Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 160, DkKoba wrote:i still have them as town, dunno whats hard to process abt my posts
your town read was pure gut-based so I was just checking to see if there was anything to add is all. Don't know what is hard to process about my posts.
no investigation no right to speak
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 175, Zulfy wrote:wait what happened
thot chumbo had replaced out. Clidd what's with your fuzzy and me read.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 164, DkKoba wrote:sup clidd lets win this one :)
cheeky
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by clidd »

Zulfy, can I see a summary of what you are thinking about the players spontaneously, without thinking too much?

It's important.

pedit: Both of you seem scummy to me.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Can u tell us why
and yea sure let me go ahead with that:

Eloisa: Town just the whole thinking seems to line up with reality, which is to say her logic is the same as my logic so we're good. If I town read anyone it's her.
Koba: The sort who wolfs as town or scum.
You: The same as always, i.e. verbose and such. I will be patient.
Madoisha: Seems okay for now. Appreciating the effort.
Ben dover: Have honestly completely skipped past em in my skimming.
Umlaut: Nothing out of the ordinary. Kinda just waiting to see what happens here. The more he posts the better the game will be I think.
I'm forgetting two people idk who tho
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Zulfy »

oh nepenthe: no clue.
Fuzzy: should post.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Ienora*
Maduisha*
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by DkKoba »

nah its more that i town as town or wolf
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Zulfy »

and what if I dispute that hmm?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

disputing a fact doesnt make it less factual
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by Zulfy »

awooo
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Clidd where'd you go? You said it was important but now you're gone
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by clidd »

My scumlean on Fuzzy is bc he seems to be trying to project a town mentality and imagine how it would affect his opinions (, )

And you are more because I don't know if you are trying a strange form of scumhunting or if you are simulating a town approach!Zulfy.

pedit: Your takes are "ok", but meh, I was expecting a different reaction from you.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 172, DkKoba wrote:clidd ur using too big words and my brain hurts
Clidd always does that, you learn to ignore it. (My working theory is that people whose L1 is a Romance language will prefer English words that look "familiar" to them, which are usually fancy Latin-derived words rather than common Germanic ones.)

Anyway, I like what I'm seeing of clidd's reads. Except, for some reason, his townread on me? He's denying we have any meta to speak of even though we had a few... er, memorable games together, and I don't really understand how being able to cite a recent game as evidence for "broadcasting I'm-just-a-newb can be a scumtell" is in any way indicative of my alignment.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by clidd »

Spoiler:
In post 109, Zulfy wrote:VOTE: TheFuzzylogic99
In post 117, Zulfy wrote:Writing down the scum team and putting it in an envelope
In post 118, Zulfy wrote:Chumbo's in the envelope
In post 137, Zulfy wrote:
In post 125, Maduisha wrote:Alright, I don't know if this is some start of the day joke, but if you actually have some gut feeling about Chumbo, please do share the reason. I don't like the current pushes out there, so I'd be willing to listen if you think you can sell me a Chumbo wagon.

I did think his drunk-posting was alright, but let's see.
Just seemed like classic lurkscum. Also the drunk-posting, which wouldn't be a factor at the time I Made that post cuz he: wrote it after I posted, was just rapid-fire nothingness replies if you ask me. Never been a fan of those, it's the easiest effort to ape.
In post 139, Zulfy wrote:
In post 131, Umlaut wrote:
If you think Chumbo's scum why are you voting Fuzzy? Do you think Fuzzy's scum too?
hmmmm I don't wanna answer this
In post 134, DkKoba wrote:
In post 115, Zulfy wrote:There's nothing to derp clear cuz there's no derps there
whats a scum pt??
a thread for scum to post in together
In post 135, DkKoba wrote:
In post 100, lenora wrote:
In post 99, ben dover123 wrote:
In post 98, lenora wrote: i saw it as a bit OTT/performative - i'd maybe feel differently if they re-evaluated from it or if I saw the test on nepenthe as useful, but i'm getting the sense that koba is struggling to explain their reads/reasons

VOTE: dkkoba
Well I'm fairly certain that Koba is usually this aggressive and I don't think this relates to "struggling to explain their reads/reasons" in the slightest, it's just how Koba plays the game.
it's not the aggression itself that i find scummy though, it's the explanations.. like townreading Chumbo because he doesn't look like he has information

im a smart player and can see a player who is bumbling around without info on any other slot from a mile away.

do you think chumbo is scum?
oooh so aggressive. I don't think it's possible to see someone bumble from a mile away when they've only made 3 posts. Why are you asking her her read on Chumbo when the read on Chumbo is irrelevant to the vote on you?
In post 154, Zulfy wrote:
In post 141, Maduisha wrote:
In post 125, Maduisha wrote:Alright, I don't know if this is some start of the day joke, but if you actually have some gut feeling about Chumbo, please do share the reason. I don't like the current pushes out there, so I'd be willing to listen if you think you can sell me a Chumbo wagon.

