TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2073, mastina wrote:
In post 2056, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Big egos come out in Team Mafia.
Basically, yeah.
In post 2060, unwnd wrote:How common is it in current meta (e.g not exclusive to a player) for them to go 'oh yeah I don't give a shit about this wagon on me', because people are so prone to emotion these days lol
VERY uncommon. Most scum in the current meta end up fairly defensive, and unfortunately, so do a lot of town. (Scum defensiveness is notably more common than town defensiveness, but town defensiveness is a thing.)

ABR is a player I'd expect to not conform to the meta regardless of his alignment, to play his own style of game, but I will say this:
I feel like if ABR were actually scum here, he would be efforting. Not in self-defense, but in hyper-aggression.

Him not defending himself isn't what I'd call town--him not going hyper-aggro while he is under pressure IS.
Yeah that's kinda why I hesitate on xtoxm

It's not a townread mind you but yeah
Stop
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by hercule »

bruh the main thing is how do you tab in after 2 days to a wagon forming on you and your only post. your ONLY post is to paraphrase some shit your teammate said??

not even a "this is fine" meme?? nothing?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

That’s exactly how I approach wagons on me as scum and I don’t think it’s that uncommon for less emotional players?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2071, OkaPoka wrote:And there has been plenty of times where scum has been 'caught' but town loses momentum and interest and they slip by even though they were 'caught'.
Sure, but come a future day, say by D3-5 in that range.

Y'all are gonna look back at the mislynches on the slots like ABR and Xtoxm, scrutinize their wagons looking for the scum on them, and be wondering... "why the fuck did we eliminate them, again?". You're gonna look back, realize in hindsight they're not nearly as scummy as they looked while alive, and wonder how the fuck they ended up being eliminated.

And if you're smart, you'll realize it's because in a bout of stupidity, y'all ended up jumping on thinking you've 'caught' scum for things that aren't actually scum.

But you'll probably pull another dumb, instead of realizing the above, thinking that clearly, the mislynches were the machinations of deepscum that powerwolfed and paranoia-vote the powertown players that you were yourself among, forgetting that they were in the same mindset you were in at the time.

How's
that
for a prediction? :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by the worst »

i have such a good throwaway line if i'm ever wagoned

as a wise man once said:
"there is no such thing as Death, really, you know, only Change, lmao"
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by unwnd »

Yeah, but do you do that while trying to do at least..something?
Stop
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2078, mastina wrote:
In post 2071, OkaPoka wrote:And there has been plenty of times where scum has been 'caught' but town loses momentum and interest and they slip by even though they were 'caught'.
Sure, but come a future day, say by D3-5 in that range.

Y'all are gonna look back at the mislynches on the slots like ABR and Xtoxm, scrutinize their wagons looking for the scum on them, and be wondering... "why the fuck did we eliminate them, again?". You're gonna look back, realize in hindsight they're not nearly as scummy as they looked while alive, and wonder how the fuck they ended up being eliminated.

And if you're smart, you'll realize it's because in a bout of stupidity, y'all ended up jumping on thinking you've 'caught' scum for things that aren't actually scum.

But you'll probably pull another dumb, instead of realizing the above, thinking that clearly, the mislynches were the machinations of deepscum that powerwolfed and paranoia-vote the powertown players that you were yourself among, forgetting that they were in the same mindset you were in at the time.

How's
that
for a prediction? :P
I don't understand where a single one of your thought processes come from, genuinely. It feels like you are on a different planet than the rest of the game and I'm not sure if it's because you haven't caught up yet you're trying to be present or if you just are informed of things that I'm not and therefore have to approach the game from a different angle
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Mastin where are you in your catchup?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:48 pm

I'm just going to outsiurce my vote to mastin for the rest of day 1.

VOTE: hercules
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2080, unwnd wrote:Yeah, but do you do that while trying to do at least..something?
I mean I viewed his weird post reaching out to me and a couple other posts he made as lame attempts to do just that
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Lol you’re literally just pocketing mastina because she’s loud and will defend you
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2083, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm just going to outsiurce my vote to mastin for the rest of day 1.

very pro-town of you!
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2082, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Mastin where are you in your catchup?
In post 2083, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm just going to outsiurce my vote to mastin for the rest of day 1.

this person clearly has not read the game, I should sheep them while I'm being wagoned, this elim will definitely go through and save me!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

It's a shit prediction because you are road-not-taken-ing.

We flip the "deepwolf" d1 and instead someone else will play the deepwolf on d3-5. If he's town then no shit we misread things. In hindsight, the signs of the truth will be much more obvious of course welcome to human nature. Proof? Why isn't there one way to analyze English literature? Because the author is dead and you can't ask them for the right answer, so you will have great minds come together and have different thoughts. But when we analyze history, even the dumbest historians can mainly agree that x,y,z contributed to the fall of Rome. Romans were smart why couldn't they prevent their falls if these dumbasses can agree? Because hindsight is meaningless for today.

