Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1919, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1917, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1914, staypositivefriend wrote:if the pool of spring breeze/gypx/jake/jingle doesn't have at least one scum, then my solving this game is p off. those are the four names that i keep coming back to
spf is town for sure

jingle is probably town
any particular reason for the townread on jingle? i tried iso'ing him earlier and his posts are just kind of
there.
a few of his posts felt p townie to me when i read them in the moment, I can't remember top of my head which ones.

mostly his appeal for someone to ask skitter to read him is ptownie imo cuz she is p good at reading for scum and I'm not sure scum!him would want that kind of scrutiny.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1925, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:mostly his appeal for someone to ask skitter to read him is ptownie imo cuz she is p good at reading for scum and I'm not sure scum!him would want that kind of scrutiny.
skitter isn't in this though. It could have been faked.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1914, staypositivefriend wrote:if the pool of spring breeze/gypx/jake/jingle doesn't have at least one scum, then my solving this game is p off. those are the four names that i keep coming back to
spf is town for sure

jingle is probably town
any particular reason for the townread on jingle? i tried iso'ing him earlier and his posts are just kind of
there.
If it helps I can't think of a single name on site I'd say can read me consistently. :]
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1898, SirCakez wrote:low content = less focus on you
Really? I thought lurkers got executed at a higher than normal rate. I already said that I've been pressured for low content in many of my recent games. Maybe in the short term this is true, but in the long term (and by long term I mean like half of one game day), it definitely isn't.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

Alyssa maybe, but she got selfbanned.
This is a Parachute.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Eh Jingle doesn't seem like the guy to try to derp himself clear.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1921, midwaybear wrote:I might be tunneled on Jake.
UNVOTE:
How the fuck do you tunnel on a slot that just isn't there?
This is a Parachute.
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 1927, Jingle wrote:
spf is town for sure

jingle is probably town
there.
If it helps I can't think of a single name on site I'd say can read me consistently. :]
do you think uve towntold?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm

In post 1898, SirCakez wrote:Because it's fluffy and the nonchalance gives you an excuse to not scumhunt.
I interpret "fluffy" to mean "not game-relevant". Is that not what you're meaning by it?

Because that post was a direct response to a question, so it's not like it can really be irrelevant. And I mean yeah, it's convenient when I'm scum. But it's also just the way I play so like, it isn't scummy in this case. This isn't something I can lie about and get away with.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1926, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1925, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:mostly his appeal for someone to ask skitter to read him is ptownie imo cuz she is p good at reading for scum and I'm not sure scum!him would want that kind of scrutiny.
skitter isn't in this though. It could have been faked.
it looked kinda real to me, not sure it's something he thinks of doing.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:44 pm

In post 1903, SirCakez wrote:Something_Smart's whole discussion with me has felt scummy. It feels like he is nitpicking to try to weasel out of my reasons for him being scum. Rather then him just accepting that he looks scummy here (which I think is undeniable) and moving on.
It's undeniable that you scumread me. It's not undeniable that I'm scummy, because that's a subjective thing. I'm trying to understand what you're actually thinking, in part so I can respond and in part just so I can understand it and sort you. I don't think it's nitpicking, and I also find it weird that you think that scum-me would go "oh, Cakez has caught me, better nitpick and argue with him, that will definitely get him to change his mind!"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:46 pm

However... I'm fine with disengaging if you're getting sick of my questions. Because if you're sick of my questions, you're not going to give me helpful answers anyway.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1935, Something_Smart wrote:I also find it weird that you think that scum-me would go "oh, Cakez has caught me, better nitpick and argue with him, that will definitely get him to change his mind!"
Well what would you do as scum then?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Noraa »

S_S' s only scummy thing this game is that they are full of IIoa.
They aren't talking that much game related/useful/helpful things.
A lot of what they say is entirely useless and like sideline-y.
If that's the scum case, its weak but I do buy it.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1932, staypositivefriend wrote:do you think uve towntold?
There are things that I've done this game that I think are much more likely to come from town me than scum me, but no, I don't think I've broken out of my scumrange.

wrt the skitter thing, I 100% would have included her if I were scum. Not because I don't think she's scary, but because pointing people at a gamestate read that is similar to this one where she was actively a player in that game would have been asking skitter to shine a proctoscope so far up my ass she could see what I was eating.

I wouldn't have faked not knowing she was in the event as either alignment, because not paying attention to which 80 people are in the game isn't an AI thing in the first place so I have nothing to gain there.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:49 pm

In post 1937, midwaybear wrote:Well what would you do as scum then?
Probably something similar, maybe a little less intense. But I would be genuinely doing it to understand, and not to change his mind.
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:52 pm

starting to feel like i cleared maria way too easily
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1940, Something_Smart wrote:But I would be genuinely doing it to understand, and not to change his mind.
Is this a viable scum strat?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1942, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1940, Something_Smart wrote:But I would be genuinely doing it to understand, and not to change his mind.
Yes.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1943, Jingle wrote:
In post 1942, midwaybear wrote:
Yes.
To expand, the best position to be in as scum ISN'T a UTR. It's a situation where there's someone loudly calling you scum that no one is listening to.
This is a Parachute.
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:00 pm

In post 1939, Jingle wrote:
In post 1932, staypositivefriend wrote:do you think uve towntold?
There are things that I've done this game that I think are much more likely to come from town me than scum me, but no, I don't think I've broken out of my scumrange.

wrt the skitter thing, I 100% would have included her if I were scum. Not because I don't think she's scary, but because pointing people at a gamestate read that is similar to this one where she was actively a player in that game would have been asking skitter to shine a proctoscope so far up my ass she could see what I was eating.

I wouldn't have faked not knowing she was in the event as either alignment, because not paying attention to which 80 people are in the game isn't an AI thing in the first place so I have nothing to gain there.
thanks for answering. i get the impression that you're one of those players that's the easiest to catch by VCA/wagon dynamics. if you're scum then your alignment will probably become more clear by lategame
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by midwaybear »

How does understanding someone's accurate scumread one you lead to nobody listening to the other?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:02 pm

In post 1942, midwaybear wrote:Is this a viable scum strat?
Given that my scum strat is to try to play like I do as town, yeah.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Oh I think I misinterpreted you here.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1945, staypositivefriend wrote:
thanks for answering. i get the impression that you're one of those players that's the easiest to catch by VCA/wagon dynamics. if you're scum then your alignment will probably become more clear by lategame
Probably really dumb of me to admit this, but the best way to catch me is to get me really bored with the game. It's probably not a viable strat in TM, cause if I get bored here I'll just start popping into the other discord channels more often, but when I'm bored I'm liable to do dumb shit like abandon a perfectly solid fakeclaim to claim vig in a micro or take the two strongest town players who are vibing with each other really well into a 3p XLO or no kill gambit in order to confuse the shit out of the town, despite it risking an additional miselim. (All of those are things I've actually done in the past, and pooky was there for one of them.) As bored town I usually just disengage and stop solving.
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”