chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

Idk how to even process this right now. I had to search and find what lazy meant, that's a first for me. But like... that's the same role. There were 2 voyeurs!?

I am the confusion.

Role Watcher (fucking voyeur)
Odd Rolestop (doc variant?)
These are the pr flips

We now "know" (?) from someone claiming the same role as Math there's a Lazy Roleblocker and a Role Cop. Lazy implicitly means town from what I read?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

If there’s a Town rolecop who visited Momrangal N3 then they should claim - because if there isn’t then she is Town.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by chkflip »

That's an incredibly circumstancial stance, don't you think?

Just because lazy implies the roleblocker is town doesn't mean I think they should claim either.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

DGB I think you and I have... universal... thinking here, right?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

If it wasn’t a Town rolecop who targeted her then it must have been a mafia rolecop. Momrangal is a suspect slot so it would be good to clear that if possible. If a Town rolecop claims then it avoids a false green light.

There’s no need for the lazy roleblocker to claim as they’re basically an IC who can reveal when needed.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by chkflip »

Right, but you're assuming said cop has discernable information. So what if he could clear Mom? What protection does he have? A lazy potshot in the dark? I don't think it'd be wise for a town cop to claim here. If it were a cut/dry innocent/guilty cop then yes absolutely.

But someone saying "Mom is vanilla" then fucking dying tonight is not the pro strat. You're thinking far too linearly. We don't know how many of said cop's investigations are even alive or worthwhile for solving. Just IMO that'd be 100% up to that player. If people disagree I'm glad to just stfu with my antiqued way of viewing things.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In the scenario that Mom was targeted by a scum-rolecop then no-one needs to claim. She is conf Town.

If she was targeted by Town, then claiming avoids a false green light, which is important. If Momrangal is Town then I need to reassess the game.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by quiet »

Town watcher, a second town watcher, a town protect, a town lazy RB....

We think the fifth? (Do we even get five?) PR for town is another investigative? Gut feel, especially given the very neat murders of some town PRs, it’s a mafia role. I’m pretty inclined to clear Momrangal here, and Bino too.

Someone tell me if this is trash logic, but I’m very down for town to claim Rolecop here, as I don’t find it very likely to happen.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by chkflip »

And what I'm telling you, Luca, is that you should be re-assessing the game anyway. Constantly. Reads are only so much, tells only so circumstantial, NKA and VCA only so leading or helpful, etc. Roles have their part when it is optimal, but not as a fail safe for your paticular reads. I hope you don't feel like I'm picking on you -- like I said when I introduced myself, I'm a reforming asshole -- I just couldn't disagree with you more if it weren't more than light evidence that doesn't help us further the current gamestate in a way that absolutely solves it. If said role cop could double clear bina and even one more that's been dangling for a while (like JOYED or Hayker, for example) but if that isn't the case then only clearing Mom isn't really +solve enough for me.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by chkflip »

All that being said I am definitely of the opinion that the roleblocker and the role cop aren't the same alignment. And although lazy IMPLIES the role blocker is town, it isn't (unless I missed something) outside the realm of possibility that lazy couldn't have been modified to mean one town pr or less so that it could apply to a scum role. Unless that's outside the confines of mafia scum normal I can't exactly dismiss the idea from my head.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3175, chkflip wrote:There were 2 voyeurs!?
I was thinking along the lines of a Universal Backup.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 3178, chkflip wrote:DGB I think you and I have... universal... thinking here, right?
Ahem.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

Be cool about it next time Goofy, fuck. >_> <_<

I was trying to go Secret Squirrel and you went Rocky and Bullwinkle come on
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:50 pm

That's because I answered before reading the whole page.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:51 pm

I missed something. Who said there is a lazy something?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3149, Momrangal wrote:I made it clear that I am not in the best fucking mindspace for mafia and you go and decide that it's fucking ok to make an attack based on that fact, like what the fuck type of human being are you
Makes me think quiet might be scum given similar rationale was used on Nero why not try it again?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:56 pm

In post 3189, DrippingGoofball wrote:I missed something. Who said there is a lazy something?
OH I just found it nvm

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Plusjoyed
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 3190, Titus wrote:Makes me think quiet might be scum given similar rationale was used on Nero why not try it again?
GIRL

BBmolla, Hayker, PlusJOYED, quiet

WHERE ARE WE GOING

Fucking disregard, then. Good.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by quiet »

In post 3190, Titus wrote:Makes me think quiet might be scum given similar rationale was used on Nero why not try it again?
Titus to clarify I did not make any reads on Momrangal today, my read was towards chkflp, and they took it as though it was on them. I really really want to make that super clear.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by chkflip »

She's not talking about the slot, she's talking about the angle of attack.

Would you like to buy this shovel? It's only lightly used by BBmolla.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by quiet »

I’m just still very confused by Momrangel’s take, and now doubly confused that Titus is referencing it, given that it seemed to come out of a misapprehension.
I’ll just leave it.

And yes shovels mmm very exciting.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Did plusJOYED’s post allow them to circumvent the prod? That’s ridiculous. If they’re refusing to contribute so blatantly, then I actually think Titus has a point and we should execute there. I just don’t want to do it now - I actually think {Luca, Hayker, quiet} is certain to have Scum in it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:06 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Like Town doesn’t continue to avoid getting force replaced like that and not even try and help out at all.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:12 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 3196, quiet wrote:and now doubly confused that Titus is referencing it
Okay.

Titus isn't saying you're sus because you suspect Mom. You don't. We've established that, we're good there. What Titus is saying is that "chk isn't playing the way I'd like" sounds an awful lot like "Nero isn't playing the way I'd like" and is correllating the mindset of the two with the fact that it worked in flipping Nero.

@Titus did I use the lawyery word right? I watched tons of Law and Order working up to this moment.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”