That's the nature of these type of games.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2076, hercule wrote:bruh the main thing is how do you tab in after 2 days to a wagon forming on you and your only post. your ONLY post is to paraphrase some shit your teammate said?? not even a "this is fine" meme?? nothing?
Quite easily as it turns out. Xtoxm was the D2 elimination that game; go look at his posting at the bottom of his iso. Notice something?

His posting there is almost nothing--no recognition of his situation, nothing.

And that's just the example I got from the top of his game history where he was eliminated.

I could find many others.

Suffice to say: Xtoxm reacting that way isn't scum; I actually think it's town.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1971, Dannflor wrote:Cephrir - Town lean. I have had trouble getting a bead on this slot. There are a lot of players in this game that are pleasant and make pleasant enough posts and aren't really doing anything scummy, but that's not really enough to town read someone in a game where everyone is like that.

Over time, I've just gotten the strong sense that Cephrir is uninformed. That may not seem like a lot and scum can certainly act unsure and fill their ISO with questions over content. However, Cephrir has a good mix of content with his very careful approach of trying to figure out wtf is going on in this game. He hasn't necessarily acted as a "mediator" in the Dunn vs. unwnd type scuffles (which would be an easy way to get town cred) but instead approached such 1v1s as trying to figure out what each party is actually saying and what their reads are. He also has the quality of calling out some of the more bullshit reads and claims such as vague statements about wagon composition/placement and gamestate reads, trying to get people defend their takes with a little less vagueness. He never does this is an accusatory way, or like he's trying to push something, but to try to understand a slot's perspective better.

I liked his Agar push. I like the reasoning behind the reads he's expressed. The only reason this isn't a more confident read is mostly just that it's really hard to get confident reads in a large for me and I haven't gotten a high enough concentration of town!Ceph yet to be like, yes this is definitely town.
I didn't like his response to me vs unwnd, actually, it felt like he was too far on the sidelines. I don't know his activity at the time which is why I'm not pushing this harder, but him trying to figure things out felt empty
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

all this flashwagon hopping and dying on low content slots is bizarre and making me nauseous

I don’t have anything more to add other than that, is this like how we’re supposed to play larges or something
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2091, innocentvillager wrote:all this flashwagon hopping and dying on low content slots is bizarre and making me nauseous

I don’t have anything more to add other than that, is this like how we’re supposed to play larges or something
well what don't you get about the abr case?
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2089, mastina wrote:
In post 2076, hercule wrote:bruh the main thing is how do you tab in after 2 days to a wagon forming on you and your only post. your ONLY post is to paraphrase some shit your teammate said?? not even a "this is fine" meme?? nothing?
Quite easily as it turns out. Xtoxm was the D2 elimination that game; go look at his posting at the bottom of his iso. Notice something?

His posting there is almost nothing--no recognition of his situation, nothing.

And that's just the example I got from the top of his game history where he was eliminated.

I could find many others.

Suffice to say: Xtoxm reacting that way isn't scum; I actually think it's town.
well, fair enough. maybe he's just a liability
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by mastina »

Exact same spot as before: page 14.

I can't simultaneously read the earlier pages AND read the current pages when the current pages are being created so rapidly. Given that I'm forced to choose, the current takes priority over the past.

When people start to slow down on the current posting, I'll go back to the past posting.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2042, unwnd wrote:
In post 2023, unwnd wrote:Here's my take on xtoxm and why I think he's null

You have to put yourself in a suspension of disbelief that xtoxm (along with his partners) see he's at E-2 whatever and not have some sort of reaction to it? If that's a gameplan and he's just going down for the towncred, who the hell is bussing him? There is slanker scum, I'm not denying that possibility. It's just that I think even the most feeble scum could see the town rallying to kill him and at least want to do some FUD before they're out the door
I would like this answered from the 'xtoxm is obvscum' crowd
Counterpoint: Why would they do that as town?

Slanking either way, not everything needs a reason
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:58 pm

In post 2087, hercule wrote:

this person clearly has not read the game, I should sheep them while I'm being wagoned, this elim will definitely go through and save me!
Such is the nature of mafia. You voted me because oka and hopkirk told you to
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:58 pm

In post 2094, mastina wrote:
Exact same spot as before: page 14.

I can't simultaneously read the earlier pages AND read the current pages when the current pages are being created so rapidly. Given that I'm forced to choose, the current takes priority over the past.

When people start to slow down on the current posting, I'll go back to the past posting.
FML.
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by hercule »

In post 2096, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 2087, hercule wrote:

Such is the nature of mafia. You voted me because oka and hopkirk told you to
okay let me ask you this: do you think I am mafia?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

ABR is being very awkward. Not sure if he's town or scum here but he's certainly derailed this wagon.

I think we should stick to xtoxm today

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”