Just seemed like classic lurkscum. Also the drunk-posting, which wouldn't be a factor at the time I Made that post cuz he: wrote it after I posted, was just rapid-fire nothingness replies if you ask me. Never been a fan of those, it's the easiest effort to ape.
I see. Well, the drunkposting remark from me was because it contributes to my thoughts on him before you could answer my post. I agree he lacked a bit of content before those posts, but being honest, the game is pretty empty so far (and at that point too), and it's hard to make content from nothing. What's your current opinion on Chumbo now that you read his other posts? Do you think it was an effort to stand out or genuine thought process?
In post 138, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Maduisha- As I stated it was just first thoughts. Scum like easy targets and since newbie are still adjusting to the new playstyle of a new site ( all mafia sites plays differently) it makes them easy targets. Scum also sometimes like to fish. That is to test the water to see if other players will join in the elimination.A lot of time they do it before voting. On the other hand, I could just be paranoid which for me is very possible.
Hm... why did you only bring that up for Nep, then? Lenora was pretty vocal at being a newbie too.
Sorry having a rough time posting.
What's the dichotomy between standing out and genuine thought process for? I see that sort of thing specifically as an effort to blend in
In post 155, Zulfy wrote:
In post 150, DkKoba wrote:I think zulfy is noobscum tho the way theyre approaching chumbo tho lol
Where's your chumbo read at
In post 157, Zulfy wrote:Chumbo re: calling u lurkscum when I hadn't posted yet: I can do that especially when I have no choice whatsoever but to make a First Post in the thread

And something that I also don't understand is that you start with a vote on Fuzzy and then start talking/slow pushing another slot that you are suspecting (?). Not to mention that your comment about my predecessor didn't have much AI substance and it looked more like you were making things up to see if something would fit. Since there was no support, that would explain why you didn't change your vote.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by clidd »

In post 189, Umlaut wrote:
In post 172, DkKoba wrote:clidd ur using too big words and my brain hurts
Clidd always does that, you learn to ignore it. (My working theory is that people whose L1 is a Romance language will prefer English words that look "familiar" to them, which are usually fancy Latin-derived words rather than common Germanic ones.)

Anyway, I like what I'm seeing of clidd's reads. Except, for some reason, his townread on me? He's denying we have any meta to speak of even though we had a few... er, memorable games together, and I don't really understand how being able to cite a recent game as evidence for "broadcasting I'm-just-a-newb can be a scumtell" is in any way indicative of my alignment.
We do have some games together, yeah, sometimes my memory is bad.

My read on you is very subjective. As I said earlier, it is possible for you to recall such information in both alignments. What changes is that I'm interpreting as towny the way you did it.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

almost forgot about analyzing a bit

Spoiler: analyzing
In post 12, nepenthe wrote:jumping into this to say:

i know that random voting is site meta on MS but i guess i’ve never understood the point of it and as a contrarian, want to set myself apart from the many by not doing that yet. and announcing that i’m not doing it, to boot.

(also, gentle heads up that i think dkkoba’s pronouns are they/them. not to embarrass anyone but i know it’s important to have gender identity recognized externally.)
This is towny from nepenthe.

Koba is being fairly aggressive but actually I think it might be NAI because Koba always plays like this.

I don't like the self-conscious attack that Koba is making because it doesn't really add up to me and honestly it feels kinda off.
In post 46, nepenthe wrote: also, am i being pocketed by ben? is this what it feels like? am i the pet townie?
This "being wary about pocketing" act is pretty towny coming from nepenthe.

lenora's tone is so...pure it just feels like she is town from tone. I don't really want to read into her tone farther than this.

Maduisha's posts are giving me town vibes but it seems that she is competent so I'll keep a close eye on her.

Koba's behavior isn't something I really like so I'll just read most of their posts as null since I think their playstyle antagonizes mine. Not in the mood to go full arguing mode like I do with Trendall in Newbie games.

lenora's attempt to sort Koba just feels like it comes from town.
In post 108, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Ok just got done reading through this thread

The only person I might of played with before might be Umlaut and that's a big maybe. There a lot of new people here so I am not sure exactly how to read them. There is also not much to work with . Page 5 in the RVS usually does not tell us much about a player in my opinion

Some observation
If Nepenthe is town he would be an easy target for scum to try to eliminate. I am not sure if Nepenthe is an awkward town or awkward scum. As both seem possible at the moment

Also dont know if Umlaut is faking outrage over the newbie posts. I been burnt by newbscum before but I also got railroaded as a new player by scum because I was an easy lynch. I think Umlaut is a player that's worth keeping my eyes on
Fuzzy's observation is very surface level analysis and I'm really not a fan. I definitely could settle on a Fuzzy wagon if we have nothing good to go off of by the end of the day.

Umlaut fearing lenora to be scum who is trying to get TR'ed by "newbieness" feels like unnecessary paranoia that only comes from town. Definitely ok leaving Umlaut as nulltown for rn.
In post 117, Zulfy wrote:Writing down the scum team and putting it in an envelope
Definitely do not like the sequence here.

Chumbo's drunk posting is quite surface level. Feels awfully filler and I want to see where clidd is going with this slot.

