to how he played in that game?

What about me?

Those are the big ones I think
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1450, Dunnstral wrote:

I guess you were scum so you knew everything anyway. Also that game is a good reason for me to have you at null and not a townread right now (which is honestly where I have you anyway, because while I like reading your posts I'm not seeing anything that is out of range for scum)
yeah nothing is news to me here <_<

that's totally valid of you and i respect it.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1451, Dunnstral wrote:Do you think unwnd looks similar here to how he played in that game?

What about me?

Those are the big ones I think
no, i guess, he was doing more like giant ass solving posts in that game and putting effort up to 11, but i think he's town here anyway.

it doesn't really have much impact on my opinion of you, i'd say you feel similar if i had to choose yes or no but i have no reason for that at all.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

honestly like, given my history, probably no one should townread me ever. i'm a very good scum player and i've had quite a number of outstanding games. but that sucks and would make me not want to play mafia anymore so please don't do that.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm not scumreading you, I just don't see a reason to townread you. Or rather, I think townreads are lazy and charisma based. Same thing for Unwnd, it feels like he's being townread for talking, when I feel he is well within his established scum range, in a game that IV linked.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i was thinking about actually looking at the game that IV linked. disentangling charisma from towniness is really hard and i don't know if i believe i'm especially good at it.
Bartleby the Scrivener
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

sometimes you just have to concede that some players cannot be caught without info
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't really do the 'I can never trust this person' thing

DGB feels vaguely good but don't trust me to read there.

JV gets scumread a lot when he's town and this game hasn't moved past that point yet, so I don't suspect him (this is a null read)

Hercule looks genuinely towny now that we've moved past the early stuff

Titus, A50, ABR, I have no idea.

Never played with Ythan, keeping an eye out here now that IV has cased them

IV looks more natural after making that case and some other stuff. Couple of weird posts.

the worst is unimpressive

OkaPoka I'm trusting other people that he's town. I don't have any problems with them.

Hopkirk looks like town to me. I've seen them upset before in a game. This anger did feel overblown a bit though.

Unwnd I talked about and I didn't like his push on hopkirk. feels out of character for unwnd and frankly scummy; also I thought it was talking about me for reasons but then they threw me into a would vote list without reasons so.

Winter Flakes: What do they mean by ? I don't think this game is that confusing. Otherwise I was townleaning them and wasn't convinced by the push against them

Xtoxm: It feels like they're not capable of posting unless they have their team behind them. Not sure what that means. Otherwise I was thinking playstyle clash but I'm not really a fan, hence my vote.

Dannflor: Pressure here in the future will be worthwhile. Exchanged banter and asked a few questions, and joined a few wagons. I don't think joining wagons is scummy, though.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by the worst »

I agree with that. I still think unwnd is displaying a nonguilty/pure mindset that is pretty hard as scum.

pedit: rude. your face is unimpressive
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1459, the worst wrote:I still think unwnd is displaying a nonguilty/pure mindset that is pretty hard as scum.
I think reads like this are bending over backwards to describe a tone read

I don't it would be particularly difficult for unwnd to be playing scum like this
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1458, Dunnstral wrote:JV gets scumread a lot when he's town and this game hasn't moved past that point yet, so I don't suspect him (this is a null read)
This is a quality take that I hadn't really thought about. JV uses they/them btw.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1460, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1459, the worst wrote:I still think unwnd is displaying a nonguilty/pure mindset that is pretty hard as scum.
I think reads like this are bending over backwards to describe a tone read

I don't it would be particularly difficult for unwnd to be playing scum like this
this makes me think you're calling me unimpressive while glazing over my posts. :P honestly that doesn't surprise me in this game though.

There's a distinct difference between analysing mindset and tone-reading.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1366, OkaPoka wrote:okay so let's form the read unwnd committee

dunnstral, titus, innocent villager are the members of this committee
Ok
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1395, DrippingGoofball wrote:Scum would bus AGar Day 1. Those wagons will be a gold mine.
You're speaking to my heart this game but my brain is paranoid.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1434, the worst wrote:so I think the Hopkirk shitpush is a town misplay. the net result is that it pulls credibility from unwnd's actual push on Hopkirk and allows Hopz a powerful rebuttal because the actual case on him was incoherent. The "my team thinks" mistype is something that feels like it comes from a pretty natural mindset - "some members of my team think (and the rest are sheeping)" would have been a more accurate phrasing but it doesn't actually lend credibility to the rhetorical power of the fact unwnd has support for his scum!Kirk read; it's just a sloppy misspeak which allows Hop an easy rebuttal.

unwnd is capable of high effort as scum. they're capable of acting lazy as scum. they're capable of trying to sound natural as scum. I find it a hard to believe that they've constructed a shitty case on Hopkirk and then actually successfully hit send without realising that what they're trying to say makes literally no sense - there's also an utterly unapologetic mindset behind the error that makes me very strongly think it's a real thought.

This is like my second strongest impression behind the IV post which I think broke scumrange
In post 1435, the worst wrote:it was a townslip in a really non-slippy non-engineered way, the mindset just feels earnestly dopey in a way which I absolutely buy unwnd (a categorically undopey player) being dopey
If scum he's more concerned with looking town than actually eliminating hopkirk
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1405, the worst wrote:We have time and I don't think anyone feels super urgent about sorting Hopkirk. Drop your case when you can - worst case scenario he's sorted later in the game when it's more pressing.
This is pretty icky. We can decide who we want to sort at anytime. It can and does change on a dime. Having a concise case dropped on anyone at anytime is aok. It reveals agenda which reveals alignment.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by the worst »

Given the balance of his strategy has been a sheer wall of effort I find it pretty hard to believe that unwnd finds it intuitive to make a super shitty push against a mildly townread player who is also tryharding the game and then falling on his ass in the middle of it is an effective way to get townread - that's like a direct contradiction to unwnd's playstyle afaict?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by the worst »

like it's such a wild version of reality where that series of posts is fabricated. it's also just an insanely believable slip-up.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1437, the worst wrote:a D1 wagon on Titus is generally not very helpful for finding scum!Titus but my god do people read fascinating stuff into her posts.
Then why vote me at all?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

ok, I'll consider that
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1469, Titus wrote:
In post 1437, the worst wrote:a D1 wagon on Titus is generally not very helpful for finding scum!Titus but my god do people read fascinating stuff into her posts.
Then why vote me at all?
of everyone on this plist I think you are the most capable of working that out :P
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1450, Dunnstral wrote:

I didn't read Tenet after I died. I hated the mechanic that I couldn't execute any of my SRs so I was left with my weakest one to push which was wrong. Brian's role was proscum though.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1471, the worst wrote:
In post 1469, Titus wrote:
Then why vote me at all?
of everyone on this plist I think you are the most capable of working that out :P
I am way behind everywhere and don't have time for guessing games.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by the worst »

because I don't have a confident read on either you or AGar, and we'd already pushed AGar - he just kept posting. he's playing to an agenda, but I don't know what the agenda is, so there's huge value in playing along with it and seeing what happens if we push you.

you're also a very polarising player so it's interesting to see how people react to pushing you for fairly meh reasons.

I remember dropping a note in my team's discord that my vote on you felt like something I'd do as scum and that was regarded as generally amusing but it wasn't a joke. lol.

anyway by way of progression I don't really feel like I'm any closer to sorting you or agar but I could see you as town here. I also think xtoxm's read on you was patently fabricated and I'm curious why he felt the need to post it. If he flips red I have some opinions but obviously pre-flip they're kinda just posturing.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”