TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2222, AGar wrote:
In post 2219, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 2217, AGar wrote:Oka do you feel like mastina is engaging you in good faith?
no but that's not AI for her
Let's ignore meta because meta is trash.

Do you see no benefit to scum using bad faith arguments as a stalling tactic to avoid having to read back on the thread to gain context which could shatter their "reads"?
mastina is scumsiding by cluttering the thread with takes that aren't aligned with reality yes it's beneficial for scum but also it doesn't mean she's scum

anyways i read mastina's post unfortunately

mastina can graduate to point 3 and 4 now
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 2223, the worst wrote:I think we need to nolife at the same time some night because I don't think we're reading the same game
I've probably read it less than you but I really don't see a world where Scum!ABR would care to make that post about Xtoxm, and the fact he's being wagoned for it is both ridiculous and a bad look on everyone who has voted it, imo.
-Uncrowned Alt
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

or agar for you:

if I voted mastina right now it would be because I can't find a good scum flip and want to go for policy, but i have a couple reads i want to flip so yeah
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

Like if we're playing that game just wagon me because I'm calling him town when he's the leading wagon. What's the difference, exactly?
-Uncrowned Alt
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

No I’m not gonna spend my readslist talking about xtoxm because he’s a very boring slot and the reasons to vote him are self evident,

Yes I will spend time talking about every other slot because those are the slots where spending time sorting will actually be productive
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2203, Winter Flakes wrote:@Ceph

Dannflor feels passive and fake sorty imo hence my vote
aren't "passive" and "fake sorty" kind of opposites? i guess he isn't driving wagons? i thought his reads wall looked like pretty real solving, but i know he is a charming devil
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

There's at minimum a scum who quick voted him and I'd be willing to bet there is 2.
-Uncrowned Alt
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 2225, OkaPoka wrote:mastina is scumsiding by cluttering the thread with takes that aren't aligned with reality yes it's beneficial for scum but also it doesn't mean she's scum

Y'know what?

I'm just gonna go raid and play WoW because I can't get anywhere with this fucking game and it's pissing me off.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 2230, Cephrir wrote:aren't "passive" and "fake sorty" kind of opposites? i guess he isn't driving wagons? i thought his reads wall looked like pretty real solving, but i know he is a charming devil
Depends on playstyle, I guess? But I don't think so.

I think you can make passive comments that are mostly neutral and inoffensive to make it look like you're trying to sort, for sure. I don't think they're two exclusive things.
-Uncrowned Alt
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2226, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 2223, the worst wrote:I think we need to nolife at the same time some night because I don't think we're reading the same game
I've probably read it less than you but I really don't see a world where Scum!ABR would care to make that post about Xtoxm, and the fact he's being wagoned for it is both ridiculous and a bad look on everyone who has voted it, imo.
It’s not about someone thinking the leading wagon could be town. This is so disingenuous.

It’s about ABR coming out of the blue with this after hard pushing for flipping xtoxm throughout the day
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2170, unwnd wrote:
In post 2143, Dannflor wrote:who is expressing such certainty that xtoxm is scum

I feel like this sudden concern about a phantom group of people that are deadset on xtoxm obv scum is made up

he's scummy but like ??? it's day 1 in a large if either of you flipped town I would be frustrated but not surprised
My statement was a bit exaggerated for effect, I lead with this in sort of a reactive sense

I do think though that if you're voting someone, you think they're scum

And that was like 8 people lol
Dann?
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 2232, AGar wrote:
In post 2225, OkaPoka wrote:mastina is scumsiding by cluttering the thread with takes that aren't aligned with reality yes it's beneficial for scum but also it doesn't mean she's scum

Y'know what?

I'm just gonna go raid and play WoW because I can't get anywhere with this fucking game and it's pissing me off.
im sorry agar im pissed off too and in my younger years id be like yeah lets kill mastina but mastina is mastina so i will probably need more time to parse that slot
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2205, Winter Flakes wrote:I'd say it's relatively common for townies to express doubt on a wagon that is close to elim, especially when it's one that they clearly weren't that invested in/didn't want in favour of other ones,
but... the whole point was that he did seem to want it...
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2220, OkaPoka wrote:someone translate mastina's posts for me i cant look at them
Then the fault is on you because I've demonstrated how it is perfectly reasonable for someone to come to the conclusion that Titus is townreading IV for voting her.

YES, Titus wasn't townreading IV for voting her.

But just because she wasn't townreading IV for voting her doesn't mean it isn't possible for someone to
think
she was townreading IV for voting her.

And I've done a damn good job of showing how someone could come to that perfectly reasonable, even if ultimately incorrect, conclusion when reading Titus's . It is especially likely a conclusion to make if you're not paying super close attention and are only skimming.

Titus acknowledged IV was voting her; Titus stated a townread on IV, but did not give any reason for said townread; it is not unreasonable to conclude the reason for the townread is the vote on her. It's an incorrect conclusion, but not an impossible one, nor even improbable; it is one which I made just from the iso, and if I can make that understandable-but-wrong conclusion, so too could Xtoxm.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2224, mastina wrote:
In post 2218, mastina wrote:
In post 2202, OkaPoka wrote:are you being daft on purpose ?
Are you?

Because I've demonstrated pretty clearly how Xtoxm could read and come to the perfectly reasonable conclusion of "Titus is townreading IV for IV scumreading Titus".

1079 is, just in of itself, enough to have formed that stance.

The full context of the situation indicates the conclusion is ultimately wrong.