Maduisha is doing some deep analysis which I like for how slow this game is currently.
In post 138, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:@Ben- Fair. There was not to work with. I figured that most posts were mostly first thoughts and I wanted to see if the accusations were there to get things moving or things that players were willing to push harder. My thoughts were just basic observations that popped out. Things are moving forward and I can start to sort things out.
This would pass for me if it wasn't the fact that Fuzzy hasn't said much about actual thoughts. That doesn't reflect very well for him.

Since you scumread him before his drunk posting I won't factor that reason in

tbh this still doesn't explain why you explicitly revealed Chumbo from the envelope. Like if "classic lurkscum" is the only thing you have against Chumbo then wouldn't it make sense just to hold onto that read for a bit longer and then see how it develops? Calling someone as "classic lurkscum" 5 pages into the game isn't a great read especially in a low content game like this.
In post 152, Maduisha wrote:I wouldn't call him noob because he clearly has experience for years and stuff. The only thing pinging me kinda weird is that he refuses to explain whether he has a read on Fuzzy or not, but Chumbo already pressed on that matter.
I'm mindmelding with this line of thought. For calling Chumbo out just for lurking on page 5 Zulfy should be fine with calling other people out? I want to see what he has to say with this.
In post 170, clidd wrote:I remember playing against scum!Maduisha once or twice, but after looking at her takes here, I noticed that the superficial instance of neutrality that she addressed during the game that I lost to scum!she is not expressively present here. I feel a organic frequency of opinions coming from her, which is probably coming more from town!Maduisha than not. Evidently, I'm not sure if there was an evolution in her scumgame, but I believe that I will be able to reconsider if I notice that my impression is incorrect (eventually).
In post 171, clidd wrote:My experience with Umlaut is more from player to mod than player to player. Particularly, I don't know how his meta works, but the point that I found towny from him was his approach to the behavior that Lenora had, as it reflected me as genuinely skeptical. It's hard imo to see scum!Umlaut using a very specific material to push someone as scum, instead of rescuing a piece in memory unconsciously stimulated by the need for scumhunting as town.

Obviously, "genuine" does not always come from town, as scum could also argue about a real event that occurred, but in the context of Umlaut/Lenora, I see it as more town indicative than scum indicative.
clidd coming in and absolutely obvtowning out of the gate. Now I'm feeling a bit paranoid about him but I'll see how he progresses on from here.
In post 180, Zulfy wrote: Ben dover: Have honestly completely skipped past em in my skimming.
Oh dear, maybe I have to get a bit more into this game. The last thing I want is to be completely unnoticed, that's not how I'll get in my groove in games.

Reads:
Fuzzy - nullscum
Zulfy - null
Umlaut - nulltown
Maduisha - townlean
Koba - null
Lenora - townlean
clidd - townlean
nepenthe - nulltown

VOTE: Fuzzy

I'm fine with Fuzzy as my vote currently. Definitely want to pressure this slot and we need a couple wagons going for EoD. Not sure about Zulfy because the only thing I can see as slightly scummy is the Chumbo ordeal but I kinda want to give him some more time on that.
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by clidd »

If you're town, you shouldn't be paranoid of me, Ben.

You know what happened last game, right?
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by clidd »

Zulfy and Fuzzy are good wagons rn.

Fuzzy prob has a higher % of being scum, but I want to sort the stuff that Zulfy is doing first. The slowpush on Chumbo while voting Fuzzy is a dissonance that I'm having trouble seeing as coming from town.

I remember having a similar ping in a past game with Dk (names on the list) on a player called Radja, where he demonstrated this dissonant behavior as scum, so I want to assess whether it is the same case here or not.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Zulfy »

As I said before it was an attempt to not give up all of my stakes when applying pressure. I was asked if Fuzzy was my other scum read when I mentioned my envelope, I didn't want to make it clear whether or not he was an RVS vote or not right away, I wanted to be able to apply pressure to others.
Vote Fuzzy
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 192, ben dover123 wrote:I kinda want to give him some more time on that.
what does adding time to the Ordeal do
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 192, ben dover123 wrote:tbh this still doesn't explain why you explicitly revealed Chumbo from the envelope. Like if "classic lurkscum" is the only thing you have against Chumbo then wouldn't it make sense just to hold onto that read for a bit longer and then see how it develops? Calling someone as "classic lurkscum" 5 pages into the game isn't a great read especially in a low content game like this.
yeah but I wanted to get a reaction, something to happen. Did the next best thing.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by clidd »

Idk, it seemed to me that you were pushing Chumbo for meh reasons that didn't work. You actually gave more reasons to vote for Chumbo than necessarily for Fuzzy.

I am not buying into the idea of ​​being a pressure distribution or a reaction provocation.
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 193, clidd wrote:Image

If you're town, you shouldn't be paranoid of me, Ben.

You know what happened last game, right?
Sorry, sorry, I'm honestly scared at how you can easily just obvtown on and off. It honestly gives me the scares when I'm playing with you. I'm going under training to get my mindset to a "never think twice". That would probably help my game a lot.
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”