But if you're not paying extra-special attention to the full context, if you're not putting 2000% into scrutinizing the context, analyzing its nuances in-depth with special attention there with the intent of making a point? If you're just casually reading?

It is RIDICULOUSLY easy to read Titus's 1079 as townreading IV for scumreading her.

For Xtoxm to be scum making this up, you'd need to demonstrate how it's impossible for Xtoxm to have not carefully and meticulously scrutinized it and seen the correct context. For Xtoxm to be scum making this up, you'd need to demonstrate that Xtoxm read the context correct and then chose to lie about the context.

Which is all sorts of violating occam's razor.

The simplest solution being.
Xtoxm wasn't paying such close attention that he correctly read the context, and that Xtoxm misread it and made a read off of that.
For the record: Xtoxm having generated a read off of an incorrect interpretation of a post, but one which isn't that hard to have made, does further my feelings of him being town, because it means he took the time to come to a conclusion, but wasn't so hellbent on it being perfect that he cared to check to make sure the read wasn't flawed.
Also I want this on the next page.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

points 3 and 4 mastina, points 3 and 4
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 2229, Dannflor wrote:No I’m not gonna spend my readslist talking about xtoxm because he’s a very boring slot and the reasons to vote him are self evident,

Yes I will spend time talking about every other slot because those are the slots where spending time sorting will actually be productive
Nuh uh. You said something along the lines of "we're killing Xtoxm which I'm happy with"

the fact you don't even put a sentence on the slot other than that when you can drop paragraphs on others just doesn't sit right
-Uncrowned Alt
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

this got too dense and annoying for me i'm starting to glaze over
Bartleby the Scrivener
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

like mastina think critically about why people haven't flipped to agree with you even though you are posting mega walls with logical steps

you are missing massive amounts of context that everyone else has, stop arguing with me until you've read up
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 2237, Cephrir wrote:but... the whole point was that he did seem to want it...
...did he?

I recall him wanting Xtoxm gone at one point but I thought he'd switched over to a couple other people? And I thought I read a post where he was actively complaining about putting his vote on Xtoxm and that he didn't want anyone to complain when it flipped town? This is prior to him making the post where he said "I've seen wagons like this flip town" or whatever it was

unless I really have just been reading a different game
-Uncrowned Alt
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2241, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 2229, Dannflor wrote:No I’m not gonna spend my readslist talking about xtoxm because he’s a very boring slot and the reasons to vote him are self evident,

Nuh uh. You said something along the lines of "we're killing Xtoxm which I'm happy with"

the fact you don't even put a sentence on the slot other than that when you can drop paragraphs on others just doesn't sit right
i put a few sentences about that slot but go off i guess
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2235, unwnd wrote:
In post 2170, unwnd wrote:
In post 2143, Dannflor wrote:who is expressing such certainty that xtoxm is scum

I feel like this sudden concern about a phantom group of people that are deadset on xtoxm obv scum is made up

he's scummy but like ??? it's day 1 in a large if either of you flipped town I would be frustrated but not surprised
My statement was a bit exaggerated for effect, I lead with this in sort of a reactive sense

I do think though that if you're voting someone, you think they're scum

And that was like 8 people lol
Dann?
I mean yes people were voting for him because people think he's scum

that's a different situation than saying everyone is convinced he must flip scum and thus there's something deeply wrong going on

idk the reactive bit has thrown me off because people are acting like it's a big deal that people find xtoxm scummy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2244, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 2237, Cephrir wrote:but... the whole point was that he did seem to want it...
...did he?

I recall him wanting Xtoxm gone at one point but I thought he'd switched over to a couple other people? And I thought I read a post where he was actively complaining about putting his vote on Xtoxm and that he didn't want anyone to complain when it flipped town? This is prior to him making the post where he said "I've seen wagons like this flip town" or whatever it was

he might have voted elsewhere but my understanding is that the whole issue was... well, this.
In post 1978, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I've seen so many of these end with a townflip.
In post 1979, OkaPoka wrote:why did you vote xtoxm in the first place?
In post 1980, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1695, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1691, Dannflor wrote:abr, why is xtoxm scum

and for brownie points why is he a better flip than any other flip
As far as I'm concerned he's done little and less to help the town. Spending most of the day not voting is innacptable, and his iso is sparse and underwhelming. Not a slot I'd be sorry to see go.
In post 1724, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1712, the worst wrote:how am i meant to decide between eliminating xtoxm, eliminating abr, and policying hercule
this game is impossible
It's easy, one is at L-2 and the other two aren't.
In post 1982, OkaPoka wrote:dont really get why abr would make the most recent comment then like why lol
what changed in those 200 posts? seems like nothing? if it's about the way the wagon formed or something, why not say so? but he was on that wagon at one point. i dont think it makes a lot of sense from him and he hasn't offered an explanation that does anything for me
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2244, Winter Flakes wrote:
...did he?

this is an easy thing to check!
In post 1617, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VOTE: xtoxm
In post 1678, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I lose interest when people start using words like deepwolf, LHF and LAMIST. Anyways can we flip Xtoxm?
In post 1695, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1691, Dannflor wrote:abr, why is xtoxm scum

and for brownie points why is he a better flip than any other flip
As far as I'm concerned he's done little and less to help the town. Spending most of the day not voting is innacptable, and his iso is sparse and underwhelming. Not a slot I'd be sorry to see go.
In post 1724, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1712, the worst wrote:how am i meant to decide between eliminating xtoxm, eliminating abr, and policying hercule
this game is impossible
It's easy, one is at L-2 and the other two aren't.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i don't feel like i can keep track of everything anymore and i'm inclined to blame mastina
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”